AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Old 2013-09-06, 03:02   Link #501
tsunade666

I wonder what kind of message it is. But it sure give the reason for Touma to save the pregnant woman.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:33   Link #502
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

^ Touma and/or Mikoto are getting a little brother/sister ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Anyone find this nice?
I actually kind of loved this fact, but didn't point it out at the time. All the Touma/ Mikoto development this volume kinda came out of nowhere... well I guess it was a long time coming... but this was really surprising and unexpected... well not exactly

Anyway, Mikoto finally did something worthwhile. If she keeps this up, she might regain my respect as a major character eventually

BTW guys: I called the fact that Mikoto would clobber Touma for seeing him with Birdway and Lessar (still not letting that one go though I'm guessing everyone saw that coming) but I called the fact that Mikoto was going with them! Wooo lol even though I wasn't actually expecting it to happen.

Hmmm... I can't wait to read the full version. 4 more days until we get more translation I'm guessing or maybe 5/6 days depending on when Js06 gets some of the text to translate. I wonder how long it'll take him and people helping to translate all of it? 3 days this time? 2 days? 1 day? okay that was a slight exaggeration.

You know the funny thing is that literally every time we all comment about how the spoilers are getting crazier each time and we believe there is a limit... and then we turn out to be super dead wrong. That's absolutely hilarious. I'm guessing next volume will be even crazier? Well this time I'm actually doubting if that is even possible

Anyway, for those people saying the last bunch of spoilers had more things to speculate about. IMO only major plot points were mentioned in the spoilers and last time not everything that was released was 100% right like they said Touma lost to Tsuchimikado, but he clearly beat him in the fight in NT 7...

So, I'm guessing there will be a lot of important hints that can give us an idea for things to speculate about and future plot developments that aren't in the spoilers. I mean the book is very very long, so there should be plenty of room for information that wasn't mentioned completely in the spoilers This is why I'm guessing we should still be excited about future volumes before making rash judgments on the book's quality before actually reading it. NT 7 had a lot more to it than the spoilers. I'm sure this book will have more to it as well. (It's chou hard to paraphrase a book anyway).
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:42   Link #503
ACertainStark
Hyperactive Cyber Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This is why I'm guessing we should still be excited about future volumes before making rash judgments on the book's quality before actually reading it. NT 7 had a lot more to it than the spoilers. I'm sure this book will have more to it as well. (It's chou hard to paraphrase a book anyway).
Of course. It's a bit silly that it comes from spoilers yet again like before. Wait for the 200 page book not 20-30 small sentences. That still might not exactly be true.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 04:19   Link #504
Xero8420

You know, the spoiler that came from the same guy who brought a 'fake' spoiler could be a big freaking troll. So, the spoiler we have now might not be 100% accurate, yes.

A pregnant woman, eh? Could be tempting for Touma/Mikoto flag there. But... Sorry to bring out my delusion, but is Misaki there too?

Say, I wonder what were the MILFs talking about?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 04:20   Link #505
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Anyway, Mikoto finally did something worthwhile. If she keeps this up, she might regain my respect as a major character eventually

Anyway, for those people saying the last bunch of spoilers had more things to speculate about. IMO only major plot points were mentioned in the spoilers and last time not everything that was released was 100% right like they said Touma lost to Tsuchimikado, but he clearly beat him in the fight in NT 7...
Not happening, she probably force her way through it and not leave Touma behind so she eventually went with them when the location of gremlin base was found.

Touma acknowledge that he can't beat Tsuchimikado. The only reason he beat him is because he isn't his usual self. So in a way. he will still lose in a straight fight or at least it will be a harder fight than a punching bag which what happen in their fight in NT 7.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 06:28   Link #506
zaeraal

Does anyone have the feeling that the ending is somewhat odd?
Othinus had 100% failure rate for her spells, then she created Gungnir, which gives the user a 100% success rate.
Should not she have a 50% / 50% ratio again? Or something crazier like every spell succeeds and fails at the same time?

As for the next volume, there will be either:
Small Time Skip - Touma wakes up in his room surrounded by semi-nude females, like every ordinary day (what happened is unknown)
Perfect world - Touma wakes up in Othinus perfect world and has to decide whenever to destroy it or keep it. (destroys it)
Big Battle - Othinus didn't destroyed the world yet, but only started the end-of-the-world-event. (Sun and Moon going black, etc...)
Othinus failed - Something went wrong and Othinus failed to destroy the world, the darkness was Othinus (Touma) fainting.
Old 2013-09-06, 07:34   Link #507
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Oh no, my dear rival Phib is the complete opposite(he hates Touma)
But in these past volumes, he's been starting to soften up to him
good to hear.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:10   Link #508
desrtsku
Punching bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
You forget Aisa so its Aisa. She wants to enter center stage.
Aisa? Who is that again?
Old 2013-09-06, 13:39   Link #509
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Sleeping Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Aisa? Who is that again?
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Himegami_Aisa

"The silent voice within one’s heart whispers the most profound wisdom.”
Noctis Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:46   Link #510
Hiss13
Katsu-nee <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lucis Caelum View Post
You didn't get the joke.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 16:46   Link #511
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...

I finished reading the news spoilers...

I don't know what to say, I'm surprised but not in a good way, it feels like down to me, I liked the fake spoiler since it foccused on Othinus and Ollerus but now we have little about them and emmr....
Touma fighting a prego?
hahahahahhahhahaha
HA HA HA
*insert cold laugh here*

Whoot? Seriously? Next time throw a toddler at him, Kamachi? Or a quadriplegic(wait, that is Accelerator ). That was pathetic imho and I don't care if she can summon beasts, Touma isn't going to lose anyway and then the supposed thrilling dark ending, meh, don't feel nothing here. I fear the next volume starting as if nothing happened and then everything goes back to normal!! uhghh.

I just hope that part at least turns out to be fake .

This arc feels more like a skirmish and not a new world war.

At least Acqua is back, right? This series needs more characters like him, KL, or Fiamma... not pathetic villains.
Old 2013-09-06, 17:09   Link #512
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Touma fighting a prego?
hahahahahhahhahaha
HA HA HA
*insert cold laugh here*
you're taking this way too seriously

Quote:
Whoot? Seriously? Next time throw a toddler at him, Kamachi? Or a quadriplegic(wait, that is Accelerator ). That was pathetic imho and I don't care if she can summon beasts,

the hell you mean don't care if she can summon beasts? Her dragon thing ripped their plane in half

Quote:
Touma isn't going to lose anyway
are you sure you've been reading so much of this series that you just now say that

Quote:
then the supposed thrilling dark ending, meh, don't feel nothing here.
of course you didn't feel anything, it's only a summary, the actual book isn't out to read yet

Quote:
I liked the fake spoiler since it foccused on Othinus and Ollerus
the fake spoiler literally had nothing but Kakine and Ollerus fighting then destruction and just explanation

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:16   Link #513
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...

Quote:
Thats why I want to believe is a fake too. Thats not cool or exciting, is just weird.

Quote:
the hell you mean don't care if she can summon beasts? Her dragon thing ripped their plane in half
Can't average magicians do that? Even Styil made a hole in a plane, they even have spells to make flying mages fall.

Quote:
are you sure you've been reading so much of this series that you just now say that
At least previous situations were hopeless, thats why I mentioned Acqua and Fiamma.

Quote:
of course you didn't feel anything, it's only a summary, the actual book isn't out to read yet
No, I mean on a literary sense this kind of anticlimax rarely works and hits the fan. It will be like Daihasesai or like the 'omg, Frenda is alive!? from NT5.

Quote:
the fake spoiler literally had nothing but Kakine and Ollerus fighting then destruction and just explanation
And? It just had more room to speculate some nice theories. It also feels the fights had more space to be told and not simultaneous fights that will tell few or nothing about them. Loki is an oldman, fine, but a lackey? Kamachi's other series, Waltraute, had a cool and manipulative Loki.

I know I'm judging spoilers but unlike the first fake spoilers, they're not firing me up as I've been on some of the previews volumes(NT3 was meh, NT1 and 4 were interesting, NT5-6 was okay I think).

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-09-06 at 17:27.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:17   Link #514
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:

Adding on... for anyone complaining about the fake spoiler. If it ends up to really be true that the fake spoiler was fake then stop mentioning it. It isn't real. So stop complaining that in your opinion Fanfiction > Kamachi, because that's stupid. Kamachi has done well writing every other volume by himself. I think he's fine writing this one now.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:30   Link #515
ACertainStark
Hyperactive Cyber Girl

Ahhh I wish the spoilers didn't exist sometimes.
Old 2013-09-06, 17:32   Link #516
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Ahhh I wish the spoilers didn't exist sometimes.
I wish that too, sometimes are downs ;_;
Old 2013-09-06, 17:34   Link #517
Acer
Death to the infidels!

reading the NT vol 5, I found this part of Touma about Othinus interesting.

Quote:
Kamijou Touma looked down at his right hand.

Othinus was trying to modify her own possibilities to do away with the constant 50% odds, but was it possible she could do so without the Gungnir spiritual item?

For example…

By using Imagine Breaker.

That right hand could negate all forms of magic, so in terms of possibility, it could be said to be fixed at 0%. It would be heading in the opposite direction of Othinus who wanted greater power with 100% possibility, but surely there was a way of making use of the exact opposite.

For example, what if the path one chose was always wrong?

Then couldn’t you always head down the correct path by always choosing the opposite of that path?

If you knew you would always fail, there were plenty of ways to use that. The Magic God Othinus was bound by the completely balanced odds of 50%. Those results could not be consistently used in the same way. That was why she remained stagnant.

If the helm could be turned sharply in the direction of either success or failure, she could actually do something with it.

And so…

Wouldn’t that right hand be of value to GREMLIN?
Will the Kamachi already planned to use the failure to ensure the success of the spear? I think that part helps lighten a little the ideas that spoiler gave .
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:37   Link #518
ACertainStark
Hyperactive Cyber Girl

Quote:
I wish that too, sometimes are downs ;_;
Indeed....
Old 2013-09-06, 17:42   Link #519
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:

Can't average magicians do that? Even Styil made a hole in a plane, they even have spells to make flying mages fall.

At least previous situations were hopeless, thats why I mentioned Acqua and Fiamma.
I'm talking about the sheer fact that the dragon ripped the plane in two, not about making people fall

And she call literally summon monsters so fast that

---Touma negates Freyja’s monsters with IB, but she can create them too fast for him to keep up. She creates a giant boar that charges at him. He tries to negate it, but is blown away by the wind it creates----

---Freyja calls in Nidhogg Vol.2 which had been hidden in the train the entire time
Touma almost falls from the train, but Mikoto saves him---

although of course not as hopeless as Acqua or Fiamma, but she wasn't easy enough for him to handle alone

Quote:
And? It just had more room to speculate some nice theories. It also feels the fights had more space to be told and not simultaneous fights that will tell few or nothing about them. Loki is an oldman, fine, but a lackey? Kamachi's other series, Waltraute, had a cool and manipulative Loki.
We were literally talking about Othinus' power, what she looks like and what exactly happened when everything went black
of course the world didn't actually end but it's still a wonder about what will actually happen.

and all we got from Loki was

----An old man calling himself Loki appears and says he had predicted there was a traitor among them, used a spell called Víđópnir’s Territory, and put fall information into Marian’s memo pad---

we really can't say much about him yet

although yeah there are too many fights happening like it's Bleach

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:44   Link #520
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...

I hoped for antagonists as good or better than those 2, I guess thats the best Kamachi could bring to us. At least I have Laura and Aleister.

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus