AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 6 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 36.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-07, 04:12   Link #21
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ok, I caved. This case is just too weird
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:12   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
It's a shame they killed Mukuro off after just one episode, but something just doesn't seem right when looking at her corpse. I would give my thoughts about some observations I made (as a first time viewer), but to avoid getting into trouble again later, I will just say I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what the remaining students managed to uncover in the next classroom trial.
I will not lie. I -love- subversions. I love the sensation of expecting something, and then having something completely different happen. Here, the mysterious sixteenth student being foreshadowed as a major endgame player, a dangerous individual, the mastermind's trump card, or possibly the mastermind themselves.

...And during their debut episode, they show up as a corpse. Or not.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:25   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Twins. Kirigiri wears glove to hide the crest on the back of her hand. So it really was her who was murdered. And the one we saw at the end was the 16th students.

Reason: we're kinda running out of suspects. Plus, we never saw the face under the mask.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:50   Link #24
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
To add some oil to the fire:

Spoiler for Some CUT/CHANGED Kirigiri content throughout the school life:


I might add some other stuff after discussing it with the other game players, unsure of its chronological appearance.

Edit:
I had to correct one of my statements. The one in question is now crossed and the correct information written bold.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-09-07 at 15:31. Reason: correcting information
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:30   Link #25
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
One clarification of the episode. The shutters Kirigiri is shown opening leads to the 2nd floor of the dormitories. There is no 6th floor in the school.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:02   Link #26
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When I noticed Kirigiri in the ED, I honestly thought for a second that she might really be dead. My heart sank a bit. I was relieved when I noticed that other non-Makoto living students (like Togami) was also in the ED.

I've come to like Kirigiri a lot over the course of this anime. There's just something strangely cool and endearing about how she's the constant picture of cool, calm, and collected. Nothing seems to phase her. It gives the Makoto/Kirigiri relationship a bit of a different feeling. It's clear that they like and care about each other, but there's such a formality to it all that I can sort of vicariously feel unease on Makoto's part. I mean, he's basically a normal kid with normal amounts of emotionality while she's consistently cool as a cucumber.

When Togami or others make negative statements about Kirigiri, I can feel Makoto wanting to leap to her defense, but he not knowing quite what to say because even he knows her only a little bit better than the other students do.


Well, in any event, some very interesting twists and turns in this episode. I agree with jeroz that this is a really weird case. The (presumed?) victim is somebody we don't even know, really, and even most of the remaining cast members didn't know her. That certainly rounds down the list of possible suspects, but given who it leaves...

Anyway, a very engaging and engrossing episode. I'm definitely looking forward to the three remaining episodes.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-09-07 at 11:13.
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:10   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Kirigiri actually has one thing she gets visibly emotional about, although the anime skipped over most of it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:16   Link #28
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Kirigiri actually has one thing she gets visibly emotional about, although the anime skipped over most of it.
Oh yeah... the reveal about the school principal a few episodes back. She did seem to get a bit excited there. That is pretty notable given how she rarely gets emotional. I wonder if she's personally connected to the school principal in some way? Perhaps a relative of hers?

Just wild speculations, I'll admit.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:21   Link #29
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Twins. Kirigiri wears glove to hide the crest on the back of her hand. So it really was her who was murdered. And the one we saw at the end was the 16th students.

Reason: we're kinda running out of suspects. Plus, we never saw the face under the mask.
I really hope you're wrong, but I can so see how that would go at the trial. Mukuro initially takes Kirigiri's spot, but after sufficient accusations adopts a trollish smile and moves her head enough that the others can see Kirigiri's crossed-out picture behind her.

Though if that happened, Mukuro would still just be a bit player. She'd obviously be the murderer and have to get executed. Still seems like a waste for her.
__________________
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:45   Link #30
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Then what about Monokuma? How does Kirigiri or whoever control it at all times? If a student is behind Monokuma, any slip up thus far for you to tell its true gender?
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:26   Link #31
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
If it was being marketed as "a reality show of despair" this whole time, you would think that some kind of waiver or pre-clearance form would have been signed prior to enrollment at Hope's Peak, with or without the knowledge of the student, that wouldn't make the school liable for what was going on inside.

It's a shame they killed Mukuro off after just one episode, but something just doesn't seem right when looking at her corpse. I would give my thoughts about some observations I made (as a first time viewer), but to avoid getting into trouble again later, I will just say I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what the remaining students managed to uncover in the next classroom trial.
It's not as simple as entertainment, if that were the case than the deaths and executions that happened until now would be totally unacceptable. It's safe to say that this broadcast that Monokuma had been doing had been in the works behind the scenes without the school being unknowingly involved. I mean, why would a school that symbolizes "hope" would want to sentence their students to death with cruel and illogical intentions. It sort of defeats the "hope" aspect, but unless the school board and headmaster are cruel and antagonist, than we can take that into retrospect, but the whole two year thing Monokuma mentions sort of erased my doubts on that matter.

I'm glad I wasn't the only thinking that. It sucks they killed an essential importance character, but when I saw her corpse I had an epiphany of sorts. I'm going to check the first 3-4 episodes again, just to clarify my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I will not lie. I -love- subversions. I love the sensation of expecting something, and then having something completely different happen. Here, the mysterious sixteenth student being foreshadowed as a major endgame player, a dangerous individual, the mastermind's trump card, or possibly the mastermind themselves.

...And during their debut episode, they show up as a corpse. Or not.
That's what I found to be really disappointing since it's safe to say that she's an essentially importance characters as she's linked to Monokuma, the school, and the whole Mankind Malefaction in some way.

To suddenly kill her off without so much as getting a clarification of her goals and plans is like ie. Making a cool and important main or side character from a first season of a show or whatever and killing him off just for the shock and twist value. Bad analogy, I know, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Then what about Monokuma? How does Kirigiri or whoever control it at all times? If a student is behind Monokuma, any slip up thus far for you to tell its true gender?
It's apparent that Monokuma can't monitor and go into the act at the same time. When Makoto distracted him so that Kirigiri can access the second floor dormitory pretty much proves that point. Also she tested that theory last episode when she called out Makoto to the Data Processing Room only to show up moments later.

Also there's that weird Monokuma door in the said room used to monitor the students, but the said bear wasn't there when the door was opened. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:59   Link #32
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The story moves to 5th floor.
Things are getting more interesting.
I just can't see how they're gonna end this in the next 3 episodes.
There are still too many people left..
Unless they're gonna figure out the way out and escape.
Think this anime needs more episodes.
Wtf?! This is just a reality TV show??
This anime just got more confusing...
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:25   Link #33
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
I'm tempted to marathon everything up to this part..

this episode got me really really confused, mostly because of monobear telling everyone that it has been 2 years, also that sequence when naegi was in his room, and the revelation that this is a reality TV show.

we already know that there's a sort of time gap between the time they set foot inside, and monobear did something to their bodies according to sakura.

ugh I just can't form a coherent theory about all these.

also, I think everyone's dead, for some reason.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 17:06   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Ok some more Anime-Game differences - spoiler free here

Spoiler for Game/Anime difference:


Also something regarding mysteries in general:
Please remember that this is a mystery. Things characters claim have happened and things that actually happened can be entirely different.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 17:24   Link #35
Makino13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
There are 2 things bothering me about Ikusaba's body, one, her hand has a weird kind of tattoo-mark, also it seemed to me she was wearing red fake nails... and two, the lab jacket or whatever she was wearing was over her body, not on her as in wearing... overall this case is just too confusing, if they are going to have a classroom trial that means someone from them killed her, right? @-@
Makino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 17:55   Link #36
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Oh yeah... the reveal about the school principal a few episodes back. She did seem to get a bit excited there. That is pretty notable given how she rarely gets emotional. I wonder if she's personally connected to the school principal in some way? Perhaps a relative of hers?

Just wild speculations, I'll admit.
Actually, I was talking about her trust issues.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 19:48   Link #37
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Memphis/Nashville, TN
Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makino13 View Post
There are 2 things bothering me about Ikusaba's body, one, her hand has a weird kind of tattoo-mark, also it seemed to me she was wearing red fake nails... and two, the lab jacket or whatever she was wearing was over her body, not on her as in wearing... overall this case is just too confusing, if they are going to have a classroom trial that means someone from them killed her, right? @-@
I think I have a hunch about who that person might really be, but I'd rather not discuss it here and just save it for next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Twins. Kirigiri wears glove to hide the crest on the back of her hand. So it really was her who was murdered. And the one we saw at the end was the 16th students.

Reason: we're kinda running out of suspects. Plus, we never saw the face under the mask.
It's not out of the question what the reasoning might be for Kirigiri keeping her gloves on at all times. Could one of her hands have a mark or a crest on it? We don't know the answer yet, and still wouldn't explain the long red fingernails on the corpse's hand, as Makino pointed out.

There is also the question about what Naegi witnessed while he was sleeping. In the first part, the mysterious masked person was by his bedside with a knife in her hand. When he woke up again, Kirigiri appeared, but Naegi couldn't make out what she was saying during that conversation.

Right now, it's safe to say that Kirigiri is the least trusted among the remaining students at this point. Even if amnesia could be used as an argument, which Togami declared was not an acceptable excuse, there is a lot of explaining she will have to do in the classroom trial.
__________________

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 20:16   Link #38
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The story moves to 5th floor.
Things are getting more interesting.
I just can't see how they're gonna end this in the next 3 episodes.
There are still too many people left..
Unless they're gonna figure out the way out and escape.
Think this anime needs more episodes.
Wtf?! This is just a reality TV show??
This anime just got more confusing...
Why do you think are there too many people? If they reduce the cast much further than this, there won't be enough suspects for the mystery portion to be satisfying. And don't forget that there's a way to kill most of the cast at once; the final murderer could end up getting away with it.

And it probably isn't appropriate to call it "just" a reality TV show, since people are dying for it. Though I wonder... If they have lost their memories of a large period of time, what kind of people were they just before they lost their memories? If they bore witness to the Big Bad Despair Event, could it have had enough of an impact on them that they would willingly sign up for what's happening to them? More information is needed.

EDIT: On a hunch, I just rewatched an earlier episode.

Spoiler for Regarding the corpse:
__________________

Last edited by Sute443; 2013-09-07 at 20:44. Reason: Don't want to double post
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 05:06   Link #39
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Why do you think are there too many people? If they reduce the cast much further than this, there won't be enough suspects for the mystery portion to be satisfying. And don't forget that there's a way to kill most of the cast at once; the final murderer could end up getting away with it.

And it probably isn't appropriate to call it "just" a reality TV show, since people are dying for it. Though I wonder... If they have lost their memories of a large period of time, what kind of people were they just before they lost their memories? If they bore witness to the Big Bad Despair Event, could it have had enough of an impact on them that they would willingly sign up for what's happening to them? More information is needed.

EDIT: On a hunch, I just rewatched an earlier episode.

Spoiler for Regarding the corpse:
Spoiler for Regarding the corpse:


In that case.... maybe she was alive when they found the "corpse" and then the accidental killer would actually be... fukawa?
GreyZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 07:01   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
She did have a corpse found announcement though. It happened when they were in the data processing room, after Monokuma left.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.