AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-22, 16:49   Link #661
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
You watch the dubbed version?

I can see where this is heading so I'll back out now before anymore flames are produced

Anyway I don't see what's so wrong with the NA dub, "oh the Japanese dub is superior" if that's the case then you shouldn't be reading any translations aside from the original Japanese raw.
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.

Last edited by Mateus; 2012-08-27 at 23:23.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 21:03   Link #662
isamu99
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Never seen this show before but heard good things about it. Can anyone clarify what genre show Bleach is? Drama? Action? Comedy? Romance? Is it similar to Dragon Ball or more like Cowboy Bebop?
isamu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 21:51   Link #663
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
Never seen this show before but heard good things about it. Can anyone clarify what genre show Bleach is? Drama? Action? Comedy? Romance? Is it similar to Dragon Ball or more like Cowboy Bebop?
just Shonen
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:22   Link #664
Hidfe
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
just Shonen
Shonen is not a genre. It is a demograhic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
Never seen this show before but heard good things about it. Can anyone clarify what genre show Bleach is? Drama? Action? Comedy? Romance? Is it similar to Dragon Ball or more like Cowboy Bebop?
It is mainly action, there is a little comedy and drama in it, especially at the beginning and is much closer to Dragon Ball than Cowboy Bebop.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:21   Link #665
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I can see where this is heading so I'll back out now before anymore flames are produced

Anyway I don't see what's so wrong with the NA dub, "oh the Japanese dub is superior" if that's the case then you shouldn't be reading any translations aside from the original Japanese raw.
i've seen both versions. imho, the japanese voice actors are far superior and better suited to the characters. some of the english ones are decent, but about half of them sound silly to me.

disclaimer: i'm not anti-english voice casts. i think FMA was spot on for example. point being, i recommend trying the japanese version of bleach
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 18:20   Link #666
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Shonen is not a genre. It is a demograhic.



It is mainly action, there is a little comedy and drama in it, especially at the beginning and is much closer to Dragon Ball than Cowboy Bebop.
ok sorry bleach is action, adventure, humor, supernatural
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 20:23   Link #667
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
The main cast VAs (Ichigo, Rukia, Nakama) are all well cast.

I stopped watching the dub though around the TBTP arc. I couldn't take Viz's butchering anymore.
__________________
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 06:22   Link #668
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I stopped watching the dub though around the TBTP arc. I couldn't take Viz's butchering anymore.
yea sometimes it gets unbearable. this makes me remember how TBTP was such solid writing. if only bleach had kept that up it wouldn't have been canceled
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:40   Link #669
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Paris, France ~♪
Age: 32
Hello AS fellows!! It's been a long time I know ^^;

I've just wanted to post that here (Mr. Kudo, the character designer for the Bleach anime, came to Paris a few days ago, and my friend and I got the chance to greet him ^^)



I hope you're all doing well!!

See you later~
__________________
Let the good times roll!
Hellychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:22   Link #670
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
^ That's pretty sweet!
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 12:21   Link #671
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Anyway I don't see what's so wrong with the NA dub, "oh the Japanese dub is superior" if that's the case then you shouldn't be reading any translations aside from the original Japanese raw.
You're trying to compare voice acting to reading...not the smartest example.

Look, it's simple. Japan's voice acting pool is pretty damn superior compared to North America and the rest of the world and is a legit profession which they actually have schools for.

While we do have some damn good voice actors like Steve Blum, Tara Strong, Kevin Conroy, Tim Daily, John DiMaggio, Mark Hamill, and Billy West, the sample pool just doesn't match up even when we have people like DiMaggio who have insane voice range.

*steps off soap box*

Anyhow, I did feel let down by the voice acting in Bleach because imo, they lacked emotion and the correct tone.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:28   Link #672
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
^ Agreed. By and large, the quality of the voice acting is inferior in English dubs of anime because the studio tries to do these things on a limited budget. The only time I have ever actually preferred the quality of the English VA to the Japanese VAs was with Full Metal Panic! The "big ones" - Bleach, Naruto, Sailor Moon, Death Note, etc. might have a couple good characters but by and large the voices lack the emotion and correct tone that Mr. DJ mentions above. And in some cases, they are almost unbearably annoying - see: young Naruto, Sailor Moon, and Kagome (from Inuyasha). It's a shame, because it really does ruin the characters.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 07:13   Link #673
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
being the Kenpachi fanboy that I am...they committed a sin w/ his English dub VA <_<
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 17:04   Link #674
Sakuranbo
Kitsune Spy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foxglove
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
You're trying to compare voice acting to reading...not the smartest example.

Look, it's simple. Japan's voice acting pool is pretty damn superior compared to North America and the rest of the world and is a legit profession which they actually have schools for.

While we do have some damn good voice actors like Steve Blum, Tara Strong, Kevin Conroy, Tim Daily, John DiMaggio, Mark Hamill, and Billy West, the sample pool just doesn't match up even when we have people like DiMaggio who have insane voice range.

*steps off soap box*

Anyhow, I did feel let down by the voice acting in Bleach because imo, they lacked emotion and the correct tone.
I don't like watching anime online (the streaming on my computer takes forever) so I watch whatever anime is available through my television be it dubbed in English or simply subbed (that and I don't have a ton of money at my disposal to run out and buy all of the dvds). I don't think it's cool to shit on others because they watch dubbed anime, I know everyone has their own opinions on these things but I think it's rude to try and make someone feel dumb or uncool because they like something different than you or share a different opinion like; "we're so cool that we watch the original Japanese format!" Do you have any help by way of subtitles or have you mastered Japanese to the extent that you can understand it fluently?

EDIT: Just to clarify it's not a matter of "you're wrong, I'm right"/"it's fact/fiction" it's a matter of convenience and finance, and I think there are plenty of bad VAs who couldn't hold a candle to many of the seiyu out there (the Naruto dub is awful imo) I just don't think it's right to dismiss someone because that's what they choose to watch.

Last edited by Sakuranbo; 2013-10-18 at 17:43.
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 20:12   Link #675
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Um...nobody is being dismissive. One guy can't take a joke, jumps the shark and tries to compare voice acting to reading.

They. Do. Not. Compare.

Also, holy crap, just noticed how old that post is.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 22:47   Link #676
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
actually, it's much better for me to read the english version. the japanese version reads like crap in my opinion. mainly because i only understand bits and pieces, but that's beside the point

also, thanks for saying 'jump the shark'. that's one of the funniest expressions and it's not said often enough
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 05:48   Link #677
bigdeal000
malefic
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nowhere, because I don't exist
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
I don't like watching anime online (the streaming on my computer takes forever) so I watch whatever anime is available through my television be it dubbed in English or simply subbed (that and I don't have a ton of money at my disposal to run out and buy all of the dvds). I don't think it's cool to shit on others because they watch dubbed anime, I know everyone has their own opinions on these things but I think it's rude to try and make someone feel dumb or uncool because they like something different than you or share a different opinion like; "we're so cool that we watch the original Japanese format!" Do you have any help by way of subtitles or have you mastered Japanese to the extent that you can understand it fluently?

EDIT: Just to clarify it's not a matter of "you're wrong, I'm right"/"it's fact/fiction" it's a matter of convenience and finance, and I think there are plenty of bad VAs who couldn't hold a candle to many of the seiyu out there (the Naruto dub is awful imo) I just don't think it's right to dismiss someone because that's what they choose to watch.
We're all using subtitles, except for those that know japanese (and those aren't that many). Also, after years of watching with subtitles, I now undestand a lot of things even without them, because the japanese used in anime is basic most of the time, and they also talk slower. I saw real japanese talking and they talk faster than what you hear in anime, I dunno why they do this.
__________________
BORK NO CARE
YOU NEAR BORK YOU GET INJURED BORK SMASH BORK KILL
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:44   Link #678
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Are they ever going to bring back the anime to Bleach? There has to be more than enough chapters to resume the series. The fill-in episodes are the reason why the series got cancelled in the first place.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 16:46   Link #679
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'd say if there's any possibility of Bleach coming back, it'll be after the manga has finished. As much as it pains me to say it, I think a number of fans got turned off to the series for reasons that had nothing to do with filler. Because ratings were already terribly bad even during the final episodes that concluded the entire arrancar saga. So if those episodes (that took years to build up to) couldn't even bring in decent ratings, then I think it was made clear to the powers that be that interest in the anime died down too much. The fillers couldn't have been the main issue. I mean Naruto was probably the very worst offender of using and abusing filler. And not even almost 100 consecutive episodes of filler were able to get that anime cancelled. In hindsight and by comparison, Bleach's fillers were actually kind of cool at points. Hell, sometimes Bleach filler was far more interesting than the manga. That's when we knew Bleach's main plot started hitting all-time lows.

Anyways, my hope is that if this final arc is given a positive reception by fans, then the anime team will be given the greenlight to animate the rest of the series. Assuming the pace is improved and no fillers are added, I think seeing the final arc animated has the potential to be far more enjoyable than keeping up with the manga every week.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:49   Link #680
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'd say if there's any possibility of Bleach coming back, it'll be after the manga has finished. As much as it pains me to say it, I think a number of fans got turned off to the series for reasons that had nothing to do with filler. Because ratings were already terribly bad even during the final episodes that concluded the entire arrancar saga. So if those episodes (that took years to build up to) couldn't even bring in decent ratings, then I think it was made clear to the powers that be that interest in the anime died down too much. The fillers couldn't have been the main issue. I mean Naruto was probably the very worst offender of using and abusing filler. And not even almost 100 consecutive episodes of filler were able to get that anime cancelled. In hindsight and by comparison, Bleach's fillers were actually kind of cool at points. Hell, sometimes Bleach filler was far more interesting than the manga. That's when we knew Bleach's main plot started hitting all-time lows.
yea, i liked most of the filler (sans lurichiyo). it was the FKT arc and the Fullbring arc that sucked so bad it got the show cancelled. All those awful fraccion members, fighting in a bland sky background for years, the espada all failing miserably, and don't get me started on the shitbringers. I liked the end of the arrancar saga a lot, but it can't outweigh years of trash.

Quote:
Anyways, my hope is that if this final arc is given a positive reception by fans, then the anime team will be given the greenlight to animate the rest of the series. Assuming the pace is improved and no fillers are added, I think seeing the final arc animated has the potential to be far more enjoyable than keeping up with the manga every week.
me too. i think it could be really awesome as a 64 episode run of a fast-paced story. possibly the best bleach arc ever if there's no crap filler timewasting nonsense
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.