AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 19:09   Link #101
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Fujiwara Keiji talked a lot in this episode, did something else happen?

Isaac is the best. An entire horde of demons is coming at them, and he's all "OMG THIS IS SO COOL! *o*)" Also, Camio should just win the election already, clearly he's a lot more competent than the other two combined.

As for the preview, so they'll do that story in one episode, not two... oh well, at least we won't have to wait to hear poor Eguchi trying to speak in Latin. XD;; (I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that part...)

What do you mean?! Isaac is always the best. xD I watch this show purely for Isaac and Sytry in dresses. Ok ok, I watch it for the story as well.

It's funny the stuff they give away/spoil, and then forget to mention.

Spoiler:
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 06:43   Link #102
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Spoiler:
I think that was the same in the manga, or wasn't it? ^^;; Unless I missed something so far even the manga hasn't gotten around showing Dantalion's background and why he is so powerful.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 09:13   Link #103
Cloudedmind

Quote:
I think that was the same in the manga, or wasn't it? ^^;; Unless I missed something so far even the manga hasn't gotten around showing Dantalion's background and why he is so powerful.
I went back to do a double check but it's in chapter 20 page 10.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-25, 13:42   Link #104
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:58   Link #105
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Not commenting on the latest episode because it pretty much went how it was supposed to go (except with less Latin, which was a wise idea), but...

only 44 more followers and they do the nikunama event.

Wtf! XDDDD Come on, 44 people!!

ETA:
AAANNND 30k, complete!!

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-08-29 at 11:13.
Old 2013-09-01, 14:13   Link #106
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

Old 2013-09-01, 17:10   Link #107
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

They'll do the goat vs sheep fight!!!

That's all I really wanted. <3
Old 2013-09-08, 13:48   Link #108
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2013-09-08, 14:16   Link #109
ookamigirl

And here it is - cultural festival.
Dantalion vs Sytry competition.
It was actually kinda childish...
William still outsmarted both of them LOL
Fun episode even though the plot took a break.

Old 2013-09-08, 18:41   Link #110
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 10:
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the four demon kings and the small spat between Balberith and Beelzebub about crappy human food, but this was the best way to kill two birds with one stone, and it was entertaining to watch.
Old 2013-09-11, 04:52   Link #111
Ghostfriendly

I haven't been watching this show before now since I expected it to show demons as somewhat good and God/angels as pretty much bad. It's done that, but in a way with some interest to it. For example the demons see 'ecstasy' as comprehensive brainwashing. Since they can't understand love or self-sacrifice, this may be how demons would really see the new birth in the Holy Spirit, which allows humans to give up sin and follow God joyfully.

Solomon's speech in ep 9 is absolutely true of self-willed humans like himself (they always sin and enjoy sin, no matter how much they might be punished); it just doesn't mention that humans can accept God's help through the Holy Spirit. They can submit to obeying him, instead of being enslaved by base desires.

Finally, Archangel Michael seems a rather vain and malicious character from what I've seen. Somewhat like a God who punishes human's eternally for not worshipping him with all their hearts (though the only way to avoid at least trying to love God with everything is to deliberated shut Him out and not love him at all). These qualities of God can be glossed over to make him easier to love. But the truth is that in God's position of the gold standard of universal justice, it is not only justified but necessary for Him to enforce complete devotion. In a chaotic universe there would be no heaven, no humans, no anything. It even benefits humans more than anything else to worship God, by bringing them into line with His perfect righteousness and happiness. And the bible in quite clear that God doesn't enjoy condemning people, like Michael seems to, but only longs to them to return to Him. Anyone feeling any reaction to all this should look into it, and confirm that it's true.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 05:45   Link #112
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

Old 2013-09-16, 05:56   Link #113
Bern-san

It's so funny how badly animated this show is Don't know how to feel that Jeanne's "fight" looked better than Solomon using his powers.
It still manages to be somewhat entertaining, I'll give them that. They could have showed the other angels in those Michael-Uriel because it gives the impression that they're the only ones in Heaven...

By the way, did they say when the 30k event is going to be? I'm still waiting for it
Old 2013-09-16, 08:25   Link #114
LKK

The animation (never the series' strong point at any time) didn't just go downhill during episode 11, it jumped off a cliff with full abandon.

Setting the poor animation aside, episode 11 was actually the most engaging to date. Solomon's magical powers and his personality were not at all what I expecting. I didn't expect Solomon to have any magical powers to be honest. And certainly not at that level. Personality-wise, Solomon is a much colder person than William. Up until now, when William protested that he wasn't Solomon, I assumed that he simply didn't understand. But having seen Solomon now, I agree with him. William isn't Solomon. There are two very different people inhabiting that one body. I hope Solomon goes back to sleep allowing William's personality to be the dominant one again.

Last comment. The final line of the episode made me gasp. Dantalion clearly treasures the memories of his time with Solomon. For Dantalion to hear those words from Solomon, he must have felt like he'd been run through with a sword.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:07   Link #115
VTHokiePride

Isn't Dantalion the first pillar? Shouldn't Solomon remember him though?
Old 2013-09-16, 16:46   Link #116
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
By the way, did they say when the 30k event is going to be? I'm still waiting for it
Now that you mention, I don't think they announced it yet... Perhaps they thought there was no way they could do it anyway, so now they're going "omg guys how are we going to do this?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The animation (never the series' strong point at any time) didn't just go downhill during episode 11, it jumped off a cliff with full abandon.
Perhaps they thought "hey, we have virtually no animation budget, the show is gonna look like crap anyway, so let's just spend the money on seiyuu and events!" Wise choice. XD;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Isn't Dantalion the first pillar? Shouldn't Solomon remember him though?
Ah, but where would be the melodrama in that?
Old 2013-09-16, 17:02   Link #117
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Ah, but where would be the melodrama in that?
Judging by the preview, I guess the next episode is going to elaborate on it briefly.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:48   Link #118
Bern-san

Quote:
Now that you mention, I don't think they announced it yet... Perhaps they thought there was no way they could do it anyway, so now they're going "omg guys how are we going to do this?!"
Who would have thought that they could reach it? They had like a bit more than 10k when they said it

The power of the seiyuu!
Old 2013-09-22, 14:40   Link #119
ookamigirl

#12 Final

Spoiler for plot:

Old 2013-09-22, 15:35   Link #120
zamas

Finally over. I never thought I would enjoy the serie that much. Before starting it had a feeling of shonen-ai which is not my thing.
But in the end I was wrong. I really enjoyed it. It was fun to watch. Also Sytry was cute, especially in that dress during the festival.

In overall I really liked the chara design. Baphomet looked so great in his human form. I want the same hat. And the same cooking skills too if possible . And Astaroth was charming to say the least. I'm ready to make a contract with her whenever she want.

The last few episode were also quite nice. Nice surprise with Solomon personnality. Maybe I'll begin the manga now.
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote