AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-12, 00:59   Link #1
isamu99

Heartbroken over what's happened to the Berserk franchise :(

The first time I watched Berserk was way back in 1999 shortly after Oriental Light and Magic studios adapted the story into an anime and was released stateside on dvd by AnimeWorks. I was totally blown the FUCK away by the series and couldn't believe how good it was.

Since then, I have waited very patiently for a continuation of the original TV series, with the hope of Oriental Light and Magic doing a direct follow up to the events of the 'Golden Age' arc. Sadly, this never happened and instead we've been introduced to three shitty CGI-esque movies that do neither the Manga or the Anime justice.

I cannot express how painfully depressing it has been waiting for SOMETHING positive to happen with regards to a new TV series. How hard can it be for OLM or whoever is in charge of the anime property, to simply greenlight a new 25-50 episode TV series project directly following the Golden Age arc?

Has anyone heard ANYTHING? Not even rumors? This is something I'm desperately hoping for! And please don't recommend reading the manga. I don't read manga. Nothing against manga readers but it's just not my cup of tea. I get stimulated by watching anime, not by reading pages in a book(or onscreen by today's standards).

Man, it just breaks my heart knowing it's been 15 years and still, no Berserk TV series.

R.I.P Berserk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gehVV82SX6o
Old 2013-09-12, 01:56   Link #2
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I loved the original beserk the characters and story were awesome, the battles were insane............then they introduced demons and ruined it all for me
Old 2013-09-12, 03:52   Link #3
brocko

Use the search function. There are Berserk threads that you should've instead posted in. And fyi, they are planning on adapting the rest of the manga as a series of movies. No announcements yet, but they do intend to. The first three Golden Age films were to reboot interest and get the film series rolling.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-09-12, 07:33   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
I loved the original beserk the characters and story were awesome, the battles were insane............then they introduced demons and ruined it all for me
...... Huh? But Guts was fighting demons (disciples) since the very first chapter ever written?
Or are you like anime-only watcher who has this misunderstanding that the Golden Era arc preceded the Black Swordsman storyline?

If so, you have your facts completely backwards, bro.
Old 2013-09-12, 10:29   Link #5
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know there's a couple of movies right?
Old 2013-09-12, 10:50   Link #6
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

wait wait wait!! are you telling me guts was killing monsters as the black swordsman BEFORE he joined the hawks!!??

why did he look so freaked out when zard.....zord.....i cant remember his name showed up then
Old 2013-09-12, 11:03   Link #7
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
wait wait wait!! are you telling me guts was killing monsters as the black swordsman BEFORE he joined the hawks!!??

why did he look so freaked out when zard.....zord.....i cant remember his name showed up then
Demons, Apostles, God's Hand ARE part of the Berserk Universe, like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
You know there's a couple of movies right?
OP said something like they are terribad. And he won't read the manga ever.
Old 2013-09-12, 11:23   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Not in-world chronologically, but published, yes.
The "hawk" era is a FLASHBACK ARC.
The manga (therefore the entire franchise) Berserk STARTED OUT as Black Knight arc, killing demons and monsters.

After three volumes of that, the manga went into the Golden Era arc (Guts' youth and the hawk era) for about ten volumes, and then returned to continue the Black Knight arc.
Old 2013-09-12, 11:28   Link #9
Archaeon

Berserk manga went down hill after the flashback/Golden Age arc.

To make thing worse,the manga release is extremely slow and Kentaro Miura is not getting younger and he might even die before he even manage to finish half of the manga.

I pretty much give up on him and Berserk long time ago. Time to move on.
Old 2013-09-12, 14:14   Link #10
isamu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
OP said something like they are terribad. And he won't read the manga ever.
Yeah, I've heard from people that the new Berserk movies are the true definition of 100% concentrated horse shit. That they're bad to the point of justifyingly disowning them or not even acknowledging their existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not in-world chronologically, but published, yes.
The "hawk" era is a FLASHBACK ARC.
The manga (therefore the entire franchise) Berserk STARTED OUT as Black Knight arc, killing demons and monsters.

After three volumes of that, the manga went into the Golden Era arc (Guts' youth and the hawk era) for about ten volumes, and then returned to continue the Black Knight arc.
I was unaware of this(well, not surprisingly since I haven't read the manga) but find these facts quite interesting. Good lookin' on clarifying the background story bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
To make thing worse,the manga release is extremely slow and Kentaro Miura is not getting younger and he might even die before he even manage to finish half of the manga.
I suspect this is the reason they have been in no hurry to continue the story in anime form all these years. Quite sad that the manga is only what...did you say half way done? Incredible.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:35   Link #11
Eragon
I got you babe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
Yeah, I've heard from people that the new Berserk movies are the true definition of 100% concentrated horse shit. That they're bad to the point of justifyingly disowning them or not even acknowledging their existence.
So, you haven't actually seen them ?
Old 2013-09-12, 15:41   Link #12
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

CGI is bad at times, but I didn't see any real game breaking issues with the Berserk movies.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:47   Link #13
Eragon
I got you babe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
CGI is bad at times, but I didn't see any real game breaking issues with the Berserk movies.
I didn't either. Movie format is obviously going to gloss over more details than the anime version but, they still put in enough to not make the plot and characters gibberish.

I absolutely don't get the hate for it (assuming it gets as much as the OP states.)
Old 2013-09-12, 16:56   Link #14
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So Miura is the GRR Martin of anime....
Old 2013-09-12, 20:19   Link #15
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu99 View Post
Yeah, I've heard from people that the new Berserk movies are the true definition of 100% concentrated horse shit.
Which IS wrong. The CGI gets hilariously distracting at time BUT it don't kill what matters the most, the story and the characterization. If you are willing to overlook the flawed CGI, you still have the same gripping Band of the Hawk arc with an even more disturbing Eclipse.
Quote:
That they're bad to the point of justifyingly disowning them or not even acknowledging their existence.
Yes, the same kind of people who mourns the use of CGI in anime and think we should all go back to full hand drawn a la Redline without knowing that the staff either have to take TIME AND MONEY for less release, or make it look good but with much less actual animation (sliding shots and stills) or simplify the design for better animation at the risk of hardline manga fans crying murder.
Old 2013-09-12, 21:13   Link #16
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I pretty much give up on him and Berserk long time ago. Time to move on.
A wise policy.

Berserk moves at a glacial pace. Enjoy what you've gotten, because you'll probably never see it finished.

Thread closed.