AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Old 2013-08-26, 08:51   Link #161
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
^
its non-canon so no need spoiler right?
well
Sonia Nevermind (Princess Sonia):
Sonia is made into a Snow White puppet by Monokuma. As the plot continues, Sonia ate the apple but did not wake up again. The story ends with a happy ending where Monokuma as Snow White's godmother lived happily ever after.
lol
Ah damn it's stepmother. Well not much difference. Disappointed with Komaeda's though, needs more flair to it. I wonder what expression did he have at the end.

Also I believe Naegi's execution mentioned here is for the sequel, maybe he got executed somehow. Poor guy, not any improvement over Detention.

There are official executions for the victims and survivors of the first one. I could post them in the other thread if you guys don't know about them. Sadly none is as good as Leon's except maybe Togami's.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 09:04   Link #162
hamazura
Huskar is for NOOBS

all dr1 execution written in dr wikia
Old 2013-08-26, 11:10   Link #163
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Well now, I'm not familiar with that song (I guess it's from an anime opening?), but that video was pretty cool. Still, I should warn anyone else interested in watching it that it contains SPOILERS APLENTY, which isn't really surprising at this point.....
Mirai Nikki OP
Old 2013-08-26, 16:04   Link #164
marvelB

^Yeah, someone else mentioned that not long after I made that post. Thanks for letting me know, though!

As far as those unused executions go..... well, they're interesting, no doubt. Hinata's strikes me as being the oddest out of them. But still, none for Nidai, Owari, or Saionji? I'm most interested in seeing how those three would be "punished" for their crimes.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 01:05   Link #165
Renchan
Nyaw~~ X3

Send a message via Skype™ to Renchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
(for instance, there were some pictures depicting Hajime turning into... a drink... or Kazuichi crashing down from a cliff in a train).
Those are (very well drawn) fanarts though.

I'm not sure what exactly happened in Hinata's execution... Did he die twice?

Spoiler for chapter 6:
Old 2013-08-27, 09:50   Link #166
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Those are (very well drawn) fanarts though.
I can't say if they are fanarts or not. I will have my artbooks copies next week, so I will see if it is any relevant or not.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 16:45   Link #167
Renchan
Nyaw~~ X3

Send a message via Skype™ to Renchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't say if they are fanarts or not. I will have my artbooks copies next week, so I will see if it is any relevant or not.
You are talking about these two, right?
Old 2013-08-27, 16:56   Link #168
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Well, since I found them randomly, I wasn't sure if these were fanarts or not as browsing pixiv is rather painstaking for specific arts.
But frankly, this artist managed capturing Komatsuzaki's style to scary degree.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:03   Link #169
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

That page in particular is completely fanon - it's from a doujinshi from the same artist linked above who is unbelievably good at emulating the official art style. S/he published an art book that features illustrations of execution ideas that fans came up with on their own, so they're not even prototype ideas or whatnot. The art book in question does feature fanart of the scrapped DGRP1 executions though - such as Maizono's idol performance resulting in a huge mantrap killing her, or Togami dying from the cold after getting stones thrown at him.

On a game-related note, the minigame I found the most frustrating happened to be logical dive. I am absolutely terrible at platformers and knowing when to jump on time, the two logical dives in chapter 6 almost drove me to despair lol.

Last edited by Defade; 2013-09-16 at 07:17.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 16:05   Link #170
Solitaired

Now that I have thought of it, could the weight of the giant block broke the hatch to the garbage dump, leaving parts of Junko's body in tact?

Well, then it could also mean that she might be alive haha
Old 2013-09-27, 18:34   Link #171
zetsubo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Now that I have thought of it, could the weight of the giant block broke the hatch to the garbage dump, leaving parts of Junko's body in tact?

Well, then it could also mean that she might be alive haha
As much as I would like Junko to be alive I don't see how she could be realistically as she was clearly squashed in detention and SHSL Despair implanted her body into their own. The only explaination I can find for that would be "that" Junko was a fake again. But then again this is Junko, she did survive having a firetruck land on her.
zetsubo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 00:59   Link #172
Rias

Wouldn't it be possible that the body parts actually belonged to Ikusaba Mukuro instead? Assuming Junko's body is completely destroyed after the execution, it's weird how the eye, arm, and uterus is fully intact - except that Mukuro's would be fine to a certain degree. Being the sister of Junko, her body is probably important enough to a certain degree.

The transplanted arm is the left arm, which doesn't have the Fenrir tattoo. Komaeda and Kamukura never directly referred to those item as Enoshima Junko's. Rather, they are referred to be from "that woman" and "Super high school despair", which Mukuro is part of.
Old 2013-09-30, 01:19   Link #173
Solitaired

Which brings another question. To recreate Alter Ego, the Future Foundation would have re-entered the school. He was lost in the school network after all and I doubt it can connect to the main Internet given the complete shutdown of the school. But SHSL Despair would have came back to the school as well to recollect Junko/Mukuro.

Which came first? And I doubt that the Future Foundation will not put on the effort to reconfirm the death of Enoshima Junko or explore the remnants of her project.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:54   Link #174
ellifeedn
Thinker

The paywall is up again, to anyone that cares.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 17:25   Link #175
marvelB

^Well, as I mentioned a few pages back, there's a tumblr mirror of Oren's LP that can be used as backup in case the paywall does go up again, so at least there won't be as much despair to spread around anymore.

Anyway, while we're on the subject of the LP, it should be noted that Oren recently started translating the second volume of DR Zero. So for anyone who wasn't caught up with that before through other means, that's something else to look forward to!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:29   Link #176
ellifeedn
Thinker

Yeah, you can use the tumblr. But the thread has the occasional interesting post, mostly fanart, but I think it's still worth checking out every now and then.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 04:54   Link #177
DiabloCthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
I personally prefers plot elements that came out of nowhere. This gives the plot twists more "wham" when you read it.
When plot elements and twists feels like that they came out of nowhere then that means that these elements/twists were badly foreshadowed and story is badly written. It doesn't' give them more "Wham!", it gives them "The hell is this came from?!" feeling.

Quote:
If you read the SDR2 thread here, some players can predict the major plot twists midway of the story. And it's bigger than the amnesia plot twist in the first game. That's a bad thing about the sequel, it's much easier to see what is going to happen ahead. Even myself was not shocked at all at some revelations given at the finale of SDR2.
It wasn't really much easier. It was easier, for sure, but not that much easier. Anyway, is it really a bad thing? I mean, that's just means that foreshadowing was good. So besides obviousness of the the third case (save for a few things), I wouldn't call it a bad thing. And while I was almost 100% sure about some of the plot twists midway through the story (and was proven right in the end), the game still managed to make me guess a few things.

Quote:
Spoiler for SDR2:
Spoiler for Answer, SDR2 endgame spoilers:

Last edited by DiabloCthulhu; 2013-10-04 at 06:28.
DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 05:56   Link #178
Solitaired

Well I fully respect your perspective. But for me, the surprise factor is important. If the game explains it well after the revelation, all things fine, for me.

Just like how I played DR1 spoiler-free and felt really satisfied at the end of the game. My SDR2 first playthrough was horrible because
Spoiler for SDR2 endgame:

And the mentioning of Kamakura Izuru in DR0 is like mentioning Ikusaba Mukuro in the prologue of DR1.
Old 2013-10-04, 06:32   Link #179
DiabloCthulhu

I added to my post reply about mention of Kamakura Izuru.
DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:37   Link #180
zetsubo666

Devil Survivor 2 Ending with the SDR2 characters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6tECZV6VE

Caution there will be spoilers
zetsubo666 is offline   Reply With Quote