Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 17:44   Link #1481
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Not necessarily. It might simply be stating a fact: As long as Eren's in the picture, she has eyes for no one else...
I'm not quite sure she would have eyes for anyone even if Eren died. I'm thinking she would go on a rampage and try to avenge Eren's death and try to die in the process.
Old 2013-09-17, 19:14   Link #1482
Parchevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Isayama's comment about that (before the chapter came out):

私「ジャンは一生片思いのままですか」
Me: Is Jean’s love going to remain unrequited?
先生「来月ジャンはミカサの王子様みたいな感じの展開になりますよ」
Isayama: Next month, there’s a development where Jean will become like Mikasa’s prince!
私「本当ですか!?(歓喜)」
Me: Really!? (Super happy)
先生「でもミカサは眼中にないです」
Isayama: But Mikasa won’t think anything of it.
私「あっ安定のジャンですね」
Me: Oh. So usual Jean then.
担当者「エレンが死んだらチャンスくるんじゃない」
Editor: If Eren died, he might have a chance.
Ahaha, he's such a troll. Until the canon's finished I wouldn't trust 100% anything he says.

Eren doesn't view Mikasa as a sister btw. He views her the same as Armin - as a childhood friend.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 20:57   Link #1483
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
I'm not quite sure she would have eyes for anyone even if Eren died. I'm thinking she would go on a rampage and try to avenge Eren's death and try to die in the process.
Like the did in the first few chapters, yeah. But then again, back then she did get over his death and was on the verge of moving on, but then Eren turns up alive again . Nothing that says it couldn't happened again as well if Eren ere to die "again".... It'd depend on the circumstances...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 21:02   Link #1484
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Like the did in the first few chapters, yeah. But then again, back then she did get over his death and was on the verge of moving on, but then Eren turns up alive again . Nothing that says it couldn't happened again as well if Eren ere to die "again".... It'd depend on the circumstances...
Yeah, that's true but back then she didn't witness him die. I think if she saw him get killed in front of her eyes she'd lose it. But even if Mikasa continued to live, I don't think she'd settle down and get married. She'd probably just continue to fight and try to accomplish Eren's dream (taking back the open world) for him.
Old 2013-09-18, 00:47   Link #1485
zibi88

Quote:
Yeah, that's true but back then she didn't witness him die. I think if she saw him get killed in front of her eyes she'd lose it. But even if Mikasa continued to live, I don't think she'd settle down and get married. She'd probably just continue to fight and try to accomplish Eren's dream (taking back the open world) for him.
well she saw a scene close to Erens death right in front of her eyes... when FT bit eren from his titan and swallowed him....and what happened after that....she went mad and kept beliving he is alive.... but what if this was some other titan...he would be dead,,,, but the reaction would be the same...she would stab him as many times possible only to get him (or even his corpse) out from the belly...

cant blame her...eren is the only remaining family she has in the world...he saved her and gave her power to overcome fears as kid (she stabbing to death that guy)... gave her the red scarf to keep her warm.... did get a new family.... and she just wants to repy eren by trying to accomplish his dream

but Mikasa mostly doesnt even think about marriage and such...she is just 16-17years old... and marriage in current situation is rather hard and the marriage itself might last couple of hours :P so she mostly goes the ideology first make war then love ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 09:33   Link #1486
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well she saw a scene close to Erens death right in front of her eyes... when FT bit eren from his titan and swallowed him....and what happened after that....she went mad and kept beliving he is alive.... but what if this was some other titan...he would be dead,,,, but the reaction would be the same...she would stab him as many times possible only to get him (or even his corpse) out from the belly...

cant blame her...eren is the only remaining family she has in the world...he saved her and gave her power to overcome fears as kid (she stabbing to death that guy)... gave her the red scarf to keep her warm.... did get a new family.... and she just wants to repy eren by trying to accomplish his dream

but Mikasa mostly doesnt even think about marriage and such...she is just 16-17years old... and marriage in current situation is rather hard and the marriage itself might last couple of hours :P so she mostly goes the ideology first make war then love ^^
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with Mikasa being extremely protective of Eren as he's everything she has. But sometimes her feelings for him get the best of her and causes her to act on impulse rather than thinking through her actions. At the same time, that's good for Eren cause he'd probably be dead without Mikasa's protection.

Seems like to me as of right now she'd only marry Eren but even then she plays more of a mother or older sister role to him.
Old 2013-09-18, 14:42   Link #1487
Destined_Fate

A good example of that is in Chapter 49 where she was reckless in her desire to safe Eren that her ribs were cracked/broken because she missed and a Titan grabbed her. Had Jean not saved her, by also being reckless like she was because of his emotions towards her, I doubt she would still be alive. Hell, if Jean was unlucky, during the heat of the moment like Mikasa was, than they both could have died for acting recklessly for the person they love.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 15:01   Link #1488
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
A good example of that is in Chapter 49 where she was reckless in her desire to safe Eren that her ribs were cracked/broken because she missed and a Titan grabbed her. Had Jean not saved her, by also being reckless like she was because of his emotions towards her, I doubt she would still be alive. Hell, if Jean was unlucky, during the heat of the moment like Mikasa was, than they both could have died for acting recklessly for the person they love.
Yeah, her impulsiveness has definitely put her in danger more than once. Hopefully as the story progresses she develops and becomes less rash and more calm/patient. I wouldn't want Mikasa to die because of it.
Old 2013-09-18, 21:37   Link #1489
darklegends8

Quote:
Why do you assume it's out of love, I think it can be interpreted as Jean caring for his comrades, he was pretty influenced by Marco's death.
Old 2013-09-18, 22:10   Link #1490
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Why do you assume it's out of love, I think it can be interpreted as Jean caring for his comrades, he was pretty influenced by Marco's death.
Yeah I don't think it's love either, just him looking out for her. I do think Jean is kind of infatuated with her, but they haven't really had a true deep conversation yet lol.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 01:33   Link #1491
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Because Jean was expressing doubts about people doing crazy stuff. Yet the moment Mikasa was in trouble he does the crazy stuff he was spectacle about without a moments thought. That and he also screamed let go of her and we know he did have a big crush on her so... Yeah.

I would say that Marco's death influenced him to not get too attached or to display his feelings openly anymore. He still cares for Mikasa but with how bad the world is he rightly isn't putting romance at the top of his list even if he would gladly give his life for her.

Besides, there were squad members dying left and right before Mikasa was grabbed. He stuck to the plan until Mikasa was grabbed and had her ribs crushed.

Goal is Eren, when Mikasa was in trouble he put her before the mission.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 06:47   Link #1492
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I say that he's still affected by his lingering feelings for her, but not quite consciously and love is a big word in his case. It never got past the level of a crush as far as I could see.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 09:17   Link #1493
Raviel

Quote:
Yeah, her impulsiveness has definitely put her in danger more than once. Hopefully as the story progresses she develops and becomes less rash and more calm/patient. I wouldn't want Mikasa to die because of it.
Mikasa losing some of her impulsiveness when it comes to Eren's safety would definitely be the best development for her right now because it could put her and other people in danger. Lets not forget that her rashness with regards to Eren is why Levi can't fight right now.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:28   Link #1494
xellos2099

wrong thread
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:33   Link #1495
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
anyway there is a easy way to change erens mind about mikasa... all its needed is mikasa hugging him...kissing...and saying she loves him and wants to be with him so they would be family for real and for good..... kinda to change erens image of her as elder sister taking care of her younger brother ^^
Quote:
Well, Eren only sees Mikasa as a sister. It has also been nearly Mikasa one sidedly protecting Eren with Eren being selfish or placing his needs first. Jean on the other hand puts Mikasa first even before his own life. The sad thing is that Mikasa doesn't notice this as she's too concerned for Eren's safety.
What are you two talking about? Eren's gone out of his way to make it known he does not view her as his sister or mother.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 07:50   Link #1496
normp571

So, I've been wondering somethings. The first is how those gas canisters can hold all of that gas. The second is does the gas propel you? The third is if the gas is some sort of exhaust. Also, I really hope the anime continues and keeps putting that awesome filler in their! This is some of the few filler I actually like. And, go Jean!
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:25   Link #1497
jackolo

Quote:
But sometimes her feelings for him get the best of her and causes her to act on impulse rather than thinking through her actions.
What do people expect?
She's still just a teenage girl...
jackolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:29   Link #1498
kitten320

^Sorry can't help but laugh a bit.

Whenever conversation concerns Mikasa/Eren/Armin, people go "Oh they are just teenagers, give them a break."

However, the moment conversation is about Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie everyone seems to forget that they are teenagers too who are put even under more pressure than those three.
Old 2013-09-22, 12:42   Link #1499
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
So, I've been wondering somethings. The first is how those gas canisters can hold all of that gas
How much gas it is again? I'm not a physic expert and I can't really quantify how much gas it should be expected to be in there to allow those contraptions to work for... the non well specified time they use it before needing a replacement.
It also seems that the gas isn't something that exists in our world so it might have completely non standard properties.

Quote:
does the gas propel you?
Not quite, the gas is used both to fire the grappling hooks and to rewind them by moving the turbines in either side of the 3D gear.

Quote:
The third is if the gas is some sort of exhaust.
If by that you mean to ask if there is some kind of combustion involved then no, the way it works is entirely mechanical.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:52   Link #1500
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Sorry can't help but laugh a bit.

Whenever conversation concerns Mikasa/Eren/Armin, people go "Oh they are just teenagers, give them a break."

However, the moment conversation is about Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie everyone seems to forget that they are teenagers too who are put even under more pressure than those three.
Well Armin, mikasa and eren haven't directly or indirectly caused the death of people.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote