AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-08, 04:25   Link #4201
Aer0gam3r
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
So yeah, "Girls Be Ambitious!" sucked. The focus on the conflict between the wealthy and the normal class wasn't very interesting and really just pissed me off most of the time. The relationship between the heroine and protag is nice, but WAY too short and not enough development. Comedy is pretty good, but was more of a side dish.

Urg, gotta stop getting tricked by game OPs >____>
__________________
Aer0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 09:39   Link #4202
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Has anyone completed Gleam Garden no Shoujo? Because I'd love to read something about it. I've stated before that I'll stay away from it due to the grim tone of the VN (and the - for me - no-go tags on vndb). I know from the offical cgs and a short impression in another forum that it's a dark(er) setting with an interesting story. And although I *could* stomache Grisaia's darker + grimmer moments, I somehow don't fee like it for Gleam Garden. Maybe a mini-shock "reaction" considering the sweetness that Lovesick Puppies was and thus my similar anticipations?
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 15:55   Link #4203
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I've played some of Gleamgarden no Shoujo. I've finished the big-boobs' and am about 75% through the black, long-haired one's route. The way the route structure works is that you finish two of the three girls under the MC's tutelage, then do Shirayuki's, then onto the true route.

The individual girl routes so far are only strictly focused on that girl, and a problem they have, and doesn't deal with the greater issues of witches and society. I felt a little disappointed with those routes, but I'm figuring that they're saving all the deep stuff for the true route so I'm going to work towards that with some positive expectations.
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 09:20   Link #4204
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: below the sky, inside the time
just finished Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road...
got angry with the route of Ai after being that short and not really in focus when playing other route (well, still finish and understand it but with a bit irritated emotion), but then after finishing all of them there's still continuation of Ai route yey~
Good work, really good in showing the hard work and determination of the character in each scenario, and the truthness of Tsujidou's saying
Spoiler for junai:

Spoiler for maybe?:

Good pure love game series, with their icha-icha time makes me smile and happy (hohoemashi~)

so many people asking if Tsujidou's characters go to Kawakami, what level are they in lol....

Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road (辻堂さんのバージンロード) 8/10

Hope for another great work from Takahiro-shi and Sakaki-kasa....
but please not with so much FD just for another girl in Tsujidou series like how majikoi going....
if there will be another one for Tsujidou, at least include another route for Tsujidou (maybe by making another scenario than before scenario)
well not really getting my hopes up with the last one saying Ai Last Route....

too much comment, well looking for another happy pure love that have much impact like this game again...over and out~
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 18:05   Link #4205
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Avoiding people.
Finally got around to finishing Soukou Akki Muramasa. Didn't play it when it came out because a) robot looking things fighting each other >_< and b) someone I know who reeks of chuunibyou was obsessed with it so I thought it wasn't worth looking at.

Overall it was pretty nice. It touched on lots of topics that were interesting to me at one point or another. Though I'm still not a fan of those giant robot looking things or the lengthy description of fighting techniques(this is coming from someone who actually spent a few years practicing exactly what type of swordsmanship is being described in the game and was able to understand most of the descriptions. The fighting technique stuff being in the wrong context was the biggest turn-off for me. I just felt that the heavy emphasis was a bit out of place with the rest of the story.) But I guess they had to exist for the guys who are in for the fights.

I can never resist a solid, well developed male protagonist. It's indeed a rarity these days. Not to mention one that is fully voiced

Games like these come and go, but I don't think I will be forgetting about this one any time soon. At least, not the protagonist.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-09-18 at 18:15.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 21:13   Link #4206
Cosmic Eagle
水銀の蛇
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 永劫回帰
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Finally got around to finishing Soukou Akki Muramasa. Didn't play it when it came out because a) robot looking things fighting each other >_< and b) someone I know who reeks of chuunibyou was obsessed with it so I thought it wasn't worth looking at.

Overall it was pretty nice. It touched on lots of topics that were interesting to me at one point or another. Though I'm still not a fan of those giant robot looking things or the lengthy description of fighting techniques(this is coming from someone who actually spent a few years practicing exactly what type of swordsmanship is being described in the game and was able to understand most of the descriptions. The fighting technique stuff being in the wrong context was the biggest turn-off for me. I just felt that the heavy emphasis was a bit out of place with the rest of the story.) But I guess they had to exist for the guys who are in for the fights.

I can never resist a solid, well developed male protagonist. It's indeed a rarity these days. Not to mention one that is fully voiced

Games like these come and go, but I don't think I will be forgetting about this one any time soon. At least, not the protagonist.
Depends on what direction Nitro+ will go from here on. Muramasa never "goes" for me though. Stuff like this is hard to come by these days. That or maybe I'm not looking hard enough
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:41   Link #4207
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Avoiding people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Depends on what direction Nitro+ will go from here on. Muramasa never "goes" for me though. Stuff like this is hard to come by these days. That or maybe I'm not looking hard enough
I'm fairly new to visual novels so I can't really answer that. What Nitro+ games would you recommend? I only finished playing Saya no Uta and Muramasa, with the major gripe against Muramasa being too much sci-fi, action and combat. I browsed through the titles and judging from the covers they aren't really interesting, but then again I thought the same way about Muramasa as well so I'm afraid that I might be missing out on something good despite the story settings which I find less-than-optimal.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 08:26   Link #4208
Cosmic Eagle
水銀の蛇
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 永劫回帰
Gekkou no Carnavale, Demonbane games (depends on your tastes for this) and Sumaga for Nitro+

If you like Guilty Crown, Lost X'Mas is a must play as well.

Muramasa is pretty much the jewel of Nitro+ though
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 17:29   Link #4209
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Finished Natsuki's route in Berry's. Overall lovely with an awkward(?) beginning, but the drama was annoying. Fortunately, I was prepared because when I skimmed through the CGs, I saw one particular and was like "Okay ... THAT will be the drama of her route". Other than loldrama, its main focus is more on comedy and rabu-rabu (post-confession, obviously). I would have loved an (sub)-route for Aruha, but that's not a deal breaker.
Ena's route pre-confession showed how to do a test-dating correctly without some pseudo purposes like fending off random confessions *coughhatsukoi1/1,lovelyxcation1cough*

And I completed most routes in Hoshi no On Sanctuary. Again, ignoring all mid-dramas, I loved how Serina's route progressed the relationship seeing how I wondered how they'd do it after Serina's more comedic moments during the common route (although she's far from weak battle-wise).
Serina >= Hisui > Rina = Yomi. Rina's epilogue was satisfactory, but not a true happy-end. Hisui has a canon-ish feeling due to the start of common route and it's always nice to see how a MC melts the ice walls of the local cool-beauty/ice queen .
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 18:40   Link #4210
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Finished Natsuki's route in Berry's. Overall lovely with an awkward(?) beginning, but the drama was annoying. Fortunately, I was prepared because when I skimmed through the CGs, I saw one particular and was like "Okay ... THAT will be the drama of her route".
You could see that drama coming even if you haven't read Haruki's route first
Spoiler for spoiler:

Also the drama in Haruki's route was worse than Natsuki's
Spoiler for spoiler:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 21:49   Link #4211
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Avoiding people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Gekkou no Carnavale, Demonbane games (depends on your tastes for this) and Sumaga for Nitro+

If you like Guilty Crown, Lost X'Mas is a must play as well.

Muramasa is pretty much the jewel of Nitro+ though
Ah ok. I guess I'll lower my expectations accordingly. Gekkou looks like my thing. Maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 04:24   Link #4212
Cosmic Eagle
水銀の蛇
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 永劫回帰
Sumaga is great as well actually.

And Nitro+ is one of those creators that focus a lot on pure action / character based stories than the usual high school moe stuff
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 04:33   Link #4213
Mystic_Vegetto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Just finished Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road. I gotta say, I really enjoyed it. For me, it's probably the most enjoyable VN I've played this year so far. One question though...

Spoiler:
__________________
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 01:45   Link #4214
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Avoiding people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Sumaga is great as well actually.

And Nitro+ is one of those creators that focus a lot on pure action / character based stories than the usual high school moe stuff
I can deal with moe when it appears alone. In fact I prefer the art style to be moe. But if the plot is just high school harem, each girl gets a route kinda drama along with the moe, I die a little inside

High school/simple happy settings is ok as long as the characters are not horribly simplistic and gimmecky. In fact I like looking at moe cute things being unconventionally messed up. It's a pretty addicting feeling. Sumaga seems like that kind of game if the tags on vndb are anything to go by.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 02:33   Link #4215
Cosmic Eagle
水銀の蛇
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 永劫回帰
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I can deal with moe when it appears alone. In fact I prefer the art style to be moe. But if the plot is just high school harem, each girl gets a route kinda drama along with the moe, I die a little inside

High school/simple happy settings is ok as long as the characters are not horribly simplistic and gimmecky. In fact I like looking at moe cute things being unconventionally messed up. It's a pretty addicting feeling. Sumaga seems like that kind of game if the tags on vndb are anything to go by.
And that is why you'll enjoy Sumaga

May I recommend Subarashiki Hibi too although that isn't by Nitro. Karory did the artwork along others so that's a major bonus as well.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:05   Link #4216
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Subahibi is pretty heavy on abstract thinking and philosophy so be ready, but it's a very good game. It's also being translated so you could try waiting for it
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:44   Link #4217
Cosmic Eagle
水銀の蛇
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 永劫回帰
More like pseudo philosophy once you see that it's merely a fine cover for full blown insanity
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:54   Link #4218
Kirayuki
High Priestess
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I'd say the insanity is just a cover, and the game can stand on its own merits even without the philosophy things on the very end (e.g : Jabberwocky II)
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:17   Link #4219
Achiuakuna
関西機のみんな、お仕事お仕事!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Avoiding people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And that is why you'll enjoy Sumaga

May I recommend Subarashiki Hibi too although that isn't by Nitro. Karory did the artwork along others so that's a major bonus as well.
I already finished SubaHibi. I liked it a lot.

Wonder if Nitro+'s Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi falls into the same category. Anyone read that yet?
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:26   Link #4220
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
I just read summaries on the Taimanin Asagi series. This has to be one of the more in depth eroges I've come across alongside the great art drawn by Kagami. I wonder if TA3 will be the last one.....

These summaries had me there for three hours and I don't regret one bit.
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.