AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-17, 23:56   Link #8061
akim36
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
so yea all the dub episodes are here already XD
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/ca...english-dubbed
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 04:52   Link #8062
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
damn akim u beat me to it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 05:08   Link #8063
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
boy this dub had some interesting voices I'm not disappointed hahaha
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 15:52   Link #8064
Vezon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Living
"Do you know english?" Sure is hard to tell which nationality to play.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 16:13   Link #8065
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
as an italian i feel very sad.....the english version of italian is even worse then japanese's lol
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 17:29   Link #8066
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Wait, that wasn't a parody? Erica's English voice wasn't just used "for the lulz"? That's the official dub? ... I'm... not surprised, actually.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 17:51   Link #8067
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Wait, that wasn't a parody? Erica's English voice wasn't just used "for the lulz"? That's the official dub? ... I'm... not surprised, actually.
So was it good or bad for you? Amazingly, I didn't find anything unnatural with the dubbing. I particularly liked the narrator's voice.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 18:32   Link #8068
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
For one, I already deny the existence of the Japanese version, but that doesn't matter now. I think Erica's voice was a horrible miscast. She sounds more like a gorilla or some barbarian or amazon with brawn for brains. After that, the rest of the cast didn't leave much of an impression, quality-wise. "Just as expected" in this case probably means "not really good" though, or worse. To be sure I'd have to watch it again and focus on it a bit more, but that's not gonna happen any time soon. I did note a few choices they made for the translation, but that's just boring.


P.S.: I think Lucretia was voiced pretty well overall, and the first time I heard Verethragna was a pleasant surprise, too, although the latter impression didn't last until the end of the episode for whatever reason.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 20:20   Link #8069
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gamindustri
Send a message via Skype™ to chaotix37
Erica's voice in english doesn't fit her character well.. It seems a bit forced.
__________________
chaotix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 20:20   Link #8070
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
after watching the first i don't consider it a bad dubbing, yes erica's voice actor is not my first choice for her but after that horrible italian speaking scene she does get better not by much but it does, and the rest of the characters i were actually pretty good, oh and my thoughts on the anime its a lose lose situation the fans hate it because it was rushed and that anime original ending, first off they had to rush it because they had to get lilianna's and ena's volumes in it other wise fans would have been upset they weren't in it because they are a part of the 4 main girls in godou's harem, and adding volume 3 as the beginning of the anime was actually smart because anime usually follow a chronological order most of the time and not only does it do that but it also shows how he got his powers which would have confused most anime watcher if the show started and he already has his powers, the pacing issue probably could have been solved with it being a 26er but for a novel manga or anime with fanservice like this its a rarity; the changes and anime original ending, first off anime original endings happen when company's don't believe they can get another season and considering the reaction to it i don't see that happening either, the other changes they did that was going to piss off the novel readers because it does not follow the original even though a few ones were good like godou killing verethragna with the sword instead of the stallion
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:27   Link #8071
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
Honestly, I don't think that the anime was that bad... in concept. Really, the storyline was done nicely and the visuals/audios were not bad (Golden Sword FTW). The only problem is the lore/mechanics changes. Messed up power level , the Divine Space thingy, Godou taking two of V-tan's Authorities are a bit of a middle case as it is also quite cool.

Then... then comes the whole anime ending. Metis as a villain isn't interesting at all. In fact, my first reaction was "What." Really, if they're going to make an anime ending, then they should have started to develop it from the start and make it good. With that said, with little tweaking, they could, in fact, follow the LN story. They needed the anime to end epic, right? Well, Mundane Made Awesome is a trope. Use camera tricks and slow motions, show Godou's expression being angry, things like that.

To me, the anime was subpar because of small mistakes. Like in the V2 events, it should have it similar to the original one, with more focus on Mariya's expression and her struggle to make her decision. Ena's arc should focus on her more too, and not introduce a new villain suddenly, though I do like Ep 12's Innocent!Athena which is damn cute admittedly.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou managed to do... what? Three or four volumes I think, and they were good. They made the story more serious, less non-sense, more focus on the conflicts and character developments, yet when it isn't it's meant as a build-up for those. It was good. So, why didn't Campione's anime take the same route? I mean the length, in essence, aren't that different.

On another subject, Fridge Logic: The spells only needed to be injected inside the Campione's body, right? So, why not just jam a few finger in Godou's mouth, and if body fluids exchange are needed, bite the finger first to let blood, a body fluids, out? Would save time and all of Godou's whining. Possible Fridge Brilliance: Erica, and the others too, realized about it but by that time already liked Godou too much that they just want to take advantage of the situation. No excuse for Guinevere and Athena though.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 23:12   Link #8072
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Honestly, I don't think that the anime was that bad... in concept. Really, the storyline was done nicely and the visuals/audios were not bad (Golden Sword FTW). The only problem is the lore/mechanics changes. Messed up power level , the Divine Space thingy, Godou taking two of V-tan's Authorities are a bit of a middle case as it is also quite cool.

Then... then comes the whole anime ending. Metis as a villain isn't interesting at all. In fact, my first reaction was "What." Really, if they're going to make an anime ending, then they should have started to develop it from the start and make it good. With that said, with little tweaking, they could, in fact, follow the LN story. They needed the anime to end epic, right? Well, Mundane Made Awesome is a trope. Use camera tricks and slow motions, show Godou's expression being angry, things like that.

To me, the anime was subpar because of small mistakes. Like in the V2 events, it should have it similar to the original one, with more focus on Mariya's expression and her struggle to make her decision. Ena's arc should focus on her more too, and not introduce a new villain suddenly, though I do like Ep 12's Innocent!Athena which is damn cute admittedly.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou managed to do... what? Three or four volumes I think, and they were good. They made the story more serious, less non-sense, more focus on the conflicts and character developments, yet when it isn't it's meant as a build-up for those. It was good. So, why didn't Campione's anime take the same route? I mean the length, in essence, aren't that different.

On another subject, Fridge Logic: The spells only needed to be injected inside the Campione's body, right? So, why not just jam a few finger in Godou's mouth, and if body fluids exchange are needed, bite the finger first to let blood, a body fluids, out? Would save time and all of Godou's whining. Possible Fridge Brilliance: Erica, and the others too, realized about it but by that time already liked Godou too much that they just want to take advantage of the situation. No excuse for Guinevere and Athena though.
It is actually explained (hand-waved) earlier in the novels that the easiest way to form a connection is mouth to mouth because it flows out of one person and into the other. The mouth is an opening through which words (and therefore spells) leave and can be used to receive magic as well by the same token.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 01:12   Link #8073
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
Yep, figures they would handwave that. It works... but it's kind of flimsy and there are also other just as flimsy handwaves like "blood has been a catalyst for magic" or something. Well, at least the scene has some purpose, which is to shows the girls' feelings and relationship with Godou.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 06:37   Link #8074
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
There's a tiny bit more to it. Campione cites the idea that magic energy rests in the Dantian, so basically in the stomach. The best way there... How much better that is is up to you.
Spoiler for Squick? No content spoilers:


...
...
...

ANYWAY! The anime, huh... I know this isn't the anime thread, but lacking something better to talk about, I decide not to care. Yes, it's bad. They lacked either care for or an idea of what they were doing. Possibly both. Then there's the case of the budget and clues how to spend it. Or, again, both.

Spoiler for off-topic wall of text? AKA doomy rant:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 07:14   Link #8075
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Its 5 volumes in 12 episode
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 07:22   Link #8076
Kadi
知識の探求者
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
...
...
...
*checks anime information*
...
...
...
*checks earlier post again*
...
...
...

Any way I look at it, I must say: No it's not!
But thank you for your concern.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 07:39   Link #8077
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ena appears on volume 5 after all.
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 08:08   Link #8078
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Ena appears on volume 5 after all.
There are thirteen episodes and the first episode is vol 3.

13 - 1 = 12

5 - 1 = 4

12 episodes and four volumes.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 10:58   Link #8079
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In my Body
Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, the Campione! anime followed a chronological storyline starting from two episode V3, first introducing the setting, Erica, and MemLoss!Verethragna, the second kills Verethragna in the same way as our universe does. Then, it proceeds to V11 where Godou fights against Melqart, taking two episodes, then battling Doni, taking four episodes due to faithfully following original material with all the emotional struggles Erica had and her interaction with Godou. The rest was left for V1, which while done faithfully, had the battle made more epic.

I wish we had it like that, I mean, for comparison Mondaiji only had two volumes for a total run time of 10 episodes and they did not force it to be sped up just to get all the important characters to appear. Despite all that though, I cannot truly hate the anime because it was the thing that introduced me to Campione im the firsp place.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 13:03   Link #8080
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, the Campione! anime followed a chronological storyline starting from two episode V3, first introducing the setting, Erica, and MemLoss!Verethragna, the second kills Verethragna in the same way as our universe does. Then, it proceeds to V11 where Godou fights against Melqart, taking two episodes, then battling Doni, taking four episodes due to faithfully following original material with all the emotional struggles Erica had and her interaction with Godou. The rest was left for V1, which while done faithfully, had the battle made more epic.

I wish we had it like that, I mean, for comparison Mondaiji only had two volumes for a total run time of 10 episodes and they did not force it to be sped up just to get all the important characters to appear. Despite all that though, I cannot truly hate the anime because it was the thing that introduced me to Campione im the firsp place.
That's an interesting idea, but I would have preferred a two-volume anime. It faithfully follows the first two volumes while hinting (teasing) about vol 3's events, and afterward the third volume is released as a pair of OVA's. Following this is a second season doing four and five, and so on and so forth.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.