AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 13 23.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-20, 04:57   Link #121
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 19
It is technically an interquel. It serves as a sequel to R1 & a prequel to R2.

Also I understood what that guy was saying with his cart driver math.
Considering that "Kingsley" doesn't die in AtE, then Lolouch can just geass him to take the stabbing for him. Thus the R2 "Lelouch is dead" ending is rewritten with: "he's still alive, because he was never stabbed in the first place."

Thus, the him being the cart driver theory is proven.
__________________

Last edited by mangakid95; 2013-09-20 at 15:14.
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 07:10   Link #122
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
No, I don't think so. There aren't much string attached him with the world: His sister could taking care of herself, Suzaku is Zero, Kallen get back the normal life with her father... Probally C.C and the duty of Watcher, though.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:43   Link #123
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
If Lelouch is not dead after R2 then his sacrifice would be fraudulent. No one would want to destroy Lelouch's character like that. I hope Sunrise would not bring him back alive. And if they do need to bring him back, he is in the World of C, he can always be contacted by those who can access the World of C.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 10:29   Link #124
Scherzo09
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
It's not really a sequel though, except in a chronological sense. Up until the addition of the new character, it was pretty much completely standalone.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 10:31   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
If Lelouch is not dead after R2 then his sacrifice would be fraudulent. No one would want to destroy Lelouch's character like that. I hope Sunrise would not bring him back alive. And if they do need to bring him back, he is in the World of C, he can always be contacted by those who can access the World of C.
Lulu's character is not destroyed by having him alive. His character can only be destroyed if he intentionally faked his death.

Lulu's survival is not a problem, as long as it was unplanned and unintentional. After all, you can't fault someone for something he didn't try to do.

A sacrifice does not require that it actually be carried out to its conclusion, only that it intended to. Much like when someone performed a suicidal charge to save his comrades, you won't fault him for being captured alive.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 10:36   Link #126
Scherzo09
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu's character is not destroyed by having him alive. His character can only be destroyed if he intentionally faked his death.

Lulu's survival is not a problem, as long as it was unplanned and unintentional. After all, you can't fault someone for something he didn't try to do.
Well, I think it does rather cheapen it, but tbh I never like the whole "HE DIED FOR THE WORLDS SINS" Thematicism anyways. I found the glorification of him to be insufferable.

However that's all kind of beside the point of the discussion anyways.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 14:58   Link #127
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Instead they can
It deserves the 1 I gave it.
You can get butthurt about it all you want it doesn't change the facts as they are.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 15:16   Link #128
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu's character is not destroyed by having him alive. His character can only be destroyed if he intentionally faked his death.
no offense but ive always thought he did do that. he had 2 geass eyes and Charles died choking him with the hand with the mark, he had everything he needed to be immortal
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 15:53   Link #129
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 19
To be completely honest, it doesn't really bother me if Lelouch really did survive or faked his death entirely. At the end of the day, Zero Requiem's goal was to achieve peace, which was achieved. He is still technically "dead", he'll never be able to assume his real identity & he'll never be able to live in any countries that know his face (Which btw is the entire world). So he'll live in isolation if it comes down to that.

He does have a reason for still being alive, he still has his contract with C.C. to fulfill. So him still being alive wouldn't destroy his sacrifice, it just means he has unfinished business.

Also I find death, to be the easy way out, I'd rather he live on & suffer the repercussions of his actions, than just die & leave behind all his problems.
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:11   Link #130
Shoutmon911
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
It is technically an interquel. It serves as a sequel to R1 & a prequel to R2.

Also I understood what that guy was saying with his cart driver math.
Considering that "Kingsley" doesn't die in AtE, then Lolouch can just geass him to take the stabbing for him. Thus the R2 "Lelouch is dead" ending is rewritten with: "he's still alive, because he was never stabbed in the first place."

Thus, the him being the cart driver theory is proven.
Yeah, i thought that same thing. If this kingsley guy is a clone, whats to say that it wasn't this clone who took the stabbing. But to me it seems unlikley. I saw a picture scene of ATE ep 2 where lelouch/kingsley is with suzaku and suzaku does not seem really happy to see him. In fact suzaku looks furious, thus, it means kingsley probably isnt even a clone. Suzaku doesnt like the idea of working with him. If suzaku is that angry with kingsley he must know that it really is a brain washed lelouch because at that point nobody hated lelouch as much as him.
Shoutmon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:20   Link #131
Shoutmon911
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
It deserves the 1 I gave it.
You can get butthurt about it all you want it doesn't change the facts as they are.
hey buddy, If you dont like this ova why are you posting here anyway?
Shoutmon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:26   Link #132
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
To be completely honest, it doesn't really bother me if Lelouch really did survive or faked his death entirely. At the end of the day, Zero Requiem's goal was to achieve peace, which was achieved. He is still technically "dead", he'll never be able to assume his real identity & he'll never be able to live in any countries that know his face (Which btw is the entire world). So he'll live in isolation if it comes down to that.

He does have a reason for still being alive, he still has his contract with C.C. to fulfill. So him still being alive wouldn't destroy his sacrifice, it just means he has unfinished business.

Also I find death, to be the easy way out, I'd rather he live on & suffer the repercussions of his actions, than just die & leave behind all his problems.
a) He didn't won't to live. In their dialog with Suzaku (printed in Newtype, if I'm not mistaken. The dialog takes place after Charles is dead) he confirms that there are other ways around, but he does not want to go this way. So no - he definitely didn't fake his death. The only way for him to stay alive was becoming immortal (and as you can guess - even if had the geass code after Charles' death, he had not known about this)

b) He has not. He fulfilled the contract. Unless by fulfilling you mean "had sex and babies so that Sunrise could do a classic trick and make a 3rd season".

//offtopic
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:27   Link #133
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoutmon911 View Post
Yeah, i thought that same thing. If this kingsley guy is a clone, whats to say that it wasn't this clone who took the stabbing. But to me it seems unlikley. I saw a picture scene of ATE ep 2 where lelouch/kingsley is with suzaku and suzaku does not seem really happy to see him. In fact suzaku looks furious, thus, it means kingsley probably isnt even a clone. Suzaku doesnt like the idea of working with him. If suzaku is that angry with kingsley he must know that it really is a brain washed lelouch because at that point nobody hated lelouch as much as him.
Well, the main point of Kingsley was to give Lelouch fans some fanservice. So whether it's Lelouch or an entirely new character, the fanservice has been delivered.

It also doesn't necessarily need to be Lelouch, it could just be that Kingsley looks so much like Lelouch that Suzaku is reminded of him & his bitter feelings are resurfaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
a) He didn't won't to live. In their dialog with Suzaku (printed in Newtype, if I'm not mistaken. The dialog takes place after Charles is dead) he confirms that there are other ways around, but he does not want to go this way. So no - he definitely didn't fake his death. The only way for him to stay alive was becoming immortal (and as you can guess - even if had the geass code after Charles' death, he had not known about this)

b) He has not. He fulfilled the contract. Unless by fulfilling you mean "had sex and babies so that Sunrise could do a classic trick and make a 3rd season".

//offtopic
Correction, his contract with C.C. is "die with a smile on your face." So if he is indeed still alive, then that's the only reason he will be alive.

I'm also one of those who supports the "He got Charles' code" theory. If he unknowingly had Charles' code, then he would be in for quite the surprise when he realizes that he died & came back to life.

Also for that theory to work, then the theory that "geass doesn't deactivate until you die" needs to be proven. Since C.C. was wounded by the nun when she got the code, it has been implied that C.C. needed to die for the code to be successfully passed on.

If that can be proven, then him using geass even after Charles' death will be explained.
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 17:47   Link #134
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
It deserves the 1 I gave it.
You can get butthurt about it all you want it doesn't change the facts as they are.
Considering you can't even get sales numbers correct before throwing mud around, facts must mean very little to you.

Alright then, keep thinking that way. I disagree but it's your loss.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 19:32   Link #135
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
Well, I think it does rather cheapen it, but tbh I never like the whole "HE DIED FOR THE WORLDS SINS" Thematicism anyways. I found the glorification of him to be insufferable.

However that's all kind of beside the point of the discussion anyways.
That, and the fact that it was informed as atonement, when it was really a death wish.

I still think he gets mostly abused in the end, only topped by Euphie and Shirley. The Black Knights, among others, at the very least make it out alive despite lesser focus, or in some cases, actually deserving it.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 19:40   Link #136
Scherzo09
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Eh, Lelouch brought it upon himself; If I were doing Code Geass I'd make it more clear he was undone by his hubris. I mean the reason the Black Knights flip him to Schniezel is because how little Lelouch trusted them, and so I think they were in their rights to not trust him. Though of course Ohgi was thinking with his cock, but I don't think that its as bad some people make it out to be.

On top of the whole Adrian Veidt problem, I think it was also reprehensible because he's leaving Nunnally all alone, when she told him point blank on Damocles that all she wanted was to live out the rest of her life with him.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 21:38   Link #137
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Stop the shitposting PV 3 is here!

lots of spoilers:Julius, Brain Raid face open, Vercingetorix, etc

PV 3


Last edited by gordol; 2013-09-20 at 22:23.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 22:14   Link #138
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
It was Akito smiling and I thought it was Lelouch, My bad.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 22:53   Link #139
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoutmon911 View Post
hey buddy, If you dont like this ova why are you posting here anyway?
Because I can.
This is a discussion/poll thread and it is intended for those of us who don't like it as much as those who do.
I happen to live Code Geass very much, just I am VERY disappointed with this OVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Considering you can't even get sales numbers correct before throwing mud around, facts must mean very little to you.

Alright then, keep thinking that way. I disagree but it's your loss.
Considering you made the claim that it sold 30,000 (it actually has sold 33,017 total copies DVD/BD), right?
And as of 9/15/2013 that is exactly how many have been sold.


Volume 1 of SBY 2199 on the other hand, has sold a total 37,915 as of 09/12/2013 with no signs of letting up, whereas Akito has fizzled as far as I can tell by the data available. Perhaps when the new sales data comes out that will have changed, but for now it is behind even a show as old (in concept/story) as Yamato.

Considering that Akito retails for about $64.00 US and SBY 2199 retails for about $89-100 US, I'd say there's considerable difference here in success.
Even with a higher price SBY is selling more.
Why?
Because Akito is for a very limited (albeit devout) fanbase of people like you.
While I commend your loyalty to this show, I don't share your enthusiasm about it and see it as not even worth my time watching because they're bringing Lelouch back into it.
That is my point, and now I've told you for the 3rd and final time.
You may think it's faptacular, but I don't.
To me it is a masterpieceOS, and it's sad, very sad, considering how successful the first 2 seasons were (Code Geass 45,366 total sales, R2 had 42,690).

I'm betting however, that with Lelouch now in the 2nd volume, the sales of that volume will soar.
Still makes it an epic fail in my book since they can't sell this show without some variant of Lelouch being in it, but no doubt the fanboys/girls will flock to it for their beloved Lulu.
Now, do you understand my point?
Or not?
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 23:00   Link #140
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Stop the shitposting PV 3 is here!

lots of spoilers:Julius, Brain Raid face open, Vercingetorix, etc

PV 3

I heard FukuJun, yup Kingsley is a brainwashed Lelouch. It's either that or an elaborate troll set up for the appearace of a lookalike that also has the same voice. -_-

Sunrise if that is a troll, you have a very f*cked up sense of humor.
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.