AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 22.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 20.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-20, 23:19   Link #141
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Considering you made the claim that it sold 30,000 (it actually has sold 33,017 total copies DVD/BD), right?
And as of 9/15/2013 that is exactly how many have been sold.
Oh please, this reads like a bad joke.

Now you're making a big deal out of rounding down from 33,017 to 30,000 when you previously boasted about Yamato 2199 chapter one selling 15,000 copies in one week?

I guess the gap between 33,017 for Akito OVA 1 and 37,915 for Yamato 2199 Chapter One must be as big as the Grand Canyon in your mind, huh?

Your claim about "differences in success" based on retail price alone (how many goalposts will you keep moving, I wonder?) is also cynically forgetting that Yamato 2199 is a 26 episode TV show initially presented as a series of 7 movies released on relatively quick seasonal schedule, while Akito is a 4 episode OVA presented as 4 movies released yearly. Not to mention that the main reason Yamato has been picking up sales is the fact the entire TV series is now on the air weekly and has been racking up ratings.

Gee, I wonder if that has any influence or provides any additional momentum at all? Nah, surely it doesn't!

Never mind that Yamato itself is a legend in Japan and was already familiar to multiple generations of viewers from day zero of 2199's production.

I forgot to point out how gloriously misleading your use of Amazon.com Marketplace resellers is, when the actual prices in Amazon Japan are like this:

Quote:
コードギアス 亡国のアキト第1章
List Price: ¥ 7,140
Price: ¥ 5,290
Quote:
宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199 1
List Price: ¥ 7,140
Price: ¥ 4,998
It all comes back to how you think Akito is trash so you must use the most narrow-minded and irrational criticism in order to paint selling 33,017 discs as some sort of "abandon ship" flop. Apparently, in your mind, "success" starts at whatever arbitrary point something happens to satisfy your personal needs. Ergo, since a Lelouch-like guy appearing bothers you a lot, it must have been automatically unsuccessful!

In short, your point is great sophistry and poor arguments. Go ask the mania.com sales nuts if they agree with your assessment of Akito being a "flop" with "garbage" sales.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2013-09-20 at 23:39.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 23:36   Link #142
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Stop the shitposting PV 3 is here!

lots of spoilers:Julius, Brain Raid face open, Vercingetorix, etc

PV 3

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 00:36   Link #143
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Oh please, this reads like a bad joke.
The bad joke here is your inability to admit that I'm right.
They can't make a Code Geass without Lelouch.
You keep deflecting to useless crap because you know you can't deny that Lelouch (or a clone thereof) is now in this series and it proves they can't make this show work without him because the story is so dependent on him that to make it sell he's got to be in it.



You keep jumping over WHY I say this series is an epic piece of shit instead of addressing it head-on.

Is Lelouch in the new series?
Yes.
Is that a fucking asspull on the part of Sunrise?
Yes.
Does it mean that they can't make a Code Geass anime without Lelouch in it?
Yes.
Does that prove my point?
Yes.

Now that Lelouch is in Akito, IT WILL sell.
That's my POINT!
It would not sell without him in it and I see that as total and complete failure on their part, because the story in and of itself cannot stand on its own. Lelouch, has to be in the damn thing.

Is that blunt enough to get through your fanboy-induced fog that has kept you from seeming my point?

This is what I posted originally with regard to this series:

Quote:
Why are you suprised?
All I had to do was read this at AnimeNewsNetwork and realized that this Code Geass was a steaming pile of feces.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...he-exiled-cast

The Lelouch-clone is Julius Kingsley, which translates to this to me.

Lelouch Double + R2 ending stabbing + Cart Driver that CC is talking to = Epic Fail Sunrise.
__________________

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2013-09-21 at 00:59.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:09   Link #144
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Fact: "Lelouch" arrives on a train after almost two (2) hours of completely unrelated events as the introduction of a new enemy character for future episodes.

Your interpretation: This new story totally revolves around him! They can't write anything without him! It's all about Lelouch! 1 out of 10!

Fact: Code Geass Akito sells over 24,000 discs first week and around 33,000 to date.

Your interpretation: It's a flop with terrible sales! They can't hope to sell any of this crap without Lelouch!

Fact: There are people in Japanese forums who say episode two is more interesting than the first one in various ways, like the longer battle scenes for instance.

Your interpretation: I know, they all like it just because Lelouch is present! You can't fool me! That's the only reason it could ever be liked more! That's why it'll sell more too!

Fact: I have been watching this and enjoying it without Lelouch, but I will still watch the next episodes with this new character or his clone/whatever.

Your interpretation: You're a fanboy who thinks this is perfect while it's actually terrible trash!
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:18   Link #145
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Fact: "Lelouch" arrives on a train after almost two (2) hours of completely unrelated events as the introduction of a new enemy character for future episodes.

Your interpretation: This new story totally revolves around him! They can't write anything without him! It's all about Lelouch! 1 out of 10!

Fact: Code Geass Akito sells over 24,000 discs first week and around 33,000 to date.

Your interpretation: It's a flop with terrible sales! They can't hope to sell any of this crap without Lelouch!

Fact: There are people in Japanese forums who say episode two is more interesting than the first one in various ways, like the longer battle scenes for instance.

Your interpretation: I know, they all like it just because Lelouch is present! You can't fool me! That's the only reason it could ever be liked more! That's why it'll sell more too!

Fact: I have been watching this and enjoying it without Lelouch, but I will still watch the next episodes with this new character or his clone/whatever.

Your interpretation: You're a fanboy who thinks this is perfect while it's actually terrible trash!
Yes I know you can't handle someone else's opinion about this show.
You've made that very clear.
The problem for you in this is that instead of sticking to what I said originally and just stating you didn't think it mattered you jumped on something irrelevant.
I played along with you to see if you'd smarten up and simply disagree, but alas, your fanboyism runs really deep I see and you just can't handle anyone who thinks differently than you do.

Notice that I said I commend your loyalty to this show.
Whereas you lack the decency to simply say that you disagree with my opinion but "to each his/her own."
No, you want to try and FORCE others to like this POS series and that will only help turn undecided folks away.
Afterall, if the fanbase is already starting to get pushy, defensive, and downright antagonistic then the show is not worth watching because it appeals to mostly childish brats rather than adults.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:27   Link #146
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
If you keep coming back presenting flawed or incomplete information, which I've directly addressed, you can't expect me to just limit this to respecting a different opinion.

I am "forcing" nobody to watch this. This is simply another circular debate on a forum full of them. If some people are scared off, then they are acting within their rights.

I just think you're a little too harsh and some of your statements are also factually wrong. No matter what your opinion is, though that hyperbolic negativity clearly does not help.

I also don't see anything adult in your attitude, especially not in your ratings. I guess I could rate this a 10/10 to match, but I realize it would be both false and useless.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:39   Link #147
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
However, this addition of Lelouch in the akito anime is the umpteenth time japan authors follow fans and otaku desires rather the storyboard.
I bet in future we will produce a Lelouch figure with that clothes.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:40   Link #148
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
If you keep coming back presenting flawed or incomplete information, which I've directly addressed, you can't expect me to just limit this to respecting a different opinion.

I am "forcing" nobody to watch this. This is simply another circular debate on a forum full of them. If some people are scared off, then they are acting within their rights.

I just think you're a little too harsh and some of your statements are also factually wrong. No matter what your opinion is, though that hyperbolic negativity clearly does not help.
The information about Lelouch being in the new series (which is all that matters with regard to the point I've made) is quite factual.
The animenewsnetwork article isn't a hoax, nor is the image I posted.
And don't tell me you're not trying to force your opinion on me.
You are, and you did when you wrote this:

Quote:
Curiosity at rating something nobody around here has watched yet. I don't rate anything preemptively.

I don't follow your math above. If anything, it is easier to do something like this when there's a giant one year hole in the time line. It causes the least harm.

This doesn't imply anything about the cart driver at all and there's another tiny little detail: Lelouch is not the point of view character.
You dislike my opinion of the show because you feel it needs to be watched first (you said so above).
I disagree with that opinion.
We judge movies, TV, books, video games, etc by what is presented to us, and while my original hopes for this series were high, they have been disappointed by the introduction of Lelouch.
It's not that don't like the character, it's that Okouchi made it clear that his story was over. Guess that's no longer the case.

As I've said here for years, Sunrise can't make a damn anime of Code Geass without Lelouch in it, and they haven't.
Will that change in the future?
Maybe...maybe not, but for right now HE is in everything that gets animated and it is sickening to me.
I was hoping that this new Code Geass wouldn't have any of the old characters in it, but that was clearly not to be because the story simply isn't strong enough to survive without them.
Pity, because the mecha designs are nice.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:42   Link #149
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
However, this addition of Lelouch in the akito anime is the umpteenth time japan authors follow fans and otaku desires rather the storyboard.
And it would also the umpteenth time that it is assumed something was done only because of fans and no other reason at all, even if it was already on the storyboard before anyone said anything. That doesn't mean it is good, bad, terrible, great since that is for the rest of the episodes to prove or disprove. I could end up disliking this but only after I watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The information about Lelouch being in the new series (which is all that matters with regard to the point I've made) is quite factual.
The animenewsnetwork article isn't a hoax, nor is the image I posted.
You probably think this is funny, right? I wasn't referring to that.

Quote:
And don't tell me you're not trying to force your opinion on me.
You are, and you did when you wrote this:
You asked why I found it curious. I briefly explained it, and also added why I didn't think this was causing so much harm to the show.

In other words...I was merely disagreeing with you. How is that forcing you to think differently?

It's natural to rate things after watching them. I have no interest in ever watching Twilight but I would simply refuse to rate it.

Again, I was curious and still disagreed with you.

Quote:
I was hoping that this new Code Geass wouldn't have any of the old characters in it, but that was clearly not to be because the story simply isn't strong enough to survive without them.
So now you're extending your dislike to not even acknowledging there is at the very least a good reason for having Suzaku in it (and possibly C.C.) as well?

I don't see how you can be angry that the story of a character isn't over when he's not the protagonist and this takes place before the end of his story, which is a year later.

Judging the entire story because of the role played by a couple of old characters is also shortsighted.

It's like you can't see anything beyond them yourself, not just those you accuse. It immediately blocks out any other positive or negative in the show, which is silly.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2013-09-21 at 01:54.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 01:54   Link #150
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
Eh, Lelouch brought it upon himself; If I were doing Code Geass I'd make it more clear he was undone by his hubris. I mean the reason the Black Knights flip him to Schniezel is because how little Lelouch trusted them, and so I think they were in their rights to not trust him. Though of course Ohgi was thinking with his cock, but I don't think that its as bad some people make it out to be.
Lelouch had a lot of responsibility, but the thing is, he had a bizarre way of accepting it, not to mention a whole morass of issues. That, and the BKs were incredibly passive aggressive about it, and ultimately beyond hypocritical and myopic about it, and none of them are called on it, ever. The spy who Ohgi keeps a secret all this time, who was responsible for incapacitating him during the Black Rebellion and watches over Lelouch during the interim when he's present at Ashford, and later, Ohgi almost gets himself killed over? She along with Schneizel are among the LAST people who should be trusted over Lelouch. What's more, the deal for Japan is magnitudes worse than the Black Rebellion disappearance, since it left the UFN out to dry. Two things should have happened:

1) Ohgi, after learning that Villetta had been watching over Lelouch for the sake of becoming a noble, should have told her to GTFO.
2) The Black Knights responsible for the betrayal should have been dismissed by the UFN (Kaguya, Xing-ke).

Lelouch may have kept secrets, but there was also stuff he had to deal with they didn't know:

1) His history, and being on Ground Zero when Japan was attacked.
2) Kirihara knowing his identity, and also knowing full well why he couldn't let it be known.
3) Lelouch's memory loss, which was largely responsible for his absence as Zero during the interim.

Kallen was suspicious of Lelouch after he regained his memories when she learned about Geass, but she learned to believe in him on his own terms as she got to vicariously know him. The Black Knights on the other hand? Guilty with no chance of innocence. Ohgi used Kallen to bait him out, accuses her of being under his geass and threatening to gun her down with Lelouch when she tries defending him, and has the gall to go on and accuse Lelouch of using people as pawns. Had they had their way and killed him, Schneizel would have made them his bitches.

Quote:
On top of the whole Adrian Veidt problem, I think it was also reprehensible because he's leaving Nunnally all alone, when she told him point blank on Damocles that all she wanted was to live out the rest of her life with him.
True. That, and Schneizel had manipulated her. With her truth telling ability, there's just no excuse.

He would have been more useful to the world alive than dead, and would be doing more to atone as such.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:03   Link #151
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
If they still use the old characters, nobody care of the new ones.

The merchandise catalogue speak clear, the new kmf, I preordered the robot spirits alexander layla squad, but about human characters? just few stuff and no more.

The new code geass chars not like, maybe the return of old one (also only for cameo) is a consequence, every anime must have a merchandise behind.

Like the "Idol band" composed by lelouch, suzaku, euphemia and cornelia, the figures will out in december and january.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 10:54   Link #152
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
You probably think this is funny, right? I wasn't referring to that.
Funny no, typical, yes.
I expected someone who is a diehard fan of Code Geass to get mad, but I'm not going to let that shape my opinion.
It's like telling Star Trek fans you hate Voyager, they get all bent out of shape about it and expect you to change for them.
I admit, I get that way about John Ringo and Ian Douglas' stuff, so I know where you're coming from and I understand your irritation, which is why I rolled with it using the sales data to let you blow off some steam.

It is probably this statement more than anything that is irritating to me with regards to this new anime.

From Continue 42 October 2008 issue:

—–Congratulations on the completion of “Code Geass”!! It was a shocking final episode; did you have a difficult time writing it, Mr. Okouchi?

Okouchi: “No. The last episode wasn’t difficult at all; in fact, it was the middle parts of R2 that turned out to be rough going. For the final episode, [I'd/we'd] already decided on the ending when writing the script for the first episode of the previous series. Episode 1, Episode 25 (Episode 1 and the final episode of the previous series) and episode 25 of R2 — these episodes did not deviate much from our original plans.”

—–”Some unresolved mysteries still remain.”

Okouchi: “From the very beginning, [I/we] never planned on explaining everything. In fact, if you ask me, I think we might have overdone the explanations. While it’s undeniable that Lelouch’s story has ended with a full stop, the other characters’ stories are still on-going, and it’s not like the world [of Code Geass] itself has come to an end either. [I/we] didn’t want to end it by closing it up for good.”

—–”Still, isn’t it possible that defeating the wise ruler Schneizel, the person who was supposed to have brought order to the world, might lead to some [viewers] interpreting it as a Bad End?”

Okouchi: “That’s true. There are probably a lot of people who think of it as a Bad End, a tragedy, considering the protagonist’s, Lelouch’s end as well. However, Lelouch says in the first episode: “Only those prepared to be shot are allowed to pull the trigger themselves.” If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end. Of course, I understand that not all of the viewers will accept this ending. There were people who wanted a happier ending, after all.”

—–”Was there a dispute among the staff members regarding the ending?”

Okouchi: “No. It was decided fairly naturally. During the “Code Geass” script meetings, there are many cases in which there were a number of disputes, but there were barely any when it came to the scripts for (the previous series’s) episode 25 and the final episode. I think everyone felt the same when it came to the end of the character that is Lelouch.”

—–”Why were you so bold as to choose this ending when the viewers might see it as a Bad End?”

Okouchi: “Bold… yes, we were so bold as to chose this ending. Perhaps the show that is “Code Geass” ending up this way was decided the moment Director Taniguchi and I teamed up. I suppose you can call it our sense of aesthetics, or perhaps a part of our psychological makeup.”


Why?
Because of the years that people have been fighting over whether he was/is alive or not and now in Akito they're going to drag him back into it by putting him in the show.
People are still fighting over whether Lelouch lived or died.
Unless Sunrise enjoys all the emotional fanbase fighting, I'd say that it's time to lay Lelouch to rest and move on with all new characters.
That's what I wanted to see out of this because of all the damn fighting.
I mean, even as a diehard fan, aren't you sick of Lelouch by now?
Honestly, was Amuro Ray in Gundam 0083? No. Was it a good anime on its own? Yes.
Same can be said for 0080 War in the Pocket.
I use those as examples because at the time they were made they were part of the UC Gundam universe and they had completely independent characters set in the same world as Amuro and Char.
That's what Akito should have been IMHO, and it's why it looks like a cheap marketing ploy to me.
Will it be popular with fans?
Now that Lelouch is in it, yes.
However, using a different analogy, the McDonalds Big Mac may be one of the most popular hamburgers in the world, but that doesn't make the meat inside it Filet Mignon.

If as Okouchi stated, Lelouch's story was over at the end of R2, then why do they keep putting Lelouch back into it?
The question is rhetorical and it has only one answer, because they can't sell the damn story without him.
Same reason that Dash in Renya of the Dark is a Lelouch clone.
While I'll admit that I do like Renya of the Dark, I found the "ancestors that look exactly like the characters from the anime" a bit annoying, but not horribly bad because they were not the original characters (save for CC) and they did act different. Taniguichi did a good job of developing them as their own new characters even if they look like the ones from the anime.
In Akito, these are the anime-characters and for me that's a deal breaker as it cheapens the OVA by weakening the new characters ability to take center stage.
Already the talk about this show has started to shift to Suzaku and CC, now that Lelouch is in it I can see the focus shifting almost entirely to him and that makes this OVA Epic Fail in my opinion.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 13:07   Link #153
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
At least it is usually taken for granted that the people complaining about Star Trek Voyager have already seen it.

I am sick of Lelouch as the protagonist. He is not a protagonist here. I wouldn't be interested in watching a direct sequel to Geass R2 where he is the center of the story.

I don't see anything in Akito contradicting what you quoted from the interview because this doesn't change the fact Emperor Lelouch gets stabbed by Suzaku at the end of R2.

The subjective focus of the fanbase is different from the objective focus of the show. I don't judge them as being one and the same thing.

The camera won't follow Julius around for the last two hours of the story while he is occasionally interrupted by Akito and his team. The opposite is what's going to happen.

Gundam 0083's quality is questionable among Gundam fans and other critics. The lack of old characters doesn't remove complaints about the sudden love triangle at the end.

Once again, Amuro Ray and Char Aznable were present in Zeta Gundam as very popular secondary characters, but that didn't make Kamille Vidan irrelevant.

The fact that you prefer Renya of the Dark, which I find to be unevenly paced and underdeveloped, is kind of odd. But I suppose you have the right to like it all the same.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2013-09-21 at 13:17.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:14   Link #154
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
At least it is usually taken for granted that the people complaining about Star Trek Voyager have already seen it.
No that's not the case.
Especially not now or at least on on the Trek BBS forums.
There are plenty of Star Trek fans who have expressed not ever wanting to see a particular Star Trek movie, series, or read a specific novel based on what they've seen or heard about it.
Voyager is no different.
The idea that you have to read a book, or watch a show, play a video game etc, in order to judge it is false.
Especially in the world of literary fiction (books), and movies.
Many people will rate a book on Amazon or IMDb without having read or seen it in its entirety.

However, most people will get this decision from a movie/video game trailer, and/or read a sample of the material.
That's what I did with Akito.
I watched the whole first episode, then read the animenewsnetwork articles on the 2nd, saw Lelouch was in it, and decided it is not worth my time.
There are too many other excellent anime, books, and manga out there to waste my time on another Lelouch-based Code Geass.

Quote:
I am sick of Lelouch as the protagonist. He is not a protagonist here. I wouldn't be interested in watching a direct sequel to Geass R2 where he is the center of the story.
For your sake I hope you're right because I think you may find this show disappointing by the end.
While not a protangonist, it would appear that he isn't going to be just a secondary character in this.
I'm not saying that this is for sure, or that I've any inside information or any nonsense like that, but I am going to speculate and say that it would appear this Julius Kingsley is the main strategist driving Britannia's fight in the European theater alongside Suzaku.
I imagine that means he's going to play more than just a secondary role.
Maybe I'm wrong...but only time will tell.

Quote:
I don't see anything in Akito contradicting what you quoted from the interview because this doesn't change the fact Emperor Lelouch gets stabbed by Suzaku at the end of R2.
Contradicting, no, I didn't stake that claim.
I said all of the damn fighting Okouchi's comments caused is what aggravated me.
He essentially states that Lelouch's story is over because he's dead.
Implying that any new Code Geass would be devoid of Lelouch.
That is not the case now as this new Akito has shown, so it is unfortunate that Okouchi made such a fuss about Lelouch being dead.
He should have done like Taniguichi and just left it up in the air unanswered.

Quote:
The camera won't follow Julius around for the last two hours of the story while he is occasionally interrupted by Akito and his team. The opposite is what's going to happen.
That's irrelevant.
It doesn't matter how much screen time Lelouch gets, it matters how he is presented and how much impact to the story he has.
If Lelouch's presence is the only thing keeping people watching Code Geass (save for the few like you), then the show can't stand on its own without him and thus is so dependent on this character's presence that any Code Geass that does not have him in it will fail.
Clearly the makers of Akito want it to succeed and it is for that reason that I believe Lelouch had to be added to it.


Quote:
Gundam 0083's quality is questionable among Gundam fans and other critics. The lack of old characters doesn't remove complaints about the sudden love triangle at the end.
Yeah, I can agree there. The love triangle between Nina, Gato, and Kou was rushed at the end. However, the show was still very popular at the time it came out and the fanbase ate it up even without Char and Amuro.
Though the solar-cannon thingy was a bit over the top.

Quote:
Once again, Amuro Ray and Char Aznable were present in Zeta Gundam as very popular secondary characters, but that didn't make Kamille Vidan irrelevant.
Yes they were, and they did detract from Kamille's story.
The whole "IS Quatro Char?" debate consumed many a fan-mail magazine back in the day. Animage dedicated a whole issue to trying to figure that out while poor Kamille was treated like a secondary character.
Hell, just look at some of the poster art for Zeta Gunam.
Who's the smallest character in this?




That poster actually reminded me of who the real main character is in Gundam.
It's the Gundam, and there hasn't been a Gundam story yet without the mecha in it so I suppose the same could be said for Code Geass.
Sunrise could make an anime of Code Geass without KMFs very easily, but Lelouch would have to be in it for it to be Code Geass.


Quote:
The fact that you prefer Renya of the Dark, which I find to be unevenly paced and underdeveloped, is kind of odd. But I suppose you have the right to like it all the same.
Yeah, I have the right to like it if I choose, that's a given, Kusaja.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:31   Link #155
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am not sure about others, but I for one would root for Akito against this "Julius" guy. I guess the creators of this OVA wanted to implement Lelouch-hatred. If they succeed the Lelouch-hatred would be exponentially greater than Suzaku-hatred.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:41   Link #156
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Am I the only person that legitimately does not care if Kingsly is Lelouch or not? And why is there another PV is the episode was released last week?
Quote:
People are still fighting over whether Lelouch lived or died.
Unless Sunrise enjoys all the emotional fanbase fighting
If Valvrave rape debating is any indication (with the same writer on staff in both I might add) than probably yes.
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:43   Link #157
Scherzo09
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
TBH I wouldn't surprised if the delays were because of writing Lelouch into the episode. I know that's mere supposition on my part and I'll try to keep an open mind, but if that were to be the case that reeeeally rubs me the wrong way.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:59   Link #158
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
I am not sure about others, but I for one would root for Akito against this "Julius" guy. I guess the creators of this OVA wanted to implement Lelouch-hatred. If they succeed the Lelouch-hatred would be exponentially greater than Suzaku-hatred.
Considering that his stint as Demon Emperor didn't entirely have that effect, I would think they would take pity on him instead.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:04   Link #159
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Many people will rate a book on Amazon or IMDb without having read or seen it in its entirety.
Then that just makes those people pitiful in my eyes and it is why Amazon or IMDb ratings tend to be so misleading: prejudice and preemptive bias.

Quote:
There are too many other excellent anime, books, and manga out there to waste my time on another Lelouch-based Code Geass.
You go do that, but I'll still disagree about your definition of "Lelouch-based" one more time.

Quote:
For your sake I hope you're right because I think you may find this show disappointing by the end.
While not a protangonist, it would appear that he isn't going to be just a secondary character in this.
I'm not saying that this is for sure, or that I've any inside information or any nonsense like that, but I am going to speculate and say that it would appear this Julius Kingsley is the main strategist driving Britannia's fight in the European theater alongside Suzaku.[
Not if you are paying any attention to the structure of the show. He is a secondary character by definition, since the main characters were all introduced in the first episode and have a significant screen time advantage over him. If you recall the first episode and check what else has been spoiled about the second episode, you would see that's not the case. At most you can say he is arriving because someone has obviously appointed him to go to Europe, but he is not the person leading the fight at this moment.

Quote:
Contradicting, no, I didn't stake that claim.
I said all of the damn fighting Okouchi's comments caused is what aggravated me.
He essentially states that Lelouch's story is over because he's dead.
Implying that any new Code Geass would be devoid of Lelouch.
That is not the case now as this new Akito has shown, so it is unfortunate that Okouchi made such a fuss about Lelouch being dead.
He should have done like Taniguichi and just left it up in the air unanswered.
Many people who haven't even heard of anything Okouchi said have been fighting over Lelouch's dead or alive state for years. The reason they're arguing about it is because of the ending being what it is, not because of an interview.

And one more time, Lelouch being dead or alive at the end of R2 doesn't factor into Akito.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how much screen time Lelouch gets, it matters how he is presented and how much impact to the story he has.
If Lelouch's presence is the only thing keeping people watching Code Geass (save for the few like you), then the show can't stand on its own without him and thus is so dependent on this character's presence that any Code Geass that does not have him in it will fail.
Clearly the makers of Akito want it to succeed and it is for that reason that I believe Lelouch had to be added to it.
Screen time does matter unless you want to argue that if he gets just 15-30 minutes of screen time that makes him override everyone else in four hours of story. His actions might be important, but his character isn't a primary one in this situation.

You continue to insist on mixing up the content of a show with the fans of a show.

And you've already been proven wrong about this project automatically failing without Lelouch.

Quote:
Yes they were, and they did detract from Kamille's story.
The whole "IS Quatro Char?" debate consumed many a fan-mail magazine back in the day. Animage dedicated a whole issue to trying to figure that out while poor Kamille was treated like a secondary character.
Hell, just look at some of the poster art for Zeta Gunam.
Who's the smallest character in this?
Perhaps you should show the other posters, since that's from the new movie trilogy compilation made around the year 2005.

And they didn't detract from Kamille's story. Once again you are confusing fan reaction with the actual content of the show. Quattro and Amuro should have been popular among the audience, but Kamille wasn't a secondary character in Zeta Gundam itself unless your memory of the episodes is incredibly incomplete.

Quote:
Yeah, I have the right to like it if I choose, that's a given, Kusaja.

I added that in because, next thing you know, you'll be accusing me of "forcing" you to dislike it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
TBH I wouldn't surprised if the delays were because of writing Lelouch into the episode. I know that's mere supposition on my part and I'll try to keep an open mind, but if that were to be the case that reeeeally rubs me the wrong way.
It's a very weak supposition given that his appearance is very short and happens right at the very end, like a cliffhanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Considering that his stint as Demon Emperor didn't entirely have that effect, I would think they would take pity on him instead.
You could see that Lelouch was conflicted about his Emperor acts and punished himself in the end. Julius probably won't hesitate for a single moment.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:28   Link #160
Scherzo09
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Well I mean, figuring out the mechanics of working him into the framework of the OVA series.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.