AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-09-15, 17:59   Link #101
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Scotch is one of a Yonko's henchmen. He must be quite though. On the other hand, we don't know, if Drake was defeated or if they came to some sort of agreement - although it didn't look like it when Drake transformed
Judging by the cover story, Caribou seems to be overwhelming Scotch. Based on that, he's probably not very strong. I doubt Drake was defeated by him. He's probably now part of Kaido's core crew.
Old 2013-09-15, 18:19   Link #102
marvelB

Anyways, going back on topic, I'm finding myself a good deal more interested in Diamante now. It's starting to look like his role is much deeper than that of an arena champion since we saw him among the rebels in Rebecca's flashback. Heck, maybe he was even the one who killed her mother! I'm really looking forward to learning more about him in the upcoming chapters.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 01:50   Link #103
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
But keep in mind that two years have passed. Sure, the desire to beat the $h*t out of him would still be there, but it would be in a more latent, biding one's time manner, rather than a bloodrush to the head one. Although since it's Luffy we're talking about...
Sure, this could be the case, but my original point was, that Blackbeard doesn't have to provoke Luffy. Things between them are already set in motion.
Quote:
As for Burgess, I'm thinking a little of both. Two years have passed, so Burgess must have powered up as well, and last Blackbeard saw Luffy, Luffy was just an ant scrambling amongst giants.
Yeah, that's true. On the other hand, the admirals made it their priority to kill Luffy after witnessing him, using CoC and I bet the word has spread to Blackbeard. But as Whitebeard already said, overconfidence is one of his greatest weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
Judging by the cover story, Caribou seems to be overwhelming Scotch. Based on that, he's probably not very strong. I doubt Drake was defeated by him. He's probably now part of Kaido's core crew.
Haha, you're right - I totally forgot about this week's cover story. It would be interesting to know what actually happened back then, but I think we'll have to wait a little bit more for Oda to reveal that.
I like your idea of Drake entering Kaido's crew. This could lead to the former Super Rookies batteling each other, which I'd find really neat.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:42   Link #104
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Sure, this could be the case, but my original point was, that Blackbeard doesn't have to provoke Luffy. Things between them are already set in motion.
True, it's more of a matter of when they clash, and attacking Dressrosa would make it happen sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. On the other hand, the admirals made it their priority to kill Luffy after witnessing him, using CoC and I bet the word has spread to Blackbeard. But as Whitebeard already said, overconfidence is one of his greatest weaknesses.
The admirals witnessed Luffy using CoC during the war when he still hadn't mastered it yet. Like you said, Blackbeard is overconfident, and it's possible he doesn't care about the mastery. It's also possible that he's underestimating Luffy, and doesn't think he can do it in so short a time. Boa Hancock stated that she hadn't mastered it yet even though she's known about it for far longer, so it might be something that generally takes a while to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I like your idea, since Scotch is still guarding the island; however, I'm also under the impression that the Supernovas aren't the type to bow to anyone. If Drake is in Kaido's crew, it'll be with an ulterior motive (like Law serving the WG). A double-cross may be in the future.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 14:13   Link #105
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, Aohige gave a full summary, so I updated the first post. Interesting how it seems Dofla basically succeeded where Crocodile failed in Alabasta (stealing the throne from a king, that is).....
Indeed. But Crocodile only failed because Luffy was there. And Doflamingo is about to lose it all because Luffy is there. LOL

Also, in the text you typed in the main box. The toy soldier didn't discover her corpse. She obviously wasn't a corpse when he found her seeing as before she died she told him where Rebecca was and that the food was for her and she was starving.
Old 2013-09-18, 00:26   Link #106
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Why is there only a break for One Piece?
Old 2013-09-18, 01:00   Link #107
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why is there only a break for One Piece?
Oda's health has been quite poorly lately. Hopefully soon he'll be fighting fit and ready to resume a regular release schedule.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 09:01   Link #108
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Oda's health has been quite poorly lately. Hopefully soon he'll be fighting fit and ready to resume a regular release schedule.
I think this is one of his regular breaks. Every 3-6 weeks he takes one week off to do other One Piece related things like work on movies, make One Piece characters for games or shows, oversee one piece related projects like the art exhibition and make prizes for talk shows and many other things.
One Piece has as only Manga series 2 Editors. One only for the Manga, the other for everything else related to One Piece and there is a lot. It is immensely huge popularity wise in Japan.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 09:48   Link #109
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
I think this is one of his regular breaks. Every 3-6 weeks he takes one week off to do other One Piece related things.
It used to be once every several months.
This break is far to close to the last batch of breaks, particularly considering that the manga is the main vehicle, for it to be for attending to merchandising matters.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 03:12   Link #110
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
It used to be once every several months.
This break is far to close to the last batch of breaks, particularly considering that the manga is the main vehicle, for it to be for attending to merchandising matters.
Maybe like 5 years ago. For the last couple of years he's pretty much consistently taken a break once every two months if not once a month.

I don't blame him either. The word on the street is he works seven days a week and sleeps 3 or 4 hours a night. I'm sure as the most succesful mangaka in Japan by a land slide he has the leverage to take an occasional day off more frequently than most.

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2013-09-23 at 03:30.
ashesatdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:17   Link #111
marvelB

Break is over guys, so you know what that means....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 04:09   Link #112
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Break is over guys, so you know what that means....
Icecream?
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote