AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 09:02   Link #8101
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I see

After those explnations, I think I will just continue volume one. Does feels a little awkard thrown into a story with no start, but hopefully the blanks get filled in.

I am kinda hoping it elabourates on his career ending injury. The pretense I was kinda hoping to this story, was his baseball dream was shattered after his injury (shattered emotionally too), only for a new door to awaken for this champion thing. Now learning of its unoridanary begining. I get the feeling its just going to bypass this :/
Well Godou is just a middle school when he had his injury. So it won't be that interesting. Also Godou being a Campione wasn't exactly his choice at all.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:53   Link #8102
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Well Godou is just a middle school when he had his injury. So it won't be that interesting. Also Godou being a Campione wasn't exactly his choice at all.
Having a career ending injury isn't all that rare to begin with. So I think the author won't elaborate on that part. I think Godou's parent is more interesting than that.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:18   Link #8103
Breimoon

the same happened to gordon ramsay during his football dream, and he became one of the most know chef in the world.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:20   Link #8104
Kadi
知識の探求者

The injury, or its emotional consequences, are elaborated a bit. Not too deeply, not too emo and, most importantly and thankfully, not with the emotional sledgehammer that some other LNs like to use. If you look for it, you can easily find Godou dealing with it in V3, and it's a lot more obvious in V11. However, if want some deeply emotional drama, a crushed hero struggling to overcome his trauma, you'll probably be disappointed, but the injury is not forgotten. Personally, I liked the tone, but tastes differ. And at some point I turned into a bit of a Campione Baka (a tiny bit), so I may not not be the most objective person in this regard.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:13   Link #8105
Velsy

After reading a bit of the first volume, I have to say. I dont particually like Erica that much, but... her taunting and insults kinda makes things interesting. Could also be partially because she was a sore looser when he defeated her in that duel. She complained about him not letting her finish her spell? What enemy in there right mind would wait until there opponet finishes casting there spell? The charge was a valid tactic, how is it pethedic? . I dont know if she was just taunting again, but its a poor outlook especially for a knight who just lost a duel.

For the main guy Godou, I like him. He doesnt seem to be the mindless idiot that you see in alot of main charcaters. He actually fights back and tries to resist against Ericas onlaught of taunts. Even if in the end she still gets the last laugh. Kinda like guys who will give some stick back rather than letting themselves be trampled on. Also I praise characters who know and admit when they are not that popular or good looking.

Seems good so far, even with the chunk of story missing at the moment. Kinda hoping the little sis is a bro-con to mix things up.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 13:28   Link #8106
Ultragunner

Oh Erica, please read more vol you shall see....
Old 2013-09-24, 14:55   Link #8107
XFire
150% done

Quote:
After reading a bit of the first volume, I have to say. I dont particually like Erica that much, but... her taunting and insults kinda makes things interesting. Could also be partially because she was a sore looser when he defeated her in that duel. She complained about him not letting her finish her spell? What enemy in there right mind would wait until there opponet finishes casting there spell? The charge was a valid tactic, how is it pethedic? . I dont know if she was just taunting again, but its a poor outlook especially for a knight who just lost a duel.

For the main guy Godou, I like him. He doesnt seem to be the mindless idiot that you see in alot of main charcaters. He actually fights back and tries to resist against Ericas onlaught of taunts. Even if in the end she still gets the last laugh. Kinda like guys who will give some stick back rather than letting themselves be trampled on. Also I praise characters who know and admit when they are not that popular or good looking.

Seems good so far, even with the chunk of story missing at the moment. Kinda hoping the little sis is a bro-con to mix things up.
Do you mind spoilers? Hope not, if you're on this thread.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2013-09-24, 17:07   Link #8108
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

A little tip for you, Velsy: Don't judge any pf the characters until you saw how they act when under pressure. There are more to their characterization and their characters are somewhat dynamic and complex to a certain degree. The anime lost most of them, which was one of the main reqson we hate it. In the LN however,bar the volume they first appear, it usually shows those dynamicity so impressions of the characters won't last for long (like Erica V1, Erica V3, Erica V5, Erica V7, and Erica V11, all are somewhat different though there are some unifying deep character traits)
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 17:40   Link #8109
Hidfe

Quote:
Erica is a knight and prefers fair direct fights. For example if you are unarmed she will give you a weapon to fight with even though it would be easier to just stab the other party to death. She will use “tricks” if she has to win but she prefers a fair fight without any kind of tricks.
If that would be the real world it would be similar to when two boxers fight in the box ring and one goes: ”Hey, What’s that” and when the other one looks away, he punches him KO. Even though it would be a victory and it might be fair (don’t know boxing rules, let us just assume it would be fair) then even though it would be a victory it wouldn’t be a beautiful victory.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 18:26   Link #8110
Ultragunner

adding to these
Spoiler for Erica:
Old 2013-09-24, 19:51   Link #8111
Velsy

Right ^_^ , kinda just expressed my first impressions.

As for her lovely dovely thing, at this point and time I wasn't convinced, because I know alot of situations with people like that turning out to hold ulterior motives or betrayals. More like challenging myself to see through the possible deception. But more or less I was holdling my judgement back until I read more. I am indeed missing the the 6 months prior ^_^. I dont know what or how there first meeting was like. But seems from the responses here its general knowledge shes true to her word. So I can go with that.

I havent read that far, they only introduced Yuri and I get the feeling Godou has a yuri storm coming and I am alraedy laughing before its began. I dont think shes invited him to her place for a cup of tea ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-09-24, 20:15   Link #8112
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Right ^_^ , kinda just expressed my first impressions.

As for her lovely dovely thing, at this point and time I wasn't convinced, because I know alot of situations with people like that turning out to hold ulterior motives or betrayals. More like challenging myself to see through the possible deception. But more or less I was holdling my judgement back until I read more. I am indeed missing the the 6 months prior ^_^. I dont know what or how there first meeting was like. But seems from the responses here its general knowledge shes true to her word. So I can go with that.

I havent read that far, they only introduced Yuri and I get the feeling Godou has a yuri storm coming and I am alraedy laughing before its began. I dont think shes invited him to her place for a cup of tea ^_^
A "Yuri storm"? No. A "Yuri Atomic powered sharknado"? Closer.

Seriously, she can't even fight and she still scares me the most of all the girls.
Old 2013-09-25, 02:21   Link #8113
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Godou's still frightened more by Erica and her scary level of manipulation though. As much as he does love her and his knowledges of her love to him, it didn't change the fact that she's a manipulative girl.

That said, reading the first chapter again after reading V11 kind of... heartwrenching (kind of). After all they gone through in V11 he still questioned what Erica's doing? The somewhat easy acceptance of her words gave an entirely new meanings now that I read it again.
Old 2013-09-25, 03:42   Link #8114
Ultragunner

Erica is just the type of person that wants everything according to her agenda.
However, if there is something Godou himself needs, she won't hesitate to risk her life doing it (ah the more we talk about her, the more.....).

Godou is just a messed up type of guy , if he stood up straight and became a man that knew what he should do(and his feeling) as a Campione, Erica wouldn't need to do all the manipulative and troublesome things.

Spoiler for later vols:
Old 2013-09-25, 09:16   Link #8115
Velsy

keh, seems my opinions of Godou are starting to slightly change, starting to see his flaws, and his stupid ones at that.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-09-25, 09:32   Link #8116
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

He's kind of a hypocrite, have a confirmation bias, and have quite a myopia about his own actions. It's stupid, but Campiones are stupid after all. That's one negative perk that is one of the most heavily advertised one. But for some reason, not much people remembered it... or realize that it also applies to our protagonist too.

It takes long for him to man up to his flaws though. It's until V9 where Ena of all person managed to do it. Since reading that volume, Ena was my favorite girl in Godou's harem.
Old 2013-09-25, 10:05   Link #8117
Ultragunner

AAAA!!! I have found another comrade. Honestly, she is the one that has had the least screen time among the girls
Old 2013-09-25, 10:20   Link #8118
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
AAAA!!! I have found another comrade. Honestly, she is the one that has had the least screen time among the girls
As another Ena fan, I feel the need to point out that the author has no choice but to limit her screen time. Every time she shows up she manages to break down Godous defenses in a matter of moments. If she showed up as much as the other girls, Godou would already have the same personality as Youth Form.
Old 2013-09-25, 10:39   Link #8119
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I think it's also part of her characterization and insecurities too. That she's the last and the one that could spend the least time with Godou. But still, yeah, first time she appeared, it was a great step with Erica. The second time it was that one kiss scene. The third time it made Godou accept that he does love them. The fourth 'broke' him.
Old 2013-09-25, 10:54   Link #8120
J4n1

I think the main strength Ena has is that she does not try to be anything she is not.
She's in love, so she acts like she is in love, and fuck any social mores that say she should not be open about it.

Erica has her pride and manipulations that often either keep her from Godou, or make Godou suspicious of her.
Yuri tries to be the demure maiden and distances herself away from Godou
Liliana tries to be the knight and Chamberlain
Spoiler:
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem