AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2005-01-04, 18:57   Link #81
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
/sigh and in the states we are only up to Vol 3

wrong...Vol 4 came out a week ago...goes back to reading Volume 4
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 22:14   Link #82
DeuceTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Heh and here I am holding a nice 15% any book at Borders. I'm OFF!
That's the spirit.

If that listing site was correct, we have about one day before the show airs in Japan. Hopefully some kind soul from across the Pacific pond (or some crafty person with access to TV Tokyo) will tell us how the pilot episode was.
DeuceTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 22:19   Link #83
GyroidFanatic

12 hours and 30 minutes to be exact
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 03:53   Link #84
Archaic

Damn, I'm glad I actually read this thread. I hadn't realised Negima started tonight. Never fear, I'll have a full summary for you all tomorrow.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 12:11   Link #85
Archaic

So much for a full summary. But hey, at least you're getting it earlier than I promised.

Amakatsu-sensei never wrote any yaoi doujin, did he? The first episode had what Id thought might be a homage to his frequent doujinshi writing, but somehow, I don't think that was one of his.

Anyway, fairly boring first ep to be honest. Kind of assumes you've seen that preview from last year for the initial setup, and it's just the 1st half of the 1st chapter of the manga with a few changes. Nothing special. Most of the voices sound fairly well placed at least. Ecchi levels are slightly down compared to the manga so far, but that's to be expected, it's on TV-Tokyo.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 22:00   Link #86
eggplant
Eggplant

Not that I want to revive this thread from the dead, especially since the December attack wiped out the existence of the anime in this forum (to the relief of many), but I deem that this is the most appropriate place to mention the following.

I bought Negima! Volume 13 today, and on the flap of the front cover, where Akamatsu-sensei makes his comments, was written:

・と、どうやら次の14巻・たりで、重大・表ができそう です、ご期待下さい。 (^^)

This would translate out to: "Also, it looks like around the time Volume 14 is out, we can make an important announcement. Please look forward to it."

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I construe this as to be the announcement of the second anime series.
I mean, what else could be as important as this?

So, on the premise that there will be a second series, let's speculate on the possible scenarios.

Will it be a sequel from season one, as it left untied knots, particularly with Nagi?

Will it proceed with the other arcs not covered in season one, Kotarou, Culture Festival, the contest...hm, not much to cover unless they add in some original plot lines like they had to for season one (I wonder if anyone will remember of what transpired with Asuna)?

Then again, season probably won't start airing until late 2006 or early 2007, so some of the current manga storylines will likely be used too.

In any case, I just hope that animators have decent time to prepare for this, unlike season one which must have been productional mayhem (shame on you Konami for rushing the release), which painfully showed in the quality.

Volume 14 will be out around March to April, so it's not likely we would know until then if there'll be a season two or not, but judging from the continual popularity of Negima!, it would be a viable move.

I, for one, am looking forward to a second season, and wonder what others think of it.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 23:57   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We can only hope a second season is done with an entirely competent animation group ... and writers that don't rape the storyline so bad. I would like to see the martial arts girls get better quality screen time (Setsuna, Tatsumiya, Kaede, etc.).
They could just start after that stupid season closer assuming the demon had been vanquished and at least carry on with the present day activities.
Even better would be a complete restart but I know better.
Sometimes its better just to ignore the plotholes and trainwreck of a first season and carry on.

I'm not normally a fan of "fighting" anime but this one contains enough relationship and storyline to be entertaining.
Old 2006-01-24, 13:10   Link #88
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
We can only hope a second season is done with an entirely competent animation group ... and writers that don't rape the storyline so bad. I would like to see the martial arts girls get better quality screen time (Setsuna, Tatsumiya, Kaede, etc.).
They could just start after that stupid season closer assuming the demon had been vanquished and at least carry on with the present day activities.
Even better would be a complete restart but I know better.
Sometimes its better just to ignore the plotholes and trainwreck of a first season and carry on.

I'm not normally a fan of "fighting" anime but this one contains enough relationship and storyline to be entertaining.
Yes, you are right .Like the animation grup assigned for episode 24.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 13:33   Link #89
eggplant
Eggplant

It was announced that there will be at least 2 new anime releases of Negima, so I wasn't that far off on my post above.

So here goes the rough translation:

Spoiler for new Negima anime image 1:

Spoiler for new Negima anime image 2:

Okay, so apparently these two episodes will be an OVA shown at an event.
The staff is completely Pani Poni Dash! which is definitely worth seeing.
I believe that this is also the precursor for the second anime series, so it looks like Negima! is still on the move.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 15:09   Link #90
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

is there anything about if they somewhat follow the path from the failure or do they clean the blackboard and pretty much start all over (prey for the last ...)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 15:21   Link #91
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
The new anime is consists of a Spring Edition and a Summer Edition!!
Amazingly, there will be two new anime! Although it is currently under production, the Srping Edition will air at the event in srpingtime. Plus, we have obtained information that the stage of the story will take place on a south island. That means, we may get to see the swimsuits at the sea, beach, and jungle! WIll the Summer Edition be shown at a summer festival? Can't wait to see it!
Oo... this doesn't look so good. Keep in mind that if the old anime continued, the next thing they would do is volume 7, which contains the trip to the southern island with Ayaka...

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot that the anime's timeline wouldn't allow for this. It started at the begining of the school year (in March/April) and ended in late October.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 15:40   Link #92
justsomeguy

Nice new look! A bit too intense looking, but many steps up from the Xebec shit. Now all they need to do is pretend that Mahou Sensei Destiny did not happen, and we'll be all set.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 17:17   Link #93
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What we (the Negima fans, especially manga fans) have to ponder is if the new season is produced by another studio not Xebec and is it going to follow the manga storyline faithfully this time?

The animation for the characters looks quite refined and improved upon. It reminds me a lot to the animation art from Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~.

And no doubt it reminds me of Tsukuyomi because studio Shaft is taking charge in this Negima season.

Evangeline's animation design looks pretty much to outmatch Hazuki with fair ease.
http://catmania.blog13.fc2.com/blog-entry-1020.html
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 23:09   Link #94
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Wow--I love Pani Poni Dash and Tsukuyomi, so I can't wait to see what the same team can do with Negima. The animation in the first season of Negima, especially episode 10, still gives me nightmares. I'm probably in the minority, though, in that I don't care if they follow the manga exactly--in the first season, for example, I thought episode 19 (Sayo-chan's story) was a lot better than the manga version. If the PPD staff can pull off some good original work like that while still keeping within the overall framework of the manga, this could be awesome. And when you have 31 bishoujo you need a director who understands good character design and fanservice (which Akamatsu has down to a science himself)--and it sounds like now Negima will have that.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 01:24   Link #95
ayyo

Eh, I love the team that did Tsukuyomi and PPD! and all, but I can't but be disappointed that their next project would be Negima. Was hoping for two full season of something similar to Tsukuyomi and PPD! =\ It would be fine if they atleast do a whole season of Negima.

Oh well, and no Chiwa Saito will feel weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Evangeline's animation design looks pretty much to outmatch Hazuki with fair ease.
http://catmania.blog13.fc2.com/blog-entry-1020.html
Ehh, no way. I won't say 'outmatch with ease', even though Eva has a wardrobe of kawaii gothloli clothes, don't look down on the queen of nekomimi.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 02:48   Link #96
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I am cautiously vibrating with anticipation... if the PPD staff is handling the second Negima season, I'll keep both fingers crossed and extra donuts for the shrine.

and yes... ep 19 (Sayo) is the only reason I didn't chunk the whole first season into the /dev/null bucket.... that and the occasional 5 second snippets of Evangeline and the martial arts girls showing what they were capable of.

(back to the manga)
Old 2006-03-02, 09:37   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
even though Eva has a wardrobe of kawaii gothloli clothes, don't look down on the queen of nekomimi.
Even more reason why she's the best character in the story. >_>
Old 2006-03-02, 22:42   Link #98
ayyo

Yes, that she defiantely is
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 23:24   Link #99
musicgal

hmmmm

ahhh in singapore the volume is up to 9.. cant wait for the rest, is it true that the author is going to create the story until negi grows up?? i wonder if there are any love romance for that, asuna and negi reminds me of naru and keitaro.. bt of course mahou version lol! so ermm asuna and that library book girl.. what's going to happen next?? any love romance in this anime /manga? *_*
musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 10:51   Link #100
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Seems I'm still one of the few people that found the first season highly enjoyable. I haven't read the manga though, and even if I did I wouldn't go into an anime with pre-conceived ideas of 'how it should be', so I'd likely still enjoy it just as much. Well, either way I'm happy to see another season being made, can't wait for it to start

edit: And I'd love to see more of Sayo, she's probably my second favourite character, right after Eva.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote