AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-25, 12:56   Link #1
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Famitsu/Sneaker Bunko Discussion Thread

Famitsu Bunko (ファミ通文庫) is a publishing label affiliated with the Japanese publishing company Enterbrain.

Kadokawa Sneaker (角川スニーカー文庫) is a publishing label affiliated with the Japanese publishing company Kadokawa Shoten.

Famitsu Bunko is well known for titles like (BakaToTest, InuHasa, Hikaru, Kokoro Connect, etc.)

Spoiler for kinda large:

Sneaker Bunko is well known for titles like (Haruhi, Dantalian, Rental Magica, Mondaiji, etc.)

This thread is created to discuss some of the news, topics, newest and old releases/d under these imprints that has no specific thread.

For those LN readers who knew some titles that's never been popular but under these two imprints who wants to people be enlightened good or bad, or anything that you want to suggest that have to do under this LN imprint, feel free to do so.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-09-25, 13:05   Link #2
JoksPacifist

It's just me or Famitsu always have some video game
based novels each release ? Not the theme, but a already published product.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:21   Link #3
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Taken from the MF thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami
Baka test is almost ending though, and bungaku shoujo and kokoro connect already end(Kyouran and Hikari also already ended I think?)
So that's what those posters meant when they mentioned something along the likes of Famitsu's incoming drought. Now it makes more sense to me.

I'm thinking of following 召喚主は家出猫 by 鷹見一幸 (Takami Kazuyuki). Has anyone read this yet, or are familiar with the author? Second volume's just about to come out in a few days, so it's most likely unheard of in this forum, but I'm hoping some people know of the author.

I hope Sneaker lets Sugihara-sensei continue with 聖剣の姫と神盟騎士団 for several more volumes. It's become a favorite of mine.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:25   Link #4
tsunade666

Hasn't Rental Magica also ended too?
Old 2013-09-25, 18:04   Link #5
Utsuro no Hako

Well Famitsu has Shinonome Yuuko which is supposed to be really good.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 20:50   Link #6
larethian

Why combine these 2 bunko labels? And what about the other smaller imprints?

Sneaker actually has a quality line-up to stand by itself (though it seems to be boarding the ecchi/harem train to survive/thrive??? with some of its titles).

Cross x Regalia by RM's author. And it's somewhat easier to read than RM.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 23:24   Link #7
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Why combine these 2 bunko labels? And what about the other smaller imprints?

Sneaker actually has a quality line-up to stand by itself (though it seems to be boarding the ecchi/harem train to survive/thrive??? with some of its titles).

Cross x Regalia by RM's author. And it's somewhat easier to read than RM.
about the other thread, I will try to create later on, that will be the GA + gagaga + Sdash.

I combined this since I thought that famitsu will easily rolled on the back, also for the sneaker (even though I knew sneaker can be on par with the previous 3. Aside from that most discussed today were from the 3 previous thread I opened (since most tled one was from those imprints) that's why I've just combined these 2
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-09-25, 23:56   Link #8
cloud04
Scanlator

recently..2 novels from sneaker got a manga version..
Old 2013-09-26, 05:55   Link #9
stellarroze

Has anyone read this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=6442
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:33   Link #10
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarroze View Post
omg, what are they doing :/

Quote:
(Kyouran and Hikari also already ended I think?)
KKN has ended quite a good time ago after 15 main volumes and 7 side stories volume. Well, it's Akira we 're talking about. For that author, writing two volumes of the same series in two months doesn't seem to be a problem, so obviously the series he write can be finished quite fast .

I read the third volume of this series a week or two ago, and discovered that the anime is quite different compared to the original material. While there's also a lot of stupid and comical stuff done by the characters, the LN seems to really be two faced just like its characters, with a lot of heavy subjects, tormented characters, as well as some gruesome scenes here and there. The third volume had a far darker tone than its anime counterpart (even though that arc was adapted i nthe anime as well), and was far more interesting than the anime as well. Looking forward to the next volumes.

While I'm taking about looking forward to some famitsu bunko title, by the end of next week I'll start B.A.D. as well, who received a lot of praise volumes after volumes (currently up to the 11th volume, still running) from its readers.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-09-27 at 15:33.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 12:40   Link #11
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

BAD! I've heard a lot of good things for that one. Do share with us your impressions of it once you start reading!
Old 2013-09-26, 15:47   Link #12
JoksPacifist

Quote:
This is pure Gold.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:24   Link #13
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

By the way, has anyone purchased something off Famitsu Bunko recently? They seem to have something going on right now for their 15th anniversary, as these were included in my shipment. It's probably only for newly-released titles, I guess?
Old 2013-09-27, 11:18   Link #14
Zefyris
図書館狼

Last purchase was in may, I didn't see anything in the 9 volumes I purchased from famitsu at that time. NExt purchase is in december, maybe there will be some there?

Quote:
BAD! I've heard a lot of good things for that one. Do share with us your impressions of it once you start reading!
Of course I will, especially if the novel is as good as I heard :3.
.. Only 3 more volumes to read before starting B.A.D. vol 1.
Old 2013-09-27, 13:04   Link #15
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Really? Hmm...maybe it's for select titles, or something just recently. I'll have to check Famitsu Bunko's blog soon for more details.

My next set of purchases will probably be in December as well! I'll be buying up mostly Famitsu Bunko titles, like getting the second volume of 夜姫と亡国の六姫士, then volumes 1 to 4 of 覇剣の皇姫アルティーナ; hopefully 黒鋼の魔紋修復士 8 as well, since the afterword for volume 7 mentioned that it would come out either November or December.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:00   Link #16
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

B.A.D. is pretty good, I must say. Certainly way beyond the average amongst those that I read.

What I like about Famitsu is that they rope in their authors to write 'themed stories'. A selection of authors will write short stories based on the theme given to them, and release them all in an anthology. For example, '3 minutes - Boy Meet Girls' has works from 19 authors, based on the themes, but with different ideas. You can get ideas from the authors of Baka Test, Sasami-san, Kokoro Connect, Bungaku Shoujo, and marvel at the variety of ideas they can think of given a relatively restrictive theme like this.

For Famitsu's future, I do think it can still do well compared to Kadokawa Sneaker. Nomura Mizuki, for example, has confirmed she will continue to write for Famitsu (though it's a vampire story.........I know......). And yes, she has confirmed that she had finished writing Hikaru.

As for Kadokawa Sneaker, I have lot quite a bit of interest in this brand after the end of Rental Magica, but I will continue to keep an eye on this.

Quote:
Here's where a famous aesop comes in play
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 12:03   Link #17
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
B.A.D. is pretty good, I must say. Certainly way beyond the average amongst those that I read.
Can that be found in our Kino and what's the genre?
Old 2013-10-02, 13:24   Link #18
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I wish my place had a local Kino. :(

I haven't checked out any of Famitsu Bunko's short story anthologies. :o They sure sound interesting!
Old 2013-10-04, 01:47   Link #19
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Can that be found in our Kino and what's the genre?
Preorder (Of all the Famitsu titles they have, the most stock they have are Baka Test, Kokoro Connect...and Dress na Boku dan). It's actually a mystery story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
I wish my place had a local Kino.

I haven't checked out any of Famitsu Bunko's short story anthologies. They sure sound interesting!
Here's a little sample.

http://hereticlnt.blogspot.sg/p/3-bmg.html
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 02:46   Link #20
Seitsuki
Onee!

Our Queen will rise again! All hail the immortal reign of the God Empress!!

Hey, there've been worse waits.

Tags
publisher/imprint, shounen