AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 2 5.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 32.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 10.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-30, 14:41   Link #81
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I think the most silly part of the "despair" disaster is that someone actually went all the trouble to modify world wonders with the effigy of Monokuma, that's not something that people in despair would do, rather fanatic enthusiasts.
The fact that then everyone wears masks of Monokuma is yet another thing that doesn't mesh well with the despair theme. This doesn't look like a world filled with despair to me, more like a world where some kind of retarded anarchic cult took over.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 15:23   Link #82
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Well, that was never explained in any source material so far. But there can be only 2 explanation. Either the "cult" worships SHSL Despair to an extreme extent, or SHSL Despair itself has it's own artistic preference with regards to the world's environment. They have practically taken over the world after all.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:49   Link #83
Preciize
Them Feels~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Not sure if anyone already said this, but maybe it's as simple as people are being controlled by the masks. Maybe the masks were advertised, say, for Halloween and once people put them on they could be controlled by Junko. Then Junko orders those people to go around putting the Monobear masks on others who haven't worn it yet.
__________________
Preciize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 02:02   Link #84
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
I must say... the most despairing thing from this anime is they're actually classmate for 2 years.. then they're killing each other
That's just painful....
too bad that anime didn't pursue about that stuff
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 02:50   Link #85
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Not sure if anyone already said this, but maybe it's as simple as people are being controlled by the masks. Maybe the masks were advertised, say, for Halloween and once people put them on they could be controlled by Junko. Then Junko orders those people to go around putting the Monobear masks on others who haven't worn it yet.
Umm no. It is very clear that despair is spreading and influencing the world (refer to my previous posts). Unless, the masks have a despair hypnosis function in it. There is no way the masks can control them. Don't forget, it is mentioned by Kyoko that SHSL Despair may not be just Junko and Mukuro alone. If it's really made up by the two, then Junko is a super duper villain, then you thesis might be right. If not, there are other SHSL Despair out there.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 09:24   Link #86
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Finally watched it, Ill say out of all the epis this was probably my least fave, it was set up so easily that Junko would be found guilty and that she was going to enjoy dying. The "Hope" bullets were....stupid. I didnt like them throughout the series, really didnt like them in this one.

I did like the the only person who Naegi didnt have to use a bullet on was Sho

Althought he's an ass Im glad Byakuya lived
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:05   Link #87
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Unless, the masks have a despair hypnosis function in it.
And how exactly is one supposed to think that that would be too ridiculous to be true?
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 16:53   Link #88
Preciize
Them Feels~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
Umm no. It is very clear that despair is spreading and influencing the world (refer to my previous posts). Unless, the masks have a despair hypnosis function in it. There is no way the masks can control them. Don't forget, it is mentioned by Kyoko that SHSL Despair may not be just Junko and Mukuro alone. If it's really made up by the two, then Junko is a super duper villain, then you thesis might be right. If not, there are other SHSL Despair out there.
I think if Junko was able to erase people's memories, it's very possible she could use some kind of hypnosis function with the masks to control people. And why can't a Despair organization use the masks? Why can it only be possible with the twins alone?
__________________
Preciize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 18:32   Link #89
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
I think if Junko was able to erase people's memories, it's very possible she could use some kind of hypnosis function with the masks to control people. And why can't a Despair organization use the masks? Why can it only be possible with the twins alone?
Her despair being contagious is is the best explaination there is, see it as her ability as SHL Despair, I don't want to spoiler Dangan Ronpa IF though, so I can't eleborate on it.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 19:32   Link #90
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Personally the fact that the school was airtight (an air purifier was used) and the fact that Junko said that despair is contagious somehow made me think that there is an actual virus involved.

However it's not really conclusive, it might be that the school being airtight was done as a way to prevent some hooligan outside from killing them all with poisonous gas after finding the air ducts.
Well I'm actually not sure how much this makes sense anyway, because this isn't a bunker what we're talking about right? It's a very tall building so air ducts could be placed on the top.

If they feared some kind of external attack there's still the chance that they will use explosives or even tanks. The school must either have some kind of defenses (in which case they might as well protect air ducts) or a heavy attack from outside isn't expected.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 00:04   Link #91
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Personally the fact that the school was airtight (an air purifier was used) and the fact that Junko said that despair is contagious somehow made me think that there is an actual virus involved.

However it's not really conclusive, it might be that the school being airtight was done as a way to prevent some hooligan outside from killing them all with poisonous gas after finding the air ducts.
Well I'm actually not sure how much this makes sense anyway, because this isn't a bunker what we're talking about right? It's a very tall building so air ducts could be placed on the top.

If they feared some kind of external attack there's still the chance that they will use explosives or even tanks. The school must either have some kind of defenses (in which case they might as well protect air ducts) or a heavy attack from outside isn't expected.
It has sentry turrets. (Seriously)

Spoiler for Cut-Content:
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 02:22   Link #92
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Personally the fact that the school was airtight (an air purifier was used) and the fact that Junko said that despair is contagious somehow made me think that there is an actual virus involved.

However it's not really conclusive, it might be that the school being airtight was done as a way to prevent some hooligan outside from killing them all with poisonous gas after finding the air ducts.
Well I'm actually not sure how much this makes sense anyway, because this isn't a bunker what we're talking about right? It's a very tall building so air ducts could be placed on the top.

If they feared some kind of external attack there's still the chance that they will use explosives or even tanks. The school must either have some kind of defenses (in which case they might as well protect air ducts) or a heavy attack from outside isn't expected.
The reason why the outside air is dangerous is more likely due to the fact that a man made apocalypse as occurred. Random murders being one thing, there are also despair terrorism as well. Given the level of destruction shown, I wouldn't be surprised if bomb strikes, bio warfare, or radiation hazards have happened. The sky is practically red in the video clips which show that the environment is very bad. Contagious despair in this case is more of an influence rather than a virus.

The game is set up by Junko as SHSL Despair. With despair becoming a majority of the world's population, and the events in the school being telecasted live, only hope will try to attack the school to save the students. Those people are shot down at the gates, creating more despair. If Junko is treated as a Despair God, then it is unlikely any attacks to the school is done by the despair side.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:43   Link #93
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
The reason why the outside air is dangerous is more likely due to the fact that a man made apocalypse as occurred. Random murders being one thing, there are also despair terrorism as well. Given the level of destruction shown, I wouldn't be surprised if bomb strikes, bio warfare, or radiation hazards have happened. The sky is practically red in the video clips which show that the environment is very bad. Contagious despair in this case is more of an influence rather than a virus.

The game is set up by Junko as SHSL Despair. With despair becoming a majority of the world's population, and the events in the school being telecasted live, only hope will try to attack the school to save the students. Those people are shot down at the gates, creating more despair. If Junko is treated as a Despair God, then it is unlikely any attacks to the school is done by the despair side.
You are looking at the situation from the wrong assumption. The school being turned as a shelter wasn't Junko's idea to begin with. Rather the school was supposed to hold its ground indefinitely in face of the disaster that occurred in the rest of the world.

If you put bomb strikes or any kind of organized military attack in the picture the headmaster's plan was bound to fail.
Either Kirigiri (father) was a fool, or the apparent situation didn't lead him to expect anything more than a mass of mindless zombie-like rioters.

What I'm basically trying to do is speculating on what the big disaster could have been by analyzing the countermeasures adopted by Kirigiri. For example the fact that the school was barricaded and fortified means that he was expecting some kind of attack, however the fact that he chose a tall building rather than a bunker and that he didn't choose to flee in some other isolated place to me suggests that he wasn't expecting an organized military attack. Because there's no way they could have resisted bombings indefinitely.

So the remaining question is why he deemed necessary to make the school airtight and create an air purifier to sustain the people inside.
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-10-02 at 14:58.
Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 23:24   Link #94
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I see. Sorry for misunderstanding.

In the game, there are actually 2 incidents that occurred. The first is mentioned way back in the earlier episodes where there is a note saying that the school is closed down due to "The Worst Incident in Kibougamine Academy History". The second incident is the despair apocalypse. Both happens while the cast is still in school, but I won't say which came first. So the school is practically the most reasonable choice for the headmaster. I have also stated previously there is an important reason why only these students plus the headmaster is involved in the shelter project, instead of the entire school. But that is major spoilers for the sequel.

The shelter project is basically for the students to live in the school till the end of apocalypse or eternity. The video shows their consent. Thus the abundant food supply and air purifier (I don't think it mentioned how food is stocked up, but I guess the headmaster and Junko has their methods). The sealing up of the doors and windows are done by the students themselves. The rest are all installed by Junko.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 01:12   Link #95
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Well the story also doesn't seem to mention if they have a water purifier as well or if they get water from somewhere and also where do they get the energy from. Though I suppose there's simply some kind of generator with a huge reserve of gasoline or such.

There's also a limit to how long food can be preserved and only a very limited variety can last for more than 50 years regardless of the system used. But then again we got giant carnivorous plants, memory erasers, extremely advanced robots and AI, why should I be surprised if they got some kind of futuristic food preservation system?

At any rate unless I'm mistaken the school was supposed to be completely self-sufficient.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 14:32   Link #96
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
All we know is that "Each night, the kitchen is somehow restocked".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 08:41   Link #97
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
That was the most terribly and poorly portrayed apocalypse ever. Tyler Durden's plan to bring down civilization was more sound, a Zombie apocalypse and the rage plague from the 28... Later movies were more believable.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.