AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 16 11.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 31.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 21.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-26, 10:32   Link #61
twh
Something or other...
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Yes... Nina's "father Fixation' has been kinda disturbing since episode 1 and they've yet to resolve it. It'd take nothing short of a character death to get rid of it, though I hope they don't kill off Sergei. He's been too central to the plot and Nagi's EEEEEVIL designs.

And Preston: Pot. Kettle. Black. You know the rest.
__________________
twh is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 11:09   Link #62
animeallen
SOS 団 ☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: フィリピン
Send a message via AIM to animeallen Send a message via MSN to animeallen Send a message via Yahoo to animeallen
I'd say the kiss on shizuru is more disturbing...
__________________
animeallen is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 11:27   Link #63
Silveril
Chopper Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
how bout the "we hear clothes being taken off" being even more disturbing?!
dont do that to shiz/nats ~~
Silveril is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 11:27   Link #64
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Everything you've written in the last few weeks
Gee... I sure wish I had time to go on forums of anime I don't like and just complain about every single facet of the series.

Is it expressly against the rules? No. But it is really childish and irritating. If you dislike Mai Otome so much... then stop watching it. Mai Otome is not a series for everyone. No one is forcing you to download these raws, then subsequently the subs, only to whine about it on these forums.
Tremalkinger is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 12:27   Link #65
Shigan
Forever a Journey
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Close to the northpole
This episode kinda dropped in quality... everything from storypace and animation was just a tad bit worse than usual, and Arika's going into questionmode in front of Midori about Otome was just plain painful. Eugh

Interesting thou, so Tomoe do know that the one Shizuru is cruising after is Natsuki? Why else lie about her whereabouts?

I had like to believe that Shizuru is screwing Tomoe for information Althou Shizuru's almighty gaydar might have tipped her off about what Tomoe where about to do, it would have been nice if the animators gave her a little more expressions during the act. -_- Why do the most obvious yuri scene be given the worst animation evah? Arika and Mashiro had more action going in the Jabbar than the Shiz/Tom.
Shigan is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 12:44   Link #66
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Hmm.. not a lot of people posting.. this is worrying.. or perhaps no-one knows the forums are back up yet.
Heh, I enquired about the same thing in the episode 19 thread. I guess Mai-Otome is *somehwhat* losing its smooth-ness in story-telling. I feel as if its missing something...not sure what the heck it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
To get back on topic - is it clear how Fia managed to find the Aswad village or it's just the blind luck of the villain?
Is it really that surprising? I mean, if villians like Nagi can infiltrate, with the help of Schwarz, Mashiro's castle and eventually WindBloom, why would Fia be unable to find some desert village?

Not forgetting that Fia's king had once made a deal with Aswad, and that it is not impossible to send followers to find out the location of the village as Aswad leaves the castle.
__________________
Eclipze is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 12:48   Link #67
KiraDouji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Heh, I enquired about the same thing in the episode 19 thread. I guess Mai-Otome is *somehwhat* losing its smooth-ness in story-telling. I feel as if its missing something...not sure what the heck it is.

Yes, appearantly everyone simultaneously decided that their life/job/etc was more important than posting in forums... or something. Honestly I just think it was due to the forum down time. I didn't know the forums were up for a long while either.

My opinions on this episode have more or less been expressed. I would, as someone else mentioned, preferred Arika to come about the whole "being an otome = can help people and therefore is good" thing on her own instead of the plot device, but frankly I'm just glad she's not angsty anymore. Her little shout out with Mashiro was well done, though, I believe. I won't even begin on the ShizNat/ToShiz front, say that I'm expecting something equivalent to a "just kidding!" next ep.

I do think that Sunrise needs to pick up the pace a bit, though, if they intend to finish this in 26 episodes and fit everything in.

- Kira
__________________
All things are possible until they are proved impossible. And even the impossible may only be so, as of now.
- Pearl S. Buck
KiraDouji is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 12:58   Link #68
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Is it really that surprising? I mean, if villians like Nagi can infiltrate, with the help of Schwarz, Mashiro's castle and eventually WindBloom, why would Fia be unable to find some desert village?

Not forgetting that Fia's king had once made a deal with Aswad, and that it is not impossible to send followers to find out the location of the village as Aswad leaves the castle.
Everyone knows where Windbloom is while the whereabouts of the Aswad village is apparently a secret and I already complained at lenghts about that so the conclusion would be that two wrongs don't make it right. But I had actually forgotten that the king of that country had made a deal with Aswad, so that would be a somewhat plausible explanation, although it sure shows Midori and gang as being quite careless, being followed to their village.
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 13:36   Link #69
philip72
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pekopon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
This episode kinda dropped in quality... everything from storypace and animation was just a tad bit worse than usual
Yeah, I've noticed a bit of a downgrade in the animation lately as well, and overall Mai Otome's animation does not seem as deep and colorful as Mai HiME's was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
I had like to believe that Shizuru is screwing Tomoe for information Althou Shizuru's almighty gaydar might have tipped her off about what Tomoe where about to do, it would have been nice if the animators gave her a little more expressions during the act. -_- Why do the most obvious yuri scene be given the worst animation evah? Arika and Mashiro had more action going in the Jabbar than the Shiz/Tom.

NO NO NO Shigan!

It was NOT a yuri scene at all, but simply Tomoe trying to get fresh with Shizuru. Everyone says there were the sounds of clothing being removed, but all I heard was one sound of fabric rustling for less than an 8/10 of a second. That noise could have been a host of other things than just clothes coming off.

Where is your faith in our Shizuru?

And to think you once called yourself the "High Priestess of ShizNat".

I'm taking over now!

You just hand over the raiment's and the fancy priestess hat, and go sit in the corner and think about your heresy.

Can boys be priestesses?
philip72 is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 13:55   Link #70
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Blue Ridge Mountain High
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Where is your faith in our Shizuru?

And to think you once called yourself the "High Priestess of ShizNat".

I'm taking over now!

You just hand over the raiment's and the fancy priestess hat, and go sit in the corner and think about your heresy.

Can boys be priestesses?
ROTFLMFAO!

Ok that's the funniest thing I've read in a long while. If you really want to know if boys can be priestesses, you should contact RuPaul, the Drag Queen of Cool.

I agree with Shigan though about the animation quality (I was ranting to a few people about this the other day) and how odd Midori looked. I think the words I used were "Midori looks like she was on Weight Watchers." And the animation vacillated wildly with Arika. Wah! And there was some Picasso-esque cubist thing going on that I really just couldn't get past.
__________________
"We pretend to be civilised but only blood sacrifice quiets the murderer within."
--Sappho, from Erica Jong's Sappho's Leap
Kieli is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 14:13   Link #71
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
I agree with Shigan though about the animation quality (I was ranting to a few people about this the other day) and how odd Midori looked. I think the words I used were "Midori looks like she was on Weight Watchers." And the animation vacillated wildly with Arika. Wah! And there was some Picasso-esque cubist thing going on that I really just couldn't get past.
I didn't really see anything strange with Midori this episode (though, maybe I just didn't notice, I should probably go back and watch it again). But right before the ShizTom scene, Tomoe's face morphed pretty painfully while she was contemplating kissing Shizuru. It was like they couldn't decide what expression to give her, so they gave her a different one every frame. And straight after that, the close up of Shizuru's face was also pretty poor. Come to think of it, every single close up of Shizuru in all of Mai Otome has looked strange. Unfortunate, too, because it was distracting from a really good scene.

And... why exactly did the scene between Shizuru and Tomoe cause such an outcry from ShizNat shippers? You guys know its going to come back to either (a) Tomoe doing something tragically horrible to either Shizuru or Natsuki, and the other going crazy for vengence... or (b) Natsuki coming in and rescuing Shizuru, and happy yuri love abound. I'm hoping for b myself, but any angle they take with it has lots of potential. You don't seriously think that ShizNat is in danger, right? Let Tomoe have her fun while she's alive.
Tremalkinger is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 14:17   Link #72
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
I didn't really see anything strange with Midori this episode (though, maybe I just didn't notice, I should probably go back and watch it again). But right before the ShizTom scene, Tomoe's face morphed pretty painfully while she was contemplating kissing Shizuru. It was like they couldn't decide what expression to give her, so they gave her a different one every frame. And straight after that, the close up of Shizuru's face was also pretty poor. Come to think of it, every single close up of Shizuru in all of Mai Otome has looked strange. Unfortunate, too, because it was distracting from a really good scene.

And... why exactly did the scene between Shizuru and Tomoe cause such an outcry from ShizNat shippers? You guys know its going to come back to either (a) Tomoe doing something tragically horrible to either Shizuru or Natsuki, and the other going crazy for vengence... or (b) Natsuki coming in and rescuing Shizuru, and happy yuri love abound. I'm hoping for b myself, but any angle they take with it has lots of potential. You don't seriously think that ShizNat is in danger, right? Let Tomoe have her fun while she's alive.

Nah...for most of us our faith has been strengthened.

philip72's Shizuru temple should join forces with mine. The membership in my SHizuru temple is actually growing steadily and they are slowly learning the ways of the "Shizuru"....and her beloved "Biker babe"

--Lone Wolf
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 14:21   Link #73
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
I had like to believe that Shizuru is screwing Tomoe for information Althou Shizuru's almighty gaydar might have tipped her off about what Tomoe where about to do, it would have been nice if the animators gave her a little more expressions during the act. -_- Why do the most obvious yuri scene be given the worst animation evah? Arika and Mashiro had more action going in the Jabbar than the Shiz/Tom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
It was NOT a yuri scene at all, but simply Tomoe trying to get fresh with Shizuru. Everyone says there were the sounds of clothing being removed, but all I heard was one sound of fabric rustling for less than an 8/10 of a second. That noise could have been a host of other things than just clothes coming off.
That scene is troublesome ... it kinda points to the conlusion that this isn't the first time they did this sort of thing (at this point "thing" could mean anything) ... hope I'm wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Heh, I enquired about the same thing in the episode 19 thread. I guess Mai-Otome is *somehwhat* losing its smooth-ness in story-telling. I feel as if its missing something...not sure what the heck it is.
Defenetly not that ... the problem isn't the way they tell the story but the story itself (mostly the hole "who's the queen ?" crap ... and all the irritating little hints) ... besides that I don't really see anything wrong with the series ... true it could use some more attention in the animation department and the otome standards (atitude, robe design, robe powers, fighting style) aren't as "extravegant" as the plot would want us to belive ... but that's of no concern to me ... I'm guesing that most of the people here that are whining have read too mutch of the manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
This episode kinda dropped in quality... everything from storypace and animation was just a tad bit worse than usual, and Arika's going into questionmode in front of Midori about Otome was just plain painful. Eugh
Arika loosing herself is just plain painfull ... were's the Arinko that steps on other people's dreams and all her "grany sead" moments ... damn you Sunrise

Ohh well at least we get to see Yukino smile ...
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 14:41   Link #74
friendshipz
lilian gakuen
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: aoi sora
Age: 9
not only at the european site foum, in asian, mai otome forum has make a pretty big subject over at the site of forum. either shizxnat or shizxtomoe , some ppl cheered for wat tomoe had did and shizxnat fan argue back furiously, make quite a big impact ~ ~" tons of anti-tomoe ppl hope she end up in misery dead...

btw to me its a gd choice for sunrise to make shizuru without any emotional facial expression..
shizuru onee san knew it was coming from tomoe as evidence shown that she moved back her leg, but she was surprised that tomoe first contact wif her was a lipxlip rather than lipxcheek
so when tomoe kissed her lip she was than shocked and that dismay shown,than tomoe pushed her down...than %&%$@$#.... it was all tomoe one-sided love..

btw matrim... i enjoy every parts of filler from mai otome !!!especially maki maki maki...
__________________
friendshipz is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 14:44   Link #75
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Just thought I'd point out a couple things I barely caught in the preview for episode 21
1: Young, human Mikoto without the black and red aura
2: Chie in Artai's dark Otome robe

Also, this episode did noicely to advance the main plot of the series, setting up Nina and Arika to be the most likely candidates for Queen and Rena's daughter, leaving Mashiro as a truely fake Princess. Question then remains, who is Mashiro.
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 14:52   Link #76
philip72
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pekopon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
If you really want to know if boys can be priestesses, you should contact RuPaul, the Drag Queen of Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
Nah...for most of us our faith has been strengthened.

philip72's Shizuru temple should join forces with mine. The membership in my SHizuru temple is actually growing steadily and they are slowly learning the ways of the "Shizuru"....and her beloved "Biker babe"
Kieli

As my new avatar indicates, I have decide that ShizNat's is an equal opportunity employer, so I have now assumed the title with all it's benefits and responsibilities.
The robes are a little short, tight on the shoulders, too big on the chest (I'll get some falsies for that later) but otherwise surprisingly comfortable. Ohhhh, Linen


lone_wolf

We will have to convene a conclave to discuss matters of belief and doctrine.
Have your Bishops contact our administrative offices.

For more information on our doctrines you can pick up a copy of my 1968 work entitled "ShizNats Conquista Todo" or my seminal 1982 piece "ShizNats Ars gratia artis" at any Chapters or on Amazon.com.
philip72 is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 15:03   Link #77
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
I don´t want no girl girl. I want Mai!

The episode was OK, but it feels like the ending will be rushed a´la Destiny. We have 6 episodes left and our heroine´s isn´t even organized yet. Mai hasn´t appeared and her little "cat" friend inside the harmonium hasn´t made an appearance in color either...

Too much of Arika and too little of Mai, not good.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 15:13   Link #78
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Kieli

As my new avatar indicates, I have decide that ShizNat's is an equal opportunity employer, so I have now assumed the title with all it's benefits and responsibilities.
The robes are a little short, tight on the shoulders, too big on the chest (I'll get some falsies for that later) but otherwise surprisingly comfortable. Ohhhh, Linen


lone_wolf

We will have to convene a conclave to discuss matters of belief and doctrine.
Have your Bishops contact our administrative offices.

For more information on our doctrines you can pick up a copy of my 1968 work entitled "ShizNats Conquista Todo" or my seminal 1982 piece "ShizNats Ars gratia artis" at any Chapters or on Amazon.com.

LMAO!!!!!

分かりました。
Will do! I'll be sure to forward our temple’s current mission statement.

btw...your avatar...ROCKS! We received a letter from the great Shizuru-sama recommending that we change our current fabrics to silk...she mentioned it felt better on the skin and she's right. Length of attire is totally up to us of course but she did mention the shorter the better. ^_^



I'll have to agree with the drop in quality for ep. 20. Hmmm....here's hoping Hisayuki's main animation team is batting up for the rest of the episodes.


--Lone Wolf (of "ShizNat" temple 002)
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 16:59   Link #79
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Blue Ridge Mountain High
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
I don´t want no girl girl. I want Mai!
Then perhaps you should satisfy your Mai cravings with additional viewings of Mai HiME
Quote:
Too much of Arika and too little of Mai, not good.
Erm, you DO realise that Mai Otome was supposed to have Arika as the lead and not Mai? Mai may or may not show up until the very last two eps, who can say? *shrug*
Quote:
Kieli
As my new avatar indicates, I have decide that ShizNat's is an equal opportunity employer, so I have now assumed the title with all it's benefits and responsibilities.
The robes are a little short, tight on the shoulders, too big on the chest (I'll get some falsies for that later) but otherwise surprisingly comfortable. Ohhhh, Linen

lone_wolf
We will have to convene a conclave to discuss matters of belief and doctrine.
Have your Bishops contact our administrative offices.

For more information on our doctrines you can pick up a copy of my 1968 work entitled "ShizNats Conquista Todo" or my seminal 1982 piece "ShizNats Ars gratia artis" at any Chapters or on Amazon.com.
*laughing helplessly* I love the avatar but methinks it needs more Viola *ahem* I meant purple. And good lord, man, we forgot to give you your LESBRO membership card.

On a different note: I'm concerned at the slipshod animation for Otome. I have no idea what Sunrise's plans were for this anime but it's showing a considerable lack of care put into it that the storytelling is mediocre and the animation quality flips back and forth like a frog on a hot rock. Don't get me wrong, I love the new stronger Shizuru and the Commanding Presence of Natsuki but....overall? I'm worried. (oh and as Kourin just poked me about Natsuki, I must clarify....I love Gakuencho Natsuki but I miss the spine she used to have. Granted Shizuru is her right hand woman with the mad skillz and the brains but for the love of Patrick, Natsuki has been fobbed off as a comedic foil and it was funny for all of two seconds...not like in Mai Hime BUT....MH was an entity unto itself).
__________________
"We pretend to be civilised but only blood sacrifice quiets the murderer within."
--Sappho, from Erica Jong's Sappho's Leap
Kieli is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 17:31   Link #80
Urd
Airborne
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: portugal
Age: 29
I could be wrong, but...

Spoiler for child:
__________________
In position... Green light.. GO!
Urd is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.