AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 03:17   Link #41
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
^(Wilfri) That's my line. You were the one commenting about Acqua and Thor's behaviours, that had nothing to do with my point, you know.

Here I was sarcastically commenting about two cases where the guy still lost, even in the situations where he doesn't give up and stood up regardless of his wounds and chance of winning.
Then a random poster commented about how "but those guys didn't want to kill him, and the other one was just having fun!" (with the second one being wrong btw), to which I replied whilst sticking with my previous points ... and I'm the one at fault? Great, what a great debate indeed.

Thor went only almighty at the end? Don't care, Kamijou Touma still lost. That's the only thing that matters.
Old 2013-10-06, 03:28   Link #42
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Othinus is a fairy now right? If that symbolism is used then she'll be vulnerable to faries' weaknesses like cold iron, bells, clothing(), worts, etc.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 05:09   Link #43
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

^ And she's now immune to DRAGON.
Nice one, Kamachi.
Old 2014-01-29, 02:12   Link #44
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.

Location: In a place far, far away. Just joking, in my house.
This place dead? LETS LIVEN UP THE HOTHINUS PARTAAAYYYY!! WHERE IS TOUMAN!?!?!

On a more serious note, Othinus is gradually losing her Magic God powers due 100% Success/Failure thingy. Someone clarify this or at least correct me please.

Othinus is going to go dere dere on Touma

PS: Does this classify as spoilers?
Traitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 02:24   Link #45
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!

Dere Hothinus for the win!

Back on topic, I've noticed that the world of the story is the equivalent to Kamijou's ALPHA and OMEGA worlds combined.

With respect to Othinus losing her 100% gig, that seems to be the case. The Fairy Spell isn't something that was meant to give her more power but depower her. At first, it gave her the 100% failure rate and Othinus was able to craft Gungnir on her own as a result and stave off the effects from the Fairy Spell with it but once she lost Gungnir, the Fairy Spell began to take its toll on her. At least, that's how I see it.
Old 2014-01-29, 03:28   Link #46
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ And she's now immune to DRAGON.
Nice one, Kamachi.
I just noticed that pokemon reference lolz

Well, there are many interesting points about her character now. The problem is that they're all spoilerish...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 07:45   Link #47
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

I wonder now how Kamijou will save her from that life threatening situation. That fairy spell is really nasty. Maybe there is a cure from the 103,000 grimoires?
Old 2014-01-29, 07:49   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
I wonder now how Kamijou will save her from that life threatening situation. That fairy spell is really nasty. Maybe there is a cure from the 103,000 grimoires?
Give her an eye ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:20   Link #49
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Give her an eye ?
B-but she won't be Odin anymore...
Old 2014-01-29, 08:24   Link #50
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
B-but she won't be Odin anymore...
its fine, she will be a normal girl and Touma will take care of her. As a matter of fact. She is turning into a normal human girl but also dying....

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 09:08   Link #51
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Pagan Gods don't die when they are relegated to fairies though. In fact, they are still mostly immortal being (in term of longevity), powerful and strictly above humans.
Old 2014-01-29, 10:26   Link #52
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
its fine, she will be a normal girl and Touma will take care of her. As a matter of fact. She is turning into a normal human girl but also dying....
nope, i don't think so, Othinus stated it herself, it isn't going to conveniently change her back into a human, the most it can do is demoted herself into fairy which is possible of being killed, and with the entire world on the hunt, sooner or later she will be taken down, or on the chance of still stay as a magic god with 50/50 possibilities.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 10:28   Link #53
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
nope, i don't think so, Othinus stated it herself, it isn't going to conveniently change her back into a human, the most it can do is demoted herself into fairy which is possible of being killed, or on the chance of still stay as a magic god with 50/50 possibilities.
She's not really human to begin with so its not really human in term but more human like but still hard to kill. She even mock them that it will take a long time to even kill her at that rate of attack.

I think she is loosing her ability as a magic god that has 100% possibilities. Complete control over it but now its slipping in 50/50 to lower rates.

Old 2014-01-29, 16:42   Link #54
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first god he's saved

Maybe he'll talk to Heaven's Canceller somehow and use Dark Legacy?
Old 2014-01-29, 17:56   Link #55
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Maybe he'll talk to Heaven's Canceller somehow and use Dark Legacy?
Didn't Othinus loot Dark Matter already anyway? She could feasibly build herself a new body if she really has to, one without Fairy-ized status affiliction.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 21:22   Link #56
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Didn't Othinus loot Dark Matter already anyway? She could feasibly build herself a new body if she really has to, one without Fairy-ized status affiliction.
I thought esper powers and magic don't mix well though...
Old 2014-01-29, 22:11   Link #57
dragon1412

Othinus is a different case, Gungnir required both magic and scientific side, she herself is beyond magic. but then again, aren't Kaine thought still exit( i mean dark ver) ?? i doubt he will be so kindly going to help her.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 22:21   Link #58
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post

With respect to Othinus losing her 100% gig, that seems to be the case. The Fairy Spell isn't something that was meant to give her more power but depower her. At first, it gave her the 100% failure rate and Othinus was able to craft Gungnir on her own as a result and stave off the effects from the Fairy Spell with it but once she lost Gungnir, the Fairy Spell began to take its toll on her. At least, that's how I see it.
Also the Fairy Spell being hastily improvised and thus an unsafe last resort which she used against Touma after she lost Gungnir
Old 2014-01-30, 00:42   Link #59
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Quote:
I think she is loosing her ability as a magic god that has 100% possibilities. Complete control over it but now its slipping in 50/50 to lower rates.
Lower rates? Not sure. The 50/50 thing happened because she had all the possibilities (both success and failure) to begin with. I think her losing the 100% thing of a Magic God, will eventually free her from the 50/50 failure rate constraint altogether.
She'd probably become something more closer to Ollerus in that aspect.
Old 2014-01-30, 00:46   Link #60
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Lower rates? Not sure. The 50/50 thing happened because she had all the possibilities (both success and failure) to begin with. I think her losing the 100% thing of a Magic God, will eventually free her from the 50/50 failure rate constraint altogether.
She'd probably become something more closer to Ollerus in that aspect.
an unstable being?

then she is not restricted to 50/50.

lower rates of absolute control of every possibilities.

Tags
characters, hot magic god