AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Eren Yeager 68 34.34%
Mikasa Ackerman 100 50.51%
Armin Arlert 60 30.30%
Jean Kirstein 60 30.30%
Krista Lenz 31 15.66%
Annie Leonhart 47 23.74%
Reiner Braun 22 11.11%
Bertolt Hoover 6 3.03%
Connie Springer 15 7.58%
Sasha Blouse 45 22.73%
Marco Bott 9 4.55%
Ymir 17 8.59%
Erwin Smith 38 19.19%
Levi 95 47.98%
Hange ZoŽ 41 20.71%
Mike Zacharius 6 3.03%
Dot Pixis 15 7.58%
Hannes 5 2.53%
Other Humans 8 4.04%
The Titans 7 3.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-05, 13:55   Link #21
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Sad to see Levi putting up a challenge at all.
You do realize Levi won all the polls in Japan right
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:00   Link #22
Byakou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Actually its correct. Kodansha comics cleared it. The Attack on Titan fandom just wants to keep using Hanji for some reason.

Link to Kodansha Comics post about it
Doesn't change the fact it's purposely confusing people. Most people don't know her last name and would not know who this "hange" is.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:16   Link #23
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
As it seems, Funimation will use other name translations for the anime localisation though.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:18   Link #24
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
You do realize Levi won all the polls in Japan right
Yes, it's a sad story. Too bad I liked his character until the fandom ruined him.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 01:50   Link #25
June93
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
1.Annie
2.Jean
3.Ymir
June93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:04   Link #26
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Yes, it's a sad story. Too bad I liked his character until the fandom ruined him.
Lol don't worry. I know how you feel, I have a similar experience with another character in a different series.

My vote goes to Levi, humanities strongest soldier.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:33   Link #27
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
What, no Titan Eren? I love that guy.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:17   Link #28
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
how the hell people like macro in and not Christa?
P.S: I forget to vote for Hange T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
What, no Titan Eren? I love that guy.
Titan Eren = Eren = waste of vote slot
Gundamx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 23:50   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I picked :

Hanji
Armin
Eren
Sasha
Krista
Levi
Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Yes, it's a sad story. Too bad I liked his character until the fandom ruined him.
Rather, you are letting fans ruin him for you. Seems silly to hate a character because of fans. Lots of other characters are popular and fans like them too. The show and manga is popular, so it was only a matter of time.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 02:49   Link #30
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I picked :

Hanji
Armin
Eren
Sasha
Krista
Levi
Petra

Rather, you are letting fans ruin him for you. Seems silly to hate a character because of fans. Lots of other characters are popular and fans like them too. The show and manga is popular, so it was only a matter of time.
Liking a character is a preference thing, so it's just as valid to dislike a character because of what fans do as any other reason. Part of it is the fandom thing, part of it is I just think he's overrated.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 04:24   Link #31
Kinali
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Since I limit myself to only 3 I decided to pick these characters:

Levy: He's just a total badass.

Annie: I just always liked her even after what she has done.

Eren: I wasn't too sure about this one but it was either him or Jean. In the end I went with Eren since I love how he keeps trying so I just want to give him some support. With all the hate he gets I can't help but root for him.


Other characters I like but didn't vote are (though I think I should have and now regret):

Hange: I just like her personality and Intelligence.

Jean: I do love his personality and that he is a well developed character but in the end that's just not enough. He just doesn't show up enough or has done anything great besides what he did in chapter 49.


Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Liking a character is a preference thing, so it's just as valid to dislike a character because of what fans do as any other reason. Part of it is the fandom thing, part of it is I just think he's overrated.
I agree.

Fandom can ruin a character for some people if fans get too obnoxious. Good thing that Levi is such a badass that he lives up to all that hype. Another character that gets so much hype is Jean and he hasn't really lived up to it. Good thing I liked him before most of his fans got annoying. But it might be different for new readers especially if they expect so much from him. My sister thought he was going to be this perfect person and now she hates him as much as she hates Eren. So its best to ignore everybody so that you wont overrate a character and start to dislike him/her.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 08:49   Link #32
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
how the hell people like macro in and not Christa?
P.S: I forget to vote for Hange T_T
Well in all honesty Christa did not stand out in anime so far at all. She was just cute, that's it.

Don't mix future manga events with current anime events.

Besides Christa has 13 votes whlie Marco only 3, duno what you are complaining about.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 19:42   Link #33
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Levi, Jean, and Annie.

Levi for breaking the "cold guy with a heart of gold" stereotype with style, and for never loosing his cool even at the most demanding situations. Very inspiring for me

Jean for being the character that we can relate to, and for most growth.

Annie because she's a really intriguing character. Have to be honest that Kitten's early fanboying posts were my cause of my conversion to Annie-ism.

I actually started really liking Eren thanks to Anime ep 24 (which I love), but I think you're not there yet Eren! Keep working on it! (didn't vote for him)
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 21:32   Link #34
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Levi, Jean, and Annie.

Levi for breaking the "cold guy with a heart of gold" stereotype with style, and for never loosing his cool even at the most demanding situations. Very inspiring for me

Jean for being the character that we can relate to, and for most growth.

Annie because she's a really intriguing character. Have to be honest that Kitten's early fanboying posts were my cause of my conversion to Annie-ism.

I actually started really liking Eren thanks to Anime ep 24 (which I love), but I think you're not there yet Eren! Keep working on it! (didn't vote for him)
Interestingly enough, it did the opposite for me. I started disliking Annie more.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:00   Link #35
N1kki
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
It's so hard to only pick some.. lol

1)Levi - duh
2)Jean - Who can't love him after watching all his development
3)Mikasa - I like badass females
4)Erwin - I aspire to be someone like him, a great leader.
5)Hanji - If I were a character, I'd be her.
6)Reiner - He grew on me Even though most people probably hate him he is undeniably manly and good looking for a cartoon character lol
N1kki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:31   Link #36
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Interestingly enough, it did the opposite for me. I started disliking Annie more.
I find Kitten explains the character in a way that I didnt see before, which made me actually respect Annie and just can't see her as an evil character, but a good guy on the "wrong" side (have a soft spot for those types)

I dont agree with him 100%, or agree with his assessment on other characters (esp. on Mikasa), but he did make me like Annie

I think if you already dislike Annie to begin with listening to someone fanboying would make it worse indeed ^^;

I didnt vote for Mikasa as I find her development is kind of stunted since Eren's death, but looking forward to see more from her in the manga, hoping I can like her more in the future.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:40   Link #37
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
I find Kitten explains the character in a way that I didnt see before, which made me actually respect Annie and just can't see her as an evil character, but a good guy on the "wrong" side (have a soft spot for those types)

I dont agree with him 100%, or agree with his assessment on other characters (esp. on Mikasa), but he did make me like Annie

I think if you already dislike Annie to begin with listening to someone fanboying would make it worse indeed ^^;

I didnt vote for Mikasa as I find her development is kind of stunted since Eren's death, but looking forward to see more from her in the manga, hoping I can like her more in the future.
I actually liked Annie well enough before kitten started ranting about Mikasa, and while willing to analyze Annie further and forgive her, immediately labels Mikasa as annoying and shallow because she cares about Eren.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 09:37   Link #38
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
And you claim Levi to be shallow because he does not openly fanboy over someone like Mikasa does.

I don't think you are any better or different than me. We just have different views on things.



P.S. Yay, more Annie believers! Welcome
Here, have a cookie Subarunyon!
Spoiler for cookie:
__________________

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-10-09 at 09:48.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 12:31   Link #39
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And you claim Levi to be shallow because he does not openly fanboy over someone like Mikasa does.

I don't think you are any better or different than me. We just have different views on things.



P.S. Yay, more Annie believers! Welcome
Here, have a cookie Subarunyon!
Spoiler for cookie:
I said he's overrated, not that he's shallow. I didn't say anything about being better, I just don't like hypocrisy.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 17:18   Link #40
340.29
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
My favourite character has to be Jean. I think he, to some extent, grounds the show, making the craziness more tangible and real. For me, he is the most relatable character and I find his form of courage the most impressive, mostly because it does not come as easy. His growth has also been one of the most interesting.
340.29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.