AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Old 2013-10-10, 21:48   Link #1261
whitecloud
Banned

Diferent kind of counter force? How about counter guardian? I mean there is a reference point imagine breaker, holy right, im sure there is a rule enforcer somewhere that maintain thing in case something goes very very wrong...
whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:03   Link #1262
allfictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Diferent kind of counter force? How about counter guardian? I mean there is a reference point imagine breaker, holy right, im sure there is a rule enforcer somewhere that maintain thing in case something goes very very wrong...
That would imply a lot of things: the Earth is a conscious being bent on killing humanity, humanity shares a collective unconscious, that the records of the brave men and women whose lives have become legends are kept in a plane outside of human comprehension, etc.

Please no Nasuverse complexity in an already vast universe
Old 2013-10-10, 22:20   Link #1263
whitecloud
Banned

I guess it more in the line of insurance policy rather than nasuverse, just in case someone exploit the reference point among other thing, well, the strongest living being under the sun is the magic god (beside angel) some one need to keep the likes of them in check to make sure they do not wreck havoc to the known world, one cannot just relies on imagine breaker host (singular)...one that under oath to the planet (serious de javu)
whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 23:37   Link #1264
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

But isn't that the role of IB? As the reference point and to keep supernatural phenomena in check. Unless IB also adjusted itself to fit to that new world that Othinus might create.

But we must also consider the IT, after all it is apparently the main one that IB keeps in check.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 09:40   Link #1265
zibi88

maybe the new world will mark "touma" as the biggest earth villian... so many agencies will be after him... so toumas allys will kinda switch sides and try to capture him and kill.... but eventually even throught they are said that he is evil and bad... they connect to him again as they were in previous world.....maybe misaki could become the main force to understand what happened and try to help him restore the world to how it was

other options are that touma will release the "invisible thing" and destroy the 100% success... like 100% success is considered "lucky" and bestowed by god... so a god miracle.... toumas IB dennys god miracles so the 100% should allways drop to 0%

othius magic says that if she wins she gets 100%...but if she loses and gets 0% she still gets 100% so its still lucky.... so IB might make the 100% luck on both sides allways drop to 0% (so 0% in both sides if you win or lose [which still wins], so no luck if you win or lose)

Aiwass, Aleister or Thor with another artifact might do something about it....

but it would be interesting if the story reverts into past events... before toumas memory loss... so we would see his life before all this... and maybe learn about misaki and touma relationship.... maybe even how touma got to know the board of dirrector girl :P kinda oithius failed to create perfect world becouse of toumas presence there... and it created a paradox and turned the time back... but this time he would remember to dodge properly when he was saving index to avoid his memories to be destroyed..... then we return back to present on the scene where oithius was starting the world destruction..... but touma releases his real power

kinda nothing has changed besides toumas never losing his memories... so he knows what power he has and how to unlock it...totaly desroying oithius plan... kinda crushing it within a mere sec.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:30   Link #1266
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
But isn't that the role of IB? As the reference point and to keep supernatural phenomena in check. Unless IB also adjusted itself to fit to that new world that Othinus might create.

But we must also consider the IT, after all it is apparently the main one that IB keeps in check.
Doesn't IB stay the constant no matter how much the world changes; which was the reason for Othinus to take precautions against it as it is not a variable she cannot influence

Quote:
Thatís why that Imagine Breaker was so irritating! In a way, it did hold the possibility of driving me to 100% failure, but its role as a reference point and repair point for the world meant it clashed with my desire to change the world
so no matter what Othinus does, she cannot change the function of the IB, otherwise she would have already taken a plan for that
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 00:18   Link #1267
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

DO you think Othinus can restore Touma's memories?
Old 2013-10-12, 03:05   Link #1268
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
lets just say 50/50 + Kami-yan misfortune = 0%
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:58   Link #1269
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Sounds tempting since she could be creating a new world and all, so what are a few neurons, but wouldn't she need to know those memories first to give them back? And she might be almighty, but she isn't all-knowing, otherwise there would've been no need for backup plans.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:40   Link #1270
Ilidsor
Angelerator

She definitely could do it, she would just have to cast a spell that would make Touma's memories not come back, and her 100% failure would make it happen.

The only problem is that she won't because she's the villain, and even if she does get redeemed Kamachi always nerfs OP villains when they become good guys.

Quote:
Sounds tempting since she could be creating a new world and all, so what are a few neurons, but wouldn't she need to know those memories first to give them back? And she might be almighty, but she isn't all-knowing, otherwise there would've been no need for backup plans.
But she can do literally everything now. Even if she knows nothing about it she has 100% chance of success. She needed backup plans back when she was only 50/50 but now she wouldn't.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:53   Link #1271
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

These new world thing sounds really cool. I'm kinda hoping Kuroko has a bigger role in this one. Wait!! before you throw the stones I have a relatively reasonable thought process behind this theory!!
The new world will somewhat overlay the current one. In this line of thinking it could be seen as an alternate dimension. Kuroko has the ability to teleport by moving through an alternate dimension. the 11th one I think. That being said there may be a way she can move in and out of this dimension. This opens up the possibility for Kuroko to bring in reinforcements. Obviously she can't bring in touma but she can bring others such as Misaka, or a Thor in a Misaka costume, which would be awesome. By doing this process she could have a large role in saving the day. If she brought Accelerator and Thor it'd be the equivalent of showing up to a street fight with nukes IMO but it'd be hot. On another note Gunha could just get in using Guts!! so there should be no problem there.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 05:15   Link #1272
Draco Spirit

Kuroko's ability got great potential as a plot device when playing with dimensions as a major story point (including time), with the only real drawback being she can't move Touma with it normally.

Imagine if if we get some dark world with a powerless Touma, trying to find a way to stop Othinus and eventually meeting up with Kuroko who comes up with a idea that maybe out there in another dimension their is power than belongs to Touma, something that could put everything right... if only they could twist the dimensions.

Cue Imagine Breaker reset button!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 14:13   Link #1273
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

speaking of dimensions and teleporters, it would seem crazy if a Level 5 teleporter had the ability of something similar to that of Curtana where you can create dimension rifts
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 14:21   Link #1274
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerothBastion View Post
speaking of dimensions and teleporters, it would seem crazy if a Level 5 teleporter had the ability of something similar to that of Curtana where you can create dimension rifts
That would be freaking scary. I don't know why I said Kuroko should bring accelerator when he has Awaki. Guess i'm just missing out on sleep or something. But a level 5 teleporter really would open up some crazy issues much like anti matter and dimensional travel. and Gutts... well maybe not quite to that point.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 02:02   Link #1275
Shinhwa
Banned

It would actually be interesting if the world becomes Touma's enemy in the new world lol
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 08:54   Link #1276
Draco Spirit

So... what's everyone's views on possible NT9 prologues?

Here's a few of my idea's:

Touma awaking next to his wonderful girlfriend in world where he always seems to have great fortune and isn't a hero, then slowly realising something very wrong with the world at its core....

Mikoto awaking and going about her normal life.. as a magician, before being drawn into some great mystery....

Hamazura awaking in a world ruled by the great tyrant Othinus , hearing a rumour that out there something called the 'Imagine Breaker' which could end her nightmarish rule.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 10:33   Link #1277
ACertainStark
Hyperactive Cyber Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
It would actually be interesting if the world becomes Touma's enemy in the new world lol
Saw some stuff about that in the "Raildex General" that was depressing.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 11:35   Link #1278
Mr.Kyon
much crack, much doge

It would be funny if Touma returns to his pre-AC state when his misfortune affected everyone around him.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 14:40   Link #1279
Marina2

How about the world where Touma doesn't have imagine breaker and live as one of a normal esper and

Acutally, I don't think there will be any alternative world. I think the next volume will begin like this:

Quote:

Prolroge

“These small fights are such a pain. I think I’ll just end the world.” said, Magic God Othinus.

Just as she had announced, everything was immediately destroyed
......and returned back to normal in the later second

"What!?" Magic God Othinus said in surprise.

(What does this mean? My power was stopped??? How?? I have obtained 100% posiblility I should be able to do everything!.....Wait...Kamijou Touma!.......Did that guy do something......)

"YOU!" Magic God Othinus shouts

At first Kamijo Touma thought that Magic God Othinus shout at him.....However, he noticed that her eyes are not looking at him but she is looking at 'something' behind him so, he slowy turned to look.

About 3 metres behind Kamijo Touma, There is a tall man in green robe standing. He is the man who is known as "the greatest magician in history"

"Look like you are having fun here, Magic God"

Aleister Crowley said calmly.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-10-16 at 01:31.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 14:53   Link #1280
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...

Be it Aleister Crowley or Aiwass... that will be a huge Maximum Trolling to Othinus .

Tags
novel predictions