AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-12, 16:35   Link #2241
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I thought it was because she has a slave's outlook on life from being conditioned as a child. She views Alibaba and Aladdin as her masters, even if she knows that she isn't a slave. Although, even though Alibaba was important in freeing her, Goltas and Aladdin were just as if not more so yet she seems to see him as special. Is there a rational reason for that or is it because she has particular feelings for him?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 17:59   Link #2242
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Although, even though Alibaba was important in freeing her, Goltas and Aladdin were just as if not more so
Actually not. If you're a slave, even if your master dies, you're still slave. The one who freed Morgina was Alibaba, because he paid for her.

Alibaba actually did this for all the slaves of the town. He bought them all and freed them. Of course Morgiana would seem him as special.

She's also in love with him, of course, but that came later.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-10-12 at 18:22.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 19:18   Link #2243
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Yeah, I tend to view Mor's seeming lack of understanding about such things a result of her years as a slave, though she's been slowly breaking out of it more and more as she experiences more of the world.

It rather makes her reaction to Hakuryuu's proposal interesting as that was a load of firsts for her there.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 22:49   Link #2244
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Actually not. If you're a slave, even if your master dies, you're still slave. The one who freed Morgina was Alibaba, because he paid for her.

Alibaba actually did this for all the slaves of the town. He bought them all and freed them. Of course Morgiana would seem him as special.

She's also in love with him, of course, but that came later.
And Goltas is the one that killed her master, while Aladdin made the dungeon clear and Alibaba's wealth possible in the first place. Goltas and Aladdin also had more direct and personal interaction with Morgiana. All Alibaba managed to do was get himself slammed into a pillar for his trouble, while she connected with the other two.

I think she has an idealized vision of what happened, because of her feelings for Alibaba. Not because she actually really thought things through. Not that it really matters. She still owes Aladdin and Goltas, and I doubt she'd abandon her obligation because of how she feels. Or maybe she did? That certainly seemed to be the Catch 22 she faced prior to her recent return to the manga, where she'd have to choose between returning to Alibaba and Aladdin or meeting her family and full-filling Goltas's last request.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:32   Link #2245
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
And Goltas is the one that killed her master, while Aladdin made the dungeon clear and Alibaba's wealth possible in the first place.
So? I'm not saying Aladdin and Goltas are not important to Morgiana. They are. But the one that freed her was Alibaba and no one else, and he freed all the other slaves in town as well. That must have touched Morgiana deeply, you know, being a slave and all....
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:47   Link #2246
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
While it's true that Alibaba wouldn't have had all the treasure to free her and the other slaves if not for Aladdin, it was still his choice to use all that wealth he'd gained in the way he did. While he does cite thinking it would have been what Aladdin would have done, it was still the choice he made in the end so I think that counts for something.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:56   Link #2247
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
^ Of course it counts. It would be stupid to think that being inspired by someone else diminishes the merit of his actions. Like you said, it was still his decision, and that's all that matters, especially from Morgiana's point of view.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:59   Link #2248
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amario View Post

I think Mor's race have been different when it comes to emotions such as love, since they are race who have always excelled in combat and athleticism traits.
i dont think race has anything to do with that at all, she was raised as a slave her whole life, and now shes finally free, so give her time and enough life experience ^^
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 08:49   Link #2249
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
they're still healing alibaba broken heart this week?
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 14:58   Link #2250
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
New Sinbad chapter out, he finally sets out to explore the world.
I'm sure that this is not the last time Sinbad and the princess will meet.
Can't help but wonder if it really was a smart idea to sail out with that small boat?
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 15:02   Link #2251
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I'm glad they changed that about the Pilot...

Sinbad is an asshole, just like his dad. I don't think I could put up with reading about that little punk for too long.

Last edited by CBredbeard; 2013-10-20 at 15:18.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 16:40   Link #2252
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Sinbad makes for a much more interesting protagonist than either Sinbad or Aladdin though..
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 16:59   Link #2253
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Alibaba is an interesting protagonist. Sinbad is an unstoppable asshole.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 17:07   Link #2254
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Sinbad, the Gol D. Roger of the Magiverse.
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 17:08   Link #2255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Is Adventure of Sinbad biweekly now?
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 17:59   Link #2256
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I'm lost
well this chapter was really good, it begin with a sad moment and it end with a really funny moment XD, Sinbad is really something.
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 07:46   Link #2257
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
...

Drakon is going to get NTR-ed a second time, isn't he? =(

First by his brother, then by Sinbad...
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 08:13   Link #2258
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
For what it's worth, in the present, Drakon's married, and Sinbad isn't.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 11:56   Link #2259
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
For what it's worth, in the present, Drakon's married, and Sinbad isn't.
I wonder if spider lady will live and end up marring Drakon
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 12:07   Link #2260
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
My theory is that she ends up falling for Sinbad and is the person he's shown holding in the flashback when his country went up in flames (believe it's Partevia).
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.