AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 23 31.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 38.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-08, 00:47   Link #21
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Animation Quality: 7/10

The animation is generally good, with the high points coming in during the climatic fights and especially the usage of the 3D Maneuver Gear. However, there's the low points like the use of scenery to replace action scenes.

Also, I thought the chibi-fied titans looks retarded instead of scary. I understand that this is true to the manga, but it takes away some sort of seriousness to the show.

Voice Actors: 8/10

The voices suit the looks of the character, especially for Erwin and Levi. Since I'm more of a subtitle-person, I didn't really put much thought into the VA, just thankful that there's no high pitched characters or annoying VAs around.

Script: 7/10

I like the cliffhangers, despite it making the show really frustrating to watch when it was ongoing, cause you just want to know what happens next.

However, unlike the manga where conversation is fast as you speed read, having it in vocal format kinda slows and drags things a little bit.

But I admit that it was really great to watch in the first section, where the future is grim, up until the part where we found out that Eren is a Titan, and there's more like him. I felt that this revelation made the world seemed less scary, as it becomes a fantasy world, compared to before where it was kinda like our medieval times.

Soundtrack: 9/10

Eren's berserk moment (transformation while being under the rubble and during the blocking of the hole using the boulder) and the rampant destruction caused by the titans were accompanied by that great soundtrack "Attack on Titan" with Mika Kobayashi voice. Infact, come to think of it, they almost use it for all fighting scenes but I guess if it fits the moment, it fits.

Enjoyment: 9/10

I had fun watching. Initially I thought of things like what can mankind do to turn its fate, but after seeing Titan Eren, I just watch it for what it is and stopped caring about logic. I had fun watching Mikasa and Eren, the increasing number of deaths, the side characters and the action scenes.

Emotional Involvement: 7/10

It's actually hard for me to feel involved because I felt that Eren has the fighting spirit but not the skills. And it annoys me, because I feel that he can't walk the talk. Deep down, I think he's either doubting himself or over-estimating his worth.

For someone who ranked top 10 in his class, I expect more to come from him in terms of physical prowess but it appears that mankind can only depend on Mikasa and Levi.

It's the supporting cast that made this show enjoyable, such as Hanji, Erwin, Jean, Reiner, Annie and Levi.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 03:01   Link #22
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Each episode individually is amazing in my opinion. But I have to give the series as a whole a 6.

Might seem strange but here's my reasoning in a very condensed nutshell:
-Each episode was thoroughly entertaining, suspenseful and well animated (not so much towards the end though).
-However there is just so little content in the show to give it a good rating. We have practically learned nothing. In 25 episodes.

Honestly, I don't see how people are giving this show a perfect 10. As it currently stands, it is not deserving of a 10 unless you are just looking solely at the "pretty animation". And I think 7 and 8 is still being generous.

Subjectively... yeah I guess I can see how you can give it a 10, but that just tells me you are easily amused and just like the action, which I admit is very cool and probably my favorite aspect of the show. Objectively, no sane person would give THIS 25 episode season of the show a 10, even if it stayed true to the manga. If a movie is made from a crappy book and it is played out page by page, it does not make it a good movie.

Just my opinion, please don't take it too harshly. But I do encourage you to rethink your scores and really look into what the show offered (standalone) aside from great action scenes.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:35   Link #23
kitten320

I look at the anime as animated part of the manga.
For me it is not stand alone. In manga things are gradually progressing right now.

As stand alone it is kinda crap. But in that case Berserk anime also should be crap because it finished at the worst possible cliffhanger.

I personally think this anime should be watched by people who read the manga or plan to later on.
Or leave it until whole series are animated and finished.

As stand alone it really doesn't do much.

Let's pretend that FMA was done the same way, separated in 3 season each about 25 episodes.
It would be same problem, not much development and progression.

With that said I give anime 8 over all.
It is not amazing but it is entertaining and unique, especially for shounen genre in which I lost hope lately.
Old 2013-10-15, 12:16   Link #24
moncikoma

11/10 period
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 18:26   Link #25
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Enjoyed the show quite thoroughly though I have to say that the ay g he season ended is a little bit of a letdown. But at the same time, I treat it as an ongoing series which finished a season and is designed to continue rather than an anime which decided in the last two or three episodes to create its own alternate ending and end it off. In this sense, it's more like I'm rating AoT Season 1, which it really is an into fair as an anime that is sticking to its source material.

The production values are ridiculously good and amazing especially when watching in HD. The characters are quite enjoyable and likable as well though Eren is getting a bit annoying. If I have a complaint, it's probably that not much has been elaborated in 25 episodes though some things are. It has been a fun ride nevertheless.

Its stuck closely with the manga arguably 95% of the content, even better I might add since the change in timing in one of the arcs (what was a flashback is now the present, and it flows better in my opinion). I never thought the manga's art was that good. It's come a long way but nothing special about it other than its story/setting/characters but the anime brings this and the great production values offers.
Old 2014-02-06, 09:47   Link #26
tiya_novlita

Hmm....kinda read it at a glance what most of people think here....not quite live up my expectation because I read some reviews and they told this is an awesome anime...
Finally, after watching this series myself (I know I kinda late),

my final verdict is 8.5/10

graphics and animation : excellent and stunning. there are a lot of actions I wouldn't have expected from usual anime I've been watching until now. not to mention that I love the art style at most! it's quite unusual with thick line, hard cell-shading but they portrays emotions very well!

voice actor : some notable VA's can be found here, such as yuki kaji for eren and hiroshi kamiya for levi. although I dislike eren's VA a bit, because (i think) his voice is too heavy for him...

characters : many great and awesome characters. not quite stereotypical like I've seen on other anime. they're all quite likable character, but too bad too many of them have to die...please don't kill my fav chars from now on, such as jean and levi >w<

plot/story : really make me wanting for more...unpredictable at times (I haven't read the manga so I really clueless about the direction, which is good because I'm not spoiled thus not affecting my judgement). they put good balance by inserting comic relief like sasha and jean (when he is jealous because of mikasa's attachment to eren....OMG his face is priceless)
there are times when I start hating eren, simply because he's useless...but the supporting characters still helps.

and the best thing. no moe-moe sh*t. no fanservice. they rely the animation mostly because of the story and the graphics.
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote