AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-03, 16:27   Link #1261
jal90
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Marineford in general is a huge mess when it comes to measure the power levels of the characters. I get that the general idea of that arc is that Luffy is weak in comparison with the average Joe that comes from the New World, but the fights in that arc are chaotic; you can never state that someone is more powerful than some other one because in most cases they are either not taking it seriously or affected by an external something.

On the other hand and on topic. There are many things that we still don't know about the characters. But in general the series tends to point at the Yonkou as the strongest in the One Piece world. So I have to assume that Shanks, Big Mom, Kaido and now Blackbeard are the top tiers. However the position of the Admirals is pretty ambiguous in that regard. We don't know if they can fight like equals or just serve as a power source that combined with others keeps the balance. The only reference we have for this is, again, the Marineford mess.
jal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 21:30   Link #1262
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Top Female:
Known: Boa Hancock
Probable Candidate: Charlotte Linlin (Big Mom)
Big mom is a yonko, a group considered to be among the top of the top in terms of strength, however since we've never seen her fight Boa hancock is the next best.

Top (Living) Male:
Known: Blackbeard
Probable Candidate: Kaido
My reasoning here is that with his two abilities now very familiar after two years of use, Blackbeard is one of the most dangerous One Piece characters in the current world. He was strong enough to scar shanks with just his shadow ability, and with the quake fruit we can safely say he doubled his strength.
Kaido is said to be the strongest beast in the world, I'm assuming he was pretty close to WB (who was so powerfull that at his weakest he could still beat akainu and blackbeard, within the space of a few min). We have yet to see him fight, thought.




Bottom line: this is one piece, and while its fun to debate strengths, really anything goes and upsets are common, and type advantages (ie luffy vs enel) can really throw battles as well. btw, speaking of advanatages, id love a fight between bb and fujitora-that'd be killer, although bb would win.
__________________
where is the cheese. WHERE IS THE-
wombface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 06:27   Link #1263
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 22
Does Shiki get an honourable mention?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 08:08   Link #1264
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
Blackbeard is one of the most dangerous One Piece characters in the current world. He was strong enough to scar shanks with just his shadow ability, and with the quake fruit we can safely say he doubled his strength.
Blackbeard scarred Shanks before he got the darkness fruit. Think about it. In Chapter 1 - Romance Dawn, we see that Shanks has his scars when Luffy was a kid (7 years old). Blackbeard stole the darkness fruit when Ace was a part of Whitebeard's crew, and Ace ventured out to the seas 3 years before Luffy did.

So without any DFs, Blackbeard was still a formidable beast. Shanks knew that he wasn't any ordinary pirate, and that's why he requested Whitebeard to call back Ace because he feared the repercussions that would occur if Ace fought Blackbeard. That incident is what culminated into the war of the best and sparked the darker new age (just as Shanks foresaw).
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 09:00   Link #1265
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Blackbeard scarred Shanks before he got the darkness fruit. Think about it. In Chapter 1 - Romance Dawn, we see that Shanks has his scars when Luffy was a kid (7 years old). Blackbeard stole the darkness fruit when Ace was a part of Whitebeard's crew, and Ace ventured out to the seas 3 years before Luffy did.

So without any DFs, Blackbeard was still a formidable beast. Shanks knew that he wasn't any ordinary pirate, and that's why he requested Whitebeard to call back Ace because he feared the repercussions that would occur if Ace fought Blackbeard. That incident is what culminated into the war of the best and sparked the darker new age (just as Shanks foresaw).
thats right, and his strength with the whitebeard crew was considerable enough that he could have been a commander, without a devil fruit.
__________________
where is the cheese. WHERE IS THE-
wombface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:16   Link #1266
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Blackbeard still has enough mystery shroud attached to him...like all that talk about shanks scar without devil fruit, being no ordinary person according to marco, or living twice long lifespan according to ace, his godlike amount of stamina almost making him immortal...He sure has a lot to explain and these kind of mysterious characters usually end up being very powerful end tier monsters in many shonen mangas.


So my vote goes Blackbeard. My guess is that Luffy will need full support of his crew and his father to beat him in future.
__________________
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 05:21   Link #1267
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
living twice long lifespan according to ace
Just to clear this misunderstanding: Ace said, Blackbeard lived twice as long as himself, not that he has double the amount of life.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-16 at 05:33.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 15:50   Link #1268
Candeloro1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Current Strongest: Akainu or Shanks

Former strongest : WhiteBeard Or Gold D Roger
Candeloro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 12:15   Link #1269
Koke89
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Without any doubt it is Dragon. I am sure that dragon is stronger dan Garp and only the new pirate king will be stronger dan him.
Koke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 22:05   Link #1270
Belise
Vector Trapper
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
It's Princess Shirahoshi without a doubt. She is Poseidon one of the three ancient weapons. With any and all seakings under her control, she is easily the strongest living character in O.P to date.

If she wanted she could destroy entire islands with that kind of power.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 01:11   Link #1271
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
It's Princess Shirahoshi without a doubt. She is Poseidon one of the three ancient weapons. With any and all seakings under her control, she is easily the strongest living character in O.P to date.

If she wanted she could destroy entire islands with that kind of power.
between-islands-range: yes
long range: yes
mid range: no
close range: NO
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 04:55   Link #1272
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
between-islands-range: yes
long range: yes
mid range: no
close range: NO
Well, she can suffocate most people to death with her boobs at that range... So i will say it's semi-yes.

PS: she win the "cutest character" hand down also
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 15:57   Link #1273
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Hard to say because we like to base strength off of hype. Oh shanks is so strong but what has he shown? So I will give 2 versions one based on hype and status and the other based on feats.

Hype and Status:

Male: Dragon - He is the leader of the rev army and called the most dangerous man in the world. He is the biggest threat to the world gov. and yet he roams free which leads me to think they cannot really stop him. I think he would easily be a yonko but his goal are not to rule the see but to fight the wg.

Female: Boa Hancock - She has all forms of haki and a brutal df to go with it plus her hand to hand combat is very good so she leaves very little gaps in the awsomeness

By Feats:

male: Whitebeard - This goes without question the man fought an entire war after being stabbed in the chest I repeat after being stabbed right through in the chest A wound that would drop most people he took before he even started and he was sick. On top he had his insided cooked and lost half his face and so much more we all know and then died on his feet.

female: Boa Hancock - Yes again she is just the top female shown so far by feats and hype her performace in the war was awsome

By Potential: ( this is people I see with massive potential )

Male: Enel - I know blackbeard has so much power etc but imo enel has the most op df to be shown to date. A logia lightning fruit is just insane if he learned some hand to hand combat skills and mastered all haki he would run the op would imo

female: robin - This chick is crazy he she learned arament and observation haki and mastered shigan the finer gun she would be unstobable. She could giant shigan people or make a hundred hands all going shigan crazy on sumones body from all angles and more
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 03:11   Link #1274
philip72
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pekopon
Strongest is Kaido, with Dragon as a wildcard.
Second place would be a toss-up between Big Mom, Akainu, Aokiji (Still. Losing after a 10 day slugfest isn't really losing) and Shanks.
Third place would be Blackbeard (but he's rapidly moving up).
I don't know exactly where Rayleigh, Garp or Sengoku place, but they're in there somewhere.

Shirahoshi is pretty much useless right now, but she could be #1 once she learns how to use her powers.


Reading this thread you can sorta tell who's currently reading the manga, and who's anime only.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 12:28   Link #1275
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Strongest is Kaido, with Dragon as a wildcard.
Second place would be a toss-up between Big Mom, Akainu, Aokiji (Still. Losing after a 10 day slugfest isn't really losing) and Shanks.
Third place would be Blackbeard (but he's rapidly moving up).
I don't know exactly where Rayleigh, Garp or Sengoku place, but they're in there somewhere.

Shirahoshi is pretty much useless right now, but she could be #1 once she learns how to use her powers.


Reading this thread you can sorta tell who's currently reading the manga, and who's anime only.
What makes you put kaido above shanks. I only ask because If i remeber correctly shanks had a fight with kaido before he got to marineford and he was fine when he got there.
Quote:
When Whitebeard attempted to save Ace from his execution at Marineford, Kaido tried to attack him. However, Shanks intercepted Kaido before he could reach Whitebeard,[7] and Kaido either retreated or gave up, as Shanks managed to arrive at Marineford at the end of the war.
What happened no one knows but I gotta think its a good sign to shanks power. Tho no one knows for sure im just wondering If I am missing something about kaido.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 13:26   Link #1276
philip72
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pekopon
The main reason is, because Oda wrote that Kaido is said to be the strongest "creature/being/existence" (varies by translation) in the world. Not just the strongest man, but stronger even than the Sea Kings.

Now this doesn't mean he's necessarily the strongest force. The total strength of Shanks and his crew may exceed the sum of Kaido and his forces. And I imagine the strength of the Navy vastly exceeds them both.
But as an individual entity Kaido is probably the strongest right now.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 13:28   Link #1277
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
The main reason is, because Oda wrote that Kaido is said to be the strongest "creature/being/existence" (varies by translation) in the world. Not just the strongest man, but stronger even than the Sea Kings.

Now this doesn't mean he's necessarily the strongest force. The total strength of Shanks and his crew may exceed the sum of Kaido and his forces. And I imagine the strength of the Navy vastly exceeds them both.
But as an individual entity Kaido is probably the strongest right now.
Then Luffy probably won't fight him one on one anytime soon.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 14:02   Link #1278
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
The main reason is, because Oda wrote that Kaido is said to be the strongest "creature/being/existence" (varies by translation) in the world. Not just the strongest man, but stronger even than the Sea Kings.

Now this doesn't mean he's necessarily the strongest force. The total strength of Shanks and his crew may exceed the sum of Kaido and his forces. And I imagine the strength of the Navy vastly exceeds them both.
But as an individual entity Kaido is probably the strongest right now.
I may be wrong but when it is said kaido is the strongest creature I think it refers to him as a zoan user. Like either he is a human who is the strongest zoan or like chopper he is a creature who ate a df and then that makes him the strongest creature.

Buuuut you could be right at the same time since usually they save the best for last and kaido seems to be that one. The only yonko who we know his name but never caught so much as a glimpse of him (other then that one quick undetaied picture from the manga).

But Your answer makes sense tho so I guess only time will tell biggest problem with the statement is as you say translation.

Last edited by Zenex; 2013-12-15 at 14:32.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 16:13   Link #1279
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
Hype and Status:

Female: Boa Hancock - She has all forms of haki and a brutal df to go with it plus her hand to hand combat is very good so she leaves very little gaps in the awsomeness
This spot should go to Big Mom by virtue of her being an emperor. That is all that's needed to justify her being the strongest female by hype and status until proven otherwise.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 17:28   Link #1280
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This spot should go to Big Mom by virtue of her being an emperor. That is all that's needed to justify her being the strongest female by hype and status until proven otherwise.
haha Indeed you are correct I do not know how fat mom slipped my mind....good call
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.