AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-15, 14:03   Link #3681
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Killua is such a boss...

EDIT: Also... Must resist tentacle joke... Must resist tentacle joke... Must resist tentacle joke...

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-10-15 at 14:20.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:22   Link #3682
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
It's ridicules how much time hunters need to take out the ants.
Compared to the Phantom Troupe's swift justice, they're like snails.
The situation keeps getting worse and worse all the time.
Watching Killua fight was just awesome this time!
I must admit I like him more than Gon..
The octopus was just LOL ^^"
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:43   Link #3683
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
It's ridicules how much time hunters need to take out the ants.
Compared to the Phantom Troupe's swift justice, they're like snails.
Well, you gotta remember the Troupe went through one-on-one fights in closed spaces, and only one of their enemies was a squad leader...and they still had to go all out.
Trying to ambush them in open road when they have the numbers, sure is much harder. The Ants are deliberately avoiding direct fights as much as they can.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:53   Link #3684
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
It's ridicules how much time hunters need to take out the ants.
Compared to the Phantom Troupe's swift justice, they're like snails.
The situation keeps getting worse and worse all the time.
Watching Killua fight was just awesome this time!
I must admit I like him more than Gon..
The octopus was just LOL ^^"
Note that almost every single named ant is a squad leader or higher, meaning they're all on the same level as the self-proclaimed Queen who was fighting evenly with Feitan for quite a long time. The other ants that the Troupe killed were just fodder like the ones Killua is tearing through.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:56   Link #3685
SHINOBI-03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
-EPISODE 100-

Spoiler for part 1:

------------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 17:34   Link #3686
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Not even episode 100 gets a new op. They are really going for a single song for the entire run apparently. Am I the only one that's completely sick and tired of the song?
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 00:10   Link #3687
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Not even episode 100 gets a new op. They are really going for a single song for the entire run apparently. Am I the only one that's completely sick and tired of the song?
Since they came this far, I'd be more disappointed if they changed it after this arc.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 01:04   Link #3688
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
LOL Ikalgo. It's no use freaking out over being called an Octopus. You are an Octopus. No matter how much you don't want to be.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-10-16 at 01:28.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:37   Link #3689
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
i dont like ikarugo voice
and meleoron still awesome


waiting for tortured killua next week...
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 04:40   Link #3690
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Well, you gotta remember the Troupe went through one-on-one fights in closed spaces, and only one of their enemies was a squad leader...and they still had to go all out.
Trying to ambush them in open road when they have the numbers, sure is much harder. The Ants are deliberately avoiding direct fights as much as they can.
Add to that that here the Hunters at work are short in numbers, fighting over an entire country, and planning on the long term to try and take out the King (so they're not going all out immediately like the Spiders did). A big part of the problem is that the Hunter association could probably wipe out the menace quickly, if they were to send the big guns (namely

Spoiler for Manga spoiler:


), but they don't because they don't realize the entity of the threat and they are still playing political games against Netero's chairmanship. Of course, were the King to defeat Netero's task force and succeed in his plan of awakening an army of Nen users, then the conflict would scale up and turn into a world war between humans and ants - humans may still win, but the number of casualties would be uncountably higher.
__________________
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 15:10   Link #3691
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Those casualties would firmly secure the vice chairman's claim on the chairman's seat though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 19:19   Link #3692
yupangestu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Since they came this far, I'd be more disappointed if they changed it after this arc.
agree, I think this is the specialist song for this anime.
yupangestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 21:13   Link #3693
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by yupangestu View Post
agree, I think this is the specialist song for this anime.
Just to be clear, I also find this boring, but I respect their commitment if you can call it that way. It's starting getting funnier now that it's already 100+ episodes. Yeah, I know they still haven't top Salior Moon OP song but still.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 02:18   Link #3694
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Just to be clear, I also find this boring, but I respect their commitment if you can call it that way. It's starting getting funnier now that it's already 100+ episodes. Yeah, I know they still haven't top Salior Moon OP song but still.
Sailor Moon? What about "sha la head sha la"?
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 10:23   Link #3695
SHINOBI-03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Sailor Moon? What about "cha la head cha la"?
199 episodes.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 07:07   Link #3696
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Age: 25
Congrats to Hunter x Hunter (2011) on finally reaching 100 episodes !

@Manga Readers: Is there enough manga content left to last 50 more episodes at least?
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 08:40   Link #3697
SHINOBI-03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Congrats to Hunter x Hunter (2011) on finally reaching 100 episodes !

@Manga Readers: Is there enough manga content left to last 50 more episodes at least?
We are now in volume 23. We still have nine more.

Hunter Exam arc was 5 volumes (38 chapters) covered in 21 episodes.

Zoldyck Family arc was 5 chapters all in volume 5 covered in 5 episodes

Heavens Arena arc was 3 volumes (20 chapters) covered in 10 episodes

Yorknew City arc was 6 volumes (56 chapters) covered in 22 episodes

Greed Island arc was 6 volumes (66 chapters) covered in 17 volumes

For Chimera Ants arc, we went through 5 volumes so far (nearly 53 chapters) and 25 episodes till date.

50 episodes took us about 94 chapters, that's nearly 10 volumes. So, I guess the content is enough for another 50 episodes.



Wow..................... so it'll be over in about a year of now?!
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 12:02   Link #3698
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
We are now in volume 23. We still have nine more.

Hunter Exam arc was 5 volumes (38 chapters) covered in 21 episodes.

Zoldyck Family arc was 5 chapters all in volume 5 covered in 5 episodes

Heavens Arena arc was 3 volumes (20 chapters) covered in 10 episodes

Yorknew City arc was 6 volumes (56 chapters) covered in 22 episodes

Greed Island arc was 6 volumes (66 chapters) covered in 17 volumes

For Chimera Ants arc, we went through 5 volumes so far (nearly 53 chapters) and 25 episodes till date.

50 episodes took us about 94 chapters, that's nearly 10 volumes. So, I guess the content is enough for another 50 episodes.



Wow..................... so it'll be over in about a year of now?!
I hope you're right. The move to the late night slot could easily make them step up the pace and try to cram everything in 25 instead of 50 episodes. Let's hope that's not the case.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 09:56   Link #3699
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fair Oaks, California
Age: 25
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
We are now in volume 23. We still have nine more.

50 episodes took us about 94 chapters, that's nearly 10 volumes. So, I guess the content is enough for another 50 episodes.

Wow...so it'll be over in about a year from now?!
Damn, no more Hunter x Hunter (2011) after October 2014 ?!

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we had a few filler arcs? *gets shot* :X
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 10:57   Link #3700
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we had a few filler arcs? *gets shot* :X
If after reaching the end they want to make some - maybe asking Togashi sensei who at that point will have completely given up on drawing the manga and might as well share his ideas with the writers - I won't mind, since there's not going to be anything to ruin. But judging from the quality of the Phantom Rouge movie, I'd say I'd probably not bother.
Something I can't understand is how there is not a single decent writer in anime working on anime-original episodes of long running series. One would expect it to be the kind of task you'd give to rookies and youngsters, so you should get the occasional genius waiting to happen who delivers a great job. Instead they're consistently shit.
__________________
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.