AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-18, 13:00   Link #7101
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
@Rava i am not exactly who need to re-read
"He backtracked through the changes in the Eidos and obtained the one an moment before any injuries ocurred and then copied that.
He copied that information onto the magic sequence and aplied it to the Eidos."

Anyways, as you said people tend to ignore reason to adjust things to their preconceptions, so i will likely will not be convinced by your flawless logic so i drop this.
You do not understand at all.

He can backtrack through the changes in the Eidos because that is a part of his Regrowth magic. (Edit: That is why trying to point out that he can do it and how he can do it is totally, completely irrelevant. Of course he can do it. That's why he can use Regrowth.)

When he uses Regrowth, it starts up with him scanning.

If your viewpoint was correct, there is absolutely no need for him to activate Regrowth to START the scanning. He would scan, and THEN activate Regrowth. He clearly does not when using it.

Last edited by Rava; 2013-10-18 at 14:59.
Old 2013-10-18, 15:47   Link #7102
blackwhite67
Banned

Dreyakis posted 10.8!
Old 2013-10-18, 17:34   Link #7103
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
For what Fujibayashi explained, only Tatsuya's Flash Cast is faster than a CAD because of his 'Artificial Magic Calculation Area'.

Vol 4 Chap 10

Even if a person can use 'Flash Cast' they still need to do the same process of a CAD to cast magic, maybe they could cast magic slightly faster than a CAD but only Tatsuya has this godlike fast 'Flash Cast'.
Tatsuya is the only one who can use Flash Cast in the world.
Old 2013-10-18, 18:30   Link #7104
Zoks

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the reason why Erika was avoiding Tatsuya was because she was pissed he decided to help Mayumi too? I'm starting to suspect nobody sees Honoka as a potential rival for Tatsuya's affections.
Old 2013-10-18, 18:35   Link #7105
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the reason why Erika was avoiding Tatsuya was because she was pissed he decided to help Mayumi too? I'm starting to suspect nobody sees Honoka as a potential rival for Tatsuya's affections.
With all the shipping innuendo flying in the chapter, it's hard to say on initial read.
Old 2013-10-18, 18:57   Link #7106
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
It wouldnt be a secret of the Yotsuba if he was the only one capable of using it.

Vol 4 Chap 10
Quote:
"Single Systematic Flash Cast, eh. Oh well, at least he managed to keep our secrets."
The ones who wanted Flash Cast to remain a secret were the Yotsuba Family and not the Independent Magic-Equipped Battalion. This ability was considered too unethical for even the military to adopt.
According to the quote above, had the military wanted they could adopt the use of 'Flash Cast'. So, no, Tatsuya is not the only one that can use it, it was never said so. The only thing that was said is that the calculation area in his consciousness has taken this to the next level.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:07   Link #7107
Zoks

Quote:
It wouldnt be a secret of the Yotsuba if he was the only one capable of using it.

Vol 4 Chap 10

According to the quote above, had the military wanted they could adopt the use of 'Flash Cast'. So, no, Tatsuya is not the only one that can use it, it was never said so. The only thing that was said is that the calculation area in his consciousness has taken this to the next level.
I think that line is implying something else entirely. First, the military not adopting it meant that they officially did not want to associate themselves with it (basically, making it a classified secret would imply that it has at least the tacit approval of the military.) The other thing is you have to remember that Magicians work for the government, so not adopting it means they didn't ask the Yotsuba to provide for them Magicians that can flash cast, by means of using Miya to perform the surgery on others.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:10   Link #7108
hakazee

Quote:

Vol 4 Chap 10

Quote:
On the other hand, Tatsuya briefly considered how to restrict the intruders' freedom of movement, and ultimately elected to bury them. He could use "Dissolution" to remove the excess dirt, so he needed to use both "Separate" and "Move" magics. Doing so without a CAD was truly a tiresome task, but just like the earlier "Leaping", Tatsuya had already memorized such a simple Magic Sequence and, as long as he performed them sequentially and not simultaneously, this really didn't pose a problem.

Ironically, this was one advantage gleaned from the artificial virtual Magic Calculation Area currently residing in his consciousness, which was the ability to recall any Magic Sequence stored in his memory.
that means other magician can flash cast if they have MCA.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:24   Link #7109
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
that means other magician can flash cast if they have MCA.
Which they could only have through Miya mental manipulation magic, which is no longer currently possible since she's dead.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:27   Link #7110
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Which they could only have through Miya mental manipulation magic, which is no longer currently possible since she's dead.
then what's the difference of other magician's MCA with tat's MCA ?
Old 2013-10-18, 19:36   Link #7111
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
His is artificial. Its a chip implanted in his brain, but this is only possible by freeing up mental capacity. In Tatsuya's case, his emotions, actually urges, were erased with the exception of one.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:36   Link #7112
Zoks

Quote:
Tatsuya has two. He has his natural one which only lets him use Decomposition and Restoration, and he has an artificial one that is regarded as inferior when it comes to the standards that are tested by the association, but provides him with Flash Casts for magic that doesn't require too many processes.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:37   Link #7113
blackwhite67
Banned

Also, Kudou said that he was the only successful case.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:48   Link #7114
hakazee

Quote:
His is artificial. Its a chip implanted in his brain, but this is only possible by freeing up mental capacity. In Tatsuya's case, his emotions, actually urges, were erased with the exception of one.
????????

Quote:
Ironically, this was one advantage gleaned from the artificial virtual Magic Calculation Area currently residing in his consciousness, which was the ability to recall any Magic Sequence stored in his memory.
gleaned from the artificial ????

uggghhh. so, if other magician mca is not artificial ? they still can flash cast ?

any source to support your assumption ?
Old 2013-10-18, 19:55   Link #7115
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Also, Kudou said that he was the only successful case.
He was successful on that type of magic calculation area. Flash Cast, is, by definition, pretty simple; it's like tattooing stuff into the brain to use it later. Think of it as a non rewritable usb stuck in your head. Tatsuya's case was special because it was meant to be complex enough to emulate "a true magician", and thus if it worked it would be enough to get an unrelated person become a magician, so it's like a true usb rather than a non rewritable one.

So, in theory, Tatsuya's stuff is special since its advanced (as we have seen, he can "learn" & "memorize" spells through it, even if he can't use it he can "save them there" so that they aren't forgotten). So in other words a regular unchanging brain tattoo shouldn't be that hard to come by. In fact, wasn't the subtle uderline that the other one from the 101 squad that can cast quickly also had an ability like that?

---- In any event, not onto topic, Shizuku should, like; spend all of her air time drunk or something I loved that performance.
Old 2013-10-18, 19:55   Link #7116
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
????????

gleaned from the artificial ????

uggghhh. so, if other magician mca is not artificial ? they still can flash cast ?

any source to support your assumption ?
Ordinary magicians can't Flash Cast. As for the source, you just quoted it. Recalling magic sequences from memory is Flash Cast and Tatsuya's just stated that that it's his artificial MCA that allows him to do it.
Old 2013-10-18, 20:14   Link #7117
hakazee

Quote:
Ordinary magicians can't Flash Cast. As for the source, you just quoted it. Recalling magic sequences from memory is Flash Cast and Tatsuya's just stated that that it's his artificial MCA that allows him to do it.

so back to my statement before

Old 2013-10-18, 20:46   Link #7118
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
not sure if what she said was the reason. Judging from Mizuki's reaction, may be Erika was jealo... I mean.. angry that her Tatsuya-kun helped that flirty woman.

about Honoka.... well, they live in different worlds after all. (Due to that I've never considered her to be a possible end girl.)

P.S. Mizuki seems to notice that Erika did have "something" for Tatsuya. May be it's lov.....
P.S.2 Thank you, Dreyakis-sama!! This will make Erika shipper go crazy!!!
Old 2013-10-18, 23:40   Link #7119
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
not sure if what she said was the reason. Judging from Mizuki's reaction, may be Erika was jealo... I mean.. angry that her Tatsuya-kun helped that flirty woman.

about Honoka.... well, they live in different worlds after all. (Due to that I've never considered her to be a possible end girl.)

P.S. Mizuki seems to notice that Erika did have "something" for Tatsuya. May be it's lov.....
P.S.2 Thank you, Dreyakis-sama!! This will make Erika shipper go crazy!!!
I don't usually ship .. but when I do, I always do it with the tough and physical "tomboy"-ish character!

PS: Forgive me, Miyuki~~~~ (and Seitsuki!)

GOING CRAZY!!! (Not actually me)
Old 2013-10-18, 23:54   Link #7120
Seitsuki
Onee!

HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US!?

Just you see. We shall not fail! The God Empress Herself is on our side! Erika's already taken by Leo/Miki/Mizuchimaru/all three anyway.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings