AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-23, 01:41   Link #21
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I see the fanservice in Kill la Kill as satirical rather than craven pandering. The revelation in episode 3 is an example.
Spoiler:

Nakashima is a satirist at heart as even a few episodes of Oh! Edo Rocket will show. The references to Hitler and Japanese school uniforms, and the entire riff on fascism, are not just there for effect but a direct attack on Japanese cultural norms.
I'm having a really hard time digesting that. When there are in-your-face crotch/boobs shots and the audience is shown going all "fuck yeah", it comes across as pandering.

Spoiler for Kill la Kill ep 3:
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-10-23 at 02:16.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 03:40   Link #22
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Half of this post made no sense at all, but as for the rest...

...huh?
well part of this text was more about my experiences, which i have when watching animes and read mangas and learn more "about".

the huh part now...
i see peoples misunderstood what type of anime or manga must be called "ecchi" if just having "fanservice" is enough, this is the reason which fanservice is different from ecchi, the basic definition of fanservice not means only for sexual content but much more, and even the "sexual content" must be "more erotic" than just a random naked bath or pants shots, little random lost fanservice here and there is not enough to qualify a anime or manga as "ecchi".(or hentai like some crazy peoples say)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Anime adaptions should be treated as a completely different work from the manga IMO; it might be the same characters and storyline, but the designs and little details differ a lot.
not full true since most of the animes are adaptation from mangas/ln or visual novels, some of then are near faithfull to the source while others take different routes and normally many ecchi moments in anime come exactly from the source, not all ecchi are fillers scenes, if a manga is ecchi obvious his anime also will be ecchi(the anime team can "increase" the ecchi but normally their dont turn a non ecchi manga/novel in a ecchi(excluding some few cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
What rock have you been living under? Have you seen the threads from ANN and MyAnimeList from 2006-2012?
well indeed some places i avoided not just because the hate of fanservice but because exactly the amount of hate/troll/bash in overall the series gets, when i see a place where looks like a obvious playhouse of haters i just avoid, like i told for me is much more pratical stop of watch or read the anime or manga than just keep watching/reading just for the sake of hate or like some peoples "love to call" i read just to see the end(then why not stop of read and when end come back and read the end???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
A lot of stuff can be "misleading". It's your responsibility to explain...and you aren't gonna convince everyone. All depends on your effort.
this is the point, i dont call "dont watch/read this bs hentai anime/manga, this is a porn full of nakama power and bs things" a good way to convince someone this is how i see some peoples commenting and recommending, this in my opnion make you look like a idiot(if this so trash why you are watching in first place??), i'm not asking for a perfect lesson about everything but at last try to bring both good an bad things and not just the bad and make then look just bad(at last only for you) or even even worse or trash, explain which you can find that things or even worse what matters is how you want to deal.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
All a matter of perception and culture. Yuri is clean in itself, depends on what you do with it. Just IMO though. A Californian will have a different opinion on what is clean compared to a Brazilian.
exactly this one of my points, peoples from different places or even from same place can have different opnions, just because you, or the place where you live dont like fanservice which means fanservice is bad or something from the devil or porn or something like that which i see a lot of peoples claim(again not exactly here but in another communities)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Well, someone else might have a different opinion of that...who knows?
and exactly because of this which we have all that "hate/bash/troll" because in many cases peoples have too much bias and somehow fear let' me give a exemple:

when this FT special chapter come out:
in [mod edit: an illegal scanlation site] i see a guy goes crazy, saying which because mashima make a fun joke with this:
[mod edit: image removed]

a guy goes completly rampage speaking which mashima is a molesters/raper which peoples which read this chapter will turn in rapers(a raper manual, i'm not lying the guy goes completly wild) or which this chapter was made for then even others haters looks to the guy like "wtf with him???", this is a exemple of how horrible vision of the things some peoples can go, Now imagine how that person should be recommending animes or mangas to others, i dont know you but for me "i have a bad feeling about this". and feel bad about the guy which he gonna recommend animes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Not exactly my fault that you didn't do your research. While we aren't college professors, we expect you to put a bit more effort into researching your stuff.
and i dont say which is your fault, if you can provide me with more sources i will be fine(i means sources with really a good amount of info about it not just a forum which peoples comment how their see, and not just some random little info about tag in online read or watch sites), i use the famous "google tool" then while i can read and type(very bad sorry) in english i can't do in japanese then just go to some random blog with some half assed info that does not seem so convincing i try to see the most popular ones.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-25 at 20:52. Reason: removed links/images from illegal scanlation site
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:01   Link #23
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i see peoples misunderstood what type of anime or manga must be called "ecchi" if just having "fanservice" is enough, this is the reason which fanservice is different from ecchi, the basic definition of fanservice not means only for sexual content but much more, and even the "sexual content" must be "more erotic" than just a random naked bath or pants shots, little random lost fanservice here and there is not enough to qualify a anime or manga as "ecchi".(or hentai like some crazy peoples say)
People on the outside looking in can see it that way. But seasoned anime fans A.K.A. the serious business Internet community know there's a difference between has fanservice and -is- fanservice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
not full true since most of the animes are adaptation from mangas/ln or visual novels, some of then are near faithfull to the source while others take different routes and normally many ecchi moments in anime come exactly from the source, not all ecchi are fillers scenes, if a manga is ecchi obvious his anime also will be ecchi(the anime team can "increase" the ecchi but normally their dont turn a non ecchi manga/novel in a ecchi(excluding some few cases).
He's saying an anime should be judged by its own merits and not as an adaptation; pushing the contrary dismisses the anime-only watchers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
well indeed some places i avoided not just because the hate of fanservice but because exactly the amount of hate/troll/bash in overall the series gets, when i see a place where looks like a obvious playhouse of haters i just avoid, like i told for me is much more pratical stop of watch or read the anime or manga than just keep watching/reading just for the sake of hate or like some peoples "love to call" i read just to see the end(then why not stop of read and when end come back and read the end???)
...So what's the harm in a clique bashing something if you can just avoid them and they're not going out of their way for an Anti-Fanservice Crusade?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
this is the point, i dont call "dont watch/read this bs hentai anime/manga, this is a porn full of nakama power and bs things" a good way to convince someone this is how i see some peoples commenting and recommending, this in my opnion make you look like a idiot(if this so trash why you are watching in first place??), i'm not asking for a perfect lesson about everything but at last try to bring both good an bad things and not just the bad and make then look just bad(at last only for you) or even even worse or trash, explain which you can find that things or even worse what matters is how you want to deal.
Most people aren't in-depth on what they watch or read but those that bother actually thinking usually avoid attracting flame wars. It's a good mindset to have but you can't make a stubborn horse drink water. That's what poison is for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
exactly this one of my points, peoples from different places or even from same place can have different opnions, just because you, or the place where you live dont like fanservice which means fanservice is bad or something from the devil or porn or something like that which i see a lot of peoples claim(again not exactly here but in another communities)
Saying this is like me being concerned about why Brazil likes plump women when it's irrelevant to me; if they started going on a BBW crusade on the world A.K.A. shoving their tastes down everyone's throats then there'd be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
and exactly because of this which we have all that "hate/bash/troll" because in many cases peoples have too much bias and somehow fear let' me give a exemple:

when this FT special chapter come out:
in [mod edit: an illegal scanlation site] i see a guy goes crazy, saying which because mashima make a fun joke with this:
[mod edit: image removed]

a guy goes completly rampage speaking which mashima is a molesters/raper which peoples which read this chapter will turn in rapers(a raper manual, i'm not lying the guy goes completly wild) or which this chapter was made for then even others haters looks to the guy like "wtf with him???", this is a exemple of how horrible vision of the things some peoples can go, Now imagine how that person should be recommending animes or mangas to others, i dont know you but for me "i have a bad feeling about this". and feel bad about the guy which he gonna recommend animes.
I have to ask: are you new to the Internet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
and i dont say which is your fault, if you can provide me with more sources i will be fine(i means sources with really a good amount of info about it not just a forum which peoples comment how their see, and not just some random little info about tag in online read or watch sites), i use the famous "google tool" then while i can read and type(very bad sorry) in english i can't do in japanese then just go to some random blog with some half assed info that does not seem so convincing i try to see the most popular ones.
Entertainment has encyclopedic information but that isn't the same as experience. Even professional reviewers are still relying on their experience. The difference being they do it a lot better than most forum goers.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless hothead, a girl packing enough heat to make the NRA jealous, a near-psycho who can block out pain, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-25 at 20:53.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:32   Link #24
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto
...So what's the harm in a clique bashing something if you can just avoid them and they're not going out of their way for an Anti-Fanservice Crusade?
I think his point is "what was an endemic started to become epidemic". Of course, we know that's probably just because he doesn't lurk enough, but it would be better to cut down a bit on the internet elitism.

I'm guessing his concern is akin to what I would feel should the deepest reaches of /b cancers the rest of the internet.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 09:09   Link #25
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I think his point is "what was an endemic started to become epidemic". Of course, we know that's probably just because he doesn't lurk enough, but it would be better to cut down a bit on the internet elitism.

I'm guessing his concern is akin to what I would feel should the deepest reaches of /b cancers the rest of the internet.
The amount of chaos is directly proportional to moderator competency and hopefully that doesn't go away. Most of the "hipsters" I've come across have been well-mannered and the "modernfags" are pretty chill; the vocal minority of either "side" is the real concern. And I say that as someone with friends on both sides of the aisle.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless hothead, a girl packing enough heat to make the NRA jealous, a near-psycho who can block out pain, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.