AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-22, 00:27   Link #81
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Though honestly, I'm sorta still sticking with the idea that the factory raid will take place at midnight. I'm just basing this on the fact that the toy people have a curfew that they're forced to obey, so the dwarf army could take advantage of that (since even Thunder Soldier is forced to obey the curfew, so they could just follow his lead to the factory). And we don't really know for sure if the arena is active at nighttime, do we.....?
IMHO it's a stupid idea to attack the factory at the time when the most people are present.
From all we know the toys aren't really on friendly terms with Doffy, but for some reason they still follow the rules and orders. We still don't know how or if they are controlled, but it could really be possible, that they must fight against the dwarfes if ordered to do so. Therefore it would be better for the dwarfes to attack when as few people as possible are present.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 00:27   Link #82
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
^Just like BDK said. Plus ancient mythical zoan are suppose to be more rare than logias. Having an artificial ancient zoan would only make it look cheap, not to mention the similarities in it. Unless of course XDrake got killed and Kaido gave his DF to 1 of his subordinates. I'm guessing that Kaido's artificial zoan df's are all regular animals like elephants, pigs and tigers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I was talking about Xdrake's ancient df. Like I said, it's rare. Out of 700+ chapters of one piece, they only showed 1 ancient zoan, which is XDrake and 1 mythical zoan, which is Marco. Momonosuke ate an artificial zoan which transforms him into an eastern dragon made by vegapunk, not CC. You can call it mystical if you want but there's no mystical df mentioned in one piece yet.
When I quoted you I was talking about the part where you said Kaido's zoans are normal animals, that's completely retarded.

He uses the same method as Vegapunks which Caesar stole for his own benefit. They're all still the same.

If artificial devil fruits can make you into a mystical zoan then they can make you into an ancient zoan, obviously.

And that's a chinese Dragon God. It can be ancient or mystical. And it's made by the same method as the others, the only difference is that Vegapunk produced that one and it was rumored to be a failure. It was the one known as created by Vegapunk, it's still SAD, obviously. Nothing suggest that Kaido can only have normal animals and that's why I said you need to think more thoroughly, obviously.

The fact that it's a Chinese Dragon God means that it's a mystical Zoan type, anyone with enough common sense can figure that out, you don't need Oda to tell you unless you're an 8 year old with no common sense.

Buddha is also a god which makes it a Mystical zoan type. Momo's type is also a god and that makes it a Mystical zoan type. Reject this with any excuse you want.
Read This Quote Below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In regards to what was explicitly stated in the manga, you are correct. However, Oda confirmed in the Volume 60 SBS that Sengoku's Buddha ability belongs to the mythical zoan class.
Either way you'll just turn out incorrect since it's either Ancient or Mystical. A Chinese Dragon God isn't a normal animal.

Having to explain this crap is quite vexing. At least try thinking things more thoroughly unlike a child. The same goes for the crap about that Dinosaur being Drake. The majority of my predictions and analysis are mostly in the area of accuracy. That means what I say turns out correct most of the time.

And stop with this senseless crap about Kaido killing Drake and taking his Devil Fruit. That's not what happened. Seriously sometimes I feel like I'm discussing and speculating with children. And don't worry, I don't just mean you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I have a better idea. How about just Photoshop Drake's face on that blackened picture. I must admit though, it's very creative/imaginative coloring.

I remember many different imaginative coloring when it was the case with Aokiji. People were saying it's a hat if i remember correctly. But it ended up being an animal sort of figure.



This .


I am finding myself to agree with you more and more on majority stuff each chapter .

I personally think it "could be" Drake, but plot wise it would be more interesting if he wasn't.

Also i agree with you that there is no clear black and white suggestion that it must be drake.

A lot of people are saying it is "Obvious" that it's drake and that i disagree with . I agree with you on this. Nothing suggest that it "must be" drake.

Oda's writing has never been that obvious as to it must be drake.

I personally can see why many people think it is drake. It is the first thing that comes to mind. But knowing Oda it could very well not be drake.
Exactly. Drake isn't the type of Dinosaur that has horns. And in full beast mode they do not have hair still.

The majority of people who go for the obvious normally turn out incorrect when it comes to One Piece because like you said, Oda doesn't make the obvious happen all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Drake was looking for Kaido to more than likely join Kaido.

There is a high chance that Drake is/was looking for Kaido because he was most likely the only person who was both interested and could stop a secrete ( probably kuma) weapon program.

Why would he want it to be stopped? Probably if not stopped the worlds nobles or some bad elements in WG would take control and it would be chaos or something like that.
I don't think that's the case. Lets put it like this. Well at least this is what I would do.
If I wanted to get stronger and become the Pirate King as well as become one of the Emperors, first I'd target one of the Emperors by pissing them off. Messing with their territory or disgracing their name would work out quite well. The targeted emperor would get pissed and begin sending their Underlings after me and that would get me into bigger fights. Taking them out one at a time while decreasing their forces. By the time an emperor decides to come after me I'd be about strong enough to take them on.

Basically Drake may be doing exactly this. It's a good plan. Actually Drake said that if he beats Scotch up Kaido wouldn't leave him alone meaning Kaido would put Drake on his Hit List. He'd be decreasing every force that Kaido sends to kill him and getting stronger in the process. He would also be making a bigger name for himself. Him Lowering Kaido's forces is also beneficial for Luffy and Law.

As you can see after the TS one of the fodder said that Kid and Drake were doing whatever they want in the New World. Kid and Drake both pissed off an Emperor. Big Mam (Kid) Kaido (Drake). So far they're the only supernova's targeting an Emperor.

You can see how pathetic the other Supernova's are for not being listed as the ones causing trouble. Their bounties are pretty low and that suggests they haven't done anything serious or fought anyone serious. They're the weakest with the least potential.
Now Luffy and Law are going after Kaido and Luffy has already pissed off Big Mam and she's already targeting him (Luffy's targeting her) and trying to kill him which you can judge from their phone call on Fishmen Island and the fact that on Punk hazard Pekoms said that "So that's where they were" and said that they should tell Big Mam. That means Big Mam has been looking for Luffy. Kid is decreasing her forces which is beneficial for Luffy.

Drake, Kid, Luffy & Law doing big time work. Now after Dressrosa every Big Name will be targeting them. It's great benefit in many ways.

If this makes sense to you then you should be able to figure out the rest without me telling you. This suggest that Drake is not working for Kaido, he's trying to kill Kaido. Wouldn't make any sense for him to become Kaido's little dog underling being sent out to take out trash like Caribou, it wouldn't seem right.

If Kid or Drake gets in Luffy or Laws way then I suppose that Luffy will either kick their ass or work with them. I prefer if they kick their asses because it wouldn't be as beneficial for their plans to work with someone who will betray them and try to kill them for the Emperor position. Kid and Drake need to get put in their place.

These One Piece fans can't understand these sort of things. They're just fan boys which is why they can't make sensible predictions or discussions. Proof of that is what you see in this thread and many before and after it. Not every subject though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
What exactly are these "more things"?

And who said the person biting Caribou was in their full beast mode as opposed to hybrid? Or partial transformations? In which case hair remains
Use your common sense to figure out what the "More Things" are.

And I've already considered that. But I highly doubt that's the case. Also when they're in their full beast mode the hair doesn't show until they've transformed at least 50% to their human forms and obviously that Dinosaur hasn't even come close to it. If it turns out to be the case then that's that. But there's more sense against it being Drake and that's what I'm going by.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-22 at 16:28.
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 06:00   Link #83
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
@Shockingly, I guess we're going to have to find out who's right, when they reveal the df user who attacked Caribou.

I heard that we're having a colored spread next week, to celebrate the 300 M copies the manga reached in volume 72.
__________________
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 06:51   Link #84
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
@Shockingly, I guess we're going to have to find out who's right, when they reveal the df user who attacked Caribou.

I heard that we're having a colored spread next week, to celebrate the 300 M copies the manga reached in volume 72.
Well that's unfortunate. I hope the color spread looks good at least.
If it has sold that many then it has already far surpassed the Dragon Ball, Z series. One Piece has become best Anime/Manga series in history.

Now that it's airing in America on Adult Swim it should become more popular which is exactly what it deserves. Actually the people from Shonen Jump said the same thing.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-22 at 15:44.
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 18:35   Link #85
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
@Shockingly, I guess we're going to have to find out who's right, when they reveal the df user who attacked Caribou.

I heard that we're having a colored spread next week, to celebrate the 300 M copies the manga reached in volume 72.
Jon, i think me and Shocking are saying that it doesn't have to be Drake. Some people here are saying " It is (beyond doubt) drake ". We are just disagreeing with that.

So in a way/technically , we can't be wrong *. Because we aren't discarding the possibility that he is Drake.

But any one who says it must be Drake could be wrong if he isn't.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 11:28   Link #86
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
I don't think that's the case. Lets put it like this. Well at least this is what I would do.
If I wanted to get stronger and become the Pirate King as well as become one of the Emperors, first I'd target one of the Emperors by pissing them off. Messing with their territory or disgracing their name would work out quite well. The targeted emperor would get pissed and begin sending their Underlings after me and that would get me into bigger fights. Taking them out one at a time while decreasing their forces. By the time an emperor decides to come after me I'd be about strong enough to take them on.

Basically Drake may be doing exactly this. It's a good plan. Actually Drake said that if he beats Scotch up Kaido wouldn't leave him alone meaning Kaido would put Drake on his Hit List. He'd be decreasing every force that Kaido sends to kill him and getting stronger in the process. He would also be making a bigger name for himself. Him Lowering Kaido's forces is also beneficial for Luffy and Law.
you make it sound like pokemon, where you level up after fighting. That certainly happens sometimes, especially with the sh crew, but it isn't consistent. If kaido found out someone was beating up all his subordinates, he wouldn't just send the next strongest, to see who would get beaten next. He would skip to a top subordinate, and then you would be screwed.

Besides, why wouldn't drake join kaido's crew? He would have power and prestige, and would probably be an officer due to his previous bounty. Maybe he joins up just because he likes it, like Ace did when he joined the WB crew. There is absolutely no evidence either way, other than that drake fought with Kaido's subordinate and is now (potentially) fighting caribou, who killed that subordinate.

As for whether he is the dinasour depicted or not, who knows? But if I had to bet money, i'd put my money on the dinasour being drake.
__________________
where is the cheese. WHERE IS THE-

Last edited by wombface; 2013-10-23 at 16:45. Reason: grammar
wombface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 18:35   Link #87
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Eh, I was gonna wait on posting this until we got a better image of it, but what the heck: The cover for volume 72 has been revealed!





^As you can see, the small size was precisely the reason why I was hesitant to post this. Anyway, not a bad cover! Gladiator Luffy Lucy, Chinjao, Rebecca, Thunder Soldier, Usopp, and some various dwarf folks. But naturally, it's the SBS I'm looking forward to the most.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 01:03   Link #88
Sakuranbo
Kitsune Spy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foxglove
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Eh, I was gonna wait on posting this until we got a better image of it, but what the heck: The cover for volume 72 has been revealed!





^As you can see, the small size was precisely the reason why I was hesitant to post this. Anyway, not a bad cover! Gladiator Luffy Lucy, Chinjao, Rebecca, Thunder Soldier, Usopp, and some various dwarf folks. But naturally, it's the SBS I'm looking forward to the most.....
It's small but still a great looking cover. It's almost hard to believe we're already at 72 volumes and still going strong.
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 12:29   Link #89
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Exactly. Drake isn't the type of Dinosaur that has horns. And in full beast mode they do not have hair still.
Forms can change over time.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 18:55   Link #90
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Well since Scotch was incharge of the island, i'm guessing that Kaido gave the position to XDrake after he defeated Scotch or XDrake took over the island and made Scotch his subordinate, which I highly doubt.
__________________
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 10:40   Link #91
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
The majority of my predictions and analysis are mostly in the area of accuracy. That means what I say turns out correct most of the time.
No offense but: Which of your predictions are you referring to?
All I remember you did until now, was post a false spoiler, get into a little kiddy fight with another newcomer and treat people with arrogance and disrespect, always implying that you are omniscient.

You seem to have a sharp mind and you know a lot about One Piece but in my eyes, you should really work on your attitude.


Anyways, the cover looks decent, but like marvelB, I'm really looking forward to the SBS.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 23:35   Link #92
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
IMHO it's a stupid idea to attack the factory at the time when the most people are present.
From all we know the toys aren't really on friendly terms with Doffy, but for some reason they still follow the rules and orders.[/QUOTE]


I think it's clear that the toy DF power is what forces them to obey the curfew. And really, I think it makes a LOT of sense to sneak into the factory at nighttime, when there probably won't be any people above ground to notice anything suspicious. Besides, I doubt Oda would have went to the trouble of bringing up the curfew in the first place if it weren't going to be relevant to the plot, anyhow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
We still don't know how or if they are controlled, but it could really be possible, that they must fight against the dwarfes if ordered to do so. Therefore it would be better for the dwarfes to attack when as few people as possible are present.

We have zero reason at this point to assume that the toy people would suddenly turn hostile. If that were the case, Thunder Soldier (who's acting as the commander of the dwarf army, remember) would have indicated as such. If anything, I'm pretty sure that most of the toys would do whatever they can to help since they'd undoubtedly want to become human again. Any toys who do turn out to be enemies would have to have been bad people to begin with (Dofla's thugs, in other words).





Anyway, with that response out of the way, I should mention that the next chapter's spoilers are out, so new thread!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.