AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 16:38   Link #1141
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Xbone launch lineup was already better, now it's clearly better.

It's Knack, Killzone & Resogun vs Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct & Crimson Dragon. I'm leaning towards picking up a Xbone at launch now myself and waiting until Infamous is out to get a ps4. In Australia it's PS4 for $549, Xbone for $599, but of course the Xbone comes with FIFA 14 which retails for $90. ps4 really should be 499 aus...

otoh i might just sit out next gen until next spring... but damn 2k looks so good... need too see gameplay camera angles though.
That's like... you opinion man.

But seriously that's just your opinion, just because you think their lineup of games appeal to you doesn't mean everyone has the same train of tought. For example Dead Rising was never my kind of zombie game and never really liked it, Killer Instinct is prety much a p2p game, the only thing Forza has that interest me is the custom paint mechanic, also from how I heard it's going to be distributed it sounds like it's unfinished, etc.

So please don't pass up your preferences as fact.
Old 2013-10-21, 18:24   Link #1142
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Feels. Feels everywhere. Fantastic ad.
I don't remember FF7 having cheesy voiceovers
Old 2013-10-21, 18:25   Link #1143
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Feels. Feels everywhere. Fantastic ad.
Right in the nostalgia. :')
Old 2013-10-21, 21:05   Link #1144
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I don't remember FF7 having cheesy voiceovers
Yeah that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Right in the nostalgia. :')
Yep. Sony is really trying hard to get rid of that negative PS3 days image.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:45   Link #1145
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
For example Dead Rising was never my kind of zombie game and never really liked it, Killer Instinct is prety much a p2p game, the only thing Forza has that interest me is the custom paint mechanic, also from how I heard it's going to be distributed it sounds like it's unfinished, etc.
All 3 games, based on people's impression from the demo kiosk, sound like they are rushed to release, especially Forza. I won't comment about Ryse, since I haven't had a good impression regarding it, and anything coming from me could be seen as negative point.

Xbone's launch line up (not launch window line up) has more titles than the PS4 if we exclude all the indie ones, as this has been the case since apparently Xbox fans don't like indie games, but the quality is hardly arguably better. Killzone alone is triumphing over other shooter in scale and graphic already. BF4 is also better on the PS4, which could be one of the biggest selling point for the PS4.

For myself, I'm waiting for the Japan's release since none of those titles interest me, aside than probably Killzone and Resogun.
Old 2013-10-22, 12:44   Link #1146
Sacredus

YouTube
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 15:49   Link #1147
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
apparently Xbox fans don't like indie games
Xbox Arcade games in XBOX 360 disagree.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 18:01   Link #1148
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
I think Dou meant that since in almost every comment board Xbox fan keep saying that the Indies releasing day one aren't AAA titles, that they suck and that they also keep calling PS4 Indiestaton 4 means that they don't like them since the are looking down on them and I agree with Duo they tout the XBLA when it's good for them but when Sony gets great Indie games they suddenly turn to crap at least that's what they basically say.
Old 2013-10-22, 23:19   Link #1149
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Try visiting the Xbox board, and say how PS4 has more games with those indie games. You will hear indie games are not game.
Old 2013-10-23, 00:56   Link #1150
Westlo
Lets be reality

Personally I couldn't give a shit about the massive amount of indie games on PS4, people go on about how they add to the release schedule and help break up droughts in game releases. You know what I'll be doing in between PS4 (or Xbone whatever) game droughts if I buy the system? Playing PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, PC games instead.

Because yeah I'll rather play a re-release of a indie game that's been on pc for years over Dark Souls 2 or Gran Tursimo 6 or Bravery Default or Ultra Street Figher IV etc I didn't give a shit about the indie game rereleases on the VITA, I aint gonna give a shit about them on PS4 either. Big games sell units, all the indie games in the world aint gonna help out the VITA against the 3DS.

The "indie" games that interest me are the ones that are actually exclusive to the console and not something already on PC. Stuff like D4 and Below for Xbone, as well as RIME and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture on the PS4. Stuff you know that I can't buy cheaper on the PC with more than likely superior controls (minecraft).

Also I'm sure you guys didn't give a shit about indie games when piss all was on the PS3 and the 360 was getting them. But now it's "crucial", spare me please.

Quote:
Killer Instinct is prety much a p2p game
The fuck you on about? You mean f2p? It's a $20 game for 8 characters and it has a revolving free character anyway can play with. Like Ultimate DoA 5 has 4 standard free characters and about 3-4 additional ones rotated through the roster.

Knack looks horrible and will be a PS Plus game within a years time. Killzone is Killzone, looks great but lets see how it plays first since most of them have been mediocre, Resogun should be fun. Pathetic exclusive launch is pathetic.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 01:30   Link #1151
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm yeah, good for you. I don't think anybody here was trying to convince you to play Indie game though- Only that you don't take your opinion as facts.... And that's only from one post.

Chill, no need to get aggressive

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-10-23 at 01:41.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 02:05   Link #1152
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also I'm sure you guys didn't give a shit about indie games when piss all was on the PS3 and the 360 was getting them. But now it's "crucial", spare me please.
Not sure where you pull your "I'm sure" when you're talking about us, but it was crucial to the Xbox 360 fanboy, so why it can't be crucial now when it's on the PS4?
Old 2013-10-25, 12:25   Link #1153
Reality_Breaker

So a day one patch is announced for PS4, also a new decent Xbone ad is released and every Xbox fan start declaring Xbone won?... what?

Also the same people who a few months ago were saying things like ''Everyone should have an internet connection in this day and age'' are now complaining about the day one patch, which by the way is only 300mb, also they seem to forget that Wii U had one too and the Xbone is getting one to change it from a DRMbox into a ''console'' and let it be used without the forced kinect. There are time that i'm ashamed to be a gamer this is one of those times, I have never facepalmed as much as I have done since the Xbone was originally announced.
Old 2013-10-25, 16:10   Link #1154
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
So a day one patch is announced for PS4, also a new decent Xbone ad is released and every Xbox fan start declaring Xbone won?... what?

Also the same people who a few months ago were saying things like ''Everyone should have an internet connection in this day and age'' are now complaining about the day one patch, which by the way is only 300mb, also they seem to forget that Wii U had one too and the Xbone is getting one to change it from a DRMbox into a ''console'' and let it be used without the forced kinect. There are time that i'm ashamed to be a gamer this is one of those times, I have never facepalmed as much as I have done since the Xbone was originally announced.
Pretty much have to agree with you here. Yes it's a Day One system patch, but every system is pretty much getting them these days. Also, it's not going to be as big as the Wii U and Xbone Day One patches (unless there's going to be some slowdown due to everyone trying to get on the server, it won't be that long of a download, as I was able to download a 227 add-on for Arkham Origins today in just two minutes on my PS3).
Old 2013-10-25, 22:14   Link #1155
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, at least you are still able to play game without the Day One Patch, but this is one of the reason I hardly ever get any system at launch.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:19   Link #1156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think those people are forgetting why the Xbone day one patch was a big deal at the time-- the fear was that if all of that DRM function could be 'fixed' with just a patch, what's stopping them from 'unpatching' it somewhere down the road?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 23:23   Link #1157
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Nearly every piece of software I purchased has a day one patch.

PS4's day one patch is used to improve it; XB1's day one patch is used to remove the built in DRM.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:32   Link #1158
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think those people are forgetting why the Xbone day one patch was a big deal at the time-- the fear was that if all of that DRM function could be 'fixed' with just a patch, what's stopping them from 'unpatching' it somewhere down the road?
Main Event pointed that out as well.
Old 2013-10-26, 00:27   Link #1159
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

PlayStation 4 FAQ (How sharing games works, activations, friends displayed)

Images

Seems good enough. I could still share game with my friend, just have to go with some roundabout path.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-10-30 at 04:09.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 04:33   Link #1160
Sagi

This is my second sony system I'm not buying at launch, it doesn't have a good launch line up in my opinion.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote