AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-26, 12:31   Link #281
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
The anime gave Serara the honour of getting back at her tormentor while lowering the brutality of the scene. In the novel, Demicus was already dead after the Nyanta-Shiroe combo but his corpse was still around. Though he himself doubted its effectiveness, Shiroe beheaded the dead man to serve as an object lesson.
NHK PG-13!
Novel 18+

Yeah... I don't think they'd ever animate that. Especially after the nice boat incident. So the anime added game theory and added a sequence for the Akatsuki to introduce character skills and skill cool-down to people who don't play games. In some ways its smart since you wouldn't need to take up time to explain skill by skill although a anime guide book seems like the most logical choice for them to release after Log Horizon is over .
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:03   Link #282
Avento
Lone Wolf
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz
Yeah... I don't think they'd ever animate that. Especially after the nice boat incident. So the anime added game theory and added a sequence for the Akatsuki to introduce character skills and skill cool-down to people who don't play games. In some ways its smart since you wouldn't need to take up time to explain skill by skill although a anime guide book seems like the most logical choice for them to release after Log Horizon is over .
there's a guidebook for anime? what kind of anime need a guide book?
__________________
If you're going on a holiday, which would you prefer? The sea or mountain? I would pick both. The sea of blood and the mountain of corpses

Avento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:12   Link #283
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
they are usually put in BD , kinda like danganronpa explained all the executions
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:42   Link #284
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Will demiclass show up in the future? In the manga he down't to talk much because he died then and there from the combo.

Rondark was knifed by shiroe before they left. Its more like a reminder or warning in the manga. He gutted the guy in front of the guild.

You can add anyone I. The friend list without the other person accepting the request?
Yeah, Demidemi shows up again, but... rather humorously disgraced.

Rondark the mage, on the other hand, will likely become a more prominent antagonist,
Spoiler:
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:54   Link #285
Quol
That Guy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Road of Life
About thorn bind hostage, could shiroe use it and then use electric fuzz or another damaging move to activate them or is it other-people-hit only?
__________________
Mondaiji-Taichi
"I'm - just as the appearance suggests - uncivilized and savage, Sakamaki Izayoi. Vulgar, Brutal, and Hedonistic, all that I need to be a hopeless person,
so please follow the Rules of Use and Dosage Guidelines, when interacting with me."

Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:57   Link #286
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
NHK PG-13!
Novel 18+

Yeah... I don't think they'd ever animate that. Especially after the nice boat incident. So the anime added game theory and added a sequence for the Akatsuki to introduce character skills and skill cool-down to people who don't play games. In some ways its smart since you wouldn't need to take up time to explain skill by skill although a anime guide book seems like the most logical choice for them to release after Log Horizon is over .
Ehhh, my bad. I got the wrong person

Please refer to aohige's post in the anime thread =3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In the novel, Demikaus didn't survive the combo.
All 10 thorns were activated, and we didn't have Serara finish him off.

Changing topics, BTW, censorship issue for the episode:

In the novel Akatsuki does not finish off the mage, she holds him hostage for a bit.
After Demikaus dies, and Shiroe's party are leaving on the gryphon, Shiroe finishes off the mage by slitting his throat with a knife.

I guess that was just too much for NHK.
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:58   Link #287
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, Demidemi shows up again, but... rather humorously disgraced.

Rondark the mage, on the other hand, will likely become a more prominent antagonist,
Spoiler:
Minami? south city? draconian? there are dragon race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
About thorn bind hostage, could shiroe use it and then use electric fuzz or another damaging move to activate them or is it other-people-hit only?
By the description of the spell. You'll need someone to attack it. Useless for solo.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:08   Link #288
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Minami? south city? draconian? there are dragon race?



By the description of the spell. You'll need someone to attack it. Useless for solo.
No draconian as in severe look it up in the dictionary. Think Ministry of Magic from Harry Potter.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:09   Link #289
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avento View Post
there's a guidebook for anime? what kind of anime need a guide book?
Yeah, The first thing I found.
http://www.hlj.com/product/KDK10026
Guide books are petty popular. They're usually used to go into the details the anime can't get into it because of production cost or time constraints.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:09   Link #290
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Minami? south city? draconian? there are dragon race?
dra·co·ni·an
drəˈkōnēən,drā-/
adjective

1.
(of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:12   Link #291
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Minami? south city? draconian? there are dragon race?
Draconian society is a authoritarian, oppressive form of government.

Minami means south, but it's actually in the west where Osaka is.
In real life, Minami is a downtown area full of commerce. Osaka's shopping town.

Susukino is a red-light district, infamous for prostitution btw.
I guess it goes with Brigandia's female slave trading theme.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:15   Link #292
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
About thorn bind hostage, could shiroe use it and then use electric fuzz or another damaging move to activate them or is it other-people-hit only?
Hmmm, the novel does mention that it works with physical attacks from the Enchanter's party members. So even though that Serara KOing Demidemi part wasn't in the novel, it did in a way stay true to its settings =3

On Thorn Bind Hostage, it does work fine as additional damage dealt by party members (it might even be a useful spell to help newbies kill monsters that are slightly out-of-their-league) or a method to bypass the Kannagi's protective barriers. But then again, the requirements for using it as an attack is a hassle and with classes like the Sorcerer capable of dealing more damage than it does with normal attacks, it's not hard to see why T.B.H is not highly-thought of among players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Draconian society is a authoritarian, oppressive form of government.

Minami means south, but it's actually in the west where Osaka is.
In real life, Minami is a downtown area full of commerce. Osaka's shopping town.

Susukino is a red-light district, infamous for prostitution btw.
I guess it goes with Brigandia's female slave trading theme.
I wonder how Marielle, being an Osaka native, will feel about Minami becoming an enemy camp
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:27   Link #293
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Seems like going to the next town is the equivalent to suicide if you aren't a high leveled player with decent gear and friends. Whoever designed this system is pretty draconian themselves!
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:57   Link #294
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
No, more like, whoever designed Elder Tale had no idea it will one day turn into a real world.
That's why things "that couldn't happen when it was just a game" is not addressed.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 17:04   Link #295
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, more like, whoever designed Elder Tale had no idea it will one day turn into a real world.
That's why things "that couldn't happen when it was just a game" is not addressed.
Log Horizon is actually Zegapain in disguise!
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:17   Link #296
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
I have a question. I wonder if it was covered in the novel. What would Shiroe do to escape if the person who saved Serara isn't Nyanta? Plot hole?
teja208 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:20   Link #297
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I have a question. I wonder if it was covered in the novel. What would Shiroe do to escape if the person who saved Serara isn't Nyanta? Plot hole?
Why does it have to be a plot hole just because it was a different scenario? I'm sure Shiroe could have come up with another plan. Hell I'm sure he had a plan just in case the 1v1 didn't happen.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:32   Link #298
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
The better question should be, why is that demi-something not affected by Naotsugu's Anchor Howl. In the novel, it's mentioned that Anchor Howl affect everyone that can hear's Naotsugu's Anchor Howl's shout, so it's kinda strange that Demi-something is not affected by it.
__________________
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:40   Link #299
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The better question should be, why is that demi-something not affected by Naotsugu's Anchor Howl. In the novel, it's mentioned that Anchor Howl affect everyone that can hear's Naotsugu's Anchor Howl's shout, so it's kinda strange that Demi-something is not affected by it.
Either he wasn't in range or even if he was affected by it I'm pretty sure Naotsugu was busy fending off his goons. He wouldn't of had time to attack the monk guy anyway. Plus the plan was to demoralize the group.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:48   Link #300
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
That's not the problem though. Anchor Howl, being an area provoke skill should provoke anyone in the area near Naotsugu casting it, whether regardless of Naotsugu's intention. The novel clearly stated that this area being the area where the enemy can still hear Naotsugu's shout. I know that not provoking this demi-something guy is part of the plan, but this guy clearly should be close enough to Naotsugu's position to be able to hear his shout(no reason for him to be so far from his guild member), yet he's not affected by the skill, why is that?
__________________
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.