AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Old 2013-11-01, 17:06   Link #1241
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nobody commented on this but I thought it was pretty neat that Ryuko's scissors can shrink to pocket size now. It sure is convenient.
Old 2013-11-01, 17:27   Link #1242
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nobody commented on this but I thought it was pretty neat that Ryuko's scissors can shrink to pocket size now. It sure is convenient.
Although I was for a moment expecting her to stick them in the waistband of her pantsu all Mysterious Girlfriend X style!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 19:16   Link #1243
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Actually kinda preferred her carrying around that big case. Might be weird, I guess but it give her that extra badass factor and charm.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 19:30   Link #1244
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually kinda preferred her carrying around that big case. Might be weird, I guess but it give her that extra badass factor and charm.
Yeah it gave her a wandering ronen feel. but, I guess this is easier to animate.
Old 2013-11-01, 19:36   Link #1245
Candyshark

A sudden switch of mood wacky jokes last episode. Political intriques this. That could pass as very macabre rendering of historical events.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 20:03   Link #1246
Raymondjram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
Overall this episode was as good as expected. I find it almost weird to say that I'm only five episodes in and I'm sad that the series is only two cours long. Why can't this be a Space Bros style 100 episode series?

What I spent most of this week focusing on was just how cool it was to watch Ryuko with all of her power getting her ass kicked by this vastly more competent fellow was too watch. Neither her, nor the rediculous club based minions stood the slightest hint of a chance.

Also, I think this episode lays to rest our discussion of who is the mastermind. The implication that there is some vast and powerful organization working behind the scenes means for sure that they have a bigger role in the events of the series then we are currently giving them credit for. Expect to hear more of a nudist beach in the future.
I also believe we will see this guy again. He was moved by the way Senketsu came alive to protect Ryuko, then Ryuko was protecting Senketsu, so he sees that the Kamui will not become a "monster" as he has seen before on a woman in his past. He may actually become an ally when Ryuko needs one, probably at the end.
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 20:15   Link #1247
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

He will almost certainly be an ally later on. He's an anti-hero but a hero none the less.
Old 2013-11-01, 21:22   Link #1248
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Ok, this is a crazy theory but I just had this thought...

...what if Mako was actually being built up to be a villain. She has a personality type that is extremely zealous and exuberant, but also, it seems, kind of sociopathic, and potentially easy to mislead.

That probably isn't going to happen but it would be an insane plot twist. Some theories for how this could play out are that she could gain control of a Kamui and go berserker or she could become kind of like the Rossiu of Kill la Kill (if Ryuko defeats the school council and gets into a position of authority).
Old 2013-11-01, 21:27   Link #1249
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

You have seen the thing from /a/ right?
Old 2013-11-01, 21:32   Link #1250
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post

...what if Mako was actually being built up to be a villain. She has a personality type that is extremely zealous and exuberant, but also, it seems, kind of sociopathic, and potentially easy to mislead.

That probably isn't going to happen but it would be an insane plot twist. Some theories for how this could play out are that she could gain control of a Kamui and go berserker or she could become kind of like the Rossiu of Kill la Kill (if Ryuko defeats the school council and gets into a position of authority).
Personally, I think the evil!Mako theories are a bit ridiculous. The show is probably building up something for her, but I don't think it'll be a plot twist like her being a villain. Given the minor descriptions of Episode 7 that I've heard so far, I'm guessing the closest we'll see of that is Mako being put in a situation where she has to choose between Ryuuko and her family.

However, there's definitely plenty of evidence to indicate that Mako is a lot smarter and/or tougher than she looks. Like Uzu's line in Episode 1, the fact that Mako could take such an insane beating in Episode 2, the group of students that appeared to be defeated by brooms in this week's episode.

So yeah, I won't be surprised if it turns out that Mako can hold herself in a fight even without a Kamui or a Star uniform.
VirgilTheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 21:49   Link #1251
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
You have seen the thing from /a/ right?
Yeah and then I thought about Rossiu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTheart View Post
Personally, I think the evil!Mako theories are a bit ridiculous.
It's a crazy theory that doesn't hold a lot of weight, but if I'm proven right I can point back to that post and claim that I'm Nostradamus. Your theories are much more sensible.
Old 2013-11-01, 22:02   Link #1252
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
It's a crazy theory that doesn't hold a lot of weight, but if I'm proven right I can point back to that post and claim that I'm Nostradamus. Your theories are much more sensible.
I can't fault you for that!

Also, ZabiLegacy, I do think you bring up a good point about the potentially path Ryuuko could be heading towards. Aside from the whole revenge motive and the "becoming a monster with Senketsu" thing that Tsumugu predicted this week, we also have these little ditties to consider:
  1. Ryuuko's color scheme (black and red) is classic villain attire.
  2. Ryuuko pulled off two to three "I'll get you next time!" getaways (which is a classic villain trope) in the first two episodes.
  3. She has a personality that could potentially lead her towards corruption.
Old 2013-11-01, 22:08   Link #1253
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Do want people to hate Mako or something? Nobody wants another Rossiu. Nobody.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 22:11   Link #1254
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Points one and two are comedic notes. Point three is important. Even if she is not being led down a path of evil, the fact that she is being actively manipulated by two different factions for their own ends implies a degree of susceptibility to manipulation.
Old 2013-11-01, 22:18   Link #1255
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Points one and two are comedic notes. Point three is important. Even if she is not being led down a path of evil, the fact that she is being actively manipulated by two different factions for their own ends implies a degree of susceptibility to manipulation.
Oh they're definitely comedic notes. However, if the show were to go down such a path as Ryuuko falling to the Dark Side and such, those comedic notes could be recognized as a bit of minor foreshadowing.

But you're right in that the third point is definitely the most important detail and even if she doesn't fall down the dark path, it is very likely that Ryuuko will end up being manipulated by the other factions of the show and only make matters worse for the people around her.
Old 2013-11-01, 22:44   Link #1256
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Then we have this bit of speculation:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lol... I guess it's been speculated too about why Mako seems to be punished a lot, there has to be a reason. Like maybe's she in with the Teach. Probably her job is moral support for Ryuuko
Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
Ryuuko upgrades from /a/

Code:
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/96074245/
Wow, now that's awesome I always knew there were other none-Japanese photoshopper's like me out there, I just didn't know where

Edit:
NSFW
Ryuuko just has to be nsfw XD
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh that face, it makes me melt so much

Last edited by mangatron; 2013-11-02 at 01:28. Reason: Added pic
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 01:39   Link #1257
klare

so this "naked nudist" big guy also have his own back story, maybe he lost his sister or girlfriend to a kamui

those 100+ minions got whacked too fast, Mako is funny as usual, too bad the music club not have chance to showcase their powers yet
Old 2013-11-02, 01:58   Link #1258
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As a devoted Chihayafuru follower, I was glad to see the karuta club get in its licks!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 02:00   Link #1259
whitecloud

Evil mako theory? I more think she is in nudist faction...secret operative...

http://i.imgur.com/DIfIIBs.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-11-02 at 03:02.
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 02:04   Link #1260
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
I keep mentioning since I made deal of it a bit ago, but while their relationship seems healthy, there is something slightly sinister about Senketsu, as well as the fact that normally someone on a mindless quest for vengance isn't something portrayed positively too often in media anymore. Maybe the series is aluding to some sort of twist or tone shift later down the line?
Or senketsu might not know himself yet due to his memory loss.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aniplex, comedy, fanservice, high school, imaishi, trigger