AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-01, 21:16   Link #241
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Well that is a grand opening with bunnygirls and 90% off for the first few costumers
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 23:37   Link #242
RobotCat
In a Box
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere on the west coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
An appliance store grand opening has an idol live performance as part of the event? Isn't that a little over the top? And I don't see how they can make a profit with those sales.

And really now, Airi. It was bad enough that you condemned him for his job and then got one that was even more demeaning, but at a place whose motto is "get every last gold out of the customer?" What sort of work is that for a hero?
It's to get people in the door. It's like those Black Friday sales where you lose money on a select number of items (limited) in order to attract people and have them buy other items where you do make a profit. It also gives people brand awareness and gets them to come back in the future.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 00:51   Link #243
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
it's really a funny and good story but rau is exactly one of the things which make me hate "harem" i really hate this type of mc, that clichê chickening guy, which know everything about everything(a good fight and smart) but when comes to love turn in a disgrace of manly, see a guy like that make me really hate this "otaku" way of see the things(in order to be popular with womans you must try to be completly shy, recluse, clueless and wait for the god of manga give you tons of girls for nothing or be some variations of disgusting pervert mcs), really see and hear mcs like raul hurt a lot my eyes and ears, why he can't be a few more "normal" person, why we can't have mcs, like laurence from spice and wolf or Niiya Teiichi from tasogare, mahiro from nyaruko(wich even being a tsundere he at last in his own way is trying to develop his relationship with nyaruko, not just "avoiding her at all cost) or even guys like natsu from fairy tail(which even being a few oblivious or try to hidden his feelings at last dont keep runing or have fear to hold hands with the girl he likes), why harem mcs in most of the times must be some sort of disgusting clichê mcs which or are, chickening(can't stand with womans) or completly pervs, why is so hard have a middle term (i guy in which i can believe which exist)

i really like this anime but this mc omg is so hard to bear him, everytime i see him with fino, i feel a urge to punch/kick this guy or at last order him to learn to be a "man" not a useless piece of trash which i believe even a 8 or 10 years old boy can be better than this disgrace of something wich try to cal himself a man.

and the worst is which he is a "hero" "WTF" is this type of hero??????, he can kill thousand of demons/monsters/humanoids/undeads, but completly shy/run/avoid girls???? i'm not asking he to be a pervert but to be a "man". the girls (specially fino) are the only thing who keep me watching this series, why rau can't be more like submanager

Last edited by Konakaga; 2013-11-25 at 10:36. Reason: Please watch your mouth more
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 12:49   Link #244
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
it's really a funny and good story but rau is exactly one of the things which make me hate "harem" i really hate this type of mc, that clichê chickening guy, which know everything about everything(a good fight and smart) but when comes to love turn in a disgrace of manly, see a guy like that make me really hate this "otaku" way of see the things(in order to be popular with womans you must try to be completly shy, recluse, clueless and wait for the god of manga give you tons of girls for nothing or be some variations of disgusting pervert mcs), really see and hear mcs like raul hurt a lot my eyes and ears, why he can't be a few more "normal" person, why we can't have mcs, like laurence from spice and wolf or Niiya Teiichi from tasogare, mahiro from nyaruko(wich even being a tsundere he at last in his own way is trying to develop his relationship with nyaruko, not just "avoiding her at all cost) or even guys like natsu from fairy tail(which even being a few oblivious or try to hidden his feelings at last dont keep runing or have fear to hold hands with the girl he likes), why harem mcs in most of the times must be some sort of disgusting clichê mcs which or are, chickening(can't stand with womans) or completly pervs, why is so hard have a middle term (i guy in which i can believe which exist)

i really like this anime but this mc omg is so hard to bear him, everytime i see him with fino, i feel a urge to punch/kick/kill this guy or at last order him to learn to be a "man" not a useless piece of trash which i believe even a 8 or 10 years old boy can be better than this disgrace of something wich try to cal himself a man.

and the worst is which he is a "hero" "WTF" is this type of hero??????, he can kill thousand of demons/monsters/humanoids/undeads, but completly shy/run/avoid girls???? i'm not asking he to be a pervert but to be a "man".

really when i hear which in japan being a otaku is more like name calling/behavious/insult, sometimes i think this have a reason since if this is the "otaku" model of "how to make a girl fall in love", then really, really i call this very disgusting, the girls (specially fino) are the only thing who keep me watching this series, why rau can't be more like submanager
While I sort of get where you're going to this, try to remember that Fino has all the mental maturity of a five year old. She had no idea of the significance of her actions, and taking advantage of her would have been screwed up in the worst way possible.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 13:01   Link #245
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
especially because he is a hero he can't take advantage of a girl's lack of knowledge. He is the sorta of a guy (like some,not all, military american kids are depicted in movies) who would have sex only after marriage
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 14:25   Link #246
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
While I sort of get where you're going to this, try to remember that Fino has all the mental maturity of a five year old. She had no idea of the significance of her actions, and taking advantage of her would have been screwed up in the worst way possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
especially because he is a hero he can't take advantage of a girl's lack of knowledge. He is the sorta of a guy (like some,not all, military american kids are depicted in movies) who would have sex only after marriage
yep i know but why he dont teach??? instead of just "avoid" and runing, fino already showed which she can "learn" if you proper teach her and she even aware of "sex"(due to her father raping girls) she not completly clueless or something like that, again i'm not ask him to be a pervert or molest, but at last be a "man"(or at last act like really a person from his age i supposed to act) even tarzan or mogli which both of then lived part of their lifes with "animals" are much less "stupids" childish than him, if fino have a 5 years mind then rau have a 1 or 2 years when come to womans

this what i really hate on harem mcs, why we can't have a "mc" where we can believe which actually can exist in the world, when we have pure comic mcs like yuma from kore wa or the guy from new ore bla bla bla anime, fine his behaviour is excused with the comic part but whe we have a guy like rau which was supposed to be a "serious guy" wtf is unbearable and disgusting, he looks like come from a dimension/planet/world or something like that where only have mans which only living to fight and womans or being lovely never existed(c'mon he even have a girl as partner and he was supposed to living in a normal place with childrens of both gender.

again i'm not ask him to be a pervert or try to take advantage of her but really act like a real person which can teach everything to her(at last share what he know since she is on his responsability) without blushing/shy/stutter/changing the talk, everytime(ok i know some topic are not all the proper to a guy talk with a girl but not everyone specially when you know the girl and know which she needs help and for now you are her best source) she act clueless, if him can't talk in public fine then call her to talk in private, if him really a good guy he not gonna try to raper her and no one around we think he gonna try, this is why i really hate many archtypes/cliche mcs because their are too much unreal to burden

what anger me more is when we look to others males near his own age(not only here but in others animes) almost everyone act more "normal" than him like "being normal" is wrong and borin and you never gonna wins a girl, you must act extremely crazy, being a big pervert or a big shy otherwise no girls gonna look to you.

at last teach her about things like "girlfriend/dates/marriage"(at last marriage she must know since she have a mother) and basic things like that not gonna turn him in a pervert or molester or raper or make her hate him.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 15:55   Link #247
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
My name is Shell Script and I command you!
__________________
bastek66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 20:40   Link #248
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
yep i know but why he dont teach??? instead of just "avoid" and runing, fino already showed which she can "learn" if you proper teach her and she even aware of "sex"(due to her father raping girls) she not completly clueless or something like that, again i'm not ask him to be a pervert or molest, but at last be a "man"(or at last act like really a person from his age i supposed to act) even tarzan or mogli which both of then lived part of their lifes with "animals" are much less "stupids" childish than him, if fino have a 5 years mind then rau have a 1 or 2 years when come to womans

this what i really hate on harem mcs, why we can't have a "mc" where we can believe which actually can exist in the world, when we have pure comic mcs like yuma from kore wa or the guy from new ore bla bla bla anime, fine his behaviour is excused with the comic part but whe we have a guy like rau which was supposed to be a "serious guy" wtf is unbearable and disgusting, he looks like come from a dimension/planet/world or something like that where only have mans which only living to fight and womans or being lovely never existed(c'mon he even have a girl as partner and he was supposed to living in a normal place with childrens of both gender.

again i'm not ask him to be a pervert or try to take advantage of her but really act like a real person which can teach everything to her(at last share what he know since she is on his responsability) without blushing/shy/stutter/changing the talk, everytime(ok i know some topic are not all the proper to a guy talk with a girl but not everyone specially when you know the girl and know which she needs help and for now you are her best source) she act clueless, if him can't talk in public fine then call her to talk in private, if him really a good guy he not gonna try to raper her and no one around we think he gonna try, this is why i really hate many archtypes/cliche mcs because their are too much unreal to burden

what anger me more is when we look to others males near his own age(not only here but in others animes) almost everyone act more "normal" than him like "being normal" is wrong and borin and you never gonna wins a girl, you must act extremely crazy, being a big pervert or a big shy otherwise no girls gonna look to you.

at last teach her about things like "girlfriend/dates/marriage"(at last marriage she must know since she have a mother) and basic things like that not gonna turn him in a pervert or molester or raper or make her hate him.
So...... the only reason a man should approach a woman in your view is to eventually get into bed with her, basically?
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 20:50   Link #249
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
That's what I'm getting, I think.

I think Raul is fine. He's actually _better_ than a lot of harem protagonists by actually, y'know, acknowledging his attraction to her rather than being stupidly clueless. He's simply shy and kind of freaked out about her being the demon lord's daughter. Plus the fact she's so innocent.

He might make a move at some point. He obviously actually has feelings for her. But he's not going to be this uber-aggressive sweeping her away sort. It's not how he is.
__________________
Ickarium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:57   Link #250
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
So...... the only reason a man should approach a woman in your view is to eventually get into bed with her, basically?
you not get my point, i'm not saying who he must get her to bed/ make sex or something like that, but being a completly shy also dont help, fino is not the only with 5 years child mind, when come to womans he also is a 5 years, because the way he does, let's say who he is between 15 and 17 years, you will se a 15 or 17 years old teenager chickening like that???? can't even hold hands with her??? or even have a proper talk???, i'm not saying who he must be agressive and pushover, but also being chickening also dont help.

ok again about girlfriend, not gonna hurt or lost a hand if him try to explain to her what means being a girlfriend than just shy and try to avoid the talk, she have a clueless dont care mind because she lived part of her life in the "hell"(or something like that since was in demons lord realm) then is normal for her being clueless about the "light side" of the life about what means being a "good person" the means of good feelings, love, treat people well. she lived in a realm where that things are distorted by making her believe which treat peoples bad is being "good", but now she learn the things and can learn pretty fast.

what i'm saying is who if him really is a hero and lived a "normal life" playing with others childrends and others things dont have any excuse for him to have that disturbing beahavious of being "too much shy with girls", the only way this can happen is if him lived in a place with no womans(even without a mother), a guy can't be pose of cool, intelligent, courageous then when comes to girl he just "regresses dramatically" to a state with dont have nothing to do with what he is supposed to be.

for the last time, i'm not saying which he must force her, must rape, he must dominate her or something like that, i want he act like he is "supposed to act".

a perfect exemple of harem mc much better than him is mahiro from nyaruko, he is in a situation very similar to him, having to deal with a person he was supposed to hate / fear that also bothers him sometimes, however he deals with the situation better than raul, even being a tsundere strong.

this is what i hate in many harem mcs that cliche archtypes of, chickening/coward, dense/clueless, or the too much good guy(i love that girl but i can't break the heart of the others girls even if just se then as friends or just attraction but heart belongs to only one girl, this is one of the worsts types)

basically i'm ask for a mc who if is a 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 or any age he actually act as this age and not act like a 8 years children, why when come to fight he can be mature but for girls he turn in a children, this my problem this "bipolar", if him is mature then he must be mature or at last not all that childish and shy/run/tramble everytime deal with womans, if him childish then fine he must be childish "who pretending or trying to be mature" and not to fight/protect peoples he is mature or can talk/act like mature and know about everything about world until a girl come close to him and he turn in a useless piece of trash.

i'm away who most mcs are like that exactly because this also help in build the harem(because keep the mc being a indecisive and throw as many girls the writer want but this make the guy looks like impossible to handle/absent type of person.

ps: like i aways keep saying this is how i see mcs of harem and the big reason who i hate harem, my top hated mc harem today is kodaka from boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai, he is for me the most worst of the worsts mc of all times.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 02:31   Link #251
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 30
After catching up with the new episodes my favorite so far is 4. Really liked the dynamic of Fino working in the convenience store and that allowed some interesting scenes with Nova (wow, she is laidback). Raul missed a great chance for skinship there.

5 was also fun with the whole undercover mission deal and Fino very determined to play the "girlfriend" role
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 09:04   Link #252
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
A fun "date" between colleagues in episode 5. Of course, it's all in the name of undercover, but really, Ceara should know better than to randomly spout off stuff the innocent and child-like Fino would not understand. She does everything on a whim.

I was quite surprised with the animated appearance of Sphere near the end, and I thought they did quite well with that. I was like "Seriously, Sphere's animated inserts?!" Then I heard their voices and went, "Oh yeah, that's them all right."

I also had a good laugh with the poison swamp. Fino's silly antics are really integral to this show.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:15   Link #253
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
A fun "date" between colleagues in episode 5. Of course, it's all in the name of undercover, but really, Ceara should know better than to randomly spout off stuff the innocent and child-like Fino would not understand. She does everything on a whim.

I was quite surprised with the animated appearance of Sphere near the end, and I thought they did quite well with that. I was like "Seriously, Sphere's animated inserts?!" Then I heard their voices and went, "Oh yeah, that's them all right."

I also had a good laugh with the poison swamp. Fino's silly antics are really integral to this show.
Actually, I think the manager knows exactly what she's doing. She's totally trying to set them up.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:23   Link #254
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Actually, I think the manager knows exactly what she's doing. She's totally trying to set them up.
I guess I didn't make my point come across; when I mentioned that I was trying to make it such that it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Oh well, I have moments like these from time to time.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 22:45   Link #255
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Fino's got the grasp of Lawson Station's work ethic and methodology, after many blunders and some advices from Lam. However, it can't be a coincidence that after Lam taught her how to use the oven, then Fino was able to use the oven and other appliances without things exploding on her every time she touches them. But, thanks to that, she overcame that annoying yet comical event.

BTW, no sexual harrassment in the work premises, Raul. You're very healthy, but you have to keep yourself composed and avoid embarrassing situations with Nova. Nevertheless, I can understand all the repressed tension, since you've been seeing Fino naked dozens of time first thing at the morning.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 10:57   Link #256
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
My name is Shell Script and I command you!
So that guy is FukuJun!
pretty funny since Raul's seiyuu almost sounds as him
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 21:49   Link #257
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Want to know.
Do we have a broadcast with less censoring ?
Or even without the light beam, we don't saw a thing ? ^^
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-11-06 at 00:33. Reason: Asking about RAWs is against the forum rules, but asking if there's an uncensored broadcast isn't. :)
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 02:19   Link #258
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Want to know.
Do we have a broadcast with less censoring ?
Or even without the light beam, we don't saw a thing ? ^^
i think is case to be fixed in dvd/bd, version if the censure purpose is really for censure(we have rare cases where censure can be used for another thing) and also what age the dvd/bd the anime will be rated.

can happen of censure being keep(too keep safe for young watchers, or just being lazy cus their need redraw the bd/dvd version) or can avoid the censure and if not was drawed in anime then will be completed in dvd/bd.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 07:22   Link #259
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
I think the censure will continue ...
Was looking at episode 3... The beginning too ...
Anyways, it's a little sad because theses breasts ... :x
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 15:09   Link #260
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Spoiler for Episode 6:
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.