AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 10 22.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 13.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 18.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-08, 09:46   Link #81
J4n1

The idea of "men seen as a weaker sex" would be a very interesting concept to explore, unfortunately it is not, at best it's used as an exuse to surround the one (not that they seem to have cut the other) male in series with women.
And the young girls act just like they do in any other anime series set in modern day (or 20 minutes into the future), so no social commentary, no actual cultural changes seen, nothing.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 10:25   Link #82
Guido

For the time being I feel not to be reading the light novels soon, hence, I would like not to be replied with spoilers for things I'm going to comment on this thread.

For starters, the content for most of this episode was redundant. I know the setting takes place at a school of girls with the protagonist being the only boy in the facilities, and the main cast of girls romantically fighting over him to win his affections resulting in fanservice at times and light-hearted, comic antics.
However, the thing is that this kind of content would have been more fitting in the previous season, because introducing Madoka's character along with the Phantom Task organization have turned things serious and gloomy in tone for the current season.

I do admit that I'm a guy, and, indeed, the fanservice paid off, but I would have graded this episode with an average score if it wasn't for the cliffhanger with Madoka meeting Ichika face-to-face towards the conclusion.

As for the contest goes, my hunch clearly nailed it right off the bat that Ichika would pick Chifuyu as the winner, thus angering his harem of other girls.

When it comes to the best costume I definitely picked-up Chifuyu as the winner, since it's rare that she dresses for such light-hearted and servicing ocassions.

When it comes to the sexiest costume in terms of fanservice, near immorality (so to speak) Tatenashi's the winner, and Charlotte comes the second runner-up behind it.

As for the cliffhanger, I felt it would have made more of a shock-value, impact had Madoka shot Ichika out of the blue right after he saw her face and confused her with Chifuyu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1
The idea of "men seen as a weaker sex" would be a very interesting concept to explore, unfortunately it is not, at best it's used as an exuse to surround the one (not that they seem to have cut the other) male in series with women.
I'm not complaining at such a concept, but I'm being upset always with that trope played in most harem comedies where the male lead is mercilessly teased, abused, or beaten due to compromising situations with the female leads, the female leads overreact out of the male lead making the wrong impressions with another girl, etc.
It's the repetitive abuse and teasing episode by episode that I cannot take.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode 5