AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-08, 15:56   Link #801
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Sona is putting the horse before the cart by already building the school because she has 0 experience in the rating games besides the junior matches, and in one of those matches they lost "points" because Saji went out of control.

And Rias's group doesn't even know Bennia and Rugal's true ability's yet, so I'm pretty sure there will be some dialog about that coming up. I know in the course of the battle they will play some big part, I'm just saying that to add rookies at the last second is not always the best plan.

And according to what's already been written it takes years of Pro matches to be recommended for a promotion so having a school with No teachers with experience in the pro rating games is a bit of a problem. And they talked about its hard to bring real world battle experience to the rating games.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:03   Link #802
Gary29
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Age: 16
Interesting theory about Ise's future team and the Sitri group. They do need more experience in Rating Games before they can do well in making a school to teach about them, as the more experience you have the better you can teach others. Gremory group would actually serve better as teachers in that regard. The most important thing you can learn from real world battles and apply to rating games is strategy; if you don't have a sound strategy in real world battles, where you can easily die, you probably will; the same goes for winning or losing the rating games.

Not sure if it would really cause a breach in the Sitri group, but they certainly are going to have some trouble with teaching when they lack so much experience.
Gary29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:36   Link #803
peinmaximus@
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
hey guys,you think that in the future,maybe in the next arc,one goddess can join in ise harem,maybe how his local wife?
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:46   Link #804
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
~_~ probably none i guess if you read the afterword peinmaximus@ he won't add any girl coz it might coz a little screen time for other girls in the cast
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:51   Link #805
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Sona is putting the horse before the cart by already building the school because she has 0 experience in the rating games besides the junior matches, and in one of those matches they lost "points" because Saji went out of control.

And Rias's group doesn't even know Bennia and Rugal's true ability's yet, so I'm pretty sure there will be some dialog about that coming up. I know in the course of the battle they will play some big part, I'm just saying that to add rookies at the last second is not always the best plan.

And according to what's already been written it takes years of Pro matches to be recommended for a promotion so having a school with No teachers with experience in the pro rating games is a bit of a problem. And they talked about its hard to bring real world battle experience to the rating games.
It does indeed sounds like that. However, before one applies significant resources to a goal. One make a support base or the most important material for one to apply those resources. While they do not have the experience right now nor the personnel, it is reassuring that when they do, they already have a the base to immediately start. Its a matter of prospective, its like one tries to build a fire and already has the lighter though does not have the tender and dead wood. The lighter is the most important thing and while he does not have the other materials, one has the most important one.

I am not saying you are wrong, in fact you are right. However there are more ways than one to build a school. It is just the Sitri are using a different method than the traditional way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Interesting theory about Ise's future team and the Sitri group. They do need more experience in Rating Games before they can do well in making a school to teach about them, as the more experience you have the better you can teach others. Gremory group would actually serve better as teachers in that regard. The most important thing you can learn from real world battles and apply to rating games is strategy; if you don't have a sound strategy in real world battles, where you can easily die, you probably will; the same goes for winning or losing the rating games.

Not sure if it would really cause a breach in the Sitri group, but they certainly are going to have some trouble with teaching when they lack so much experience.
The Gremory group has the battle experience, however, from volume 5. It is not always as it seems, there are always aspects different from a real battle and a rating game. In a rating game, one must play by the rules or lose. While in battle, simply there are no rules when it comes to ending your enemy. While fighting fair sounds more noble, the enemy may not think that way. In a rating game, both sides are force to play the rules and abide by honor while a battle is a no holds barn.

In this instances, the Sitri group has more potential of being teachers than the Gremory group. While they are rough in edges in more than one side, they are being molded and are setting in that position to be teachers while the Gremory group are setting to be front line soldiers.

The Gremory group and Sitri group is like one could compare to sports. Lets say that the Gremory group is a Hall of Fame player in football and knows the game by playing it while the Sitri are the assistant coach who are on the sideline. It is like asking who is better to be the next head couch between the two.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 17:55   Link #806
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
if someone in gremory will become teacher maybe it will kiba coz he has experience"in-battle/and a good tech type in gremory" and knowledge "like tsubaki said in volume 5 the kiba is the ace". i just wondering if rias will let kiba become teacher in sona's school?
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 20:01   Link #807
peinmaximus@
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
kusabireika,the author only said that he not will add more girls in the harem now,because he is developing the relationship of ise with ross,zenovia,irina and ravel.after the developing,he will add more girls in the harem.
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 20:03   Link #808
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
kusabireika,the author only said that he not will add more girls in the harem now,because he is developing the relationship of ise with ross,zenovia,irina and ravel.after the developing,he will add more girls in the harem.
true but remember adding more char put strain to the author coz he will balance all them out adding more girl to issei is kinda ... well we have different opinion about it maybe in the future i guess we shall see
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 20:05   Link #809
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I think Sitri is fine. They are simply getting their ducks in order for when they can open the school. After all, the bureaucratic stuff usually takes a long time. And I doubt there'll be issues with the two folks going with the Gremory group. They're likely skilled, just new to fighting with /Devils/. And where would they get experience at real fighting /except/ at real fighting. As others have said, at least the Gremory group is powerful enough they can be part of a working team and likely not get smited.

As for new girls, I hope the author -doesn't- add them. I really want focus on the girls already there, rather than adding more and more so the girls have little development.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 00:27   Link #810
Superbia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
if someone in gremory will become teacher maybe it will kiba coz he has experience"in-battle/and a good tech type in gremory" and knowledge "like tsubaki said in volume 5 the kiba is the ace". i just wondering if rias will let kiba become teacher in sona's school?
Rather than Kiba, I think Rossweise would be more suitable, since she already has experience as a teacher and could teach magic. Azazel is also possible for Sona's school since there isn't much reason for either of them to keep teaching at Issei and the others school once they graduate.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 00:30   Link #811
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Rather than Kiba, I think Rossweise would be more suitable, since she already has experience as a teacher and could teach magic. Azazel is also possible for Sona's school since there isn't much reason for either of them to keep teaching at Issei and the others school once they graduate.
yup its either Kiba or Rossweise, for me ._.
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 03:02   Link #812
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
yup its either Kiba or Rossweise, for me ._.
I can see Rossweise after getting her promotion because she likes the security of a teaching job offers and it just seems like Kiba will stay pretty close to Ise and Rias.

Now I can see Ise and Kiba being like guest speakers and giving demos from time to time.

As far a Azazel teaching I don't see that happening since he is really just at the school now just to keep an eye on Ise and the group, and recently the Sitri group.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 04:12   Link #813
Kutra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
@Tbolt If Sona would offer the job of teaching the Sacred Gear owners, I think Azazel would accept.
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 04:42   Link #814
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
@Tbolt If Sona would offer the job of teaching the Sacred Gear owners, I think Azazel would accept.
but there would be a catch knowing how azazel act/teach in "hellish good way" his students, especially issei and saji experience from him "remembering that smile of his (from his 2 good students memories )"
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 07:33   Link #815
kikix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Sona is putting the horse before the cart by already building the school because she has 0 experience in the rating games besides the junior matches, and in one of those matches they lost "points" because Saji went out of control.
That's what I meant by wrong order. The horse goes before the cart. Doing things in the wrong order is putting the cart in front of the horse. That's what you meant, apparently. Otherwise, you're just complimenting Sona for doing the things right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
And according to what's already been written it takes years of Pro matches to be recommended for a promotion so having a school with No teachers with experience in the pro rating games is a bit of a problem.
It takes years of pro matches...or one, two crisises. Kiba, Akeno and Issei were promoted rapidly not because of the rating game, but because they gained achievements in real crisis situations. That's part of the reason why Rugal and Bennia going with Gremory is a very good idea in the long-term perspective for the Sitri. Getting involved with Gremory group, which due to Issei and Ddraig draws strong foes (to his woes) is a sure-fire way of getting means of not only real experience but also achievements for an early promotion. Something necessary to become teachers in the school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
And they talked about its hard to bring real world battle experience to the rating games.
True, granted that the circumstances are different. However real battles have something that rating game can not give. Life-endangering pressure. Gremory group won the youth competition thanks to that alone. They had to get stronger, they grew at an amazing rate, thus getting the strength they needed.

Sona already is a good strategist. The author tries to show that in every battle she participates in. But rating game consists of both strategy (Sitri speciality) and power to go through with it (Gremory speciality). Members of Gremory team are good models to go after when it comes to increasing power and training methods. They have considerable experience in various training methods (albeit some of them were brought down by Azazel).

I think that school for rating game would have plenty of practical lessons. It is a battle after all. No strategy means a thing if the members are simply too weak to follow through with it.
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 08:45   Link #816
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
surprise gentleman on nom@n's blog we have new life and another chapter if u want the link http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.co...arc4/volume14/ just look for vol 16 shouldn't be that hard
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 09:24   Link #817
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
@Tbolt If Sona would offer the job of teaching the Sacred Gear owners, I think Azazel would accept.
That's true but I don't think he would just go there to be a teacher, he does love the SG's but I think he loved tormenting Ise and the gang more.

Well that last post ^^^ got my hopes up.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 13:03   Link #818
it_happens
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Personally, I think that the next few volumes are going to introduce us to a few more characters that want to fulfill Rizevim's goal, since I don't think that Grayfia's brother + the Evil Dragons are going to be the only subordinates that Rizevim is going to have.
that's makes sense, but i don't know there's a lot of hype around Rizevim and it's both hype created by us(The Fans) and the author for example in the last volume vali and azazel's conversation and when azazel spoke of the three super devils he obviously spoke of rizevim(or so it seems).

but i see your point you may be right it may probably have more substance if he waits two or three( but that's all he really shouldn't because then its like what proof does he have he is that powerful if he doesn't do anything or it down plays the protagonist and make him seem always weak if he can never fight the arc villain.

the author may also be able to dive more into character development and relationships, ise can show his manliness and improve closer to becoming haram king.
it_happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:36   Link #819
wilhelmus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
I'be been re-reading the earlier volumes and that answered quite a few questions for me. First, for earlier speculation about the king piece, if only on piece is able to be contained then there is no king piece. When Isse is being introduced to the evil piece system, the author specifically states that once you obtain your pieces, you are still obligated to serve your master if they have a match. For example, old man Tannin is still a queen for his master even though he has his own peerage. So Isse will continue as Rias' pawn and still be accessible to the Gremory women without making them all his servants.

I've not seen anything stating that a person can only be a pawn once a pawn. The author just doesn't seem to address it. Yes a pawn can only be traded for an equal value pawn, but I haven't seen anything which seems to prevent the king from changing a servant's piece as long as he has an equal or greater value piece. If I missed please let me know where.

I still think that Vali can be the final opponent. Just because the dragons declare a truce, doesn't mean that they can't have a serious fight. After all Kiba says that when training with Isse he comes at you like he is going to kill you.

Lefay being Isse's magician contract is interesting. I can see some future, permanent contract where she ends up becoming one of his pieces for his fee. I hoped that the vampire thread would go longer ever since Mil-tan appeared at Isse's house and Gasper cowered in a corner, I thought he might be a vampire hunter. Oh well.
wilhelmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:43   Link #820
wilhelmus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
I would also like to thank the author and translator for all of their hard work. I have become addicted to the characters and story line.

Last edited by wilhelmus; 2013-11-13 at 13:14.
wilhelmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novel, translation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.