AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-10, 09:12   Link #1321
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
have fixed the linnnk...
__________________
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:39   Link #1322
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
If Shiroe is evil.....this is the result...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Akatsuki: You sold me out!!

__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:42   Link #1323
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
So in other words, he would be up to the Lelouch tier of anti-hero?
Lelouch goes the whole revolutipn thing.

Shiroe will probably isolate Britainia. Cut off supplies. Buy/talk with potential ally. Send spy inside britiania. Study the pattern of nobles. Contact them and blackm/talk to them to join his side. Then slowly crept and isolate the royals. Have a party with the royals and king with him as a host complete with smile and say "the food here are poison and only I have the cure" smile smile
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 10:31   Link #1324
Alf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Lelouch goes the whole revolutipn thing.

Shiroe will probably isolate Britainia. Cut off supplies. Buy/talk with potential ally. Send spy inside britiania. Study the pattern of nobles. Contact them and blackm/talk to them to join his side. Then slowly crept and isolate the royals. Have a party with the royals and king with him as a host complete with smile and say "the food here are poison and only I have the cure" smile smile
No, Shiroe is such a nice guy that he repect the freedom of his opponent not to drink the poison. He'll just give out choices that the one need to be poisoned would choose to drink the poison.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 10:47   Link #1325
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
No, Shiroe is such a nice guy that he repect the freedom of his opponent not to drink the poison. He'll just give out choices that the one need to be poisoned would choose to drink the poison.
He didn't do that in round table -_-

Shiroe is indeed nice. He won't go on killing spree like what lelouch did. He will just run dry the opponent until the 2 choices he gave seems insignificant because there is only 1 choice.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 13:07   Link #1326
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Shiroe is a very nice and friendly person, as long as you don't try to use him or do something he really disapproves of.
If you try to use him, he will ignore you (maybe teach you a lesson), and if you do something he really disapproves of, he will fucking destroy you.

"Heart so black it shines" to quote the volume 2 translated in Bakatsuki, and that was one of his allies talking.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 16:12   Link #1327
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Except I cannot see how Shiroe "destroys" people. The game prevents that.

The only way to definitely destroy a person in Elder Tales is not to kill them, but to torture them so much that they take severe mental damage, so much so that they want to die but the game prevents that.

I certainly can't see Shiroe doing anything like that. Unless there is a novel example waiting to happen then I'll give him the Leonardo Applause.

The best he's going to do is to take away as much power as he can, be it by denying resources, gaining an advantage, or a very strategic pk that denies counterattack in the short term. Otherwise, once the target respawns, Shiroe's back to square one. Like Demikas, he's definitely still able to retake Susukino at his own time and launch his own attack against Shiroe in future.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 00:19   Link #1328
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
He makes them vanish.
Vanish.
Poof, gone.
No bloodshed, totally peaceful.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 00:30   Link #1329
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Except I cannot see how Shiroe "destroys" people. The game prevents that.

The only way to definitely destroy a person in Elder Tales is not to kill them, but to torture them so much that they take severe mental damage, so much so that they want to die but the game prevents that.

I certainly can't see Shiroe doing anything like that. Unless there is a novel example waiting to happen then I'll give him the Leonardo Applause.

The best he's going to do is to take away as much power as he can, be it by denying resources, gaining an advantage, or a very strategic pk that denies counterattack in the short term. Otherwise, once the target respawns, Shiroe's back to square one. Like Demikas, he's definitely still able to retake Susukino at his own time and launch his own attack against Shiroe in future.
Spoiler for It is possible:
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 04:10   Link #1330
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
So you can buy cathedrals? Technically you can buy anything in this game? Wow really Goonswarm can take over the game.

Put them on who's blacklist by the way? The npcs?
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 04:21   Link #1331
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
basically you can put anyone, except NPC on blacklist....that's what happened on the "other" town beside akiba, a person buying up all the important land and become a ruler of the town...

that also it is scary if the like of goonswarm from EVE ever enter elder tale...
__________________
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 04:42   Link #1332
Alf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I think we need to stop posting spoilers here....It's interesting to discuss what can happen but it would be better we just base on information provided in the anime so far in this thread.

Well, we can't say the core issue isn't revealed at all, but the hints are just too well hidden. For one thing, everything hinted in ep5 are just too important. And that was a fun ep to watch.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:37   Link #1333
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Placing it here, as I don't want to spoil myself in the Manga discussion.

I heard that there was a manga or story or such where the old leader of the DPT is making her way from Europe across the world to Japan to join up with the others to try to figure out what happened.

Anyone know of a translation for this? Does one exist?
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:39   Link #1334
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Anyone know of a translation for this? Does one exist?
Currently Japanese only.

I can't even find Chinese translation.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 19:37   Link #1335
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
If you can read Chinese, I can PM you the link to a partial translation. Just that it only covered part of chapter one, that's all....
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 19:45   Link #1336
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
If you can read Chinese, I can PM you the link to a partial translation. Just that it only covered part of chapter one, that's all....
i read enough chinese to get by, the rest is google.

i will take it.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 22:41   Link #1337
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Hah.

The director read the most recent Log Horizon chapter (final chapter of volume 7), liked it a lot, and is already putting together the Conte cuts (key scene cuts) in his head.

Season two season two season two getting even more hints.
__________________
aohige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 22:58   Link #1338
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Hah.

The director read the most recent Log Horizon chapter (final chapter of volume 7), liked it a lot, and is already putting together the Conte cuts (key scene cuts) in his head.

Season two season two season two getting even more hints.
Maybe the director can make a non-pg rated version!
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 00:07   Link #1339
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I guess 1 season break?
__________________
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:23   Link #1340
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Hah.

The director read the most recent Log Horizon chapter (final chapter of volume 7), liked it a lot, and is already putting together the Conte cuts (key scene cuts) in his head.

Season two season two season two getting even more hints.
He'll need to get at least three issues resolved imho =3:

1) More funding. The anime is fine in most aspects but the art department really needs a bigger budget to raise it to a more respectable level imho. Maybe something like what Fate/Zero had would be just nice =3

2) Change the broadcast timing. It's fine if NHK wants to keep airing LogHora tbh; I'm not sure about God's Puzzle or Kingdom, but Twelve Kingdoms shows that NHK can show PG-rated shows, so as long it's aired at the right time =3

3) Get the Leonardo issue settled. Can't have season two without clearing the side-story first
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, nyanderful, science fiction, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.