AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-22, 00:58   Link #31921
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Are you going to attempt to pick up a chick with it? Let us know how that goes
Oops, you got me
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 01:18   Link #31922
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Won't work if you're not suave Italian bishounen

Anyone here actually bought HGBC yet? Build Booster is pretty meh unless you stack two of them or combine it with striker/impulse pack
Old 2013-11-22, 03:27   Link #31923
Shinobi2013

I bought one, it's all in one color unfortunately for straight builders but there's a sticker of course, I repaint it into different color scheme and fit it into my kinda scrapped Strike Noir with different color scheme, will post the picture later.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 04:31   Link #31924
helois

in all of this gunpla madness...

yesterday they arrived at my parents' home:

Spoiler for big image:

so happy!

so sad that i've to sell 6/7...
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 04:46   Link #31925
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Look at Bandai being so sneaky.
I'm actually a bit disappointed that GG didn't catch this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images

That's clearly the Roll Out ver.
Why would they even display it, if it wasn't coming out. I'm just saying... Just saying.
Wrong again. That is not the roll out version. It is just the R2 prototype kit alongside the full painted R2 to show people what parts are new.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 05:30   Link #31926
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Looks like Build Booster Mk.II won't fit Forbidden after all

Universal connector my ass, they use the damn single peg WITHOUT alternative connector like Build Booster offered.

What the hell Bandai?
Old 2013-11-22, 06:28   Link #31927
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Wrong again. That is not the roll out version. It is just the R2 prototype kit alongside the full painted R2 to show people what parts are new.
For the first pic, probably.

For the second, I don't think so.

The second pic seem to be the original Exia in Roll-Out Colors. Notice the purple cables on the shoulders, lack of vents as well, and the sabers are at the back of the waist instead of the sides like the R2.
Old 2013-11-22, 06:36   Link #31928
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

The second pic seem to be the original Exia in Roll-Out Colors. Notice the purple cables on the shoulders, lack of vents as well, and the sabers are at the back of the waist instead of the sides like the R2.
I think suiton was using the 2nd pic as a point of reference to the grey suit in the first pic. Knight-of-Gold is right though: the grey Exia in the first pic is the R2 as well, as shown by the thigh beam saber and lack of GN cabling on its pauldrons.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 06:49   Link #31929
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

The second picture is from an old hobby show.
Bandai dont have the Titanium RX-78-2 Ver 2.0 on display at this weeks show so why is it behind the roll out exia?
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 07:32   Link #31930
n0m@n
C-Z

Sution is right about Exia Rollout color in that picture since this is what it says on the "tag" that is shown on the second photo.

Bandai
Hobby Online Shop Limited
MG Gundam Exia Rollout color

But seriously. Whats with all these MG Exia......
I love Exia, but not to the extent where I want all the model for it...
Old 2013-11-22, 07:36   Link #31931
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The trauma... it's... coming back, oh god so many parts... help me...

Inbetween lot's of new model and good chunk of them being online exclusive, Bandai is going all or nothing.
Old 2013-11-22, 07:38   Link #31932
Appel

Exia is just a super popular machine overall. Probably because of the popularity of the first season of OO overall and because of the more modern design mixed with traditional Gundam elements.
Also, these are all just variations of the original with small modifications. Bandai can pump them out like crazy with minimal effort and still make everyone happy because now you can just buy any version of Exia that you want. Or all of them if you have the money :P

I also just got my customs notification for my PG Strike Freedom... The customs office is open from 7:30am to 2pm from Monday through Friday. Sending in all the documents so they ship it to me would take about 2 weeks as the person I just talked to told me.
Looks like I'll have to go pick it up before work on Monday... Hello 13 hour day >__> That's gonna SUCK! XP
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 09:19   Link #31933
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Won't work if you're not suave Italian bishounen

Anyone here actually bought HGBC yet? Build Booster is pretty meh unless you stack two of them or combine it with striker/impulse pack
My first name is italian. I can work with that
Old 2013-11-22, 09:23   Link #31934
Shinobi2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Sution is right about Exia Rollout color in that picture since this is what it says on the "tag" that is shown on the second photo.

Bandai
Hobby Online Shop Limited
MG Gundam Exia Rollout color
He refers the first picture which is indeed a prototype of Exia R2, as I observe in the picture, the shoulder arms looks the same as R2(The rollout is just the same as the normal exia's shoulder armor which is different from R2), the white shade of the shoulder is kinda darker, and there's no "clear aurora effect tape" attached on the shoulder. Just observe again carefully the comparison:

Images
Images

The Exia Rollout color which shown on the second picture was already 4 years ago and until now it wasn't even released.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 09:26   Link #31935
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 View Post
He refers the first picture which is indeed a prototype of Exia R2, as I observe in the picture, the shoulder arms looks the same as R2(The rollout is just the same as the normal exia's shoulder armor which is different from R2), the white shade of the shoulder is kinda darker, and there's no "clear aurora effect tape" attached on the shoulder. Just observe again carefully the comparison:

Images
Images

The Exia Rollout color which shown on the second picture was already 4 years ago and until now it wasn't even released.
I noticed this about a few hours ago.

I didn't notice the red feet or the beam sabers on the hilt.

But everyone has to admit that a Roll Out colors would be awesome and something Bandai can push out quickly.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

2009+ had a lot of months without an MG. I guess Roll Out was just in the wrong time then, but with R2 coming, why not do it now?
Old 2013-11-22, 09:56   Link #31936
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I noticed this about a few hours ago.

I didn't notice the red feet or the beam sabers on the hilt.

But everyone has to admit that a Roll Out colors would be awesome and something Bandai can push out quickly.

2009+ had a lot of months without an MG. I guess Roll Out was just in the wrong time then, but with R2 coming, why not do it now?
I really don't care for the Roll out colors at all. If you want that version that desperately, get the NG or paint the MG. That wouldn't be a lot of work
Old 2013-11-22, 10:15   Link #31937
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I really don't care for the Roll out colors at all. If you want that version that desperately, get the NG or paint the MG. That wouldn't be a lot of work
It doesn't matter if you care for something or don't care for something. The facts are:

a. Bandai had a prototype or a near complete version displayed at the 2009 GunPla Expo show

b. Exia is a popular mold

c. an online exclusive wouldn't cut into any of the regular releases

d. bandai is seemingly breaking the usual 1 regular release per month and skipping a month or 2 convention for 2014 based on info provided at:

e. exia r2 is coming as an online exclusive. rg exia is coming. so clearly the exia is on bandai's radar for releases. so leaves us with just the exia roll out colors and the exia repair 3 as potential candidates for online exclusive master grades. given bandai's current tendencies of releasing variations in online exclusive and the high rate of the online exclusives, don't be surprised or annoyed if we do end up with the roll out and the repair 3.

As a long time MG fan of the 00 series, Roll Out Exia and Repair 3 Exia will be high priority purchases for me, regardless of price. This of course also includes getting LED unit sets for them as well as Celestial Being Action Base 1s.

Speaking of RG Exia...

Images

2700 Yen... Wow.

I doubt they'll have LED units be able to fit in there given that a button cell battery would probably be too big. Maybe the pricing will be for the holographic thick flexible plastic for the guy (like MG Exia) and maybe clear green colored parts?
Old 2013-11-22, 10:27   Link #31938
Providenceangle

Quote:
Speaking of RG Exia...

Images

2700 Yen... Wow.

I doubt they'll have LED units be able to fit in there given that a button cell battery would probably be too big. Maybe the pricing will be for the holographic thick flexible plastic for the guy (like MG Exia) and maybe clear green colored parts?
I can make you a custom one with LEDs if you want? $9000! lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 10:40   Link #31939
Appel

Quote:
2700 Yen... Wow.

2700 Yes is just 200 Yen more expensive than the other RG kits. In Dollars we are talking about a difference of roughly $2 here, this isn't a huge difference :P The original RX-78-2 costs 2500 Yen, Strike costs 2500 Yen, Freedom and Justice cost 2500 Yen. RG Zeta costs 3000 Yen, RG Strike Freedom costs 3000 Yen.
Not to mention that all retailers are giving a discount on models, so the price you actually pay is probably gonna be around 2160 Yen.

My guess is that the Exia is gonna be that tiny bit more expensive because of a slightly more complicated frame.

I'm also pretty sure that we are not gonna see an LED gimmick^^ I never use that anyway, so it's not like I care about it.

With all the Exia variations and the new RG kits I would like to see a MG Dynames though... If they make that thing an online exclusive I'm gonna be pissed >__>
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 11:23   Link #31940
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I doubt that a MG Dynames would be an Online Exclusive, considering it would be a new mold

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy