AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Old 2013-11-18, 00:05   Link #1
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Question Hdd problems I think

Hi guys,

So this just happened to me and I am really stumped on it, I was about to play a game of dota when the game crashed with no error, I was like fine that happened earlier in the day, I just loaded it up again and everything was fine. A few people I know having been having that crash so no worries its due to the new patch. However when I tried to load dota up this time my pc says it cant find steam, I go to my computer and I notice one of my HDD isn't recognised anymore. So I shut down my computer and check if the HDD sata came out or anything, couldn't see a problem so I start back up.

My computer loads and I check if the HDD is there, and it is so I go no problem load steam back up. It takes forever, I know this is unusual so I try to go into the HDD I can but its incredibly slow. So I close that and check if I can go into any of my other HDD and I can, my ssd with windows is fine and other 2 HDD are fine. So I turn my pc off and try to reboot .This is where I start to have problems. My screens don't get any signal, my pc is running and nothing is happening. I take my drives out and put them back in. Now when I turn my computer on, the screens are recongised and pc trys to boot windows but then it hangs at the windows loading screen. I turn it back off and try again now it says it cant boot windows. I have tried to boot up without any hdd's just my main one still the same.

I have had this problem before about 2 weeks ago with another hard drive where it wouldn't load the hard drive, and I would have to restart my pc and then my screens wouldn't come on, but I took out that hard drive and then my pc would start up fine and I just had to get a new hard drive. But with this its saying my windows is corrupt or something.

My ssd is the M4 64gb, second hdd is 500gb WD and third 200gb Samsung which is the hdd in question. My newest is a 2 TB barracuda seagate.

I am going to try to wipe my ssd and reinstall windows 7 on it and hopefully that will fix the loading. But any idea's what is happening? Sorry for long post and any grammatical/spelling errors, its very late!
Old 2013-11-18, 01:35   Link #2
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Quote:
Now when I turn my computer on, the screens are recongised and pc trys to boot windows but then it hangs at the windows loading screen. I turn it back off and try again now it says it cant boot windows.
Probably your RAM or and Video Card is crushing! If you re-install windows successfully and everything goes normal, usually some of windows .dll files was corrupted.
Old 2013-11-18, 10:36   Link #3
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Well I just booted up again and changed my Bios to default and PC is working fine again...Really odd, I have no idea what is going on.
Old 2013-11-18, 14:49   Link #4
4Tran

If changing some BIOS settings fix a problem, then there's probably something wrong with your mainboard. You can update the BIOS and see if the problem goes away. If you still have trouble booting, then it's probably time for a new mainboard. Alternatively, you can take your computer into a repair shop. It's also a really good idea to unplug any not boot drives when you're trying to work on the mainboard.
Old 2013-11-18, 17:08   Link #5
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I think it has something to do with IDE/RAID/ACHI looking into it. Thanks for all the responses. Will update motherboard in a minute too!
Old 2013-11-18, 23:11   Link #6
Reverzer0
Sleeping

After a couple of turning off and on on your pc, are you encountering the same problem and need to set again your bios into default?
Old 2013-11-19, 14:16   Link #7
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Not anymore since I reinstalled windows. When I did have the problem I had to switch my ssd to 1-4 sata ports and then it would work. My board 990fxa-ud3 seems to have a problem with it. I think, I could be totally off. If it happens again I will get a new mobo.
Old 2013-11-20, 06:32   Link #8
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Try to borrow RAM and Video Card, test and observe before getting a new mobo. We experienced same problem just like yours before and we found out that RAM is the problem. But as of now, observe the new installed windows",
Old 2013-11-30, 06:04   Link #9
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Since I have reinstalled I have had no hard drive problems, had a few hiccups with start up taking ages and my screens not turning on. I have to wait about 30 seconds then they turn on and pc starts to boot. I will be upgrading my mobo/cpu and ram in January so no problem.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:13   Link #10
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Good luck", As for me I bought an Asrock mobo and my younger sister fully entrusted me to take over the pc as the owner without monitor. As of now I do not have plan on that pc due to space problem?! It has a better specs compare to what I'm using now. All it needs was a little upgrade especially the ram and video card to play latest games and for 3d rendering.