AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-17, 01:42   Link #4261
meganyot
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Natsuyume Nagisa is very good and in some ways similar (likable characters, nice individual routes, tearful moments and a strong true route) to Hatsuyuki Sakura because it has the same writer.
Thanks for the input. will probably try natsunagi during winter break
meganyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 15:57   Link #4262
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Just finished Yumina the Ethereal. The Grand Route was rather short and contained quite a bit of randomness. The final boss was ridicoulously easy and died in three rounds . I had the ultimate accessory for each character and max. level (which was one level more than the boss itself had). Coupled with Yumina's level 10 song I either took 0 damage or with Kirara as vanguard the damage was absorbed *lol*.

Final impression:
- The romance sucks. No further words could explain it further. Heck, Eien no Aselia did it fine enough from what I saw in Aselia's route.
- The characters are nontheless quite enjoyable. Karales was actually a rather cool villain and was really good in the final of Yumina's and the Grand route.
- My fav. route order Kirara > Yumina > Ai. Yes, each route had its flaws, but somehow Kirara's had the *something* special, while Yumina's had also its nice moments.
- I wished there would be a CG for
Spoiler for Kirara's route:
.
- The randomness at some parts were, however, quite the moodkiller as commented by Ayumu as well

I'm willing to test the fandisc just to see what they do with Nayuta .
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 17:08   Link #4263
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Just finished the first Tokei Jikake no Leyline.

I said finished, but I'm not sure because I didn't enter anyone's route.

Sure enough as I replayed, I got into Tsubaki's route. Will finish that now.

Oh yeah, general impression: I thought I was in for a chuunibyou ride, but turns out it's your usual UnisonShift fantasy, but not so much on the drama. Too focused on the mystery so some characters aren't quite explored. Or maybe because the one I played through really was just a "prologue"?
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:37   Link #4264
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Just finished Yumina the Ethereal.
Hmmm. Looks interesting enough (I'm still at the first dungeon crawl). Is this game worth the effort, and how much time did you spend on it?
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 02:24   Link #4265
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Hmmm. Looks interesting enough (I'm still at the first dungeon crawl). Is this game worth the effort, and how much time did you spend on it?
My game clock says I spent ~ 75 hours. And despite its flaws, I did enjoy it. The first trunk - the student council war - was fun. The second part which contains mostly the character routes was fine enough if you ignore the romance.

As for the dungeon crawl: In order to unlock the grand route, you need to also complete the side story of the "virtual world" as in doing all the mission quests (it continues in each difficulty).
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 18:08   Link #4266
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
My game clock says I spent ~ 75 hours. And despite its flaws, I did enjoy it. The first trunk - the student council war - was fun. The second part which contains mostly the character routes was fine enough if you ignore the romance.

As for the dungeon crawl: In order to unlock the grand route, you need to also complete the side story of the "virtual world" as in doing all the mission quests (it continues in each difficulty).
What is this game about? Some kind of student vs student war? I am debating if I should give it a shot or not.
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 18:54   Link #4267
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
What is this game about? Some kind of student vs student war? I am debating if I should give it a shot or not.
Spoiler for spoiler:

However i didn't like the weak combat system and the romance was fairly weak plus quite some H-scenes felt pointless
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 07:20   Link #4268
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
to be honest the story isn't really about romance, but overal I like the story
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 09:03   Link #4269
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
to be honest the story isn't really about romance, but overal I like the story
Same for me. The story sure has its flaws and stupidities, but I was never one who cared much about the "epic feeling" as long as I have my share of entertainment/enjoyment at the end.

@Archemage: it's titled as such because each student club battles each other in a debate-tournament (with technology that turns words into weapons, hence the gameplay element *lol*) to decide on the next student council president. The reason why Yumina, one of the heroines, takes parts is indeed pretty stupid, but the main cast is by itself rather "special"/unique so do not expect some serious stuff for the first half.

Well, and there's always the official demo to try out (1.4GB large): http://jastusa.com/yumina/downloads.html
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 09:52   Link #4270
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
to be honest the story isn't really about romance, but overal I like the story
I meant with romance the execution of it, seeing that there are plenty of other VN's/eroges out there that didn't focus on the romance yet still managed to deliver something decent
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 03:16   Link #4271
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Oookay, so apparently I skipped all the character routes in the first Leyline and yet the one I got was THE end. So, I went immediately to the second game.

And wow, what a ride. A lot of things become clear, but even more mysteries came up I really can't wait till the next game comes out. Aside from Koga and Ushio's relationship, I can't help but get excited for that Michiru x Shizuka flag. Please please please don't let it end as a tease make it real please.

I wonder why the sequel hasn't come out yet. The first one was out in July 2012 and the second in January 2013, and it's nearing year's end already.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 07:35   Link #4272
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
I just finished Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate.
I'm not really a trap protagonist fan and rather avoid such settings but KoiTate did quite the entertaining job with it. I had a good share of laughs during the common route and rhe romance was rushed, yet required for the good ending which was a point I thought could have been integrated a bit more smoothly, but I'd count it as a minor issue.

I don't have much to complain about the individual routes themselves, so I leave it as that . Shuuji was a fine protagonist, however I wished they either made him a bit more balanced towards the major enemy or the otherway around.
Spoiler for late game:


Anyway, the scenes where he was found out by Yukino/Ren/Marina were about average. I guess that's fine as it felt mostly believable
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 09:22   Link #4273
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Finished HHG Megami no Shuuen and i am not sure to say if it was that good. I think it's not better than the first Hyper Highspeed Genius, but still just as enjoyable like the first one

The good thing was that the mystery and the main routes of the 3 main heroines were very good and it served as a buildup for the final route. Some of the plot twists in those routes were done well

However the normal routes and the sub-heroine routes were definitely lacking, as it was just something fairly standard charage stuff that was too short. While it has 3 less sub-heroines than the previous game , the writing of this game's sub-heroine routes was just as weak in HHGX
Despite the good buildup to the final route, the route itself was for me a little disappointing. Especially the story elements that were referenced from the first HHG were sad to say underplayed

If you liked the first Hyper Highspeed Genius, then i am sure you will like HHG Megami no Shuuen though. But i am probably a little too critical on it because it was my most hyped game of this month

Spoiler for just to be safe, ending spoilers:

Last edited by hyl; 2013-12-02 at 09:46.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 10:47   Link #4274
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
I have started playing "Imouto no okage de motesukite yabai" by Hulotte.
First off: I like the game as well as Hulotte's previous title With Ribbon. The romance is sweet and the characters adorable. But due to their integrated mystery element (With Ribbon had time travel and this title a romance-encounter strenghtening ritual) some elements feel at one point or another just not that natural. Given the flow of the VN, Kanae's route from the four already available ones (the rest are unlockable) feels more fluent. The drama of her and Maina were okay-ish with the former being more supernatural orientated.
Spoiler for General spoilers:
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 16:19   Link #4275
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Finished HHG Megami no Shuuen and i am not sure to say if it was that good. I think it's not better than the first Hyper Highspeed Genius, but still just as enjoyable like the first one

The good thing was that the mystery and the main routes of the 3 main heroines were very good and it served as a buildup for the final route. Some of the plot twists in those routes were done well

However the normal routes and the sub-heroine routes were definitely lacking, as it was just something fairly standard charage stuff that was too short. While it has 3 less sub-heroines than the previous game , the writing of this game's sub-heroine routes was just as weak in HHGX
Despite the good buildup to the final route, the route itself was for me a little disappointing. Especially the story elements that were referenced from the first HHG were sad to say underplayed

If you liked the first Hyper Highspeed Genius, then i am sure you will like HHG Megami no Shuuen though. But i am probably a little too critical on it because it was my most hyped game of this month

Spoiler for just to be safe, ending spoilers:
Guess it might be the problem they got with the writer. Consider since he commit some plagiarism and need to rewrite part of the story in less than a month.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 16:49   Link #4276
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Guess it might be the problem they got with the writer. Consider since he commit some plagiarism and need to rewrite part of the story in less than a month.
Wasn't Windmill's official statement that the writer plagiarized just some H-scenes?

Which IIRC was found out after they released the first trial which included 2 H-scenes

edit: i still have that trial installed somewhere on my PC. Will probably check it later if they have changed Fiana's and Hikari's H-scene in the trial compared to the full version

later edit:
Checked roughly the first 3 minutes of Hikari's H-scenes in the trial and full version

They kept Hikari's part that was voiced in that H-scene (they might have added or removed some lines, but i am not bored enough to sit through the whole thing for both) but they have entirely changed the text how the H-scene was described

even later edit:
Fiana's H-scene does not seem to have changed (or atleast not noticable)

Last edited by hyl; 2013-12-02 at 17:20.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 17:46   Link #4277
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Okay, did anyone here play a newly released title by Alcot Honey Comb called "赤さんと吸血鬼" or "Aka-san to Kyuuketsuki" in Romaji? The title sounds very strange, so I'd like to know if the writing was a match.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 05:45   Link #4278
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
1) I recently finished the routes of the four "main" heroines of Imouto no Okage de ... Overall, there wasn't much I did not like outside of the headscratching-feeling when you had chosen to accept the feelings of the girl. The only so-so aspect was - as I mentioned previously - that the mystery element leading to the final drama was a bit too forced in Aoba's route and partly in Maina's route (respectively the second and first route you can dive in).

What I though was really adorable: After all four routes are completed, there's a short scene with the four heroines who thank you for playing, but tell you the VN is not over yet as there's still *she* who can finally have her turn now . *She* then shows up and says she'll be waiting for the MC/Tokiya and that you should start from the beginning.

2) Not an Eroge, though. I started playing the PSP adaption of Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Apparently, based on a walkthrough, there are for each girl bad endings and surely the name of those endings sounds indeed bad . Thus I will avoid them like there's no tomorrow
The nice things: Beside the usual choice and location selection, there's also a timed one (which is sometimes necessary to wait until the time out) and the option between 建前/tatemae and 本音/honne.
The annoying: Fukubuchou and Emi are extremly unlikeable with their behavior towards Yokodera. I'd like to slap the one who decided to give Fukubuchou her own route >_<.
__________________
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 06:22   Link #4279
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Wasn't Windmill's official statement that the writer plagiarized just some H-scenes?

Which IIRC was found out after they released the first trial which included 2 H-scenes

edit: i still have that trial installed somewhere on my PC. Will probably check it later if they have changed Fiana's and Hikari's H-scene in the trial compared to the full version

later edit:
Checked roughly the first 3 minutes of Hikari's H-scenes in the trial and full version

They kept Hikari's part that was voiced in that H-scene (they might have added or removed some lines, but i am not bored enough to sit through the whole thing for both) but they have entirely changed the text how the H-scene was described

even later edit:
Fiana's H-scene does not seem to have changed (or atleast not noticable)
They did said only the H-scene, but you never know what they might need to cut it.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 06:31   Link #4280
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
They did said only the H-scene, but you never know what they might need to cut it.
They said plagiarism of H-scene, because people noticed it after the release of the first trial. Nothing was changed from the common route.

Plus it seems very unlikely that much can be changed after just 1 month because things such as rewriting the story, redoing the voices, programming, packaging and the time that it takes to produce all the discs is time consuming.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.