AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-28, 08:18   Link #81
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Spoiler for V-Attack method?:

It seems Ricardo and Greco are at an even level of skill. If that's the case, then Ricardo really needs to up his game, make a new super gunpla, or train like hell.

Heero(in Heavyarms) and Zechs fought for 3 hours.

Ricardo and Greco fought for 2 hours, including a full round(which is probably an hour or so...).
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 08:33   Link #82
NeutralZero

Ricardo doesn't need to make a super gunpla if he is to fight the new gen...
he just need to upgrade/tune up his current gunpla to match the opponent

kinda like what Yuuki did with his Zaku amazing in ep 4 (probably after seeing build strike's performance in ep 3 )
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 05:27   Link #83
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, actually, that's what I was referring to. Would the Jegan be able to defeat the Devil Gundam had the latter have its full capability through the use of Plavsky Particles?

In that case, is a superior fighter enough to offset what can be achieved with the Plavsky particles? I'm hoping we'll know the answer to that.
THIS. Summarizes everything I felt. Since my posts seemed antagonistic, I wanna clear up that in no way am I surprised by anything the show has to offer. Hell, I was even open to the idea of Gundam AGE and Gundam Build Fighters when many harboured hesitation, so no amount of PP manipulation will ruin the show for me, despite my nitpickings. Reiji disappearing into thin air? Did not see it coming at all but wasn't bugged by it. I did nitpick it though Other examples include Unicorn VS Shamblo's erratic force fields, aliens in 00, nothing actually surprise me since it's anime. I just take it all in stride but hey, I like to nitpick.

Moving on, that's nice news about the sudden death V-Attack method. I hope we get a backstory on Wing Fenice's damaged appearance and if it was related to this match. I wonder if the Meteor Hopper was Felini's answer to the rising challengers in World Championship.

Off-topic - That HGUC Sengoku Astray would look beastly in Astray Noir color scheme.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:02   Link #84
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

The whole idea of the new generation of gunpla that utilizes PP well, makes me wonder if the past 6 generations of gunpla builders are incompetent fools . It's strange that there is a sudden trend of superior gunpla that utilizes PP efficiently. PPSE seems to be regularly sending their own top player into the tournament. And as founders of the PP, it seems strange that they do not have full grasp of this technology from the start.

There is also Mao's master who seems to knowledgeable in this area, so I suppose there are definitely others who has in-dept knowledge about this. But I suppose it may tie in with the plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
There are different regional divisions in Japan, Mao is from the 5th division which I assume is the Kyoto region, from his accent, and already secured his spot in the finals before he was introduced, Sei is in the Tokyo region.
Which was why I was confused when Sei mentioned that he's in the World Tournament. Maybe I remembered wrongly or something.

Last edited by KaiDamien; 2013-11-29 at 11:32.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:29   Link #85
NeutralZero

They are both in the world tournament
which is confusing and weird at the same time considering
each country save from PPSE has 1 rep
yet they have 2...
Old 2013-11-29, 14:54   Link #86
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I wonder if Mao's master was some kind of head researcher or inventor of the Plavsky particles.

He and his Shingyo(?) clan-thing sure knows a lot about this stuff.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 17:02   Link #87
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
They are both in the world tournament
which is confusing and weird at the same time considering
each country save from PPSE has 1 rep
yet they have 2...
What's confusing? There are regional finals, the winner of each region moves on to the world Tournament, Sei is in the Kanto region, Mao is Kansai (aka Osaka area).

The regions are probably lined out due to popularity of the game, sales of models, number of entrants, or Japan as the home country gets more. Which would be why other countries have only 1 and there are at least 5 winners from Japan regions and all of them got trips to that Inn and going to turny.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 19:37   Link #88
NeutralZero

That's why we said confusing...
every country has one rep while they have 2
but you may be right that since they're the country of origin of gunpla that they may have some sort of special incentive...
Old 2013-11-30, 01:51   Link #89
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
The whole idea of the new generation of gunpla that utilizes PP well, makes me wonder if the past 6 generations of gunpla builders are incompetent fools . It's strange that there is a sudden trend of superior gunpla that utilizes PP efficiently. PPSE seems to be regularly sending their own top player into the tournament. And as founders of the PP, it seems strange that they do not have full grasp of this technology from the start.
The PPSE could be holding off showing the technique. Either their intention is to let people discover it and raise the hype for the game, or using Gunpla Battle as something for completely different purpose than a toy game.

As in the utilization of PP, it's not different here. For example, in LoL, there was a champion that had always been using as mid lane mage for awhile, but she is better as top or jungle, and several guys used it constantly, but people dismiss any other options even though it's clearly better, until the day one guy brought it into world match, then the whole world started to join the bangwagon and talk about how it's the only true way to play. Same thing for Blazblue where Taotaka is considered low tier until the day a guy brought her Taunt loop trick into a tournament match. Suddenly she's high tier.

I'm only using cases where I'm familiar with, but I heard there was that Starcraft 2 strat that turn the whole faction match up around. Or if you want to talk about meta, going with LoL again, the formation usually will always be 1-1-2 and one in the jungle, but until the day a Korean team used the lane swapping strat, suddenly the whole world's strategy revolve around that, and there is no better way to play. It took them 2 years to utilize this strat in tournament match, even though it has always been there for a long time. They could be holding it for the big match, or just recently mastered it to the point where they deem it's usable in tournament, who knows?

In short, it has always been there, but unless it's brought into tournament, no one bothers with it. People love to stick to their old way, no matter they are pro or amateur. Only a few dare to risk it by playing differently.
Old 2013-11-30, 07:55   Link #90
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The PPSE could be holding off showing the technique. Either their intention is to let people discover it and raise the hype for the game, or using Gunpla Battle as something for completely different purpose than a toy game.

As in the utilization of PP, it's not different here. For example, in LoL, there was a champion that had always been using as mid lane mage for awhile, but she is better as top or jungle, and several guys used it constantly, but people dismiss any other options even though it's clearly better, until the day one guy brought it into world match, then the whole world started to join the bangwagon and talk about how it's the only true way to play. Same thing for Blazblue where Taotaka is considered low tier until the day a guy brought her Taunt loop trick into a tournament match. Suddenly she's high tier.

I'm only using cases where I'm familiar with, but I heard there was that Starcraft 2 strat that turn the whole faction match up around. Or if you want to talk about meta, going with LoL again, the formation usually will always be 1-1-2 and one in the jungle, but until the day a Korean team used the lane swapping strat, suddenly the whole world's strategy revolve around that, and there is no better way to play. It took them 2 years to utilize this strat in tournament match, even though it has always been there for a long time. They could be holding it for the big match, or just recently mastered it to the point where they deem it's usable in tournament, who knows?

In short, it has always been there, but unless it's brought into tournament, no one bothers with it. People love to stick to their old way, no matter they are pro or amateur. Only a few dare to risk it by playing differently.
If you're going to talk about changing the meta game of games, it isn't that simple. The advantages it bring to gunpla is simply too high compared to the examples that you used. For example lets say in the context of a fighting game, it's like suddenly a someone found the full potential of a old update that can be applied to any character allowing that character to have attacks that could bypass your guard, someone who could unleash a special attack without achieving its prerequisites. That isn't something as simple as a battle strategy that would change the metagame.

Given PPSE apparent rivalry with the Institute, they should have been going 100% all out . Unless of course, like what I in my previous post, and you mentioning it here, it's highly possible that it could be related to the plot. There could also be other explanations like how the general knowledge and technology to utilize PP was lost 2 years ago, builders incorporating PP did not enter the tournament since 2 years ago etc .

Still while I accept PP and know that it's part of the story element to introduce how effective PP is , without explaining the timeline and the whys, it really makes the previous builders look incompetent.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 08:23   Link #91
NeutralZero

not really...
since the dozzle look alike that uses apsalas 3 did manipulate the pp to have an I field eff...
and he was a prev. world tourney participant...

Its possible that full understanding of utilizing PP to its full extent was not that comprehensive before than the current timeline...
it can also be said that some may not fancy pp manipulation in favour to their own fighting style or just completely ignorant that on the methods of how it can be utilized properly or even the fact that it can be manipulated, like Sei...
Old 2013-12-01, 03:08   Link #92
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Still while I accept PP and know that it's part of the story element to introduce how effective PP is , without explaining the timeline and the whys, it really makes the previous builders look incompetent.
Either incompetent or stubborn. There are guys who are still sticking to the old way or low tier character just because they don't want to change, or thinking like you that the new method is just cheap. Like for that Taotaka's taunt loop trick I mentioned. It's effective, deadly, but man does it look cheap/boring. There are a bunch of guys who were using Taotaka refused to use suck trick, too. As long as they are still winning.

PP manipulating isn't something new.
Old 2013-12-03, 05:01   Link #93
s07195
Distracted

Ok, um, why do I feel a 'Danball Senki'-esque world takeover is going to happen sooner or later? There are a lot more factions in the World Tournament, which makes sense, but a lot of the competitors don't seem to be in it because they like battling at all...

EDIT: The ED changed!

I'm also looking forward to more weak suit vs strong suit scenes.

Last edited by s07195; 2013-12-03 at 05:11.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote