AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-09, 13:30   Link #41
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Thread for New Testament Vol.9.

Cover:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1768

Sinopsis:
Quote:
>New Testament To Aru Majutsu no Index (9)
>Author/Kamachi Kazuma Illustrations/Haimura Kiyotaka Price(590 yen + tax)

>Othinus's rule has been fulfilled.
>Sargasso, Gremlin's base on Tokyo Bay and the battle stage, has disappeared. Not only that, the world itself is gone. Index, Misaka Mikoto, Lessar, and Birdway who came with him have of course vanished too.
>In a space filled with darkness, only Kamijou Touma remains. There is a single reason for this: he possesses the right hand that acts as a reference point and restoration point for the world.
>Othinus has become a god, so Kamijou Touma is no longer worth even the slightest interest. There is no chance at all for him to make his usual come-from-behind victory.
>That is the kind of world this is.
>And...
>And...
>And...
>This is the story that crushes Kamijou Touma's heart.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 21:30   Link #42
OH&S
Safety Inspector
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
I request that a thread be made for Official Parody Stories from the Index Franchise. This includes A Certain Prohecy Index, A Certain Collaboration and the most recently translated A Certain Academy Index.

I am sure that more are on their way so I thought it would be nice to have a small thread for all of the lols; case in point, A Certain Academy Index is HILARIOUS!
__________________
Toaru Series Calendar: A Certain Unified Calendar - <UPDATED JUNE 2014>

Toaru Series 10 Years: Light Novel Anniversary MAD - Index:NT10 X asdfmovie
OH&S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 07:05   Link #43
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
I request a Touma character discussion thread for novel readers/manga readers. There are a lot of interesting discussions now about his current character after the last volume NT 9 and apparently there is some problem with discussing how exactly his character is and how it changed because we have to refer to lots of novel spoilers often, so it would be very convenient and probably beneficial if we obtained such a thread in this section. That way the anime only viewers would have their own thread as well and it would help fix this problem.

While we're at it, I think it would be good to do the same thing for Accelerator. A lot of us could be saying really interesting things about these main characters, but we can't because everything we'd be saying are crazy spoilers... It's somewhat difficult to have discussions about them because of this. This is because most of the interesting things we could say about these characters now would contain spoilers, so like every post in those threads would have to be spoilered which would probably not be the point of using spoiler tags. It'd be more effective to have a separate thread without spoilers...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 08:04   Link #44
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Separating the manga and light novels subforums from their respective subforums isn't the best idea I saw so far, I would you moderator to enlighten about your reasons for that decision.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 12:14   Link #45
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Separating the manga and light novels subforums from their respective subforums isn't the best idea I saw so far, I would you moderator to enlighten about your reasons for that decision.
Please read this thread. From a practical perspective, there is little change for Index or Railgun, except that the other forums are linked via announcement rather than being inside the other. It means that we can create sub-forums for manga and light novels even before an anime exists, if the franchise needs it to benefit discussion. Anyway, the linked thread explains more.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:47   Link #46
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I request for a Old Testament Characters popularity poll (If you need the names I'll post them).

I think this could help to increase the activity of the subforum and because despite there was a request for one when Index II ended, it never was created.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 15:50   Link #47
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I request for a Old Testament Characters popularity poll (If you need the names I'll post them).

I think this could help to increase the activity of the subforum and because despite there was a request for one when Index II ended, it never was created.
I'm seconding this popularity poll that would help increase activity on the subforum.

We're all still butt-hurt about the official poll that ended in disaster.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 01:03   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Can I put in a request for a "To Aru Majutsu no Index - Light Novel - New Testament Volume 10" thread? We have the Synopsis and Cover Illustration already, discussions are going to ramp up in the coming weeks.

...And make it as fancy like Mahouka's one where it's like an episode thread
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 01:29   Link #49
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I request for a Old Testament Characters popularity poll (If you need the names I'll post them).
Please post the names that should be included, but you'll probably have to limit it in scope to important characters, because I can only put so many people on the poll.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 06:53   Link #50
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Please post the names that should be included, but you'll probably have to limit it in scope to important characters, because I can only put so many people on the poll.
How many? Well for now i have:


Kamijou Touma
Accelerator
Hamazura Shiage
Styil Magnus
Index
Kanzaki Kaori
Itsuwa
Lessar
Tsuchimikado Motoharu
Las Order
Misaka Worst
Mugino Shizuri
Takitsubo Rikou
Musujime Awaki
Kinuhata Saiai
Kakine Teitoku
Acqua of the Back
Fiamma of the Right
Aleister Crowley
Laura Stuart
__________________

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-04-10 at 20:23. Reason: Deleted the obvious one and added 2 other alternatives.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 07:13   Link #51
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Void
Age: 21
If you need to cut that list down, I can guarantee that:

Knight Leader
Princess Carissa

Will not get very many votes. Might be important, but only for a short amount of time or are barely mentioned later on, as all the rest of the characters actually persist further into the series. Honestly, the princess is not that important, even if she has one of the most brilliant lines in the OT.


I can't really justify removing any of the others, like Motoharu and ITEM are popular, the Amakusa's Itsuwa, Necessarius's Stiyl and Kaori etc.


Fremea(or was it Frenda, I get mixed up) had a large impact on the story as well, but... well that's a pointless addition too. Even if she is popular.

I also couldn't replace any of the other choices as well, unless you want separate polls for 'protagonist' and 'antagonist', loosely termed anyway. There really is a stupid amount of characters, but I think Birdway has everyone important there, aside from perhaps Vento, or Terra, but those are generally unlikeable, and one doesn't last long either.

There's also Sasha Kreutsev, who had a major role as Misha, Gabriel etc. Bondage clothes. You see how difficult this is...

You would probably need to get a general consensus on who is likely to be voted for most, before even putting a poll up xD

Unless you can somehow add all of them lol!
__________________
Fanfiction Profile
Natsu Dragneel : Wise Fairy - A fanfiction written by me
MyAnimeList : Everything I've ever watched

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behaviour is patience and moderation."

-Moliere
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 07:59   Link #52
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Oldt Testamento Poll...
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:44   Link #53
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Void
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Oldt Testamento Poll...
None of the characters I mentioned are NT only... But if you want OT characters only, none of that list will fit either. I do realise you were on about OT poll.
__________________
Fanfiction Profile
Natsu Dragneel : Wise Fairy - A fanfiction written by me
MyAnimeList : Everything I've ever watched

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behaviour is patience and moderation."

-Moliere
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:49   Link #54
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by furaiz View Post
If you need to cut that list down, I can guarantee that:

Knight Leader
Princess Carissa

Will not get very many votes. Might be important, but only for a short amount of time or are barely mentioned later on, as all the rest of the characters actually persist further into the series. Honestly, the princess is not that important, even if she has one of the most brilliant lines in the OT.


I can't really justify removing any of the others, like Motoharu and ITEM are popular, the Amakusa's Itsuwa, Necessarius's Stiyl and Kaori etc.


Fremea(or was it Frenda, I get mixed up) had a large impact on the story as well, but... well that's a pointless addition too. Even if she is popular.

I also couldn't replace any of the other choices as well, unless you want separate polls for 'protagonist' and 'antagonist', loosely termed anyway. There really is a stupid amount of characters, but I think Birdway has everyone important there, aside from perhaps Vento, or Terra, but those are generally unlikeable, and one doesn't last long either.

There's also Sasha Kreutsev, who had a major role as Misha, Gabriel etc. Bondage clothes. You see how difficult this is...

You would probably need to get a general consensus on who is likely to be voted for most, before even putting a poll up xD

Unless you can somehow add all of them lol!
Wait, who're Aleister Crowley and Fiamma of the Right. Those aren't important characters, are they? They can be removed.

Frenda's addition isn't pointless lol, but she's definitely not the best OT character.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:55   Link #55
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Void
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Wait, who're Aleister Crowley and Fiamma of the Right. Those aren't important characters, are they? They can be removed.

Frenda's addition isn't pointless lol, but she's definitely not the best OT character.
Yeah, it's hard justifying what not to add, but some have more importance than others.

Should we just remove the big 3, Mikoto, Touma and Index,(Possibly Accel) and focus on the other characters... I mean, those three would end up getting most of the vote anyway. We could just limit it to the other important characters, like Kakine, Fiamma etc.

Then again, it's hard to justify removing those three or four since one of them is likely to win xD
__________________
Fanfiction Profile
Natsu Dragneel : Wise Fairy - A fanfiction written by me
MyAnimeList : Everything I've ever watched

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behaviour is patience and moderation."

-Moliere
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 16:24   Link #56
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by furaiz View Post
Yeah, it's hard justifying what not to add, but some have more importance than others.

Should we just remove the big 3, Mikoto, Touma and Index,(Possibly Accel) and focus on the other characters... I mean, those three would end up getting most of the vote anyway. We could just limit it to the other important characters, like Kakine, Fiamma etc.

Then again, it's hard to justify removing those three or four since one of them is likely to win xD
Two polls. One for non-main, the other for main characters. That would be nice for once and would give much more information. Heck if they wanted to, they could even do three polls with each poll having each tier level of popularity character, and that would be efficient and give much more information, than the normal polls for favorite character out of everyone....
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 18:03   Link #57
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Two polls. One for non-main, the other for main characters. That would be nice for once and would give much more information. Heck if they wanted to, they could even do three polls with each poll having each tier level of popularity character, and that would be efficient and give much more information, than the normal polls for favorite character out of everyone....
It's not impossible... but I don't want it to be chaotic either. I'm okay with experimenting a little with a little mini popularity tournament of sorts... but so long as it doesn't get out of hand (same rules as Saimoe and similar -- no campaigning, no attacking, etc.). I'd really rather the polls start conversation about the characters and the reasons people like them, and not just votes, so maybe it could be "Vote for your <x> (3? 5?) favourite characters and explain what caused you to like them" or something.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 18:40   Link #58
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Rentless, do the first poll and later when you see fit do your idea with examples of posible.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 19:50   Link #59
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by furaiz View Post
Yeah, it's hard justifying what not to add, but some have more importance than others.

Should we just remove the big 3, Mikoto, Touma and Index,(Possibly Accel) and focus on the other characters... I mean, those three would end up getting most of the vote anyway. We could just limit it to the other important characters, like Kakine, Fiamma etc.

Then again, it's hard to justify removing those three or four since one of them is likely to win xD
index isn't really popular and touma might actually have more haters then fans so i wouldn't put them in the top 3 sadly.

mikoto, accelerator, and i think misaki are by far the most popular in the series(unless misaki hype died down then i don't know).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:04   Link #60
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not impossible... but I don't want it to be chaotic either. I'm okay with experimenting a little with a little mini popularity tournament of sorts... but so long as it doesn't get out of hand (same rules as Saimoe and similar -- no campaigning, no attacking, etc.). I'd really rather the polls start conversation about the characters and the reasons people like them, and not just votes, so maybe it could be "Vote for your <x> (3? 5?) favourite characters and explain what caused you to like them" or something.
That really does sound like a good idea, but I guess it's probably better to do what Birdway said first... as long as people need to explain why they picked said characters.

After more people are on the site, I'm sure the second idea would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Rentless, do the first poll and later when you see fit do your idea with examples of posible.
Seconded. But without Touma, Hamazura, Mikoto, Accelerator. (and we need to consider whether or not OT railgun applies...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
index isn't really popular and touma might actually have more haters then fans so i wouldn't put them in the top 3 sadly.

mikoto, accelerator, and i think misaki are by far the most popular in the series(unless misaki hype died down then i don't know).
Lol. Touma having more haters doesn't make him unpopular. He is #2 LN character... there is no way he has that many haters... and Character popularity is decided by who many people think he's the best, not who hates said character... And I think you're reactions to comments might be a bit overdoing it. You're just seeing a really biased sample of people who like to comment about these things. It's not the big picture. You're seeing the people who feel the strongest, but not a representative sample of most people's impressions of Touma/To aru series...

Otherwise, Mikoto is obviously #1, and Accelerator, Touma are the most popular in the OT (Misaki doesn't appear except in the railgun manga... does that count?).

If this is for the LN/manga readers forum then I think Aqua, Hamazura are also definitely up there.

We need to figure out what OT means, whether it includes railgun manga or not. We need to decide whether or not to put the top 4 into another poll, because we've already heard so many people fawning about those 4 anyway, I don't think it'd really be constructive to hear more about them, in a poll that would detract from everyone else...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.