AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-12-15, 17:39   Link #161
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBossLuffy View Post
This made me finally register an account as well. I tried convincing people to watch it but it's tough haha.

I've been reading this forum like half a year now, and it makes every new manga chapter much more fun.
Thanks you all.

Oh, and good timing obv to make an account with the conformation about Sabo being alive. Didnt choose a name with Sabo though, cause i just love Maffia Luffy.

U prob all know the scene, but it's still worth another watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn5W0UBJygU

Anyway, im glad i finally made an acocunt, maybe ill post some ass well instead of just reading.

Oh btw, i LOVE One Piece.

Why am I smoking a cigar?

Zoro, what ? haha

Lastly, i really liked the theory about Sabo bein a bit more tactician/smart guy. Wold be a nice change.
And as someone else said, (i thought of it after wathcing todays' anime where kuzan appeared) im thinkin maybe Kuzan will arrive at Dressrosa as well, he is nearby after all
Ya anime is great but being able to join in and talk and think of whats next with other people who enjoy it makes it that much more fun.

I am still mad at sabo until the explanation of what he has been up to comes out. But ya he seems more like a man of thought then all action like luffy. I consider sabo to probably be like ace A mix of action and brains. Plus i bet he is pretty informed on the world thanks to his time with dragon.

As for aokiji showing up. I am open to it but I Doubt it. I do not know why but I think with all that is going to appear down the line. He seems like he is just wandering right now.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 18:50   Link #162
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't think there are enough samples yet, to be able to speak of a pattern.^^

Hey now, I already mentioned the less extreme face that Robin made before, didn't I? And heck, you can also count Usopp and Franky in that same panel:

Images
trio the face
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And there's also one more example that I believe nobody else brought up yet:

Images
horohorohoWHOA

But like I said before, I'd love to see Zoro make that "shocked" face next (Nami would be awesome too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for her making it anytime soon).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 18:59   Link #163
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey now, I already mentioned the less extreme face that Robin made before, didn't I? And heck, you can also count Usopp and Franky in that same panel:

Images
trio the face

And there's also one more example that I believe nobody else brought up yet:

Images
horohorohoWHOA

But like I said before, I'd love to see Zoro make that "shocked" face next (Nami would be awesome too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for her making it anytime soon).
I hope not. zoro is the definition of badassery and to see him with a face like that just would not suite him.

plus other then seeing his childhood friend back to life I cannot think of anything that would effect zoro to that extreme.
Old 2013-12-16, 00:31   Link #164
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
I hope not. zoro is the definition of badassery and to see him with a face like that just would not suite him.

This is EXACTLY why I want to see him make that type of face. To see Mr. Stoic McBadAss make that sort of crazy, goofy face would be quite a spectacle, indeed.

And hey, it's not like he hasn't made his share of goofy faces, before. Besides, if super-serious Nico Robin can make a face like the one in the pic I posted above, what's to stop Zoro from making one, eh?
Old 2013-12-16, 08:10   Link #165
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
It doesn't really count without the snot, so you can cross Usopp, Robin and Fanky from that sample list.^^ That being said, I really think that face looks too ridiculous, I don't want to see it on anyone, to be honest.
Old 2013-12-16, 10:12   Link #166
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
This is EXACTLY why I want to see him make that type of face. To see Mr. Stoic McBadAss make that sort of crazy, goofy face would be quite a spectacle, indeed.

And hey, it's not like he hasn't made his share of goofy faces, before. Besides, if super-serious Nico Robin can make a face like the one in the pic I posted above, what's to stop Zoro from making one, eh?
Ya your right it would be funny as hell that face is awsome when used at the right times lol.

Quote:
It doesn't really count without the snot, so you can cross Usopp, Robin and Fanky from that sample list.^^ That being said, I really think that face looks too ridiculous, I don't want to see it on anyone, to be honest.
What are you talking about @bold. That is that best face in manga history. it truly conveys core shaking shock and amazement all while being funny.
Old 2013-12-16, 15:53   Link #167
ZGoten
Custom User Title

I just don't find it funny, plus there are better ways to convey those emotions. And the snot makes it somewhat disgusting as well. Not a pleasent sight all in all.
Old 2013-12-16, 16:19   Link #168
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
I just don't find it funny, plus there are better ways to convey those emotions. And the snot makes it somewhat disgusting as well. Not a pleasent sight all in all.
well to each their own. Most people find it funny as hell so......
Old 2013-12-16, 17:46   Link #169
marvelB

Quote:
It doesn't really count without the snot, so you can cross Usopp, Robin and Fanky from that sample list.^^

But you at least DO acknowledge Perona, yes?

Quote:
That being said, I really think that face looks too ridiculous, I don't want to see it on anyone, to be honest.
"Too ridiculous"? In One Piece?

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Quote:

Out of curiosity...... were you revolted by all the other countless times when Oda drew characters who had snot flowing from their noses when they were crying or showing some other extreme emotion? In fact, I'm pretty sure I even recall that happening to Zoro AND Robin a few times already (in serious scenes, mind you). Honestly, I don't really think that raw emotion is something that requires a "clean and proper" representation......
Old 2013-12-16, 21:25   Link #170
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Most of us are conditioned not to express raw emotion, or at least in controlled circumstances e.g. at work.

So to be forced into displaying raw emotion (shock, horror) when we are not expecting to do so, is basically a loss of control.

Snot is important. You don't normally let it flow, but seeing your brother whom you thought had been blown up? Yes it will flow!
Old 2013-12-17, 02:59   Link #171
philip72

Not really what you guys wanted, but here's Zoro doing eye projections.

philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 04:28   Link #172
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Out of curiosity...... were you revolted by all the other countless times when Oda drew characters who had snot flowing from their noses when they were crying or showing some other extreme emotion? In fact, I'm pretty sure I even recall that happening to Zoro AND Robin a few times already (in serious scenes, mind you). Honestly, I don't really think that raw emotion is something that requires a "clean and proper" representation......
'Revolted' is too harsh of a word, but I'm no fan of the overly cartoony expression of emotion with the popping eyes and so on. Yes, I know that it's a manga we're talking about, and I know that Oda's drawing in general is far from realistic, but there's a limit to what I can enjoy. I just can't laugh at panels like those. At best they make me turn the page extra quickly without cringing. Don't take this the wrong way, though, I'm not angry about it or anything, and I don't even feel particularly strong about this. I'm just explaining my position since some people seem to be in disbelief of what I'm saying, lol. Oh, yes, the Perona one is fine. But you should address GreyZone with that, not me. He's the one whose theory and reasoning are ruined by it.^^
Old 2013-12-17, 04:29   Link #173
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Since big mom also appeared in the vicinity, wonder if Jinbei will do an encore, as a member of his new crew. Reunion with Koala also dictates one more chapter on what happened, was it Jinbei or someone else (among Revolutionaries, it is not like Jinbei will do short courses on his karate from time to time) who did the teachings.
Old 2013-12-17, 04:53   Link #174
Trax
Rock beats scissors

^ That was probably Hack, since he's affiliated with the RA and it was mentioned he teaches fishman karate.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 05:29   Link #175
MobBossLuffy

Are the spoilers just late or will there not be a new manga chapter tomorrow?
MobBossLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 06:20   Link #176
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBossLuffy View Post
Are the spoilers just late or will there not be a new manga chapter tomorrow?
http://www.mangaspoiler.com/2013/12/...C732%E8%A9%B1/

its the issue spoilers, and its not be confirmed yet..
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 08:17   Link #177
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Chapter is out. It's mainly about

Spoiler for 732:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 08:55   Link #178
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Spoiler for Senor Pink's ability:
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 09:58   Link #179
marvelB

Quote:
'Revolted' is too harsh of a word, but I'm no fan of the overly cartoony expression of emotion with the popping eyes and so on. Yes, I know that it's a manga we're talking about, and I know that Oda's drawing in general is far from realistic, but there's a limit to what I can enjoy. I just can't laugh at panels like those. At best they make me turn the page extra quickly without cringing. Don't take this the wrong way, though, I'm not angry about it or anything, and I don't even feel particularly strong about this. I'm just explaining my position since some people seem to be in disbelief of what I'm saying, lol. Oh, yes, the Perona one is fine. But you should address GreyZone with that, not me. He's the one whose theory and reasoning are ruined by it.^^

I suppose you're right about my choice of words being a bit on the strong side, but it was kinda the impression I got when you said you found the snot thing "disgusting". I apologize if I seemed a bit judgmental here, and respect your opinion.

And with that being said, all talk about the next chapter can be taken to this thread, guys!

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion