AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-15, 02:05   Link #3381
AP24

I'm talking about the announcement on the label that says "new project in production".
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 19:20   Link #3382
Burden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkTheTrinigon View Post
As for news for the next release, they really haven't even stated that they were working on volume 2 yet, let alone when it was going to be published.

I wouldn't be mad if some good translatIon company got the license but the DMG is infamous for working mostly on yaoi and Hentai so why Hidan No Aria?

At least they didn't license high school DxD as well which is somewhat similar now that HnA has magic all of the sudden or I would be flipping stuff right now
Don't have any info of what they're working on right now but the word is that they have the license for Volumes 1~3 only, currently.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 19:39   Link #3383
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I'm talking about the announcement on the label that says "new project in production".
I did say that I can't read moonrunes so I didn't manage to know what you mean and didn't know that their is a new project in production.

so vol 1-3 is only in license? .... this sucks. I wish they continue the translation. i want to read the battle between G III and Kinji.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 06:38   Link #3384
sky black swordman

Quote:

Akamatsu tweeted this pic. Does this mean there's going to be new anime?
If it does, I am going to be very surprised. IIRC, the first season of the anime didn't well enough to warrant a new anime season.
Old 2013-12-16, 07:19   Link #3385
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
If it does, I am going to be very surprised. IIRC, the first season of the anime didn't well enough to warrant a new anime season.
the anime sold good. Not denpa onna good (if i remember it right. it shows in the same season) but it sold good. above average for mediocre animation and budget. if there would be second season then there are chances but we just see at not happening because it turn bad story/plot wise.

If they will animate the glorious battle of tohyama brothers vs sherlock then I would be happy.

Old 2013-12-16, 07:26   Link #3386
AP24

Quote:
Actually the BD/DVD sales for the first season was enough to warrant another season. Assuming it does get another season, what's surprising is that it took this long for them to decide .
Old 2013-12-16, 07:30   Link #3387
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

If they will animate the glorious battle of tohyama brothers vs sherlock then I would be happy.
Or they'll cut corners like they did in Jeanne vs Shirayuki *zing*
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 07:35   Link #3388
whitecloud
Banned

For now i just hope there is a independent translator with a blog somewhere want to translate it for us...( really hoping) with the track record the publisher have i will have a grand kid when they reach current fan translated volume, even worse they might have abandoned it mid way, leaving us all in the desert...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 08:16   Link #3389
Althero

Technically we did, but he was afraid of getting in trouble ( Can't blame him for that ) and went to do other projects.

Anyways, did any of you guys bother to check the summary? If what I tried to read using google translate was right, well... shit hit the fan?
Althero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 08:24   Link #3390
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
darn, you just made me remember that horrible battle. ugh frustration! MAX!!! the glorious spell spam was turn into stupid talk between kinji and aria GRRRRR!!!!

what summary? I haven't seen the summary yet.

if its the last translator of HnA then his willing to translate it but I think the other translators in BT advice him to stop because it might just cost him more trouble but I think he even made a blog and planned to post the translation there but well, you know what happen.

Old 2013-12-16, 09:51   Link #3391
Althero

Ah sorry wrong choice of word. I mean like... the preview? resume? teaser?
You know, the one in the website.
Can't really decide which word I should use. Ignore it anyway if ya don't understand.

Btw, if my memory is correct, the book should be released in time for Christmas. Still disappointing that we won't know what gonna happen.
Old 2013-12-16, 16:01   Link #3392
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

If I recall correctly, the last/latest translator had planned to put up a blog that blocked access to Americans (to lessen the odds of being targeted) but was unsure of how to do so and was asking for help. I assume from Althero's earlier post that the individual did indeed decide to move on to avoid repercussions.

Sigh, I miss Reki...
Old 2013-12-16, 18:57   Link #3393
sky black swordman

Quote:
Actually the BD/DVD sales for the first season was enough to warrant another season. Assuming it does get another season, what's surprising is that it took this long for them to decide .
Really now? What was the average sales for Blu-ray and DVD?

Quote:
darn, you just made me remember that horrible battle. ugh frustration! MAX!!! the glorious spell spam was turn into stupid talk between kinji and aria GRRRRR!!!!
Trust me, I know how you feel!
Old 2013-12-16, 23:27   Link #3394
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I wouldn't call that 'cutting corners', but outright butchering of the fight scene Seriously, there was what, only ONE named attack made it onto the screen?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 08:20   Link #3395
tsunade666

Quote:
I don't know but last time i check when its still airing. Vol 1 has an average of more than 5000 combined bd and dvd sales. that is above average because the clean cut for most anime having second season is 5000.

I agree with flare. Its not cutting corner but outright butchering. The only named attacked is the final attack.

THEY DIDN'T SHOW the ACTUAL FIGHT AT ALL!!!!

Plus they make hysteria mode more believable because if I remember it right. They use the butterfly catch technique with both hands in the anime instead of two fingers in the novel (if I remember the scene right)

Old 2013-12-18, 10:40   Link #3396
Daverick

Quote:
Average sales for all 7 volumes was:
*5,321 - Hidan no Aria (Spring, 7 vols) 1,874 DVD (36%) / 3,447 BD (65%)
Daverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 11:20   Link #3397
Althero

Spoiler for Colour image:
Old 2013-12-19, 04:25   Link #3398
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Quote:
I don't know but last time i check when its still airing. Vol 1 has an average of more than 5000 combined bd and dvd sales. that is above average because the clean cut for most anime having second season is 5000.

I agree with flare. Its not cutting corner but outright butchering. The only named attacked is the final attack.

THEY DIDN'T SHOW the ACTUAL FIGHT AT ALL!!!!

Plus they make hysteria mode more believable because if I remember it right. They use the butterfly catch technique with both hands in the anime instead of two fingers in the novel (if I remember the scene right)
Yeah. In the novel, Kinji just used his 2 fingers than using two hands in the anime. And it's not only the fight of Jeanne and the others that was "butchered". (I THINK. )
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 07:22   Link #3399
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverick View Post
Average sales for all 7 volumes was:
*5,321 - Hidan no Aria (Spring, 7 vols) 1,874 DVD (36%) / 3,447 BD (65%)
you aren't familiar with dvd/bd sales aren't you? that number isn't average at all but above average. Anything that sales 5000+ is GOOD.

True the anime butchered lots of fighting scenes. they tend to make it believable but it failed.

But one thing I love at the anime is when Aria starts getting angry. Kinji didn't hesitate to jump on his balcony.

Its better to swim on the cold river than got a body full of holes.

that scene was golden.

Old 2013-12-19, 14:56   Link #3400
AP24

Quote:
you aren't familiar with dvd/bd sales aren't you? that number isn't average at all but above average. Anything that sales 5000+ is GOOD.
The average Daverick meant was the mean/average count per volume.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen