AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 11:44   Link #1
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Odd Laptop Clicking Glitch

For the past couple of hours, my laptop (HP Pavilion 14-B132TX) has been undergoing an annoying behavior where for some reason at a random moment it would incessantly and rapidly click by the upper left corner of my screen, just enough to trigger the back button on my browser. Said action also freezes my mouse in place unto that spot, and the only way I've found to end said behavior is through ctrl+alt+del. Unplugging the mouse does nothing to curb the glitch, nor does restarting the laptop.

Another thing, when the glitch occurs the screen at the aforementioned location features the "ripple" graphic that only occurs when this laptop's touchscreen is used.

I just ran a full scan with my antivirus software to see if it was a virus, so far it's found nothing. System restore doesn't solve it either. My only hope now is disabling the touchscreen, and yet I don't know how to do that on this model using Windows 8.

Help would be very much appreciated.

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 13:38   Link #2
Flower
Celestial operations....

Does this happen both when solely using an external mouse (i.e. touchpad is turned off) or when solely using the touchpad (i.e. no external mouse attached)?
Old 2013-12-30, 10:23   Link #3
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I assume the touchscreen should show up as either an input device, or a pointing device in the device manager (system settings).
If so, try disabling that device.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote