AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 12:44   Link #5761
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

But didn't we already get Wu Fei's part in the Victoria chapters, where Tallgeese was changed to a Greif? Along with some extra scenes?
I highly doubt Sumizawa will string flashbacks together in the following chapters. In that case he could skip releasing altogether and just write a note "Read EZ". Nah, I think he'll keep sprinkling bits throughout the story, as he has done so far. At least I hope so.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 15:26   Link #5762
gordol

there were some EZ tidbits all over GOL, we're fine
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 22:09   Link #5763
susyia

heero Yuy gorw up version in FT his personality is cold? or was he friendly with the twin girls in the history?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 01:38   Link #5764
A-Crux
λφα-Crux///Alpha-Crux

Thanks Gordol for the links! FT and GoL!

Ok, is this chart really updated? or is it just there to show what we already know?
I thought the "Preventer Group" + "Gundam Pilots" and "Mars Federation" (minus Relena) were allies, or at least at the same side after the Babel event.
Why Cyrene Wind is not included in the same box where his children are (Mars Federation) ? is because he is K.O.? It seems Mille is out of combat now.
Either way, I was expecting a more completed graphic.
At MC0022 I heard Vingt called Professor W "another silver haired evil spirit", I wonder why, is because he made a female clon of himself? to reconstruct gundams or to pilot Snow White? . I hope Mille will recover, his sister seems to be enraged to Vingt...too many questions

Any way, Happy Holidays everyone!
A-Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 17:38   Link #5765
He00Ro

Dat cover of FT

Seriously the artwork of GOT and FT are magnificent, in fact that's the only thing that I care about in FT
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:44   Link #5766
Eeni

And because I want to ruin a few eyeballs on my way out of 2013:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 20:46   Link #5767
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I know I'm supposed to gouge my eyes out at the pic Eeni, but for some reason I only find this hilarious. Dat leg.
Old 2014-01-02, 10:48   Link #5768
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

That is awesome. Wufei shivering in the corner.
Old 2014-01-03, 06:51   Link #5769
Knight_SV

next chapter of GoL will be the debut of Deathsythe hell and re-done altron. Really can't wait
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 08:29   Link #5770
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Hm. So I've been browsing the official Japanese GW homepage and looking at the character profiles out of idle curiosity... and Sally's age is given as 27. I'm in the series' section, mind you, not EW or FT. In EW it's 28.

I'm a little befuddled here, because a lot of people claimed she was 19, like Zechs, Noin and Une. And the Gundam wiki says she's 22 even though it features a character profile pic, in which you can clearly read "27". (lol guys)

So me thinking Sally was 30 in the series wasn't that off, after all. Ha! Take that fandom.

Catherine Bloom, too, is 18 in the series by the way, not 17 like people and wiki claim. Again, the pic is featured on her wiki page that proves it.

It's not that I take ages very seriously in GW, as most of them are ridiculous. In fact, I ignore all the stats. But I thought I'd mention this for those interested.
Old 2014-01-04, 12:58   Link #5771
gordol

The FT picture drama releases later this month, hopefully there are other MS pics besides the ones already shown.

BTW I was reading that the Seven Dwarfs are supposed to be special cartridges for the new Buster Rifle. I want them to finally address this damned thing
Old 2014-01-04, 15:41   Link #5772
Halberd
ARX-6

Snow White's Sieben Zwerge has two designs so far: the illustration from the novel, in which it actually looks like a regular gun, and the picture drama illustration, in which it actually looks like a crossbow of sorts.

The scans from Gundam ACE actually say 'buster rifle' right next to Snow White's weapon, but then what are those WZC-like rifles from volume 8's cover's mobile suit, which supposedly is Snow White?
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 15:54   Link #5773
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

It's Wing Zero cosplaying as Snow White. The guy on the cover also isn't Heero, but a young Ralph Kurt.
Old 2014-01-04, 16:36   Link #5774
Tendou Souji

I'm going to laugh if the picture drama only gives us the same images we've already seen instead of anything new.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:49   Link #5775
gordol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I'm going to laugh if the picture drama only gives us the same images we've already seen instead of anything new.
I'm betting on this too

From that part of FT the only MS not shown yet is the cloaked Warlock which threw the cartidges for the that pic of the Snow White sniping with the Buster Rifle. Then after that Relena appears(which is already confirmed)

I think it'll continue until Talgeese Heaven appears and shut downs the unmanned Mars Suits(which are never specified in the novel, only that they are flying type).

I bit of hope is necessary
Old 2014-01-04, 21:53   Link #5776
Tendou Souji

Ya know, if they revealed Tallgeese Heaven and the Mars suit and they both looked good I'd be happy for a while. Despite all the BS I would be happy for a little while. Like a month or something. Then I'd be mad again. Maybe even 2 weeks.
Old 2014-01-04, 22:19   Link #5777
gordol

Quote:
Ya know, if they revealed Tallgeese Heaven and the Mars suit and they both looked good I'd be happy for a while. Despite all the BS I would be happy for a little while. Like a month or something. Then I'd be mad again. Maybe even 2 weeks.
MG Altron EW is near with it appearing this month on GOL. Heavy and Sand Kai will have to wait their later introduction. MG Tallgeese III could happen this year also.

Katoki should hurry and finish these FT designs
Old 2014-01-05, 17:32   Link #5778
gordol

I believe we needed to discuss the extensive list of changes and new mechs introduced by the GOL manga, FT novel and MG gunpla. Obviously won't mention old stuff.

Remember that Wing's 20th anniversary is in 2015, and FT was made as a possible bridge to a new anime sequel. To all Wing fans, let's hope we get a new anime next year as all these new related products could be part of Bandai planning in advance.

1)MG kits: Katoki project that started with the previously known as Early Types, now are called EW versions of the Okawara TV designs. They all share to some extent the same inner frame.

A)Deathscythe:
-Katoki added thrusters to the Buster Shield to make it throwable. It also doubles as a fixed beam blade
-Scythe can now be stored on new backpack mount piece
-It doesn't retain the shoulder machinecannons because of the Hyper Jammers.

B)Shenlong:
-Confirmed to have the Flamethrowers on the Dragon Fang, which has less range than the TV ver. and has an unusual crushing mechanism(2 fangs from above, 1 from bellow but there's a solid piece bewteen them).
-Beam Trident can now be stored on new backpack mount piece

C)Heavyarms:
-Confirmed to have only 2 chest gatlings, the 2 side skirt 4 Micromissiles and the 2 front skirt 4 Homing Missiles first seen on the old 1/144 EW Heavyarms Kai model kit.
-Manual confirms the ver Ka uses a Beam Gatling, which many thought was a solid ammo one judging from the ammo canister and belt. GOL however begs to differ.
-Army Knife, Gatling Shield and hidden Beam Saber are reintroduced to the design from the TV ver.
-Katoki also mentions the backpack mounts can be used to carry spare weapons, for example: Heavy Arms Kai EW can enter the battle with 2 Double gatlings on the hands and 2 spare mounted on the backpack.

D)Sandrock:
-Beam Machinegun is now an official armament of the base Sandrock, furthermore it can be stored folded on the Shield(allowing fixed firing) and on the rear skirt.
-Shield that first appeared on a Gundam Weapons lineart section(it's different from the Kai version) is now standard. Shield ''fangs'' have moving gimmick and can use the Cross Crusher
-Heat Shotels now can be combined by the handles forming a double Shotel, it can still be heated(orange effect) in contrast to the Kai version in the EW anime(mostly an animation error)

E)Wing:
-Has 1 Beam Saber stored inside the shield(no shield ''breaking mechanism to retrieve it from the TV ver, although SD G Gen Overworld has the Ka ver. doing the same thing :shock: )
-Shoulder mounted Machinecannons with cover gimmick same as Wing Zero EW.
-Spare Buster Rifle energy cartridges stored on arms Energy Cartridge Pods

F)Proto Wing Zero:
-Brand new Katoki design replicating Okawara's original Wing Zero design with stylistic changes for the GOL manga
-Confirmation on the Wing Vulcans being located on the shield, finally. Rest of the armament and gimmicks is the same as the TV ver.

G)Epyon:
-We finally get to see Katoki's take on the Epyon and it's basically the same as the Okawara one.
-Only relevant new gimmick are the dragon mouth feet which open and are actually used to house a weapon in FT.

H)Tallgeese I:
-Katoki's new take on his own design, basically the same as the TV ver. but now the rear skirt thrusters open, the large backpack thrusters pods are now fixed on the back(instead of the shoulders in the TV ver.) and the Dober Gun has a sensor and firing mechanism gimmick.
-Confirmed to have a maximum acceleration of 15G!
-Tallgeese II is just a recolor with new head again.

I)Deathscythe Hell:
-Still got shafted HARD on the weapons department, nothing new for it as of now.

2)Glory of the Losers manga: new awesome retelling of the Tv series using the Katoki designs. Awesome art, nice pacing, plot changes, addons for every MS and crossover with FT and Episode Zero. Go read it now! **All MS add-ons are designed by Katoki

A)Wing:
-New not yet used attachment on the tip of its shield, teased on a chapter cover for now.
-The story explains Heero made the spare energy cartridges from stolen Gundamium alloy carried by an OZ transport.

B)Proto Wing Zero:
-Still built by Quatre on a Winner family asteroid based on data left by the 5 scientists. People speculate it'll be upgraded to the angel wing version sometime in the future since it has already appeared in a short manga to promote the MG Epyon.

C)Deathscythe:
-Rousette wing add-on created by using Wing spare parts, allows flying and high speed movement.

D)Shenlong:
-Lyaoya solid sword. Based on Sandrock's Heat Shotels and is connected to the shield by a cable, allowing it to be thrown and then retrieved.

E)Heavyarms:
-Igel add-on, adds 2 large missile launchers to the shoulders and 2 extra leg missile pods that can fire in all directions. Also adds a leg crawler unit for fast gorund movement. Seen using a Taurus Beam Cannon mounted on a truck.
-Damselfly add-on, helicopter backpack with large booster for aerial battle. Can be purged easily to get into ground combat

F)Sandrock:
-Seen using the anti-beam mantle from the Kai ver.(the MG kit has already the shoulder compartments to fix the mantle and the shoulder armor)
-Seen throwing the Shotels, even combined. Good to see it doing this TV move not seen on EW.
-Armadillo add-on, additional shoulder and front armor which uses 2 Maganac shields with boosters inside and an additional backpack booster to allow high jumping attacks. Can be purged at will for more mobility.
-Olifant hover unit add-on(official name unknown), uses the Olifant lower body as a hover transport and mounts 2 Maganac Machine Guns as turrets.
-Missile add-on(official name unknown), apparently uses the Armadillo shoulder armor but now has 2 large missile containers on the front

G)Tallgeese:
-Heat Lance ''Tempest''. Weapon built as anti Gundam measure based on the late Walker's data. Can be fixed on the arm or be handheld using another grip. Also has the ability to generate a field used to destroy missiles during the Antartic duel.
-Halberd(official name unknown). Stored in 2 parts and then combined to be used in battle, seems to be just an ordinary solid melee weapon.
-Tallgese Zhilong(?). Wufei's wife ride in Episode Zero appears here, now as just a dark colored(dark blue according to the EW novels) Tallgeese model with a Leo head. Strangely, the backpack boosters seem mounted on the shoulders again :shock:
-Worth noting Treize already has plans for Tallgeese II/III and Epyon early on the series

H)Maganacs:
-The third design of the Maganac troops(1st Tv ver. by Ishigaki, 2nd EW OVA ver. by Katoki). Ishigaki's turn again.
-Base model: now all the Maganacs have head vulcans but still use the TV ver armaments: Beam Rifle, Machine Gun, Custom Shield and Large Heat Hawk. Also seen using the anti beam mantles and the Olifant Hover base.
-Rashid's has additional Chobam Plates all over its body, Ahmud's now has 2 fixed 180mm Cannons and 2 extra verniers on the shoulders, Auda's still has giant Claw on the right arm and a large thruster unit on the rear skirt and Abdul's has mantle-like additional shoulder armor.

I)Altron:
-Will put it here but it was first known that it'll retain both the backpack Wings and the Tail Beam Cannon from the TV ver. from a FT novel cover. Already confirmed it'll have these equipement in the GOL manga and should appear in the January 2014 chapter. Expect MG soon.

3)Frozen Teardrop: Sumisawa's novel project made to work as a bridge for future animated Wing sequel. Takes place in Mars and introduces many new MSes.

A)Leo:
-FT introduces different variations of the Leo in a flashback: Leo Type I(first model of the Leo), Leo Type II Chimera(first space variant of the Leo), Leo Type III New Chimera(improved version of the Type II) and the Leo Type IV Grief.
-The Grief were custom Leos ordered by Treize for the decisive battle of the First Lunar War. They are all painted white (OZ Specials colors) and combine elements of the Leo(base and handheld armaments), Aries(backpack boosters, originally Aries' wings) and Tragos(Dober Gun for artillery) and also have additional side and rear skirt thrusters thus resembling the Tallgeese. Treize's one has a blue crest on the head.
-After winning the 1st Lunar War by defeating the Sagittarius fortress the Griefs were stored but a group of terrorists stole them and painted them black to attack Bulge, so these MSes were called Schwarz Grief.
-Worth mentioning that in GOL they show a Leo Type V, another space equipped one.

B)Wyvern:
-MA created by Doctor J before the events of the TV series to attack the Earth Forces, resembles Epyon's MA mode and was the testbed of the Zero System. Sole weapon is a beam saber used by a small subarm.

C)Tragos II:
-Variant of the Tragos used in the 1st Lunar War, uses a modified cannon and hover system for the low lunar gravity.

D)Virgo III ''Astoria'':
-Manned variant of the Virgo III used by Dixneuf Nonenheim during the expanded Preventer 5 story. Carries 2 Beam Rifles and is equipped with a Leo High Mobility booster on the back, planet defensors and waist mounted missiles. Still retains the MD system that's activated when the pilot is knocked out. Was defeated by Heero piloting a Cancer :shock:

E)Snow White:
-Built upon a MS frame found abandoned inside a Winner family asteroid. These 4 Gundanium frames were supposed to be used in the 2nd Lunar War but never saw the light of the day.
-Heero's new MS. Equipped with at least 1 Beam Saber and a new Buster Rifle that resembles a crossbow, also has the Zero System. The new Buster Rifle is even stronger than Wing Zero's but now it's cartridge based.
-The Buster Rifle can use special cartridges called the Seven Dwarfs which enable wide are devastating attacks. The known ones so far are: Red(creates a flaming bird, used in conjunction with Blue to make a thermal shock attack), Blue(creates an ice swan), Black(creates a tornado) and White(creates a EMP storm which can disable Virgo IVs).
-It's supposed to have the angel wings since when it moves it creates feathers.
-Uses a special anti nano cloak that both protects it from the Mars nanomachines and from surveillance satellites granting a degree of stealth.

F)Warlock:
-Duo Jr ride. Is equipped with 2 scythes that can combine into one and an active cloak and hyperjammers for stealth.
-It's specialty however is to manipulate nanomachines to create illusions such as disabling giant bats and a fake moon.
-Uses a special anti nano cloak that both protects it from the Mars nanomachines and from surveillance satellites granting a degree of stealth.

G)Prometheus:
-The only fully revealed new Gundam. First used by Quatrine. Is only 80% complete and thus the armor is missing in many places. Also has the trademark clown mask
-Has missile launchers all over it's body including a new missile container mounted on the back no present in the original Heavyarms. Retains the chest gatlings but appears to be missing both the head vulcans and the shoulder machinecannons.
-It's main weapon is a giant cross shaped Gatling Cannon which also has Machine Cannons and large missiles on it.

H)Sherazade:
-First used by Trowa Phobos. Is only 80% complete and resembles a belly dancer when moving.
-Only weapon is an arabian small dagger named Jambia, though this dagger is made of MG(Mad Gundanium) which is lighter and firmer than Gundanium allowing it to easily penetrate Prometheus' joints disabling it.
-It was also supposed to use an arabian curved sabre called Shamshir, but there were difficulties with the manipulator software program making it unusable for now
-Uses a special transparent Nano Veil which is more powerful than the anti nano cloaks and shines like a rainbow when in use.

I)Epyon White(Bai):
-Wufei's new ride that he built in a year using Treize's data and adding his own modifications. Painted in Treize's colors(blue/white) and retains the Zero System.
-The base is the same as the Epyon but has no Beam Sword or Heat Rod. Its armaments are a Beam Trident(stored on the shield) and a Dragon Fang on the right arm(mounts a beam cannon and machinecannons). Now it has some ranged options(even in MA form) but still retains the melee power.
-In MA mode the Beam Trident take the place of the Heat Rod and the new Dragon Fang acts as an extra head giving the appearance of a 3 headed pterosaur.

J)Epyon Ares:
-The old Epyon retrieved from the sea, now given a silver colored arm to replace the lost one. Piloted by a Zechs hologram.
-Now finally has a ranged weapon only in MA form, since the dragon mouths were equipped with beam cannons for aerial dogfighting.
-Can still link up its Zero System with MDs to control them in the field.
-The heat rod is more powerful when used in MA form.

K)Maganacs:
-Now they're 40 MD suits, with only Rashid's one being possible of being manually operated by a keyboard control system used to control the other 39 MD. Also called Replica Mobile Dolls, but the meaning of this is unknown.
-The funny part is that Ishigaki only designed 2 types of FT Maganacs: Rashid's commander unit(equipped with a short solid sword) and the unmanned others(equipped with a hatchet). But in the novel Sumisawa describes other types based on the 5 Gundams fighting style: Beam Cannon, Beam Saber, Stealth, Armored and Machine Cannon :shock:

L)Mars Suits:
-New mechs based on worker machines(MTF) used during the Mars terraforming. Make up the bulk of the Martian forces and there many types: terrain specific, range specific and commander units. The type of the suit is known by its card rank(6,Jack,Ace) but there are 4 variations of each type represented by the card suit used as the MS main camera shape(Hearts, Spades).
-Six of Spades/Diamonds/Clubs, heavy equipment ground combat MS that uses a cartridge based Beam Cannon.
-Eight of Hearts/Spades/Diamonds/Clubs, variable aquatic MS that uses torpedoes.
-Ace of Spades/Diamonds/Clubs, variable high mobility heavy bombardment flight type that can carry depth charges.
-Jack of Spades/Clubs, variable high mobility heavy bombardment flight type that can carry depth charges. The Jack of Clubs is also seen using a Tabar(Spear-shaped sword+axe) against Virgo IVs while equipped with a nano cloak
-Queen of Hearts, commander type unit used by Quatrine. Armed with built-in Vulcans, a shoulder mounted Bazooka, Shield and a Beam Sword that can raise its output to become a Beam Lance. Later it's seen using a Beam Mace against Virgo IV's while equipped with a nano cloak
-King of Spades, commander type unit, seen using a Beam Lance against Virgo IV's while equipped with a nano cloak

M)Black Wing Zero:
-Black version of the angel winged Wing Zero piloted by Van Kushrenada. Has the Twin Buster Rifle.

N)Tallgeese Heaven:
-Zechs built it from the remains of the Tallgeese II. Has wings and a halo and can use nanomachines to disable unmanned units. Equipped with variable output Dobergun(Beam), Shield and Beam Sabers.

That's it folks, one thing for sure: Katoki surely regrets removing so many weapons from the Gundams for EW
Old 2014-01-05, 18:39   Link #5779
Tendou Souji

Excellent post. All those new suits and only a few shown. In the Shenlong description you mention that it can store the trident on a new add on but the original Shenlong could store its glaive on the back too. Just mention that they are different weapons. On the Wyvern description you should mention that it can reach escape velocity. I would probably mention that in Build Fighters the Epyon used the beam cannons in the feet which you can kind of say is a nod to FT.
Old 2014-01-05, 18:55   Link #5780
gordol

Quote:
Excellent post. All those new suits and only a few shown. In the Shenlong description you mention that it can store the trident on a new add on but the original Shenlong could store its glaive on the back too. Just mention that they are different weapons. On the Wyvern description you should mention that it can reach escape velocity. I would probably mention that in Build Fighters the Epyon used the beam cannons in the feet which you can kind of say is a nod to FT.
I meant that originally the Shenlong ver Ka. didn't have a place to store the Trident based on old lineart. Thanks for the Wyvern info

Tags
gundam wing