AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 09:10   Link #1941
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
(For information, half of the death in SnK directly affect the characters and have a long term effect on the plot. Only the other half is pointless so far, I'll give you that, but your statements are still technically false.)

@Tsunade No one died in Vol 8, and no one should have. Kagun was never revived, he is still dead and is just a walking mass of flesh now.
As for shingeki. I'm pertaining to the giants mindless killing the people and not the characters who fight for them. I don't call them mindless death because they are important to the story but giving glorified gore to the death of the passers by just to show gore? isn't that useless?

I'm okay with killing but I prefer if its killed in the fastest way. I'm also fine with gores but... in shingeki. They give TOO MUCH EFFORT ON THE DEATH OF NAMELESS PEOPLE.

Like I said. death of nameless people aren't important to me because they are nameless. Its fine if its the death of his mother because its his mother. its significant to his character but the others? they can show the deaths of it like the people getting grab and just shown that they are getting eaten but not total depict of it.

have you watch madoka? the death of mami might a bit shocking but its fast and direct to the point that the witch are deadly.

over GORE is a major turn off for me too. Like mindless deaths of people. Okay they are dead. So? there isn't anymore reason to showcase and put every detail on how they die right? that's just.... sick..... I'm not the type of person that enjoys death because I'm catholic. Death is sacred just like life. You don't throw away your life easily which I have high respect for heroes who throw their own lives to save others but I also don't have respect for people who doesn't value their own lives (points finger on a certain RED HAIRED wannabe faker hero who creates sword)

as for the death in NT 8. I ask because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Did you really read NT 8? You didn't right? That had a pretty beautiful scene about death, (if you skip the first part which I guess you wouldn't like), then you would enjoy pretty much everything else which is amazing (even though I also liked the first part...).
I stop reading volume 8 when Mikoto throws lightning spear on Touma AGAIN....

OH.. so I f*cking hate violent tsundere. Anything that has pink hair and has guns or whips are a huge wanted to kill for me.

Don't misunderstand me. I love tsundere but I only love tsundere done right.

Violence isn't needed to highlight tsunderes. Took for an example of Mariya and Sheryl.

I DON'T LIKE HURTING OTHERS SO I DON'T LIKE SEEING OTHERS GETTING HURT SENSELESSLY.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 12:31   Link #1942
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
As for shingeki. I'm pertaining to the giants mindless killing the people and not the characters who fight for them. I don't call them mindless death because they are important to the story but giving glorified gore to the death of the passers by just to show gore? isn't that useless?

I'm okay with killing but I prefer if its killed in the fastest way. I'm also fine with gores but... in shingeki. They give TOO MUCH EFFORT ON THE DEATH OF NAMELESS PEOPLE.

Like I said. death of nameless people aren't important to me because they are nameless. Its fine if its the death of his mother because its his mother. its significant to his character but the others? they can show the deaths of it like the people getting grab and just shown that they are getting eaten but not total depict of it.

have you watch madoka? the death of mami might a bit shocking but its fast and direct to the point that the witch are deadly.

over GORE is a major turn off for me too. Like mindless deaths of people. Okay they are dead. So? there isn't anymore reason to showcase and put every detail on how they die right? that's just.... sick..... I'm not the type of person that enjoys death because I'm catholic. Death is sacred just like life. You don't throw away your life easily which I have high respect for heroes who throw their own lives to save others but I also don't have respect for people who doesn't value their own lives (points finger on a certain RED HAIRED wannabe faker hero who creates sword)

as for the death in NT 8. I ask because of this.

OH.. so I f*cking hate violent tsundere. Anything that has pink hair and has guns or whips are a huge wanted to kill for me.

Don't misunderstand me. I love tsundere but I only love tsundere done right.

Violence isn't needed to highlight tsunderes. Took for an example of Mariya and Sheryl.

I DON'T LIKE HURTING OTHERS SO I DON'T LIKE SEEING OTHERS GETTING HURT SENSELESSLY.
Like I said, you'd like it if you skipped that first part. I found it fine, but it gets a lot better after that. The entire setting/scenario changes. The part with Mikoto was seriously just the preview, it changes a lot after that. I'd really feel bad for you, if you missed the really great parts of the rest of that volume just because you saw that one scene and decided the rest of the volume was comedic as well. That volume became pretty serious, and had some very nice moments. I specifically said you probably wouldn't like that first part, so I recommend you try reading further. I think you would actually like it.

AAnyway, the first part with the lightning was annoying, but she changed a lot right after that scene... anyway, just read it... you can't know how amazing what you are missing is if you don't read it and just think it's as good as the first part... volume 8 was my favorite so far... except maybe 22...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:13   Link #1943
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
@dniv there was no lightning.
I don't really know how to feel about this.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that never happened. She didn't fire anything at him, neither anyone was hurt.
I really advise you to read the actual thing before forming any opinion.

Spoiler for about death ... because slightly off topic:
Old 2014-01-01, 13:23   Link #1944
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Remember there was a period where the spoilers said that Mikoto shot a bus into the water? I have no idea how that was completely inaccurate but I'm guessing Tsunade never got the memo that it was false.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:41   Link #1945
tsunade666

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that never happened. She didn't fire anything at him, neither anyone was hurt.
I really advise you to read the actual thing before forming any opinion.

Spoiler for about death ... because slightly off topic:
did you even understand what I said about shingeki?

I said that the over detailed of gore is not really needed and it felt that showing every kill in details is useless or senseless on overall plot.

while the death of significant characters are important. I even gave example that the death of his mother is important but showing every scene where the titan eats the human? is that even needed?

there are genocide stories where the massacre isn't even needed to be detailed. have you read/played saya no uta? the human race there ended up as food for the MC and his alien girlfriend. But did they show every bits of gore? the whole setting is gore but that isn't highlighted every single time.

the scene with caster in 4th grail war. When he massacre the kids. they just show the kids heads blow apart but aside from that scene. it isn't showcase too much.

I think your not understanding what I'm saying.

----------------------------------------------

Check this one

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1419

I copy my post from that time where I post it 2013-09-17, 17:40

I read that part where its newly translated by Js06 and I pinged my nose.... why.... its 22 volume of old testament and 8 volumes of new testament. Not included railgun SS but things never change.....

Quote:
Quote:
She shook him back and forth and asked him questions with all her strength.
“Hey!! What kind of space-time exists around you!? Do you have some special characteristic that distorts the rules of the world around you toward the color pink like some kind of black hole!?”
“This! Isn’t! My! Fault! I! Don’t! Know! What! To! Tell! You!!”
Kamijou gained the new experience of hearing the Doppler Effect on his own voice, but it was not something he could enjoy. His semicircular canals were on the verge of being completely destroyed and he did not want to vomit before even boarding the monster airplane.

“Don’t worry. Don’t worry. You don’t need to bother with a warning. No matter what you do, I always end up on the verge of death.”
He tried to casually turn aside the comment and ended up with a one billion volt lightning spear flying toward him.
If it had not been for his “right hand of mystery”, he might very well have died.

“I made up my mind, so I’m going to buy it. …Don’t look at it.”
“What? Are you a comedian in front of a boiling bath? Are you saying you actually want me to-…prhah!?”
Mikoto fired a lightning spear for each naïve question.
Ugh.... violence at its best -_- I'm getting tired of this. And Index only thinks of food >_>

Lessar is a succubus

Quote:
If the goddess of some spring appeared and asked him if he wanted her to wear a swimsuit made up of a lot of cloth or one made up of little cloth, he would choose the one with little cloth. He might even ask if no swimsuit at all was an option! However, his answer would change when he knew reaching out for it would cost him his life!!
Kamachi making fun of Arturian legend. The lady of the lake I won't be surprised if Kamijou ended up making the lady to fall for him.
Don't make it sound like you haven't read the volume.

And dniv I read the book but up to the part where Carrissa got trolled by Loki then the others fight got shafted

that should only happen in shafts work

I don't know about you people but I'm not a masochist. if you guys like violent tsunderes then you have your taste but....

I don't understand what's the appeal on the violent ones?

I know taiga is violent at first but later on the story. He stop hitting Ryuuji and its nice and sweet. that's character development.

Shana is a good tsundere.

Old 2014-01-01, 14:47   Link #1946
dniv
I destroy illusions

Quote:
did you even understand what I said about shingeki?

I said that the over detailed of gore is not really needed and it felt that showing every kill in details is useless or senseless on overall plot.

while the death of significant characters are important. I even gave example that the death of his mother is important but showing every scene where the titan eats the human? is that even needed?

there are genocide stories where the massacre isn't even needed to be detailed. have you read/played saya no uta? the human race there ended up as food for the MC and his alien girlfriend. But did they show every bits of gore? the whole setting is gore but that isn't highlighted every single time.

the scene with caster in 4th grail war. When he massacre the kids. they just show the kids heads blow apart but aside from that scene. it isn't showcase too much.

I think your not understanding what I'm saying.

----------------------------------------------

Check this one

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1419

I copy my post from that time where I post it 2013-09-17, 17:40

I read that part where its newly translated by Js06 and I pinged my nose.... why.... its 22 volume of old testament and 8 volumes of new testament. Not included railgun SS but things never change.....

Don't make it sound like you haven't read the volume.

And dniv I read the book but up to the part where Carrissa got trolled by Loki then the others fight got shafted

that should only happen in shafts work

I don't know about you people but I'm not a masochist. if you guys like violent tsunderes then you have your taste but....

I don't understand what's the appeal on the violent ones?

I know taiga is violent at first but later on the story. He stop hitting Ryuuji and its nice and sweet. that's character development.

Shana is a good tsundere.
Sheesh it's just my bad memory...

You obviously know i read it don't be mean...

Anyway, I was talking about how she attacked the bench. That did happen, I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it. It was because of misaki. And it sounds nice that you at least read until Carissa but the best parts of the novel were chapters 4 and 5 so I think you should finish reading it... And I said lightning, but I was really talking about any generic time mikoto uses electricity or plans to on Touma... Sorry for my inaccuracy, I just god up on New Years so...

The other fight was good sheesh...
The epilogue was even better that you definitely should read...
Anyway, in terms of tsundere characters, I like Shana, Louise, taiga, but the reason people usually like those characters is that they actually have a nice personality hidden behind an "evil" personality. It's also interesting because of a complex personality that they have for various interesting reasons...

I'd say that in mikotos case she just happens to be stronger than most tsunderes. I literally think that's the only difference. So her normal power is what would normally kill someone. Given how insane most characters in index are in personality and strength, it really makes sense. I've always found violent tsundere to literally just be stronger like Shana Louise or mikoto. I mean there are a lot of differences between them, but in my case I just treat mikotos actions as a result of ib. That. Way, it's just toumas misfortune rather than mikoto being annoying...

In my opinion, every character in index has there moments, being flawed isn't really that much of a problem for me given that every character in every series (except kirito) has this problem

But yes: tsundere antics only appeal to me if they are done correctly, they annoy me with mikoto when it makes Touma not like her... It's just her personality though... You saying kamachi should write her differently is literally saying that as a person she shouldn't exist. That's something I don't agree with since he's writing the series. Index isn't perfect, but I really appreciate every character in it... I don't feel like they should change just to be less annoying... Also I pity kamachi in this case because she's the most popular character so it's pretty darn hard to do anything to her...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 14:50   Link #1947
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Yep, you're right, for some reason I don't understand I might have skipped that part. ~My bad, my bad~

PS : for the last time SNK's gore isn't highlighted everytime either, that was the point of my post. It's average.
Old 2014-01-01, 15:43   Link #1948
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Also I pity kamachi in this case because she's the most popular character so it's pretty darn hard to do anything to her...
That's seriously not the problem =_=

The problem is that I don't think Kamachi understands that the good points of both Index and Mikoto is NOT the violent gags. Everything I've seen from the Movie and the recent NT novels feels like the gags were all shoehorned in.

I wish there is a way to provide feedback like with Mamare.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 15:55   Link #1949
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Well, for starters, he doesn't understand what is moe (well most of us don't, me and you included, but his case is much more hardcore) so you know where he comes from.
Talking about predictions, he might also think body deformation and girls losing limbs is moe, hence why the great amount of grotesque recently. Future volumes might feature even more of it.
Old 2014-01-01, 16:12   Link #1950
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Sheesh it's just my bad memory...

You obviously know i read it don't be mean...
Sorry but I'm not talking about you. I bolded the part when desrtsku said the

Quote:
sorry again and again and again sorry guys but TSUNDEDER topic is a pretty heated debate for me.

I love tsudnere like Hinagiku from hayate but I hate vilolent tsundere like Aria.

Its just doesn't make sense to me why those violent tsundere are popular.

>_>

I'm also happy for Mikoto when she fought Brunhilde in vol 5? or is it 6? sorry guys. Memory problem because I haven't read it the books for a while.

The part where she said that she will stand and wait for Touma shows that she MATURES. And I LOVE THAT but.... look at now or the next volume.

Its like Kamachi throws away all character development for her.

Its just doesn't felt right and a bad writing for me.

Taiga didn't need 30+ volumes of novel to change from violent tsundere to a lovely wife of Yuuji (VIVA PSP GAME!!!)

Do you guys understand me? its frustrating that I like to pull my hair off my head..... grrrrr!!!!

and I like Mikoto when the story is just beginning. Look for my post on the earlier part of the novel thread and index s1 early episodes.... but ....ugh... the series just frustrates me.

sorry again guys.... sorry.

Old 2014-01-01, 22:08   Link #1951
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!

Tch, now I feel like apologizing for my own memory loss again. ~My bad, my bad~
Old 2014-01-03, 08:14   Link #1952
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Seesh all this whining about tsunderes... whatever

---

So guys I've developed a theory. As we all know this next volume will likely be a very important point for Touma, so I think it's here where he finally develops a new...
Spoiler for speculation on NT9:
Old 2014-01-09, 01:47   Link #1953
TrueSuffering

Dawn of the Final Day~

So, anyone hyped yet?
TrueSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 02:06   Link #1954
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSuffering View Post
Dawn of the Final Day~

So, anyone hyped yet?
Would be if I could read japanese...
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 02:07   Link #1955
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.

Location: In a place far, far away. Just joking, in my house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSuffering View Post
Dawn of the Final Day~

So, anyone hyped yet?
Hell yeah I am.

But after the release, we still have to wait for translations. Unless they go super hardcore-translating it and done it in a day. But they need breaks after all. I'm guessing probably a week to a month they are going to be done translating.
Traitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 02:09   Link #1956
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitless View Post
Hell yeah I am.

But after the release, we still have to wait for translations. Unless they go super hardcore-translating it and done it in a day. But they need breaks after all. I'm guessing probably a week to a month they are going to be done translating.
Hark, ye of little faith. Dost thou not believe in thy translation god, js06?
I give it 10 days. If not, definitely before the end of January. It all depends on when js06 gets the raws. (That is why NT8 took longer to translate than previous NT4-7) Once he does, he'll speed through it as per the usual.
Old 2014-01-09, 02:12   Link #1957
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

can we have at least some summaries, so that the spoiler issue will be finally resolved
Old 2014-01-09, 02:13   Link #1958
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
can we have at least some summaries, so that the spoiler issue will be finally resolved
Please bear in mind that it is still January 9th, 4 pm, in Japan. Wait for a few more hours.
Old 2014-01-09, 02:56   Link #1959
OH&S
Chief Safety Inspector

While everyone is waiting for NT9 spoilers, perhaps they could take the time to reread Volume 1 on Baka-Tsuki. Its been edited by me recently and I sure would love people giving me feedback on it on my BT talk page.

Toaru Series 10 Years: Light Novel Anniversary MAD* - Index:NT10 X asdfmovie
OH&S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 17:07   Link #1960
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

anybody notice how since New Testament started, none of Touma's final punches have been shown

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
novel predictions