AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-30, 19:58   Link #8081
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
We're not on the same page. If the Rams traded back with Cleveland, they would still be able to get Matthews. Cleveland wouldn't take him, and we wouldn't take him. Picking at 2 or 4 makes no difference for them, and it would be extremely attractive for Cleveland's second pick. And it wouldn't take the kind of deal the Redskins made, I'd be surprised if the Rams aren't happy to just take Cleveland's two first round picks, which would give them a top 5 pick, their own top 15 pick, and a top 25 pick from the Colts, and maybe some really late draft picks.

I don't see any point in trading back with the Raiders to fifth if the above happens...or even if it doesn't, because we could risk losing out on Clowney.

And the Browns just traded up to draft Trent Richardson two years ago. And yes, they're very bad.
Yeah, I am seeing what you mean. However, I think Cleveland's management would be a big fool if they traded two of their first round to move up two spots. Maybe their first and a day 2 pick, but not two first round.

Also, we may not need to draft a defensive end if we hunt a prominent defensive end in the off season. Maybe like a Michael Bennett.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-30 at 20:16.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 03:58   Link #8082
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Hell of a game against the Cardinals. Even though they lost, and they're not in the playoffs, they won 10 games and had a hell of a year. Definitely a team to look out for next season. Bruce Arians did a great job in his first year.

As for SF, we'll be heading to Green Bay. Sucks we couldn't win the division, but Seattle just had a better year. I don't like our chances to go all the way since I'm really weary about our offensive production. Especially on third and short yardage. We've been borderline terrible most of the season, which is sad with the kind of talent we have up front. It's just not working out. And our defensive front seven is also a concern as we head into the playoffs. For the second straight year it is looking like our guys are gassed and we just can't get pressure. Rodgers is going to have a field day if we can't get into his face. And even though Colin has has the edge the last two times, he's been up and down since the last meeting. I think our best bet is trying to utilize the run game. Hopefully Greg Roman doesn't have another hiccup with his playcalling.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 04:02   Link #8083
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Firing Rob Chudzinski was a horrible move. He's only had one year. He should at the very least have gotten two. 99% of the time you aren't turning around a franchise in the first season. Even if you don't see improvement down the stretch. You have to give the coaching staff time.

I like Bill O'Brien to the Texans. I think they need to focus on their offense more than anything else. He's a hot name that doesn't have any baggage. Plus the Texans have the first overall pick. It will be interesting to see how he builds his offensive philosophy down there, and how his relationship with Rick Smith will be.

Schwartz had to go. I actually like what he brought to the table as an NFL coach. He was great in Tennessee and seemed like the perfect fit for Detroit. But that team just didn't seem to have enough discipline all over. And this year they were in the drivers seat for the NFC North crown and decided to roll out the red carpet for Chicago and Green Bay instead.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 08:12   Link #8084
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Honestly, Dallas could have, should have, won that game. Those turnovers are what reallly cost Dallas its chance at the playoffs. Only one of those turnovers was somewhat on Kyle Orton. The first 2 were on the RB and the WR. The last on was partly Orton and partly the play calling (just my opinion).
Yeah, it just...ugh...another game we should have won, stupid losses come back to bite us at the end of the season again. But, to Orton's credit, he did pretty well considering it was the only game he played.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 13:13   Link #8085
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
It was a shame to not see Arizona make the playoffs. That team was really rejuvenated this year - Bruce Arians is one capable coach.

Chud getting fired in one year was weird. It's a rarity in any sport - it usually happens when there is no culture/significant change and/or the coach really ruffled the feathers of the board/GM/owner. So....anyone else thing something isn't being said openly? Because Cleveland, despite their record, looked competitive in the majority of games. Just feels like something happened behind the scenes that triggered such an early termination.

Schwartz had to go for the obvious reason - Detroit has a real culture issue and it's hurting them on the field. Penalties and general stupidity are costing them. Stafford is in danger of receding. That team needs a real shift in culture - and that isn't always easy to fix.

I think all parties, particularly Shanahan, wanted the debarcle in Washington to end. Good luck fixing that mess. The one upside is that their salary cap restriction penalties are now over. But the fact they've gifted St. Louis a #2 pick is hard to overlook. Defense will be the majority of their picks (rupturing 32 points a game - that's a tall order for any QB, let alone RG3, to overcome) and a decent right tackle would help big time.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 14:25   Link #8086
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
I don't think anyone established will want to go to Cleveland or Washington. Both places reek of ownership being incompetent and unable to stop themselves from interfering, as well as being horridly finicky.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 22:38   Link #8087
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Bill O'Brien, Texans reach agreement

O'Brien will be Houston's new head coach after two season at Penn State, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 23:55   Link #8088
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Bill O'Brien, Texans reach agreement

O'Brien will be Houston's new head coach after two season at Penn State, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports.
I hate sports.

Always thought the guy was a fake and was just here to get a check-box on his resume filled, so I expected this, but it still hurts.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 23:59   Link #8089
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Bill O'Brien, Texans reach agreement

O'Brien will be Houston's new head coach after two season at Penn State, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports.
I don't watch much college ball, so I don't know much about him. Care to inform?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 00:34   Link #8090
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I don't watch much college ball, so I don't know much about him. Care to inform?
As a Penn State fan, I am EXTREMELY unusual in that I never liked him at all. Always thought he was pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans, recruits, and players with talk of commitment, family, integrity, and rebuilding Penn State. I always thought we meant nothing to him and we were just the opportunity that presented ourselves to someone with ambition of being an NFL head coach as soon as possible.

Objectively, he did a phenomenal job in a terrible situation. He went 8-4 and 7-5 in two seasons where he had available WAY below the maximum amount of scholarship players and a cupboard that was already barren from poor recruiting leading up to his hire. He turned a former walk-on QB from a serviceable starter into someone who started 4 games for the Oakland Raiders this year as a QB. He went for it on 4th down a lot and really improved our offensive play calling. But he had a poor understanding of defense and made some bad decisions with his staff in that respect. He also seemed to still be too ingrained in the NFL way of thinking, as he seemed to not understand college rule differences at times (even though he was a long-time college coach before going to the NFL). He got people fired up and believing we could survive the scandal that has taken place at PSU. He might be a good coach, but he is also a Class A liar who hoodwinked a huge fan base that was desperate to believe in something, someone. Maybe that's the fault of the fan base more than it is him for making sound business decisions for himself and his family, but it will forever taint his legacy at PSU despite the good he's done.

Houston is getting a guy who is probably a good coach. That's the bottom line for Houston.

For Penn State, we're left in the lurch big time. This will easily set us back to a position worse than the one we were in in January 2012.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 01:20   Link #8091
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Open your present this new year Penn St., his name is Greg Schiano^^...

On a more somber note, I think the hiring of Bill O'Brien kills Johnny Manziel going to the Texans as he's one of those boring Bill Belichick discipline-first rod-a$$es, so I doubt seriously Mr. Football and his hang loose style will stay in state.

Just crossing every finger he doesn't land in Jax or Cleveland thus ending any excitement the world may have of his NFL debut...Sportscenter overgoosed the hell outta him after the heroics, but he's such an intriguing pro prospect, moreso than even Russ Wilson this time a couple years ago and it appears he throws an even more accurate ball than Seattle's signal caller...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2014-01-01 at 01:30.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 02:05   Link #8092
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Manziel is a fucking beast we have to get him. He perfectly matches our philosophy that Gus just repeated at the presser today; loves football, is self-motivated and full of passion. I have serious doubts about Clowney in both those areas. We're in perfect position to do it. I'll literally quit being a Jags fan if Caldwell doesn't draft him.

And what exactly is wrong with the Jags drafting him? We're not a dumpster fire like Cleveland and will have a beast O-Line next season (we actually have the LT that guarded Manziel his rookie season). I think the Jags is the perfect situation for him to come in to.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 05:17   Link #8093
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Man no disrespect I just want to see him on TV...Feels like the last time the Jags had a non-mandatory national televised game I had a Brunell jersey...

Same for Cleveland...If he goes to Texas or gawd forbid Tampa, or an east coast team like the Jets I can follow his progress via actual games (Not just clips and Redzone)...I personally think he'd work in St. Louis or in Arizona with that creative Bruce Arians better (And yes I'd like to see him vs. those tough NFC West D's)...

But I want what makes wingdarkness happy I guess^^...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 06:21   Link #8094
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Open your present this new year Penn St., his name is Greg Schiano^^...

On a more somber note, I think the hiring of Bill O'Brien kills Johnny Manziel going to the Texans as he's one of those boring Bill Belichick discipline-first rod-a$$es, so I doubt seriously Mr. Football and his hang loose style will stay in state.

Just crossing every finger he doesn't land in Jax or Cleveland thus ending any excitement the world may have of his NFL debut...Sportscenter overgoosed the hell outta him after the heroics, but he's such an intriguing pro prospect, moreso than even Russ Wilson this time a couple years ago and it appears he throws an even more accurate ball than Seattle's signal caller...
Why would the Texans get Manziel when they could have Bridgewater?
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 06:23   Link #8095
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
As a Penn State fan, I am EXTREMELY unusual in that I never liked him at all. Always thought he was pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans, recruits, and players with talk of commitment, family, integrity, and rebuilding Penn State. I always thought we meant nothing to him and we were just the opportunity that presented ourselves to someone with ambition of being an NFL head coach as soon as possible.

Objectively, he did a phenomenal job in a terrible situation. He went 8-4 and 7-5 in two seasons where he had available WAY below the maximum amount of scholarship players and a cupboard that was already barren from poor recruiting leading up to his hire. He turned a former walk-on QB from a serviceable starter into someone who started 4 games for the Oakland Raiders this year as a QB. He went for it on 4th down a lot and really improved our offensive play calling. But he had a poor understanding of defense and made some bad decisions with his staff in that respect. He also seemed to still be too ingrained in the NFL way of thinking, as he seemed to not understand college rule differences at times (even though he was a long-time college coach before going to the NFL). He got people fired up and believing we could survive the scandal that has taken place at PSU. He might be a good coach, but he is also a Class A liar who hoodwinked a huge fan base that was desperate to believe in something, someone. Maybe that's the fault of the fan base more than it is him for making sound business decisions for himself and his family, but it will forever taint his legacy at PSU despite the good he's done.

Houston is getting a guy who is probably a good coach. That's the bottom line for Houston.

For Penn State, we're left in the lurch big time. This will easily set us back to a position worse than the one we were in in January 2012.
The man is trying to advance his professional career by moving up the ranks. Can't really be too upset with the man. Did he promise he would stay at Penn State for 20 years or something?
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 11:33   Link #8096
VTHokiePride
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
As a Penn State fan, I am EXTREMELY unusual in that I never liked him at all. Always thought he was pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans, recruits, and players with talk of commitment, family, integrity, and rebuilding Penn State. I always thought we meant nothing to him and we were just the opportunity that presented ourselves to someone with ambition of being an NFL head coach as soon as possible.

Objectively, he did a phenomenal job in a terrible situation. He went 8-4 and 7-5 in two seasons where he had available WAY below the maximum amount of scholarship players and a cupboard that was already barren from poor recruiting leading up to his hire. He turned a former walk-on QB from a serviceable starter into someone who started 4 games for the Oakland Raiders this year as a QB. He went for it on 4th down a lot and really improved our offensive play calling. But he had a poor understanding of defense and made some bad decisions with his staff in that respect. He also seemed to still be too ingrained in the NFL way of thinking, as he seemed to not understand college rule differences at times (even though he was a long-time college coach before going to the NFL). He got people fired up and believing we could survive the scandal that has taken place at PSU. He might be a good coach, but he is also a Class A liar who hoodwinked a huge fan base that was desperate to believe in something, someone. Maybe that's the fault of the fan base more than it is him for making sound business decisions for himself and his family, but it will forever taint his legacy at PSU despite the good he's done.

Houston is getting a guy who is probably a good coach. That's the bottom line for Houston.

For Penn State, we're left in the lurch big time. This will easily set us back to a position worse than the one we were in in January 2012.
How will it set you guys back? O'Brien came in and made do with what he had gave you guys winning seasons. Hackenberg is a young QB that can keep Penn State going while he's there.
__________________
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 11:52   Link #8097
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Open your present this new year Penn St., his name is Greg Schiano^^...

On a more somber note, I think the hiring of Bill O'Brien kills Johnny Manziel going to the Texans as he's one of those boring Bill Belichick discipline-first rod-a$$es, so I doubt seriously Mr. Football and his hang loose style will stay in state.
You're kidding, right? Schiano would be a disastrous hire for Penn State. He burned so many bridges when he left Rutgers. He was never a good gameday coach, and his recruiting is in shambles because of his exit from Rutgers. His personnel relations problem in Tampa was also predictable from how he rubbed older players in college.

And O'Brien would do well to draft Blake Bortles and that would be a great choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Why would the Texans get Manziel when they could have Bridgewater?
Bortles is better pro prospect. Would not be surprised at all to see him go before Bridgewater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The man is trying to advance his professional career by moving up the ranks. Can't really be too upset with the man. Did he promise he would stay at Penn State for 20 years or something?
Oh, I am not blaming him at all. If anything, I respect him more now because at least he's doing what I always expected him to do.

He never promised he'd stay at PSU forever, but he also lied through his teeth to recruits and players. Shoveled a lot of stuff about family and integrity and commitment. I can't blame the man one bit for leaving, as I said several times above. He is doing what's best for him. He just portrayed himself as someone who wouldn't screw over the team when he did leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
How will it set you guys back? O'Brien came in and made do with what he had gave you guys winning seasons. Hackenberg is a young QB that can keep Penn State going while he's there.
You assume Hack will stay at Penn State. I don't think he will. We'll probably lose some key kids to transfer. And we'll definitely lose most of a VERY critical recruiting class. We've lost two recruiting classes in a row already due to the scandal and the NCAA sanctions, respectively. Having this turmoil will cause us to lose a third straight class. We're working with fewer scholarship players than a D-IAA school. Depth and talent have been seriously lacking on this team. If we lose a third straight class, we'll be in deep trouble. We need a coach who can come in right now and keep most of the best players in the class committed.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 12:12   Link #8098
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Manziel is a fucking beast we have to get him. He perfectly matches our philosophy that Gus just repeated at the presser today; loves football, is self-motivated and full of passion. I have serious doubts about Clowney in both those areas. We're in perfect position to do it. I'll literally quit being a Jags fan if Caldwell doesn't draft him.

And what exactly is wrong with the Jags drafting him? We're not a dumpster fire like Cleveland and will have a beast O-Line next season (we actually have the LT that guarded Manziel his rookie season). I think the Jags is the perfect situation for him to come in to.
I like him too, his draft stock increase significantly after the bowl game. Many list him in the top 10 right now. The only issue is getting him, recent reports has mentioned the possibility that the Browns will trade two of their first round with the Rams is high.

However, lets hold the phone where you said that you will stop being a Jaguars fan if we don't draft him. Don't take it too seriously. Caldwell knows what to look for, better than you and me, so if he decides not to draft Manziel, we cannot hate him for it.

Also, lets see how Blake Bortles produce in his bowl game then analyse him.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-01-01 at 12:26.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:04   Link #8099
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The only issue is getting him, recent reports has mentioned the possibility that the Browns will trade two of their first round with the Rams is high.
That's so ridiculously stupid. Oh wait, it's the Browns. Maybe that's why they fired Chud; he wasn't on board with such an asinine plan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:21   Link #8100
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I don't think Cleveland is a threat in terms of going up past Jacksonville in the draft order by trading up. I still attest the Rams will go for a QB. Bradford has shown promise every now and then, but in the long run, it's not been worth how high he was picked at.

The Rams are likely to not get a pick this high in quite some time. The debarcle in Washington has benefited them greatly. When you have Manziel, Bridgewater and Bortles to pick from, amongst others, I think the Rams would be crazy to go for a QB in 2014s draft pool. Zac Stacy is a very solid RB, Tavon Austin came through in the latter half of the season, Quick is also good. But those weapons are going to go to waste without a QB that can service them appropriately. I'd imagine they will go more defensive picks overall in the draft, but Washington lad St. Louis a golden egg. This would be a rare chance to get a QB with more upside than downside that high.

The team I honestly think will try to trade up is Minnesota. There's hardly a team more desperate for a good QB. They tried through all of 2012 to fix it and it sealed Frazier's demise. Ponder and Freeman are toast, Cassel is probably safe but more as a backup. With a new coach imminent, you'd think Minnesota would desperately want a QB their coach can shape to their gameplan from Day 1. Again, they will probably go defense with most of their picks, but after they had a load of picks last year and fixed some positions, they have to get a good QB asap. Zygi Wylf sounded like a guy who was willing to go to almost any length to get one. When you have Kalil to protect, Peterson to hand off to, then Jennings, Patterson and Rudolph to throw to - this seems like the year Minnesota MUST get one. You'd think they will do better this year and not get a chance at a high pick for a few years. Maybe they're willing to risk one of the likely trio to make it to them or take a punt on another, but I feel Minnesota is perhaps the most hungry organisation to fix the QB spot once and for all.

For the top 20 picks (since 21-32 are still in the air and those teams are very unlikely to go for one), my thoughts on whether they would get one or not are:

1. Houston - Yes
2. St. Louis - Yes
3. Jacksonville - Yes
4. Cleveland - Yes
5. Oakland - Yes
6. Atlanta - No
7. Tampa Bay - No
8. Minnesota - Yes
9. Buffalo - No
10. Detroit - No
11. Tennessee - Yes
12. New York Giants - No
13. St. Louis - Not at this pick if they keep #2, Yes if they trade #2
14. Chicago - No
15. Pittsburgh - No
16. Baltimore - No
17. Dallas - No
18. New York Jets - No
19. Miami Dolphins - No
20. Arizona - Yes


With 5 teams above Minnesota in that draft that are in need of a much better QB, I don't see Zygi Wlf taking that chance considering they had a real pick glut last year. I'd expect Minnesota to try and do a deal with St. Louis or Jacksonville. Call me delusional if you must, but for me, Minnesota are the team that would trade up to get someone out of Manziel, Bridgewater and Bortles.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.