AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-28, 15:20   Link #61
Yellow Flash
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Not explained, but still Kakashi should have gained it without killing his best friend.
So, Itachi's (or, we can say, Uchiha's) assumption there was corrected later on in the story.
This is not an assumption. What Itachi said is true.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 15:22   Link #62
Hunter Nin.
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
This is not an assumption. What Itachi said is true.
Okay but why type the following if you weren't implying that what Itachi told Sasuke was false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
This is just what Itachi told Sasuke.
I assume that what Itachi told Sasuke is also what is written on the scroll that Sasuke read. I suppose we don't know if the author of that scroll is misinformed or not and so it is possible that there could be another way to gain MS which the Uchiha clan were unaware of.
__________________
Hunter Nin.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 15:25   Link #63
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.
I assume that is also what is written on the scroll that Sasuke read. I suppose we don't know if the author of that scroll is misinformed or not.
No, thatís only the History and purpose of the Doujutsu (or Uchihas) there is no indication it has an "Instructions on how to gain the MS", I guess, looking trough the History he can deduct how to gain MS.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 15:30   Link #64
Yellow Flash
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.
Okay but why type the following if you weren't implying that what Itachi told Sasuke was false.
It's not false. But quite possibly this is not even the basic requirement.

Itachi merely told him what to do to gain MS.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 15:50   Link #65
Hunter Nin.
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Yes, I've never stated otherwise. So what is your argument?

Itachi gained MS.
Itachi told Sasuke that in order to gain MS he must kill his best friend.
Kakashi gained MS, he probably didn't kill his best friend to do so.
It's assumed that if you kill your best friend you will definitely gain MS (as this is what Itachi told Sasuke to do).
It's possible that if you don't kill your best friend you can still gain MS (as it is unlikely that Kakashi would kill his best friend).
So it's possible that when someone kills their best friend they do something that could trigger the development of MS.
So in order to gain MS it might be something as simple as "making a really hard decision." Which is what I meant by loophole but that probably wasn't the correct wording.

But anyway, we don't know.
__________________
Hunter Nin.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 12:45   Link #66
malvado
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
what has MS got to do with the strongest Hokage?
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 19:40   Link #67
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
If this manga was darker, the death triggering Kakashi's ability to develop the MS could be his father's by either a murder due to Kakashi's disgust (if Naruto was a lot darker ^^) or Kakashi being his assistant during the suicide.

Too bad Naruto's a nice little shounen.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 19:45   Link #68
Yellow Flash
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Kakashi wasn't strong enough to kill Sakumo.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 19:46   Link #69
Illuyankas
I need another drink.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Beer. Boobs. Wait... boobs again.
Doesn't rule out assisted suicide.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 20:26   Link #70
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a jar
Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
3rd is the strongest hokage up todate, PERIOD. How i know? I ask Kishi over the phone. He also told me that 4th was not real, he is just some fanboy's imagination bout some crap...

face it.. threads created by YF only leads to his fanboy fantasy bout 4th hokage. You can't convince fanboys because if you ever do, the universe will combust into a blackhole ending all things.
__________________
+ + = KATON "パンダ火の玉"
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 05:35   Link #71
brad_le
Sleeper RX-7
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Shodai is the strongest beacause if it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be a sandaime or a yondaime.
If he didn't create Konoha, he wouldn't be able to train Sarutobi, who wouldn't be able
to train Oro, Tsunade, or Jiraya, who wouldn't be able to train Yondaime. If it weren't for him there
wouldn't be any fanboy topics on who's stronger between Oro and Yondaime.
Damn Shodaime the creator of fanboys!!!
brad_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 15:51   Link #72
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
Kakashi wasn't strong enough to kill Sakumo.
I wasn't talking about battle.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 19:47   Link #73
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
The more we know about the 1st the more stronger he seems:
1, only one able to grow entire forests and do any wood jutsu
2, has done the that total darkness genjutsu and was able to catch in it hokage level person
3, He had unbeliveable physical strength
and in the recent chapter:
4, was able to control youma
So he is a strong contender for the strongest. Also the 3rd and 4th.
But the 2nd hokage seems to be a weaker guy, he should be about Kisame's level based on what he has shown when summoned.
My tip is that after the 1st somehow died at young age the 3rd was a child and the 2nd took the title only for a short period to allow the 3rd to grow stronger, but I think he was chosen to be the successor of the 1st from the beginning.
The death of the 1st might have something to do with the MS, maybe somebody like Itachi killed him, maybe the unknown 3rd MS user. And the battle may have been that Kakashi mentioned in the Valley of the end. At least that would connect two story lines
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 23:45   Link #74
EEZP
Shonen Fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamilton, New Jersey
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to EEZP Send a message via MSN to EEZP Send a message via Yahoo to EEZP
I think the 4th was because he was the one who stopped Kyubbi.
EEZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 01:28   Link #75
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Yes from all indications it seems that Shodai was stronger than Nidaime (considering they were brothers too). However, Nidaime became Hokage while Shodai was alive (they both trained saru) and presuming they are similar in age since they are brothers it would hint that Shodai did eclipse his brother... not conclusive but really confusing.

1) Should we accept the fact that Shodai > Nidaime based on lore and inferences (this is even more based on lore than yondaime!).

2) Shodai was special w/ mokuton and jinchuuriki controling capabilities - Nidaime had no distinguishing features as such (mentioned)

or

3) Should we accept that since yes Nidaime did eclipse his brother and rightfully became Hokage b/c he was the #1 ninja of the village? (but this could be bc Shodai was injured...)

Hard to say, but the lore around Shodai seems sufficient enough for me to think he was stronger and just acquiesced the role to Nidaime to perhaps train Sarutobi more extensively.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 06:17   Link #76
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
No, Nidaime became Hokage when the Shodai died.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
3, He had unbeliveable physical strength
Anime filler.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 11:18   Link #77
malvado
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
The more we know about the 1st the more stronger he seems:
1, only one able to grow entire forests and do any wood jutsu
2, has done the that total darkness genjutsu and was able to catch in it hokage level person
3, He had unbeliveable physical strength
and in the recent chapter:
4, was able to control youma
So he is a strong contender for the strongest. Also the 3rd and 4th.
But the 2nd hokage seems to be a weaker guy, he should be about Kisame's level based on what he has shown when summoned.
My tip is that after the 1st somehow died at young age the 3rd was a child and the 2nd took the title only for a short period to allow the 3rd to grow stronger, but I think he was chosen to be the successor of the 1st from the beginning.
The death of the 1st might have something to do with the MS, maybe somebody like Itachi killed him, maybe the unknown 3rd MS user. And the battle may have been that Kakashi mentioned in the Valley of the end. At least that would connect two story lines
well mr the 2nd was able to create half a river hen he fought against his brother and could control water at his will. the suiton suiryudan didnt come out of his mouth. And when he made sarus katon seem like shit Oro clearly said it was to be expected from a hokage. Plus not to mention he was also praised as one of the greatest ninjas ever. Not just cuz he took the title I think. Otherwise Saru wouldnt be so afraid.
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 14:38   Link #78
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
The 2nd statue at the valley of the end doesn't look like Nidaime at all.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 14:45   Link #79
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No, Nidaime became Hokage when the Shodai died.
I remember Sandaime being considered (or told to become) as Hokage when the two were alive. Unfortunately I don't remember where it was (chapter/episode). Maybe I remember it incorrectly, or maybe it was an anime filler.

Also, is there an information on when they died? I always considered them dying around the same time.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 15:52   Link #80
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
You remember correctly and it's partially an anime filler/mistake.
In the manga the Shodai and Nidaime aren't together when they talk to Sarutobi, a first panel shows Shodai talking about the way he sees Konoha's people and then a 2nd panel bellow shows Nidaime saying to Sarutobi that he was going to be the next Hokage.
The anime team showed both the Hokage together talking to Sarutobi, that's the difference.

There is no real information about when or how they died. The 1st Data Book states that Shodai died shortly after the creation of the village and Nidaime inherited then the title. He created the ninja academy and others organizations within the village but died after the Great Ninja War broke out.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.