AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-05, 20:25   Link #1441
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
My friend couldn't find a PS4 after a Europe trip (France, Italy, Germany), and they said even with the pre-order now, he couldn't have the PS4 before April. Good gosh. If only the Asia's price isn't so gouging...
Old 2014-01-05, 20:25   Link #1442
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I managed to safely transport my PS4 back to Manchester from London... Don't laugh, people have been tortured and killed over this machine already
Please don't remind me of the idiocy. I had to even double check it when I heard it on the news outlet.
Old 2014-01-06, 00:29   Link #1443
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Please don't remind me of the idiocy. I had to even double check it when I heard it on the news outlet.
Especially since we know there aren't even any blockbuster games. All they had to do was to wait 6 months and it would become easy to purchase... It s insane to kill for something that would become less scarce over time.
Old 2014-01-07, 06:59   Link #1444
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Yes, someone else here is playing Pinball Arcade.

BTW, is this your first time playing Pinball Arcade, or have you played it on the PS3/Vita/Steam as well?
Nope, was never into playing Pinball games before.

Before: Eh, why would I play Pinball games? I never liked them on Windows 95, and those tables, so expensive. :/

During : Hmm, PS4 at launch has few games, might as well try all of the available demos + free games. Oh, there's a free table.

After: Holy Shit I'm the Slayer of Genies and Saviour of Princesses. This is fun.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 12:46   Link #1445
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

PS4 sold 4.2 million so far !

Gaikai system officially named "Playstation Now", can be accessed with tablet and smartphone.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 14:36   Link #1446
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

PS1, PS2 and PS3 streaming to many devices like PS3, PlayStation Vita, televisions, tablets, and smartphones!

Quote:
In addition to PlayStation platforms, most 2014 US models of Sony’s BRAVIA TV lineup will support PS Now. Eventually the service will expand beyond PlayStation platforms and Sony devices, allowing you to stream PlayStation games across a broad range of Internet-connected devices.

PlayStation Now will allow you to:

Play video games instantly across multiple devices, similar to the way you might stream TV, movies, and music.
Stream full games to all of your compatible PlayStation devices including PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita as well as non-PlayStation devices, beginning with 2014 BRAVIA TV models and expanding to numerous other Internet-connected devices.
Always play the most updated version of your game. With games hosted in the cloud, you can take your game with you – just log in with your Sony Entertainment Network account on a compatible device and your games and saved progress will be easily available.

We want to offer you choice when it comes to how you want to access content on PS Now, so you will be able to rent by title for specific games you are interested in. We’ll also offer a subscription that will enable you to explore a range of titles.
http://www.destructoid.com/playstati...--268582.phtml

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/528...n-now-hands-on

Full rollout in Summer 2014.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 14:41   Link #1447
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
PS4 sold 4.2 million so far !
Ridiculous number. And they have yet to fulfill all the pre orders.

Also lol at Sony's 5 million by the end of FY13 target. They will smash that mid January. Lowballed like crazy.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 03:49   Link #1448
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Not to mention they haven't even launched at their home base, Japan
Old 2014-01-09, 07:26   Link #1449
Lexxus
No you don't

To be honest, I don't think PS4 is going to sell quite well there. Japan is a handheld nation now unless there's really something on PS4 that will really change the Japanese market.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:36   Link #1450
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If PS4 flops in Japan, so does every other console there as well.

With that being said, I'd say that PS4 can achieve 5mil at least.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 10:24   Link #1451
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Japan is a given stronghold for Sony, the only issues there is the actual number of unit it will actually sell in comparison to PS3 as people have stated that it's been shifting toward a mobile market. Even handhelds are no longer as popular as it was. Sony will probably have to roll out major japanese centric titles soon to get people interested in the system as the current crop of launch titles are more geared towards a western market.

Eventhough 4.2m sales is a great boost for marketing the new console to the mass market, it still to be seen how long both console can maintain their sales momentum. Granted China recently lifted the ban of consoles so Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft should still see an major uptick in console demands.
Old 2014-01-09, 10:51   Link #1452
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

In other news, GameStop shares plummet after Sony announces PlayStation Now lol
Old 2014-01-10, 04:43   Link #1453
majestix1988

if you think generally America mostly good when comes to multiplatform games for their consoles but on Japan is exclusives than multiplatform this is why Xbox 360 failed its expectation due "Halo" can not changed its paced on japanese market(thats why never underestimate a exclusive game for one console) the only way for Xbox One is create a Japanese Studio for exclusive Japanese Game that will change japanese market(but still MS...focused on US/EU) even they put a dead rising exclusivity(for x1)/Monster Hunter Frontier...nothing changed on 360
Old 2014-01-10, 05:18   Link #1454
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
So that's why a lot of JRPG did so well on the 360?

The demographic is just different. US can't appreciate Japan oriented games, and vice versa. They mostly hate anything that look cute, and look down on anything that has loli/moe. MS had a good run in Japan for a little while, and then they just gave up.

Also, Monster Hunter Frontier is terrible.
Old 2014-01-10, 07:55   Link #1455
majestix1988

yup,thats why MS never noticed on first place.....instead they focused on gears of wars/forza/halo....that hit on US but on worldwide sales it never changed + due Xbox Live Compabilities on other countries(such as southeast asian countries or countries have poor connection on internet sometimes an Xbox Live can be good but sometimes its not.....

on jrpgs on 360 the sales that could not make the qouta(due to that Publisher created good version on PS3) then Cows from system wars (thanks the lemming for beta testings) only last remnant did not make it on Ps3

+ dont forget its cultural difference to each other that changed the market + social gaming

due demographic issues.......japan countered it via releasing Demon's Souls/Dark's Souls that good rpg concept than US rpg even that vanquish.....meanwhile on US O_o still the same

due many failures of ps3 on the past (Sony changed it ways via giving customers more games for them with exclusive even on the verge of bankruptcy but still sony support even they gave games have good offline campaign than focusing a online multiplayer)
Old 2014-01-10, 16:06   Link #1456
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Sony to Bring the Big Guns at Taipei Game Show with PS4, Vita and PS3; Microsoft and Nintendo Won’t Participate

Quote:
This year’s Taipei Game Show will be held between January 23rd and January 27th at the World Trade Center in Taipei, and Sony is set to rule the exhibition at least for what the console market is concerned, since both Microsoft and Nintendo aren’t going to be part of the celebrations.

In order to make the best impact Sony will bring the big guns, with 23 PS4 Games between first and third party, 20 PS Vita Games (of which two demonstrated on PS Vita TV), and 14 PS3 titles.

The company will also host a series of stage events with prominent developers in attendance, like Street Fighter Producer Yoshinori Ono, Soul Sacrifice Director Keiji Inafune, Gran Turismo Director Kazunori Yamauchi, Yakuza Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi, inFamous Producer Greg Phillips and quite a few more.
List of games: http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=1680
Old 2014-01-10, 16:11   Link #1457
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Interesting, DriveClub will make an appearance.

Also, I am wondering. Why isn't Final Fantasy X and X-2 bundled together? The Jak and Dexter Trilogy was able to do that on the Vita. It would give it a lot of value to the players and increase sales more than selling them separate.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 16:28   Link #1458
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Personally I'm looking forward to the Vita games than PS4's.

...Which for some reason, are all hunting games Oh, and Akiba'Strip

(God Eater 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars...)
Old 2014-01-10, 16:30   Link #1459
Xefi
fortified brief
*Graphic Designer

@ReaperxKingx: yeah, that would have been ideal if they done that on the vita version. i dont like having to
deal with downloading extra gigs into my memory card. oh well, i'm sticking to the ps3 version.

other than that, hopefully, they will announce more JRPG for the ps4 during the show. a new
fighting game would also be nice too. i still havent had a reason to bother buying
a ps4 yet since i'm not interested in any of its current games. also looking forward to
what interesting games the vita going to pop up with...

and lol....no nintendo. :P
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 16:36   Link #1460
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post

other than that, hopefully, they will announce more JRPG for the ps4 during the show. a new
fighting game would also be nice too. i still havent had a reason to bother buying
a ps4 yet since i'm not interested in any of its current games.
Yeah you probably should, the reason why I got my early was... Hmmm, funny story...