AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 16 34.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-03, 12:18   Link #101
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
How exactly does this world make sense? Ok they created it through their sheer will, I can buy that. But what about the occupants? They have other students, terrorists, parents, hospitals and etc. How did all of this people get there?
They are basically NPCs so to speak. Kyousuke most likely created them based on his and all the bus crash victims memories of the real world. For things like the terrorists, you simply just have to create random people. No, the VN doesn't say this. It's just what makes sense. How else would the same exact events be able repeat them selves during the loops?

Quote:
If they were just part of imagination then it makes half of those arcs useless. Especially Haruka's whose arc was actually the best one with Kurugaya's second best. Every other was pretty meh. And now you are telling me that it barely played any role?
No. The reason the Dream World was able to created is because the female Little Busters all had regrets. There routes are basically manifestations of those regrets that they want to overcome. So when Riki helps them, they are able to overcome them and they do the same in the real world (Just look at Mio).

As for Miyuki, I'd like to mention, it is not outright stated in the VN she died. It just happens to be more heavily implied. In Komari's route (The VN), while Riki is at her brother's grave, he notices Kengo in the graveyard too, but he disappears before Riki got a good look and Riki just justified it as him seeing things. Anyway, that's the big implication that Miyuki had already died. I just replayed the VN a week ago, so I am sure my mmory is good on this one. The anime actually shows an umbrella in the background, but you can't tell its Kengo whatsoever, so I have no idea why JC Staff did that.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-01-03 at 12:36. Reason: spoilers are not tolerated
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 12:33   Link #102
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Note: please remember that not everyone has watched every anime series based on Key VN. As such, please be -very- mindful when you want to make comparison or mention.
In general, we would like you to not even do so, but if you really have to, use appropriate spoiler tags.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 12:39   Link #103
Magicflier

^ Sorry, I'll remember that. Tagged the spoiler!
Magicflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 13:00   Link #104
Akka

I'm in agreement with many here, and think that this happy ending is quite a bit "too happy" and didn't fit very well.

I'm okay with happy ending in general, but it cheapened quite a bit a lot of the drama, emotions and entire point/lessons of the serie. That Riki found the determination to help as many people as he wanted was good, and the narcolepsy bit was quite nice too, but to then manage the contrived coincidence that everyone else was both stunned and alive was really breaking the suspension of disbelief.
(and on this point, yeah it also bugged me that they weren't shown or at least mentionned calling emergency services, especially as it would not have required more than 2 seconds, like Riki going toward the bus and shouting "wait here Rin and call the police" instead of simply "wait here Rin")

At the very least, I think that Kyousuke should have died (and be dead before Riki and Rin awake). It would have been both more logical (his "magical powers" being explainable as he's the one already dead and so in some mystical part of the world or whatever) and more fitting (he's the one most invested and most determined to see it through).
It would at least have given some weight and meaning to the farewell tearfeasts from the previous episodes.

Having read how the VN turned out, still I think JC Staff did pull this one quite well, though. It's more Key which is to blame here for the original material.
Though I have to say, the entire serie up to the Rin route was sadly pretty boring, and though the Key's material is certainly not exempt of faults (Kud's route was pretty ridiculously unbelievable, Haruka's one too if less so), I'm not sure the lack of general emotional involvement up to the moment things start to go south wasn't due to J.C. Staff being less able in making us feel it than KyoAni was.

As for other endings that were discussed in the thread :
Spoiler for Clannad & Kanon endings:
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 20:42   Link #105
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Why? How would that have been better than a truly happy ending with nicely non-conflicted feelings for viewers like me?

Also, who would you have killed?

I think if you're going for a happy ending, then make it a happy ending. Don't dilute it with needless casualties. So I disagree with you on this.

There's nothing more overdone today than the bittersweet ending. I find it very refreshing to see an ending that's willing to be totally happy.
I meant some of the other students. Not any of the main cast. Not saying I wanted them to die, just would be a good addition. But I don't mind the ending at all. Except poor Miyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
I'm in agreement with many here, and think that this happy ending is quite a bit "too happy" and didn't fit very well.

I'm okay with happy ending in general, but it cheapened quite a bit a lot of the drama, emotions and entire point/lessons of the serie. That Riki found the determination to help as many people as he wanted was good, and the narcolepsy bit was quite nice too, but to then manage the contrived coincidence that everyone else was both stunned and alive was really breaking the suspension of disbelief.
(and on this point, yeah it also bugged me that they weren't shown or at least mentionned calling emergency services, especially as it would not have required more than 2 seconds, like Riki going toward the bus and shouting "wait here Rin and call the police" instead of simply "wait here Rin")

At the very least, I think that Kyousuke should have died (and be dead before Riki and Rin awake). It would have been both more logical (his "magical powers" being explainable as he's the one already dead and so in some mystical part of the world or whatever) and more fitting (he's the one most invested and most determined to see it through).
It would at least have given some weight and meaning to the farewell tearfeasts from the previous episodes.

Having read how the VN turned out, still I think JC Staff did pull this one quite well, though. It's more Key which is to blame here for the original material.
Though I have to say, the entire serie up to the Rin route was sadly pretty boring, and though the Key's material is certainly not exempt of faults (Kud's route was pretty ridiculously unbelievable, Haruka's one too if less so), I'm not sure the lack of general emotional involvement up to the moment things start to go south wasn't due to J.C. Staff being less able in making us feel it than KyoAni was.

As for other endings that were discussed in the thread :
Spoiler for Clannad & Kanon endings:
Just a reply of what really happens. I think you missed some major points.

Spoiler for Kanon spoiler:
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 04:42   Link #106
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Hey, Archon I'm waiting to hear your opinion of the last episode
Well if you insist...

Episode 13
And here we are at the end. God damn, Jun Maeda's gonna flail around trying to write another ending that makes absolutely no sense, touch me again and I'll hurt you!

And all the luck we really needed, but all and all, it was sort of what I expected from Key, and while some people may have wanted a bleak ending, I assure you Key's bleak endings are also kinda shitty too, and I like these characters so, fuck it. The amount of foreshadowing also helped the story end consistently on its own mechanics so it's not like most of it came out of nowhere even if it's a bit silly. But hey, they were going for a cozy story about friendship that was supposed to warm the heart, and Maeda is definitely no Urobuchi.

Yes, this is nacroplesy. But this IS SPARTA! Wake the fuck up, you scrub and claim your rightful place to be main character. Fortunately, Riki decides to pull up some backstory that was conveniently pulled out this episode and finally ascertains his place as The One and manages to defeat Agent Smith and star in 2 additional sequels that fuck everything up. But it's okay, Key will fuck it up if you won't by giving us an 18+ version. Yuck.

And thus Rin and Riki met up in the Key mists, a land of powerful magic and plot devices that unifies all of Key.

Dude, when did the cast get so big? This is very tiring. We should have left these nameless people to explode.
What about Salami?
Especially Salami

Fuck you Riki. I was gonna make my badass heroic sacrifice moment and you ruined it all with your pansy happy ending bullshit. And worst yet, this explosion is so small and lame; we couldn't afford Robert Rodriguez?
Wanna go back in?
NO! I'm still gonna win the popularity poll!

And of course Brosuke survives an explosion because if he can maintain a world on his own and hold back leaking gas, what's a few explosions gonna do? I'd be surprised he went lower than 25% health if he had the regen buff.

And that is how Little Busters ended. With nobody kissing. That was very disappointing, as you know Riki and Kyousuke are really close together after all

Poor Kengo. Everyone should have suffered massive injuries yet everyone is unscathed. Yea I know it's been 3 months, making it less bad than Kanon, but still.

You sure you won't do anything funny with this picture?

Well, boy, I think a few of you need to relax with me in private

And the girls are taking bets on when Kyousuke will return. Would be fortunate to bet around soon, as the episode heads towards a close.

And Kyosuke returns after his coma and as with all anime looks perfectly fine despite having no movement and would have atrophied. Nope, super shiny bishie goodness.

I hope you've learned the moral of the story. 1.) I am the best. 2.) Nobody in the Keyverse can drive for shit. So this time, I'm driving

"And Kyosuke spoke, and all rejoiced; they all followed him into the light." -Natsume 3:16

Dude JC Staff, we have 2 minutes left, make me look cool!
Alright, Alright!

Contrary to what Haruka and others believe, Kud is not a Koopa shell.

Until next time! So long Key and JC Staff, and thanks for the fish!
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2014-01-04 at 05:10.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 05:15   Link #107
Dr. Casey

It's hard to choose a favorite part, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

I hope you've learned the moral of the story. 1.) I am the best. 2.) Nobody in the Keyverse can drive for shit. So this time, I'm driving
this might be it. You are a great man, Archon. You should do this for more shows.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 05:57   Link #108
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Just a reply of what really happens. I think you missed some major points.

Spoiler for Kanon spoiler:
Err...
Spoiler for Kanon ending:

---

@Archon : okay, that episode summary had me in stitches

(and yeah, what's up with all these accidents in VN and anime ? You would think that japanese roads are the most dangerous in the world...)
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 16:55   Link #109
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Well if you insist...
LOL thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Err...
Spoiler for Kanon ending:
No actually...
Spoiler for reply:

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2014-01-04 at 17:10.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 20:59   Link #110
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Meh, too many cuts.. They really screwed up the ending. They should have left out the beach stuff and instead added the proper Riki x Rin hospital scene.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 01:45   Link #111
Xefi
Asterism Starlight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Dude, when did the cast get so big? This is very tiring. We should have left these nameless people to explode.
What about Salami?
Especially Salami
I thought there were less people in that bus...guess I was wrong. gotta SAVE them ALL!

I just finish watching this show today. and thank you that no one dies in the last chapter.
I thought it was going to end up a tragedy and that only Riki and Rin survive...like what
Bro-su-ke says, but then Riki and Rin somehow save them all while dragging all of
the bodies out and up the hill; that was just magical.

was a great watch, but they can at least show what happen when the bus exploded...it
just went "BOOM!" and then that was it. ><

9/10 pts for happy ending!
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 04:47   Link #112
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Unless everyone is dead, no one is dead.

Riki decides to act against Kyousuke's words for the first time and rescues everyone with the help of Rin. Their act of heroism worked fruitfully, with everyone in the bus managing to survive. And as a reunion, Kyousuke, who just got out of the hospital from several weeks in coma decides to drive for their next fieldtrip! (Honestly, I was worried about the Little Busters when Kyousuke took the steering wheel.)

Anyway, that episode manages to regain the momentum of emotion that was lost during Episode 12 (phew!) and wraps everything up with a cheerful and optimistic ending!

MAL Entry #190 GET!

Now, for Little Busters! EX~

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 04:59   Link #113
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
-snip-
Good thing I decided to check out this thread again. This post is killing me Great job there.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:39   Link #114
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Archon Wing... this is the most genius review you ever made

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:44   Link #115
Jimmy C

To me, the only problem was everyone's injuries were so unserious and noncritical. If that were the case, they should have just gotten up and got off the bus themselves! Not spend time making a dream world.
You want to make a dream world? Tell Riki and Rin to wake up and save you now!
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 12:12   Link #116
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
To me, the only problem was everyone's injuries were so unserious and noncritical. If that were the case, they should have just gotten up and got off the bus themselves! Not spend time making a dream world.
Problem was that Riki&Rin were such pussies (or weak, if we want to be politically correct) that they'd wake up and...

"Oh my god!"
"Oh my god!"
"Blood!"
(Riki has a "narcolepsy" attack)
"Kyosuke!"
"Oh my god!"
"What can I d-"

*BOOM*

The end.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 14:50   Link #117
Magicflier

Quote:
Riki's narcolepsy attacks from seeing a crappy reality!
Rin's dependence and unable to do anything by herself when a problem comes up!
Bus gas leaking, and since Kyousuke was the only one conscious at that moment (other than Rin and Riki); he bought some time for Riki and Rin by plugging it! (Admire him. Respect him. Bow down to him.)
The rest of the class were all unconscious and in a near-death state!

Since they thought that there was no hope for them, they created the world for Rin and Riki to grow strong enough to be able to handle the trauma and run away from the site. We and they don't want Riki to have another narcoleptic attack just by witnessing the scene from afar. Rin will probably panic as Riki gets an attack afterwards.

This post made me laugh a lot more than it should have... Thank you.
Magicflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:46   Link #118
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Problem was that Riki&Rin were such pussies (or weak, if we want to be politically correct) that they'd wake up and...

"Oh my god!"
"Oh my god!"
"Blood!"
(Riki has a "narcolepsy" attack)
"Kyosuke!"
"Oh my god!"
"What can I d-"

*BOOM*

The end.
Yep. And sadly, it's been proven time and again that a lot of people cannot act calm in an emergency and will just end up gg'd. It sounds easy to do something, but actually doing it can be a problem.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:22   Link #119
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

I'm so happy all these motherfuckers survived. The Little Busters lives on forever and ever.
Old 2014-01-10, 13:34   Link #120
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
You make a good point here. I think I would have shown characters a bit more bloodied up. Maybe have someone end up with an arm-cast, have someone else start a wearing an eye-patch (implying a serious eye injury).