AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 23.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-06, 16:05   Link #41
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Sei is a busy fellow. Now he has to replace both arms and looks like never episode it take some battle damage too...

And Sei's dad should be watching this somewhere.........but he doesn't write, he doesn't call....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 19:41   Link #42
quagmire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
^I also noticed that, honestly, I noticed it since their first encounter. But this episode confirmed it. When she stood outside the bus & sighed before entering, showed that its just an act.

From what I gathered, the RG system focuses all the energy of the gunpla into a specific part of the mech. In this episode, the system was used to focus the energy into the right arm & we all saw the difference between that pitch & the other two. This is just the short summary, I'll leave the more detailed explanation to someone else.
I wouldn't say it focuses the energy on a single part of the Gunpla.The system was only at 30% so he focused it all on the arm for maximum effectiveness.

Basically I think the writers just teased the RG system further probably won't be seen again until a fight against either Mao, Yuuki, or Aila.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 20:15   Link #43
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Hm, not as fun as the last two episodes. But still not all that bad. Baseball stuff was pretty humorous to me. My dad would have gotta kick out of that.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 21:05   Link #44
jpwong
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Sei is a busy fellow. Now he has to replace both arms and looks like never episode it take some battle damage too...

And Sei's dad should be watching this somewhere.........but he doesn't write, he doesn't call....
You mean he's alive? And here I've just been assuming he died unexpectedly or something before the series started
__________________
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 21:20   Link #45
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Nope

We have discussed this in Thai anime board too.
And no one know how to call his name in thai...

"Luang" mean great or grand but it hadn't much use in everyday life.
Normally use for royalty related or ancient government officer,
At present time it mostly use with region related like monks and priests.
But as title not a name at-lest not a normal people name.

I must accept that us feel weird when Sunrise use "Luang" as people name.

And "Dallara" thing...
Honestly even until now no one sure what this "Dallara" is.
As heard character in anime say his name we assume that his name spell like dara but it still not right.
Since no one sure what his name really is.
We just call him "Luang"

Spoiler for And here something I got from other board that describe my feeling right now:
Oh cool I learned something new, thanks!

And as for the image: Dont count out a rematch yet, they may have a proper fight if they both get to the top 16 and are paired off


Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Oh wow I have never heard of that mobile suit.Thank you LG.
Lots of MSVs out there, I suggest you go look them up


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well not a great episode. Honestly would have preferred a legitimate rematch against Luang. Seems like a waste for him to go out through this goofy baseball game. Certainly worth some chuckles with the final pitch, but yeah would have liked an actual fight. Maybe a way to bypass actually figuring out how they'd get Sei and Reiji to beat him after he handled the Star Build Strike pretty easily in the first fight.
Mr. Dallara is not out yet, if he has enough points by the end of all the events then he can qualify for the top 16, and perhaps a rematch


Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
You mean he's alive? And here I've just been assuming he died unexpectedly or something before the series started
Its been discussed many times, but he's alive and abroad
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 21:22   Link #46
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
I'm just waiting the moment ReijiSei actually lose legitimately

The victories so far haven't been boring, but even then my suspension of disbelief is straining.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 21:28   Link #47
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm just waiting the moment ReijiSei actually lose legitimately

The victories so far haven't been boring, but even then my suspension of disbelief is straining.
I think they may/can fall a little behind next episode

jumping to speculation, it seems next is a free for all race, and Im gonna jump to a prediction that the number of points they win will be determined by their placing in the race e.g.:

1st: X points
2nd: X-1
3rd: X-2

and so on, or another point method (such as full points for placing in the top X finishers)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:32   Link #48
Esclair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm just waiting the moment ReijiSei actually lose legitimately

The victories so far haven't been boring, but even then my suspension of disbelief is straining.
For the top 32, Sei and Reiji are probably gonna lose to whoever the last boss is going to be and get sent to the loser's bracket, and they'll climb their way back up and face him again in the finals.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:43   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm just waiting the moment ReijiSei actually lose legitimately

The victories so far haven't been boring, but even then my suspension of disbelief is straining.
The problem is setting up a legitimate competition where that's safe to do. Since losing generally would mean their gunpla getting destroyed. In a competition that's pretty much daily that leaves barely enough time for minor repairs much less full blown rebuilds. Sei might have had time to make a backup shield, but unlikely he had the time to build an entire backup Star Build Strike.

In a tournament like this it's not impossible for the winner to have just never lost in any of the matches. Either that or just having the resources to have several world class gunpla prepared in case the worst should happen.

If there is a tournament competition that doesn't do any real damage when you lose then they can probably lose there. Otherwise who knows.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:43   Link #50
quagmire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
For the top 32, Sei and Reiji are probably gonna lose to whoever the last boss is going to be and get sent to the loser's bracket, and they'll climb their way back up and face him again in the finals.
What I am wondering is will they face Yuuki again or will the writers have Yuuki lose to Aila to build up the suspense of Reji vs Aila. Going with the whole Reji couldn't beat Yuuki, so how could he beat Aila if she easily defeats Yuuki?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:48   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Player skill rock-paper-scissors, I imagine.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:49   Link #52
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The problem is setting up a legitimate competition where that's safe to do. Since losing generally would mean their gunpla getting destroyed. In a competition that's pretty much daily that leaves barely enough time for minor repairs much less full blown rebuilds. Sei might have had time to make a backup shield, but unlikely he had the time to build an entire backup Star Build Strike.

In a tournament like this it's not impossible for the winner to have just never lost in any of the matches. Either that or just having the resources to have several world class gunpla prepared in case the worst should happen.

If there is a tournament competition that doesn't do any real damage when you lose then they can probably lose there. Otherwise who knows.
Mk.II is there for one and only reason

I just provide a good reason for it to show up again

And I was talking about repeating what happened in Episode 2, someone defeat them, allowing them to back up and increase the game.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 00:19   Link #53
Esclair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The problem is setting up a legitimate competition where that's safe to do. Since losing generally would mean their gunpla getting destroyed. In a competition that's pretty much daily that leaves barely enough time for minor repairs much less full blown rebuilds. Sei might have had time to make a backup shield, but unlikely he had the time to build an entire backup Star Build Strike.

In a tournament like this it's not impossible for the winner to have just never lost in any of the matches. Either that or just having the resources to have several world class gunpla prepared in case the worst should happen.

If there is a tournament competition that doesn't do any real damage when you lose then they can probably lose there. Otherwise who knows.
It seems like Star Build Strike's armor is pretty badly damaged, this could be the thing that pushes Sei to make something even better because he realizes that to have a chance at being #1 he'd need to have some kind of a backup. He'd have to give up watching all the other matches live though.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 00:49   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
It seems like Star Build Strike's armor is pretty badly damaged, this could be the thing that pushes Sei to make something even better because he realizes that to have a chance at being #1 he'd need to have some kind of a backup. He'd have to give up watching all the other matches live though.
Yeah, I think they'd need a major break in the tournament though. Maybe at the half-way point they give the competitors a week off or something. It definitely took quite a bit of stress damage through that fight, but it's probably going to continue on for the near future since we still haven't seen the water mode or the full power of what they showed this episode.

Can't help thinking we're just going to stick with the gunpla they've got for the tournament. If something else comes up that would certainly create the reason and probably time to build something better.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 08:00   Link #55
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Uh-oh..... The Secretary girl.......I WANT TO SEE HER FACE !!!!
She's seem worst than chairman
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 18:43   Link #56
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Uh-oh..... The Secretary girl.......I WANT TO SEE HER FACE !!!!
She's seem worst than chairman
Real devils ware glasses you know...
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:48   Link #57
ustatsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
This episode was so good, sooooo good. Baseball is probably my favorite sport (in anime) and that combined with gundams… perfection.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 19:21   Link #58
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustatsu View Post
This episode was so good, sooooo good. Baseball is probably my favorite sport (in anime) and that combined with gundams… perfection.
Still not up to par though with the Samurai Champloo baseball episode though :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 14:19   Link #59
noctis_lucis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
I really like the episode the baseball thing was kinda fun and we got more AilaxReiji moments so it was nice.
Will there be a new op? And what singer/band is gonna sing it?

Last edited by noctis_lucis; 2014-01-10 at 14:44. Reason: Add info
noctis_lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 17:20   Link #60
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by noctis_lucis View Post
I really like the episode the baseball thing was kinda fun and we got more AilaxReiji moments so it was nice.
Will there be a new op? And what singer/band is gonna sing it?
The OP came from the same band, starting next monday.

(And the album came with HGBF Sengoku Astray CLEAR ver.)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.