AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 22:03   Link #721
Jirachier

Yeah, the fact that a 9 years old girl is the strongest character of the series really bugs me.
I do think it would be awesome if Ayato could finally master Ser-Vesta and change its size to something smaller, massive swords aren't that cool tbh, I want something that can make full use of his Amagiri Bright Dragon Style or whatever it's called, and being able to shape it in the form of spears etc is also cool(It won't be OP, well it will definitely make him stronger but only because he already had training in those areas, so he deserves to be able to use them).
I'm also still hoping that his sister didn't just bind his massive amount of prana, and that he has some mysterious power that belongs to him, maybe she sealed because it was so powerful/rare that people would try to use him I guess ?
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 23:03   Link #722
suicane07

well..in haruka case..there still possibility there dirk tells a lie right?..after all he is twisted person and it's not weird to see him do that based on his personality..if there is someone who manage to beat haruka, there's no way he was so afraid of her and think of her as someone very dangerous..
suicane07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 23:18   Link #723
@GEMC

what part of novel did ayato receive the first key of his seal
@GEMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 05:25   Link #724
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
what part of novel did ayato receive the first key of his seal
the fact that he was able to break the seal since the beginning can regarded as the first key obtained. Apparently, he has obtained it without being aware.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 06:02   Link #725
Jirachier

can someone remind me of the #1 of the other schools that we know of ?
Spoiler for :

Last edited by Jirachier; 2014-01-18 at 06:14.
Old 2014-01-18, 06:20   Link #726
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
can someone remind me of the #1 of the other schools that we know of ?
Spoiler for :
I think Kirin/Saya will win against the robots and lose rather in the semi-final against the pair of Garrardsworth; well, it's just what I think.

BTW, chapter 5 updated!!!
Old 2014-01-18, 06:57   Link #727
Diocar

Just for curiosity, as he gets the second "key" does it mean that after that his normal state is the first key unsealead?
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 07:11   Link #728
Jirachier

Interesting fight between him+Saya and his sister, especially that Hidden Technique, I really hope that by now he has learned some of them and just didn't get the chance to use it.
Old 2014-01-18, 07:23   Link #729
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Just for curiosity, as he gets the second "key" does it mean that after that his normal state is the first key unsealead?
I don't know, but it's likely.
Old 2014-01-18, 09:16   Link #730
Jirachier

There is something that I am confused about, the Phoenix happens in the first year, Gryps in the second and the Lindvolus in the third, but what constitutes "first, second and third year" ?
I mean, do all 3 events happen every year but like only first years are allowed to participate in the Phoenix ? But that wouldn't make much sense considering that the participation age is between 13 and 22 and has nothing to do with the school level, plus the Venomous Witch won 2 Lindvolus and is trying to win a third, so if that's how things worked that would mean she failed her classes 3 times in a row.
Old 2014-01-18, 09:41   Link #731
setsuna86

Quote:
There is something that I am confused about, the Phoenix happens in the first year, Gryps in the second and the Lindvolus in the third, but what constitutes "first, second and third year" ?
I mean, do all 3 events happen every year but like only first years are allowed to participate in the Phoenix ? But that wouldn't make much sense considering that the participation age is between 13 and 22 and has nothing to do with the school level, plus the Venomous Witch won 2 Lindvolus and is trying to win a third, so if that's how things worked that would mean she failed her classes 3 times in a row.
It's as you say; everyone can participate in every Festa. The difference between the three Festa:

-Phoenix -----> Tag battle.
-Gryps -----> Team battle.
-Lindvolus -----> Individual battle.

Probably the 3 Festa happen in one year and each Festa has its period. For example, here after the Phoenix, Claudia has invited Ayato for the Gryps (probably in the same year) after he is over with the Phoenix.
Old 2014-01-18, 10:20   Link #732
Jirachier

but from the LN there is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 3
“Though it’s a matter for the future, I would like you to take part in the Gryps next year as a member of my team.”
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume1
In the summer of the first year is the partner battle PhoenixPhoenix Star Warrior Festival, in the fall of the second year is a team battle, GrypsGryphon Star Warrior Festival, and finally in the winter of the third year is the individually fought LindvolusDragon King Star Warrior Festival.
That is what is confusing me.

Also how come all the participants we've seen so far are teenagers, the age limit is 22 yet everyone seems 16, very strange.
Old 2014-01-18, 10:54   Link #733
Ophis
Dragon God

It's a cicle of three years and one event of Festa per year.

First year of cicle - Phoenix
Second year of cicle - Gryps
Third year of cicle - Lindvolus

Since the range of age goes from 13 to 22, it probably means that the schools in Asterisk must have college too. To graduate from one of this schools, you must complete one cicle or complete the mandatory years (10 years?) and participate in at least Lindvolus.

About the Venomous Witch winning 2 Lindvolus. It's very simple, she started with 13 years in first year of middle school and won her first Lindvolus in her third year of middle school. Then, she won her second Lindvolus in third year of high school.
Old 2014-01-18, 11:45   Link #734
Nandesuto

Yeah, there's only one event per year. As Ophis said, with 3 years per cycle, and 3 opportunities to compete in each event, that makes 9 years, which is also the age range for the Festa. What Julis is aiming to do is win all 3 events in one cycle, which will take the standard 3 year duration of high school for which LNs/manga like to run.
Nandesuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:05   Link #735
Jirachier

I see, that does make sense, so basically Ayato is going to be the obstacle for the Venomous Witch to overcome if she wants to win 3 times the Lindvolus. I also think that the rules will be changed to allow Divine Revelation to participate, it was mentioned that the organizers could change rules if they deemed them to be something that will make the tournament more interesting, they'd definitely want to see who is the strongest of the 3(that is if Ayato does become as OP as them by then, which he probably will).
I'm also very curious about how the story will progress after volume 5 that will probably cover the semi-finals as well as the finals, but what about after that ? are we going to have a time-skip to a few weeks before the Gryps or will the author actually keep going with the plot outside of the tournaments, I really don't see how he could keep it interesting in that manner, 12 months without any tournament, especially considering that Ayato is already #1 of his own school, no one to fight except the few people that will challenge him to a ranking battle and lose miserably.
Old 2014-01-18, 13:08   Link #736
BW95
Banned

Wait. The Lindvolus is an individual battle. Won't that mean Julis will have to face Ayato?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:18   Link #737
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Wait. The Lindvolus is an individual battle. Won't that mean Julis will have to face Ayato?
The way I see it the options are:
1. Ayato doesn't participate in the Linvolus, least likely.
2. Ayato doesn't want to participate but Julis goes on about how she wants to win it for real and if she can't beat him it has no worth, so he ends up participating and at the finals he will have a hard time fighting her even though she's quite weaker and she shouldn't have been able to go any higher than quarter-finals, this will happen because the author will use the "ignore ability" power in which a character is able to fight on par/win against someone much stronger by ignoring some of their abilities altogether, at the end he will win.
3. Almost the same as 2 except she ends up winning because Ayato makes a small mistake that he normally would never do, but the author wants to forcefully make her win so yeah.
Old 2014-01-18, 13:43   Link #738
Nandesuto

Reading the latest chapter, I have to say the oddest, most mysterious relationship is that of Ayato and his father. His father seems to have been reluctant to train him, despite apparently having no qualms training his sister, which seems strange given that Ayato is the eldest son. Furthermore, if we're going to talk about his sister having suddenly disappeared, what about his dad who doesn't even ever seem to be mentioned? I mean, if Ayato was to look for info on his sister, wouldn't his dad normally be the first person to ask?
Nandesuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:55   Link #739
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Reading the latest chapter, I have to say the oddest, most mysterious relationship is that of Ayato and his father. His father seems to have been reluctant to train him, despite apparently having no qualms training his sister, which seems strange given that Ayato is the eldest son. Furthermore, if we're going to talk about his sister having suddenly disappeared, what about his dad who doesn't even ever seem to be mentioned? I mean, if Ayato was to look for info on his sister, wouldn't his dad normally be the first person to ask?
What is strange is that he's almost never mentioned, but as far as training Ayato goes, we cannot be sure about his father's reluctance to train him, Ayato is younger than Haruka so it makes sense that she knew the hidden techniques before he did, maybe in the time-skip he did learn them but we just haven't seen them yet, the only possibility is that Ayato has some dangerous power within him and that is why he wasn't trained as well as his older sister, hopefully once the Phoenix is over he will go back to his home and we might see his father(mother too ?).
Old 2014-01-18, 14:11   Link #740
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
What is strange is that he's almost never mentioned, but as far as training Ayato goes, we cannot be sure about his father's reluctance to train him, Ayato is younger than Haruka so it makes sense that she knew the hidden techniques before he did, maybe in the time-skip he did learn them but we just haven't seen them yet, the only possibility is that Ayato has some dangerous power within him and that is why he wasn't trained as well as his older sister, hopefully once the Phoenix is over he will go back to his home and we might see his father(mother too ?).
Ayato's mother is dead or abandoned them, dont remember exactly.

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life